Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Darkonis

A little Ky help

Ok so yeah I've been up for a while and I think my brain is just fried for right now cause I've been playing since I got home from work at 4am and its now 6:46am but yeah... I've been trying to figure a way to combo more into a combo I'm kinda working on. Basically it's this: Now: CSE -> FRC -> 6HS -> 214K(Greed Sever) -> 5S -> 2HS -> Jump 5S -> j.c. 5S-> 5HS..... Was: CSE -> FRC -> 6HS -> 214K(Greed Sever) -> 5S -> 2HS...... Seems like everything I try after that Black Beats and I would like to find something to follow that up with that doesn't Black Beat. I'm playing PS2's AC+. Dunno if that matters but any help would be appreciated. Anything to add to that combo for either Now or Was would be nice. Just can't seem to make the combo into a nice long combo other than what I have now.

Ok so yeah I've been up for a while and I think my brain is just fried for right now cause I've been playing since I got home from work at 4am and its now 6:46am but yeah... I've been trying to figure a way to combo more into a combo I'm kinda working on. Basically it's this:

Now: CSE -> FRC -> 6HS -> 214K(Greed Sever) -> 5S -> 2HS -> Jump 5S -> j.c. 5S-> 5HS.....

Was: CSE -> FRC -> 6HS -> 214K(Greed Sever) -> 5S -> 2HS......

Seems like everything I try after that Black Beats and I would like to find something to follow that up with that doesn't Black Beat. I'm playing PS2's AC+. Dunno if that matters but any help would be appreciated.

Anything to add to that combo for either Now or Was would be nice. Just can't seem to make the combo into a nice long combo other than what I have now.

First off....Why would you even do this combo? :psyduck:

Considering the CSE even hits a real opponent? >_>

just to give myself something extra to work on in case the move does hit. I'm new to playing Ky and I just want to get more things going if stuff were to happen. Or you know any other combo would be nice to know. I dunno, I just know my friend is teaching me how to play ky and he is a really good ABA so he just can teach me the basics and not any Ky specific combos.

End both of those combos with Vapor Thrust -> follow up Here's a Ky combo you should practice. The starter is very universal (although certain characters are extremely difficult to pick up with it) 5K -> 5HS -> 2D -> CSE ForceBreak -> 5S -> 2HS -> j.S -> dj.S -> j.HS -> Vapor Thrust -> Followup It does good damage (for Ky lol) and knocks down 99% of the time.

cool thanks man i'll have to work on that today before i go to columbus to play with some guys tonight. anymore tips would be cool too. i would like to try and get some stuff to record some video and post it up so people can help me through that too. thanks again though.

Any combo that winds up with Ky and the opponent in the air should end with Vapor Thrust -> Followup. So if you land any random hits in the air, learn to hitconfirm into it. Learn your throw FRC -> 5S -> 2HS -> j.S -> dj.S -> dj.HS -> VT -> followup combo. Learn some blockstrings: 5K -> 5HS -> 6K -> 2P -> 5HS -> Stun Edge knockdown -> CSE oki -> 6HS -> 5S -> 6P -> 5HS -> 6K Throw out 6P after 6K recovers for a silly frame trap that works more than it should. :psyduck:

Lol as long as its not as silly as SF2's High Kick Low Kick B/S. Either way yeah I told the guy who is helping me learn Ky about what you said and he said its tricky and you have to fast for that first combo given so I'm going to work on those a ton both tonight and tomorrow when I get a chance. Also if you want send me a IM on AIM to talk more cause you seem pretty knowledgeable for this.

For the Forcebreak in the first combo, input it as 236D63214D. That usually works fastest for me.

well i know how to do it i just have to work on the timing to combo into it and to combo from it. that was the tricky part i think.

In case it isn't obvious, Charged Stun Edge is ideal as Okizeme pressure (on opponent wakeup after knockdown). In fact once it's out and you're close enough, FRC isn't always necessary unless you want to be safe. Just don't try doing it up close when they aren't knocked down on the ground or you'll get punished. 5C Far poke>S Stun Edge FRC is better in those situations. Air CSE can be TKed so that it comes out low and should be FRCed so you are safe on the other hand. Also don't forget that you can "float" ground CSE (jump immediately after) after FRC for some neat situations. Also that it can be negative edged for double CSE FRC pressure. Stuff I do: TK Stun Raise Forcebreak>Air CSE> land and several options open up since you're controlling airspace: 6H shenanigans, Greed Sever stuff, or combo pokes into sweep.