Sign in to follow this  
Zinac

Faust in Accent Core : Combos

First I'm going to give the combos listed in the break encyclopedia. Damage is measured against Sol. Disclaimer: I have personally confirmed all the combos. They have all been tested on Sol and Ky. All combos confirmed to work against Sol except combos 4 and 9. mook combos: 1) 145 DMG - [2D>2S] JC > [K>S>K] JC > [s>HS] 2) 164 DMG - (edge of screen) Drill Cancel Kick JC > j.2K>[far 5.S>5.HS]>pogo hit> 5.S(ground flower)>5.HS(going my way) 3) 202 DMG - Drill Cancel Kick JC > j.2K > [ far 5.S>5.HS]> pogo hit RC> dash 2.S JC > [K>S>K] JC> [K>S>HS] 4) 225 DMG (confirmed against KY) - (edge of screen) Drill Cancel Kick JC > j.2K>[far 5.S>5.HS] > pogo hit RC > dash 2.HS or 6.HS > pogo hit > 9(pogo jump) > 5.S (ground flower) > going my way 5) 160 DMG - Drill Cancel Kick JC > j.2K > dash [5.P>2.D>2.S] JC > [K>S>K] JC > [s>HS] 6) 121 DMG - 214.D(ikinari oissu! - FB) > 5.K JC > [K>S>K] > [s>HS] 7) 145 DMG - 41236.K (scalpel stab) > 4 (pull back) > 236.D (Force Break) > 2.S JC > [K>S>K] JC > [s>HS] 8) 141 DMG - j.2k > land > 236.D (Force Break) land > 5.D (item) > 5.S (ground flower) > 5.HS (going my way) 9) 137-147 DMG - 214.HS (command throw) RC > [near 5.S > 2.D > 2.S] JC > [K>S>K] JC [K>S>HS] 10) 178 DMG - 5.D > 8 (homing jump) > HS>HS> [s>K>P>K] JC > [K>S>HS]

Edited by Zinac

Those japaneses are crazy =p Do anyone managed to use the Detonator FB?(in Tougeki Damashii's video he uses SB to block the explosion) Not that it can be useful, but only out of curiosity XDDD And is there a better combo from air pogo? j.236D-P-H

mid-screen you can do FDC j.2k > 236D > P (face punch thing) > S (ground flower) > 99 > P > S > Going my way. 154 DMG on Sol. Is it just me or is comboing after an overhead FDC into a ground slash just not practical? It seems there's not enough hit stun from the overhead 5k/2k for the ground slash to combo. It's easier with a ground 5p since there's less start up on 5p than a 5s. I guess with his new pogo Force Break we have the option of just comboing into that after a overhead FDC for a sure knockdown.

mid-screen you can do FDC j.2k > 236D > P (face punch thing) > S (ground flower) > 99 > P > S > Going my way. 154 DMG on Sol.

Is it just me or is comboing after an overhead FDC into a ground slash just not practical? It seems there's not enough hit stun from the overhead 5k/2k for the ground slash to combo. It's easier with a ground 5p since there's less start up on 5p than a 5s. I guess with his new pogo Force Break we have the option of just comboing into that after a overhead FDC for a sure knockdown.

It's plenty practical, since 2k has ALOT of hit stun. I've been doing it all day yesterday and today =/

For some of these combos that say: "Drill Cancel JC > j.2K" So you are doing j.2K FDC and then... j.2K? Or are you doing j.2K FDC j.k JC j.2K? Because if it's the first case, is the j.2K FDC actually necessary? Couldn't you just start with j.2K?

For some of these combos that say:

"Drill Cancel JC > j.2K"

So you are doing j.2K FDC and then... j.2K?

Or are you doing j.2K FDC j.k JC j.2K?

Because if it's the first case, is the j.2K FDC actually necessary? Couldn't you just start with j.2K?

