Sign in to follow this  
TGS

AC Millia: Combo Discussion

Back to lustshaker FB combos for me.

I don't see it really useful to combo after it, coz it doesn't give enough dmg, I think this move has a secert and it wasn't ment for comboing, for me till now:

- if the enemy doesn't have much health left, spam it after a combo (like you see in my vid vs pot)

- I tried it once vs a DAA, spark came out (when they hit at the same time) the timing is not hard coz the move lasts long.

- after a throw, if your not sure you could knock down after a combo (throw > 214+S > 214+D > run add disc)

- use it when pursuing with secret garden or ground prety maze, since you recover from the move there still is somethong to keep the enemy still in his place, then try to mix-up and get a full guard combo ^^v.

keep in mind I still didn't play GG:AC with anyone (just training mode) so I'm not sure if what I said works well vs. a human or not, I'm just comin' up with ideas for the future ._."

Edit:

lol "for the future" sounded like something I like, D1 would know what I mean =P

it's like i said in the very beginning of the thread, longinus can be used for knockdown. It also stuns enough to create a fun situation after the opponent blocks it =) Basically, if you test out when 214S would catch an opponent, it can go into longinus for a little damage (that goes a long way) and knockdown. So the big thing here is: lust shaker -> knockdown, which is one of the biggest reasons that before, millia couldn't use the move on either defense or offense (it usually killed your momentum because of the lack of follow ups). And broken dust, check the validity of your FB disc cross ups. Record the cross up with a the memory button in training mode, and then try out blocking one way, and then try it the other way.

TGS: Totally agree with you on knowing how to relaunch combo after throws for every char. I mean throw is like 70% of my game ( maby b/c I'm a sf player) so knowing how to do the goodshit after it is a must. Blitz got some really good things going off of the throws. So I say that there will most likely be a list for every char b4 the week is out. Back to lustshaker FB combos for me.

Yeah, I hear you on throws being a major part of Millia's game. When your competition comes to a point to where they focus on blocking Millia's rushdown, those throws really look appealing, especially if you have the ability to combo after it and set up another guessing game on knockdown.

Also, are you the same JJuice that got top 8 at Evo East 3S with Urien? If so, good shit man; EC really needed some more Urien players to step up recently, and you seem to be the first one to do so... BTW, I play Urien too, but it's hard to stand out with him especially when Uriens are a dime a dozen down here in SoCali, plus they're good too (so many of them at FFA)...:sweatdrop:

BTW, I tried that dashing j.K followup blitz mentioned after throwing Millia last night, and shit's hard, lol. Guess I gotta learn the timing of that shit...

Broken Dust: Good shit on the Millia AC Combo Vid. Hope to see more from you soon!

Yeah, I hear you on throws being a major part of Millia's game. When your competition comes to a point to where they focus on blocking Millia's rushdown, those throws really look appealing, especially if you have the ability to combo after it and set up another guessing game on knockdown.

Also, are you the same JJuice that got top 8 at Evo East 3S with Urien? If so, good shit man; EC really needed some more Urien players to step up recently, and you seem to be the first one to do so... BTW, I play Urien too, but it's hard to stand out with him especially when Uriens are a dime a dozen down here in SoCali, plus they're good too (so many of them at FFA)...:sweatdrop:

BTW, I tried that dashing j.K followup blitz mentioned after throwing Millia last night, and shit's hard, lol. Guess I gotta learn the timing of that shit...

Broken Dust: Good shit on the Millia AC Combo Vid. Hope to see more from you soon!

Yea man thats me. Thanks for the props and the reson why I'm playing Millia is because she got tendom tops which can be used like aegis. You being a urien player too is probably the reason why you take an intrest in millia.

:MI: = Fast Female Urien lol

And broken dust, check the validity of your FB disc cross ups. Record the cross up with a the memory button in training mode, and then try out blocking one way, and then try it the other way.

ya, I know what you mean, that's why I'm trying to go to the other side as soon as the disc finishes,, I don't get the idea why 236+D can't be crossed, it's like the game staff hate Millia lol

236+HS > 2369+D (cross) .. could be block if the enemy just pressed 4/6 without FD, and whats funny that some characters could just walk under it (Zappa, Millia's roll) >.>"

TGS: Thanks =)

Jjuice: lol at the final part XD .. I play Remy in SF3 btw, 421+K cross ftw.

ya, I know what you mean, that's why I'm trying to go to the other side as soon as the disc finishes,, I don't get the idea why 236+D can't be crossed, it's like the game staff hate Millia lol

