Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anne

[CPEX] Blazblue: Chronophantasma Extend News and Gameplay Discussion 3.0

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201504/23077073.html
Famitsu interview with Mori.

He confirms that they have added new footage to the end of the story mode that connects it to the next game. Just like they did with CSEX.

Also, Mori has been talking with Katou... They are interested in creating a book with pictures and full settings for all of the Murakumo units, but they'll most likely do it after they're finished with BlazBlue's story.

Mori also thinks that the amount of Western BlazBlue players has increased.

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201504/23077073.html

Famitsu interview with Mori.

He confirms that they have added new footage to the end of the story mode that connects it to the next game. Just like they did with CSEX.

Also, Mori has been talking with Katou... They are interested in creating a book with pictures and full settings for all of the Murakumo units, but they'll most likely do it after they're finished with BlazBlue's story.

This is relevant to my interests  :O

That sounds so good.

But it's probably going to be like that supposed Kokonoe spin-off. He'll bring it up a few times and never mention it again ;_;

Around what time will this be available for a digital download/unlock?

Could've sworn CP was faster

Mine too...

Me three. Adds a bit more incentive to get the game.

He does? Maybe more concentrated to the PS3 side since no 360 version came out for CP but increased overall? I am a bit skeptical. I know many people left due to lacking the PS3 console itself while others (correctly) guessed the Extend version will be made ready down the line so they didn't buy the vanilla. Course I don't have statistics on me so I cannot do more other than speculate...

I just started downloading the Xbox One version it's 14.22 gigs. Should be done by the time I get back from a lunch meeting

Seems oddly large, even for a One game. You can fit an RPG in ~15gb, I wonder what BB's got that brought it up to 14.

He does? Maybe more concentrated to the PS3 side since no 360 version came out for CP but increased overall? I am a bit skeptical. I know many people left due to lacking the PS3 console itself while others (correctly) guessed the Extend version will be made ready down the line so they didn't buy the vanilla. Course I don't have statistics on me so I cannot do more other than speculate...

BB's getting more popular, showing up in more mainstream western media, and a very impressive showing last EVO surely further bumped up its popularity, if only momentarily.

Pretty much every DLC for vanilla BBCP except the systems voices is included and most of it is unlocked in the gallery using P$. Yes, even the promo DLC.

And interesting thing is that the game seemingly recognises the colour and system voice DLC from vanilla BBCP and will have that respective DLC content auto unlocked. So if you own all the colour DLCs and Kokonoe and Terumi for vanilla BBCP, the 26 older characters will have their colours 17-21 auto unlocked in Gallery in EX.

Seems oddly large, even for a One game. You can fit an RPG in ~15gb, I wonder what BB's got that brought it up to 14.

Maybe they touched up on the animated cutscenes for the current gen consoles? I dunno, does that happen often with ports a mere year and some change apart? I would have said that Library mode being added before I remembered that this is the JPN version and it always had that mode. Jury's still out whether or not the localized version will include it and I truly hope it is.

EDIT: Now it hits me. Didn't EVERY single Distortion Drive get an Overdrive version and not just select ones? That could explain the added size along with the extra scenes that tie in the next game.

BB's getting more popular, showing up in more mainstream western media, and a very impressive showing last EVO surely further bumped up its popularity, if only momentarily.

Ah well then, that's good to know. Yeah I take a stab at the game whenever I possibly can but you know, I DO want BlazBlue to be popular. I've grown quite attached to the characters over the years (even the ones I loathe in their entirety) and I'd be remiss if I didn't say that for however much I get tired of the series, something always drags me back in.

And I don't mind saying this but it was a chore to get this to start downloading from the Japanese Xbox Store. I had the yen loaded and everything but I get hit with the address and prefecture questions in Japanese, so I just went to the Xbox webpage changed it to Japan and preceded to buy it there. I had the same questions there too, but I was about to fill out the whole page and start my download remotely.

I started the download about 30 mins ago and I'm at 35%

The Master Chief Collection was like.. 60 gigs. And CoD was like 30-40 gigs iirc. 14 gigs is really small for a Xbox One game believe it or not.

Sucks to be P4U.

I wonder what happened? Was it because of rights and/or just not popular enough?

I wonder what happened? Was it because of rights and/or just not popular enough?

More like this Arc Revo is using console versions and P4U2 2.0 isn't on console yet.

More like this Arc Revo is using console versions and P4U2 2.0 isn't on console yet.

Okay that explains things. Why the format change to console though? Probably because it's more convenient?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Master Chief Collection was like.. 60 gigs. And CoD was like 30-40 gigs iirc. 14 gigs is really small for a Xbox One game believe it or not.

MCC was literally 4.5 games in one, of course if was gigantic. Not sure why AW was so big, I imagine it's due to just MUH GRAPHICS, but as a counterpoint, Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel on Xbox One is only 10 gigs, and Rayman Legends is about 8 gigs. Typically you only see the graphics-heavy BIG NAME titles with large download sizes on the One. 14 gigs seems odd for a sprite-based fighter.

Also the Forza Standalone thing for Furious 7 was like 3 gigs, but of course that wasn't a very large title to begin with.

Maybe they touched up on the animated cutscenes for the current gen consoles? I dunno, does that happen often with ports a mere year and some change apart? I would have said that Library mode being added before I remembered that this is the JPN version and it always had that mode. Jury's still out whether or not the localized version will include it and I truly hope it is.

EDIT: Now it hits me. Didn't EVERY single Distortion Drive get an Overdrive version and not just select ones? That could explain the added size along with the extra scenes that tie in the next game.

The OD versions of the DDs are still using the exact same sprites and assets already in the base game, it's not going to bloat the game up like that. And I'd hope the cutscenes aren't using up that much space.

Neither is Xrd 1.1 :V

Okay that explains things. Why the format change to console though? Probably because it's more convenient?

Apparently because they're giving out prize money and you can't do that with an arcade-based tournament or something.

Neither is Xrd 1.1 :V

I know, but it's already been confirmed this Arc Revo is using the console versions.

Pretty much every DLC for vanilla BBCP except the systems voices is included and most of it is unlocked in the gallery using P$. Yes, even the promo DLC.

You're talking about the new system voices here, Mai and Kajun, right? Not all of them, right? Cause I'm pretty sure I read that all dlc of CP will be unlockable in the gallery.

Has anyone been able to download the ps3 version yet? It still hasn't shown up in the store for me.

You still got a few hours before JP PSN updates lol

Also, does story mode data carry over from vanilla CP? Or anything else besides DLC?

Dawn would know. Probably been staring at the PSN screen for the past few hours :v: