Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dingo_Egret

How to do Fuzzy Jump by dgr_maneater.

Again, I really wanna stress this OS isn't an answer to mix up. You don't use it to block high/low primarily, although that can happen in situations where you understand some gatling options, but again variables so not really. Chars with mix up game that is just high/low you into oblivion like Valk and Relius really do not care if you're attempting to do this, you're still just guessing blocks or escape attempts. Another quick point is there's a small variable window where you have to stand up to input the OS, so staggered lows get thrown out to check/catch it sometimes.

The way the OS plays out in practice is super simple actually though. When offense starts, a player will usually structure their offense in a way to tell if this particular defensive option is being used. If they see it, they can adjust their offense to deal with it. If the defender notices that though, they can vary their other defensive options to deal with that particular offense and the guessing game just starts up again. It's a really strong option, which should be learned and used, but you can still deal with it as another defensive layer. It's really funny when players layer in other options besides jump too, then the game starts becoming about a huge set of options and interesting interactions happen. Go look at P4U lol

The problem comes when the player on the offensive /doesn't know or understand/ this option, and they can't get openings because they don't know how to beat it.

Edit: The correct input is actually 1 > 7A+B+C > 1.

I've been using 1 > 7A+B+C > 1 in order to Fuzzy Jump in BB. Every other "method" posted here seems convoluted haha.

Is there a video demonstrating this? I think there might be something i'm doing wrong.

Is there a video demonstrating this? I think there might be something i'm doing wrong.

Perhaps it would be helpful for you to include what's happening onscreen when you try to Fuzzy Jump? As @Lord Knight has mentioned in his blogpost about a year ago, if your opponent is going for the classic poke/throw setup (which had a much higher success rate before OSs were discovered), then you're supposed to either tech the throw or up back barrier. If you're fast enough, you'll simply up back your opponent's throw attempt with Barrier on, otherwise you'll tech their throw. Basically, you Fuzzy Jump anytime you think your opponent will grab you or you think it's "safe." Of course it's important to know that while incorporating Fuzzy Jump into your defense does improve it, it's important to know that it's not a "get out of jail card" for everything.

And @pochp has already shared with us an example of it being used in action. Just pay attention to the following timestamps which is right after Rachel gets knocked down by Ragna.

2:23, 2:37, 2:51, 3:13

Perhaps it would be helpful for you to include what's happening onscreen when you try to Fuzzy Jump? As @Lord Knight has mentioned in his blogpost about a year ago, if your opponent is going for the classic poke/throw setup (which had a much higher success rate before OSs were discovered), then you're supposed to either tech the throw or up back barrier. If you're fast enough, you'll simply up back your opponent's throw attempt with Barrier on, otherwise you'll tech their throw. Basically, you Fuzzy Jump anytime you think your opponent will grab you or you think it's "safe." Of course it's important to know that while incorporating Fuzzy Jump into your defense does improve it, it's important to know that it's not a "get out of jail card" for everything.

And @pochp has already shared with us an example of it being used in action. Just pay attention to the following timestamps which is right after Rachel gets knocked down by Ragna.

2:23, 2:37, 2:51, 3:13

Thank you kindly :)