236+HS > 2369+D (cross) .. could be block if the enemy just pressed 4/6 without FD, and whats funny that some characters could just walk under it (Zappa, Millia's roll) >.>"

well, the reason you are doing the 2369D is because it instantly shorthops her to the other side of them faster than a roll or tk turbofall, and is safer than either. You don't have to worry about them blocking both casually, since when you do it, you are instantly vaulting yourself to the other side while the 236H meaties them (green hitting first, since the FB disc isn't active till you've already crossed). That's why you set it up after 2D -> 236S -> FRC dash, so it's a meaty 236H. Meaning, you could do a knockdown into 236H -> FRC, 2K otg, then 662369D for the cross up as well. Yes, some characters can duck it (zappa, millia can just duck it if she doesn't block, faust, yada yada).

So it's not the FB disc that is crossing them up, it's the green one. Same idea behind the 236H, roll or airdash over at the last second to cross them up.

Also, badmoon rushdown just became staple. being able to pin and airdash out of it means ADC mixup can be started from a ground string with only the smallest gaps for 25% tension. Not bad.

^ the bad thing is that I have problem with 236+S FRC, coz of my joystick config: P-K-S-HS R------D so it's like I need to press S with a finger, then use three other fingers for P-K-HS (FRC) anyway, ya true HS disc is the one crossing, if you input 2369+D a bit high then, 236+HS hit > enemy flys up > 236+D hits after a while > you could continue to other combos, like airdash j.S>j.HS land relaunch. about the 25% tension, I once tried: when the enemy is on wake-up, j.214+S > airdash > j.K>j.P>j.236+D (cross) land > run > combo. works if the enemy didn't FD to knock you back on his guard.

<Blitz> throw, 669K

* moose has quit IRC (Connection reset by peer)

<Blitz> yeah... it's like that.

=3

broken dust: mine is setup like this:

K-S-H

P_-_D

you don't need to do 236S -> KPH, cuz the move you do before cancelling into the 236S gives you enough time to just go 236S -> KSH, etc.

And I'll test out different instances to see if FB discs can be used to cross up in certain situations, it's just that everything I've tried ends up being a non-cross up (this includes the double FB setups) when i test it with the memory function.

and the 25% tension was referring to stuff like dash 2K-5K -> 2369P -> FRC, 214S, ad.S, then either low ad.S again or land, 2K etc. Doesn't have to be that exact setup, but the idea is that ground + 25% = ATG mixup

and it's good to note this because when you fail to connect with a badmoon, it's bad news. With the FRC, it becomes a tool, not a liability. Getting the FRC on badmoon down, and the pin -> airdash after is going to be very important to millias game now, you'd think, the same with badmoon -> FRC, airdash =)

Speaking of which... if anyone is having trouble airdashing straight out of badmoon FRC, just input the first forward motion before the FRC, and then hit FRC~6 like a kara cancel, and it'll airdash on the first available frame.

<Blitz> throw, 669K

* moose has quit IRC (Connection reset by peer)

<Blitz> yeah... it's like that.

=3

broken dust: mine is setup like this:

K-S-H

P_-_D

you don't need to do 236S -> KPH, cuz the move you do before cancelling into the 236S gives you enough time to just go 236S -> KSH, etc.

And I'll test out different instances to see if FB discs can be used to cross up in certain situations, it's just that everything I've tried ends up being a non-cross up (this includes the double FB setups) when i test it with the memory function.

and the 25% tension was referring to stuff like dash 2K-5K -> 2369P -> FRC, 214S, ad.S, then either low ad.S again or land, 2K etc. Doesn't have to be that exact setup, but the idea is that ground + 25% = ATG mixup

and it's good to note this because when you fail to connect with a badmoon, it's bad news. With the FRC, it becomes a tool, not a liability. Getting the FRC on badmoon down, and the pin -> airdash after is going to be very important to millias game now, you'd think, the same with badmoon -> FRC, airdash =)

Speaking of which... if anyone is having trouble airdashing straight out of badmoon FRC, just input the first forward motion before the FRC, and then hit FRC~6 like a kara cancel, and it'll airdash on the first available frame.

them badmoon ATG mixups are godlike I saw Rena doing them and it reminds me of I-no FRC CL dash rushdown.

