Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anne

[CPEX] Blazblue: Chronophantasma Extend News and Gameplay Discussion 3.0

I'd prefer Skull Girls style teams honestly.

Imagine it, my team of Litchi Mu and Rachel turning the screen into a complete freekin' mess. It'd be called "Team Occupy Screen"

Or I could go team doll with Carl Cel and Rel.

Krug, I kinda want this even though it'd mean every other team would get an inferno divider assist...

Dear god let's not add assist into this. We don't need Hazama to get free DPs. Or anyone who is top tier to get free DPs. Or Valkenhyn to get better mix-ups. Or Nu to get better screen control. At that point we might as well play Marvel and I've come from there. It's a dark place.

Also: Swordman09 is quoting me in his Sig. I feel honored.

So the patch has not been available for ps4 users yet? Is that correct?

It wasn't a patch per say it was a full 17 gig download. So now I have two Blazblue games on my Xbox One.

People wanna complain until you get Tager sledge assist or Kagura 6DC assist.

I also imagine Kagura teaming up with almost any female and most dialogue going as follows...

Kagura: "I'll treat you to dinner later"

Everyone besides Tao and Plat (oh...wait): "Please stop"

Tao: "Okay!"

ONLY as optional mode. If this tag becomes a thing, that is gonna suck for everyone who only have interest/play in one character. I am not interested in playing anyone but Bullet (In all fighters I've been a one character played kind of guy). If they are for SURE gonna do it, go with Snk vs Capcom 2 then with its ratio system. Ranga vs Jin/Nu/Noel for exp. Every time Ragna downs someone on the other team it resets his hp and heat to default levels and you commence from there or you regain some health and continue from there. 

Indeed she's pretty pictures, I never once said she was canon. That doesn't prevent her from being a viable character, however.

This is Mori we're talking about, you can't really rule anything out as long as it's somewhat plausible.

I think I remember reading that one explanation a while back about how Ragna can only become the black beast if he is either an exact clone of his dad who is also Ragna or that there were genetically identical clones with one being male and one being female that are both Ragna so that he could exist without impure genes. I actually don't even remember why this explanation even made any sense, but it feels like something that Mori would pull. Can't find the image right now but the logic was pretty difficult to follow.

I think I remember reading that one explanation a while back about how Ragna can only become the black beast if he is either an exact clone of his dad who is also Ragna or that there were genetically identical clones with one being male and one being female that are both Ragna so that he could exist without impure genes. I actually don't even remember why this explanation even made any sense, but it feels like something that Mori would pull. Can't find the image right now but the logic was pretty difficult to follow.

What.

wat...

Here, I found it on one of my older drive picture archives. It is a pretty huge image. I know there are some facts being misinterpreted somewhere because I just get lost.

pJ2JOHI.jpg

Here, I found it on one of my older drive picture archives. It is a pretty huge image. I know there are some facts being construed/misinterpreted somewhere because I just get lost.

pJ2JOHI.jpg

Can somebody say mindfuck?

Here, I found it on one of my older drive picture archives. It is a pretty huge image. I know there are some facts being construed/misinterpreted somewhere because I just get lost.

I think something broke when I read that: I can't stop laughing.

Christ man don't quote the entire image and then leave after posting. Just snip it so it doesn't take up double the space.

Also tag battles would be cool if they were added as an option, but I can feel that there will be heavy heavy balancing issues that I would not want them to try and fix by adjusting the characters to fit that mode in a way that affects their 1v1 effectiveness. That would truly ruin everything, but it all really depends on what direction they go.

Well, I certainly didn't expect to be mindfucked after coming home from work...

So Tag Battles, I'm with beanwich and Lunais: they should be just another, optional mode. Maybe on the occasional Story battle where we frequently see people traveling in groups, so it might add a bit of immersion on that front as well. But making them mandatory? I hope not. I have a hard time deciding on the one character I'd like to main, let alone 2 or 3. Skullgirls is so far the only game where I've seen the inherent Tag Team mechanic not really hinder a player using only a single character, though this was only achieved later down the line.

Tag Battles can not be mandatory if they are going to release BB4 arcade version in this year. They just dont have time to implement and test it properly. Besides, mandatory Tag Battles means goodbye for PS3 version.

Here, I found it on one of my older drive picture archives. It is a pretty huge image. I know there are some facts being misinterpreted somewhere because I just get lost.

pJ2JOHI.jpg

It broke at the beginning. It's not Ragna specifically, it's just an Azure Grimoire wielder and a Murakumo needed to create a Black Beast. Hazama and Noel would've fused to create one during the Ikaruga Civil War but she rejected him ( :() and Take-Mikazuchi fired on them anyway.

So yeah, flopped at the first hurdle really.

I think a variation on the Rival Schools tag system would be a good fit for BB. Where team members are called in for certain attacks, and can only be tagged between rounds, which is always optional.

I think a variation on the Rival Schools tag system would be a good fit for BB. Where team members are called in for certain attacks, and can only be tagged between rounds, which is always optional.

Special team tag supers too? Sounds awesome.

Special team tag supers too? Sounds awesome.

Yeah, and you know there would be tons of unique supers and voice clips for story-relevant character pairings.

Who comes UP with this stuff, seriously. Mindfuck doesn't not even begin to describe this story.

Unique intros and exits DOA style would be perfect too.

Imagine Kokonoe riding on Tager's shoulders as they enter the fray to graviton the opponent into a GETB.

You know what else would be pretty great?  Tekken style unique tag animations.  Hazama tags into Terumi by just throwing off his hat and going edgelord mode, Noel/Tsubaki transforming, etc.

Who comes UP with this stuff, seriously. Mindfuck doesn't not even begin to describe this story.

A Hack?

As far as tag team battles go, as long as it's optional I'm not too fussed either way. Also, if by toning down the "flashiness" they mean making combos not last years then I can't wait. Playing Third Strike recently made me appreciate combos that get a move on.

I for one like flashy and lengthy combos.  Brings a feeling of accomplishment to pull them off, especially if they're high in difficulty.

I for one like flashy and lengthy combos.  Brings a feeling of accomplishment to pull them off, especially if they're high in difficulty.

I wanna take your flashy and lengthy combo if you know what i mean... <3