I ment to write Drill Cancel K, meaning j.2k FDC > j.k

I'll fix it

faust's pressure is amazing......2 K to handslap force break is soooooo godamn fast.... 214D goes right over and destroys sol's dust sweep:yaaay: :yaaay: :yaaay: good knockdown combo 214D 5k jk jk jD

far 5S doesn't chain into 2HS... are you sure you don't mean close 5S 2HS, or far 5S 5HS? or is this a link combo? Not so hard combo that should be useful: (cornered opponent): 214HS, 5P 2S jc. j.K jc j.K j.D While the old juggles following cornered opponent 214HS still work, this seems to be an easy an fairly reliable one that ends in j.D. I haven't done much testing with just how high you can take them before the j.D hit can be teched, but this one for sure cannot be. Waste of tension combo: (cornered opponent): 214D 236D (opponent lands) pogo S, pogo HS 214D finishes recovery with Faust still airborne, allowing you to hit with stuff like GMW or 236D. The ground flower hit must be OTG, otherwise they can tech before the pogo GMW hits them.

far 5S doesn't chain into 2HS... are you sure you don't mean close 5S 2HS, or far 5S 5HS?

or is this a link combo?

Not so hard combo that should be useful:

You're right, but it was a typo in the mook. I assume it's standing far S to standing HS like the rest of them combos.

You're right, but it was a typo in the mook. I assume it's standing far S to standing HS like the rest of them combos.

Typo... or PS2 bug?

Because far 5S 2HS chain would be great; 80 dmg poke string? Count me in!

Typo... or PS2 bug?

Because far 5S 2HS chain would be great; 80 dmg poke string? Count me in!

5S>2HS does not gattling. I listed the new gattlings in the AC thread

9) 137-147 DMG - 214.HS (command throw) RC > [near 5.S > 5.D > 2.S] JC > [K>S>K] JC [K>S>HS]

Are you saying that near 5.S can link into 5.D, and it in 2.S?

(yes, I know it's a typo =p)

Are you saying that near 5.S can link into 5.D, and it in 2.S?

(yes, I know it's a typo =p)

square brackets [] indicate a gatling, so they cancel into one another, not link.

Any tips for doing FDC J.K into j.2k? You have to jump cancel the first kick, right? so the combo looks like fdc 2k, j.k, 8 (this is the jc), 2k? I'm having problems doing this reliably :\

Any tips for doing FDC J.K into j.2k? You have to jump cancel the first kick, right? so the combo looks like fdc 2k, j.k, 8 (this is the jc), 2k? I'm having problems doing this reliably :\

Not much more to do than practice. You must input j.2k right after the JC occures to be able to land in time to combo from the ground.

A stun edge went right through my 5d yesterday! i didn't know this before but apparently 5d has a few invincibility frames...cool EDIT: yup its in the frame data

A stun edge went right through my 5d yesterday!

i didn't know this before but apparently 5d has a few invincibility frames...cool

EDIT: yup its in the frame data

Yes it does! There are very specific situations where you can learn to go right through attacks, team poland has a video demonstrating this I believe.

Yes it does! There are very specific situations where you can learn to go right through attacks, team poland has a video demonstrating this I believe.

can i get a link if you can find it?

Full tension idiocy: (cornered opponent) [ 6HS 236S RC ] x 2 (run up) 6HS 236S pogo S pogo HS does terrific dmg on anybody it works on... Baiken (neutral guard gauge = 347 dmg!) and Bridget to name a few. But, doing a 6HS after the 236S on many others will cause them to bounce too high, making the next 236S whiff. On characters for which this happens, you can substitute the 6HS's after the first with 2HS. However, 2HS does 38 less dmg than 6HS... so this combo ends up being substantially weaker. Notable, since a bunch of character for which the 6HS bounces too high have naturally low defense ratings, such as Millia, Chipp, and Dizzy. But there's another but... if their guard gauge is high enough that the 6HS in the loop counts as CH, then their bounce is delayed sufficiently that the 236S will probably connect! But then, "cornered opponent + flashing guard gauge + full tension = FATAL KO DMG!!" isn't really all that special. Hooray for easy mode loops! 6HS, we love you even more. Bonus: (cornered opponent) CH j.D (run up) c.5S 5S 5HS 2D 236S RC (run up) 2HS 236S RC (run up) 2HS 236S pogo S pogo HS does a lot of dmg. You could probably substitute 6HS for 2HS on characters for which [ 6HS 236S RC ] is loopable. I only tested the combo on Millia. Haven't tried if picking the guy off the ground with some other move and doing 2S jc [air combo] does better dmg than another 2HS blah blah at the end.

Sign in to follow this