more stuff (just posting it as I go along at this point) for fun on ky, midscreen: S©-2H -> iad.S-H, land, j.K-D -> ad. K-D -> ad.D (knockdown) S©-2H -> j.S-H -> ad.D -> ad.S-H, land, j.K-S-H -> ad.D -> ad.H -> 214S, land, 6H (knockdown) S©-2H -> 2369D, land, dash S(f)-2H -> j.D -> ad.K-D -> ad.D (knockdown) ^_^ throw, dash 5K -> j.K-S-H -> ad.D -> ad.S-H, land, j.K-D -> 214S, falling j.D -> ad.D -> ad.D (^midscreen, though a possible fullscreen looks very similar) throw, dash S(f)-2H -> j.D -> ad.K-D -> ad.D theres a slight pause between the 2H and the j.D

Whoa lots of combos~ I'll be adding the most useful ones into the first post over the night, with video clips to come in the near future. FYI the most consistent combo I found for knockdown in my short time with AC is: Aerial launch, combo to 2H, j.D ||| ADC j.K-D | ADC j.H xx S Pin, land 6H. Works from throw or connected Disc / FB Disc on almost all normal weights and some lights. Also: Aerial launch, combo to 2H, j.D || ADC j.H | ADC j.S-H, land... seems to have potential for relaunches at a good height. Broken_Dust, Def - good to see you guys back and posting :P blitz - Post those throw combos already!

Updated up to post #41, which includes that whole batch of corner Disc combos by Jjuice. Very good stuff, though I can't see that Johnny one working due to his extra bit of mass and the lack of connecting hits.. will have to test on that. (I'll also add notes as I go, if needed) Anyway if I severely fucked up the direction or pauses of these combos while replaying these in my mind (lol, can't test every single one of these in my limited time) please let me know so I can correct it.

Updated up to post #41, which includes that whole batch of corner Disc combos by Jjuice. Very good stuff, though I can't see that Johnny one working due to his extra bit of mass and the lack of connecting hits.. will have to test on that. (I'll also add notes as I go, if needed)

Anyway if I severely fucked up the direction or pauses of these combos while replaying these in my mind (lol, can't test every single one of these in my limited time) please let me know so I can correct it.

They all work 100% but some are harder then others. Like some one in this fourm said Millia combos are easy but hard to master. I mean even when you watch top japanese Millia player there combos have a Dark beat most of the time. So Knowing your matchups and putting your combos on point is going to be key in playing Millia at high lv. + Not everyone can 1 frame tech everytime like the cpu in trainning mode.

I have compleated all the combos off of LSFB that lead to knockdown with everyone except for :JO: and :MA: (I will compleat these two today) So I plan on posting them up later 2nite.

The reason why I think Lustshaker FB is a good tool with Millia is because after an ATG you get mixups, and one of them could be to imput 6K, then LSFB combo that ends in a knockdown.

so the big picture is LSFB combo to knockdown > LSFB and just having a knockdown

Updated up to post #41, which includes that whole batch of corner Disc combos by Jjuice. Very good stuff, though I can't see that Johnny one working due to his extra bit of mass and the lack of connecting hits.. will have to test on that. (I'll also add notes as I go, if needed)

Anyway if I severely fucked up the direction or pauses of these combos while replaying these in my mind (lol, can't test every single one of these in my limited time) please let me know so I can correct it.

When you Post the combos I made up, make sure that after the tendom top hits you do 6P, 2H after because it is very important. This sets the perfect hight for the combos that I posted. If you don't like 6P, 2H then you can S©2hits, 2H after a tendom top but it dose less damage because of the damage scale.

I'm not good a posting the pauses becuse to me things are going to be early or late the same goes for Frame data. For me things are going to be - after this move or + after the move, so I guess I more of an instinct player. If you could to the combo and post the pauses that would be great:cool:

order sol is ridiculously easy to combo, it's the most eerie thing I've ever experienced...

^Too bad he can kill her in about 5 seconds flat. Also on the pauses, they're a bit hard to demonstrate for combo posts, so the best method would be to simply practice it yourself and learn the timings. Also on the main combo page, thank you so much for not including any of the ones I posted Teyah. I appreciate that. ;)

ok, found the tensionless pinless knockdown combos from a throw for jam (it's been bothering me for awhile) throw, dash K -> j.K-S-H -> ad.D -> ad.D {hawt} throw, dash j.K-P-K-D -> ad.S-H, land, j.K-D -> ad.K-D -> ad.D

Also on the main combo page, thank you so much for not including any of the ones I posted Teyah. I appreciate that. ;)

? Your combos are not B&B or even useful flashy/difficult combos, that is why they were not included. Same goes for Def's 22-hit combo he posted - sure it looks nice, but it's not all too useful because she has better options in that situation. Anyway, my thoughts:

1st - oki 236D, TK j.236D (icy oki), 2hs, j.p, j.k, j.d, ADC, j.s, j.hs, land, j.k, j.s, j.hs, hs pin, ADC j.d

- j.P has no place in this combo this early as it unnecessarily scales down far too much. I'm certain there are other ways to go into a relaunch on Eddie, for example, see the Eddie/I-No combo already posted.

