Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AmayaGin

GGXrd Stage Discussion Thread

Which stages are your favorite? Which do you dread playing on? Lacking a dedicated training stage, which stage do you train on?

Do any stages provide benefits for certain color palates or characters? I'm thinking similar to SFIV's volcano stage, where certain character's fireballs are hard to see properly. 

Generally there isn't any stage I prefer to another when it comes to playing normally though I really like Leo's(?) baroque stage. I usually train in Dragonica Falls because there is no npc interaction to get screwed when I press select.

Good topic.  I love the stages in this game, and many other fighters over the years.  Bedman's even has a short film!  I train on the upbeat outdoor ones: Faust, May, Ky, etc. because I don't care for "dark" red and black as much.  Cool that music can be seperate from the stage.  If a BG is too cluttered or distracting, it's a bit of a problem visually, and often for netplay.

P4AU has dedicated netplay stages, but I almost never see any choices in this game.  One person from here stuck w/Arena stage in our set which was cool.  I'm guessing that one is best vs. lag.  Any others, I wonder...

Who likes burgers here? There are 2 known burger stages as far as I know, but maybe there are some hidden burgers in other stages:

1. NEO New York Burger

2. Magicapolis Edinburger

I actually really love Magicapolis. It really showed creative use of the new game engine, it's really pretty, and it's clean enough that it doesn't interfere with the fight. Nightmare Theater is cool as shit, but the big screen can be a bit distracting to some people. Babylon in 5 Years has this arctic vibe that's really nice too, reminds me a bit of what a Northern Canadian city would look like if it was in the GGverse. Maybe also a throwback to hype dog?

I like how the new Babylon is just about 10ft to the left of where the old stage was in previous games.  If you get way up into the air on the right side of the stage (Dragon Install VV > RC > VV > RC > VV) you can see some of it in the background.

I like how the new Babylon is just about 10ft to the left of where the old stage was in previous games.  If you get way up into the air on the right side of the stage (Dragon Install VV > RC > VV > RC > VV) you can see some of it in the background.

I'm going to take you on Sol's Sight Seeing Tour 2015 next time we play. Fly first class on the Volcanic Viper Airlines, where good customer service is provided with a fist to the face to such exotic locales like magical New York or magical Montreal!

Whenever I get to pick stage I immediately go for Dragonica Falls. Not being an english native I just love the sound of that name. Other than that I do enjoy its colour scheme. Most characters stand out nicely regardless of colour picked. Other than that, Nightmare Theater is very solid in terms of details.

One I don't like to play on is Ram's stage (Japan?). It's just too red and I find many particle effects to be harder to see.

The stage I'd never play on however is the magic city train one. It's just so annoying with all the blurry stuff in the background.

Objectively rated and OFFICIAL AS HELL ruleset for my tournaments.

Starter Stages

- Neo New York

- Royal Court

- Dragonica Falls

- Zepp Center Arsenal

- Down Town

- Babylon in five years

- Arena

- Illyria Castle, 5th Skywalk

- Central Organ Tower

- 5th Skywalk Rain

Counterpick Stages

- May Ship II

- Villa Vampir

- Nightmare Theater

- Japan

Banned Stages

- Opera House

- Colony

- Edinburgh MagicaPolis

I tend to go for Illyria Castle 5th Skywalk, because I'm one of those people who also only pick Bonne Wonderland in Marvel.

Objectively rated and OFFICIAL AS HELL ruleset for my tournaments.

Starter Stages

- Neo New York

- Royal Court

- Dragonica Falls

- Zepp Center Arsenal

- Down Town

- Babylon in five years

- Arena

- Illyria Castle, 5th Skywalk

- Central Organ Tower

- 5th Skywalk Rain

Counterpick Stages

- May Ship II

- Villa Vampir

- Nightmare Theater

- Japan

Banned Stages

- Opera House

- Colony

- Edinburgh MagicaPolis

I tend to go for Illyria Castle 5th Skywalk, because I'm one of those people who also only pick Bonne Wonderland in Marvel.

Why do you hate people?

Huh. I haven't actually made an effort to sit back and appreciate the stages now that I think about it.

Bedman's stage is pretty cool. I wish I knew what the whole film in the background was like.

Zato-1's stage is cool. Seeing death in the background and watch you kill the guy you're fighting actually dies look pretty cool.

For netplay purposes, Elphelt & Arena are used exclusively to minimize performance lag (at least on PS3) that may occur due to excessive npc or particle effects on screen (yes, even with the PS3 set to "performance"). 

If I play you online and you are 1P, and are not on those stages, I'm out.

Ah, thanks for the info on El's stage.  I figured Arena was one.  Now that I know those two are the best, I'll go with those (and encourage others in chat as well).

Edinburgh UGH #Kreygasm

Best stage freeeeeeeeeeeeee

OFC it's the worst stage for netplay, Axl why you gotta treat me this way?! D:

For netplay purposes, Elphelt & Arena are used exclusively to minimize performance lag (at least on PS3) that may occur due to excessive npc or particle effects on screen (yes, even with the PS3 set to "performance"). 

If I play you online and you are 1P, and are not on those stages, I'm out.

Fair enough. Stage load in doesn't affect me since I replaced my PS3's HDD with a SSD and I have a pretty fast connection. It's usually the other end that's an issue. I wanna see some of the classic stages redone in the new engine.

Draconica Falls, Villa Vampir, Arena, Central Organ Tower, Edinburgh Magicapolis. These are the only stages I fuck with. Edinburgh isn't a match stage often, though.

Considering that the PS3 version will lag offline, just use Elph and Arena stages. If you pick Chipp, pick Falls because the water hides his shadow.

Stages are cool but some of them basically kill the game :|

Considering that the PS3 version will lag offline, just use Elph and Arena stages. If you pick Chipp, pick Falls because the water hides his shadow.

Stages are cool but some of them basically kill the game :|

Which version of the PS3 do you have? I noticed this with my old fat-ass PS3 but on my new slim it doesn't lag. I'm just curious if the updated hardware has any bearing on performance. 

PS3 super slim. I've seen it on a few different versions though, it's just PS3s in general. Sometimes it's not too bad, sometimes you get Bedman's stage and you can actually just watch the slowdown whenever particle effects kick in. Kind of a shame.