2nd - corner oki hs disc, IAD falling 5s (2 hits), j.p, j.k, j.d, ADC, j.s, j.hs, land, j.k, j.s, j.hs, hs pin, j.236d, land, Winger

- IAD falling 5S(2)? And again, same issues with the j.P. Also, Millia's B&Bs do not end with air FB Disc, as that's a waste of tension and loss of corner knockdown. Winger at the end, again a waste of tension and giving up knockdown :(

This thread is for finding/posting 'B&B Knockdown Combos' only - so please don't take it personally if your submissions don't get posted.

? Your combos are not B&B or even useful flashy/difficult combos, that is why they were not included. Same goes for Def's 22-hit combo he posted - sure it looks nice, but it's not all too useful because she has better options in that situation.

This thread is for finding/posting 'B&B Knockdown Combos' only - so please don't take it personally if your submissions don't get posted.

I agree with teyah, not all flashy difficult combos should be linked to the first post. Most important is get the basics down first ^^ so dun worry (keep the ideas flowing IP. Oh and do some combo vids xD kekekekekek). But in other news i thought IP's jam throw combo is pretty nice, but since i dun have AC i have no way of knowing exactly how much damage it does or anything. I only thought starting air combos with j.hs lands you more damage, but overall please check out damage for it's tension use, and for it's knockdown (it's important to be objective about a combo's usefulness)

On jam:

Throw, 5s, 2hs, j.hs, ADC, j.d, ADC j.s, j.hs, land, j.k, j.d, ADC j.hs, s pin, ADC j.hs, j.236d, 6hs

edit*: i think all combos should have a brief note on damage, and easiness on timing, or even if it's for flash or for effectiveness. That way, it'll be easier for mods to know which to put into bread n butter, and which would end up in the "WAYS TO BE A HAWT MILLIA" post with fancy combos... ^_^ just an idea

^ kasou: Generally, the combos I've posted so far come in certain categories: 1)bare 2)pin 3)tension 4)tension + pin 5)burst safe in any combination of 1-4 because these are the options you weigh when you are about to do a combo (if you want to get the most out of a situation, and do so without wasting) Anything that is a relaunch or is extended in any way is done for the sake of pushing the opponent to the corner, gaining tension, or an increase in damage. So I see your point about notating the combos, but frankly, I'd think teyah knows when a combo will do shit damage or not just by reading what it has in it, and likewise, on whether the combo ends in the corner, or some other form which is advantageous. and I will always post useful combos =) but those are the categories they are divvied into. ... I also post some combos which are very very difficult ^^;; just try doing this on ky: throw, dash 5K -> j.K-S-H -> ad.D -> ad.S-H, land, j.K-D -> 214S, falling j.D -> ad.D -> ad.D (and get knockdown from that) It does work, by the way =) random vs jam combo: S©-2H -> j.D -> ad.K-D -> ad.S-H, land, j.K-D -> ad.K-D -> ad.D the 2h -> j.D is reaaaaaaaalllllyyyyy late.

We're all figuring shit out on our own, let's go whine on the internet about how someone else posted it..... O shi..

I found Longinus launch with Johnny two days ago.....

If It's a relaunch after a LSFB against Johnny then post it up. I found out how to do one with out a relaunch but I could not find one with a relaunch off of 6k, LSFB, dash S©2hits, 2H.

Ohh and I was testing some more combos off of 6k, LSFB, dash S©2hits, 2H. and I found out that on some chars you can do 6k, LSFB, dash S(f), 2H for alittle more damage instead but I'm not sure if it works with all the chars and the combos that I posted. So I will test it out and see if it work for all of them. If so then 6k, LSFB, dash S©2hits, 2H < 6k, LSFB, dash S(f), 2H.

Next combo list I will be working on is 2k, 5S©, 5S(f), 2S, S tendom top, 5P, jump towards K... to relunch and end with a knockdown.

Sign in to follow this