Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

skd

[CPEX] Izayoi Combo & Theory Discussion

either input it as 66 4236 the 4 will give priority to 236 over 623. or you can do it as 2366 instead (personally find this easier).

Hey nerds, talk to me about super ball punishes. Right now the combo is pretty simple but I'm using 2 stars to get through the ball drop.  Fatal 2c d 3C 623C~D~6D, 2C(1)6C sj JBC dj JBC J236C~D||||| Fatal 3C, 5C 623C -therest

you can use normal mode 6C to go through the superball on flash, if you want. As far as normal mode combos your selection is pretty limited, but in GA you can just zip through the fireball with some combos.

on IB/IB barrier, you will use 214B, on normal block or normal barrier you use 214A.

3C 236C~6D 214A/B 5C 2C(1) delay 6C 2C(1) 3C 623B~214A 623C 5B(2B if you messed up the 623C)5C jB jC jB jC j236C~D [4348 / -2]

with 50 meter, you can do something like

3C 236C~A 2C(1) 236236C~214D 5C 2C(1) 6C 2C(1) 3C 236C~6D 2C 6C 623C 5C 6A 623B~D [5396 / -3]

What do we have for airthrow combos?  I've just been doing generic airthrow > 6C > shit in GA but I feel like I'm not really optimizing damage/stock usage this way.  And my NM airthrow combo is just casual as hell.

Hello,

Just started playing Izayoi.

I've basically come up with a combo :

GA combo :
2C (2hit) 3C 523C D 5D 214B 5A 5C 523B D 5D 236236C ~ 4506 damage.

I was wondering if it's any good?
Perhaps someone that can help me with optimizing it?

Another question I've got is :

Any good 2A starters that generate about 6 stacks for GA?

uh, try 2C 236B~214A/D 5C 2C 3C 236C~6D~214B 5B 5C jB jC jB jC j236C~D, D teleport instead of A teleport at the start makes it a little more versatile in terms of spacing, but it costs an extra star. Generally, we dont want to spend stars for unoptimized damage unless it's going to kill, or set us up in a way where we might require fewer hits to seal out a round off specific, likely hits.

Unfortunately, 2A combos are restricted to 4 star midscreen (with oki!), 6 approaching the corner, and your choice between 6 with oki or 8 in the corner

6 approaching the corner, you can do:

2A 5C 236B~214A 5C 9jB j236C 6623B

6 with oki in the corner, 2A 5C 236B~214A 5C 29 (slight delay) j236C dash 5C 623C

8 in the corner, 2A 5C 236B~214A 5C 29 (slight delay) j236C dash jAB(slight delay)C j236C 623B

midscreen 6 star conversions off normal starters, example route. i can talk more about the jump loop and character specific variants + the limit of decay on these kinds of confirms later, i have pretty big assignments due and i should get those done lol. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FERIsW18oB4

Is it possible to do a 125-meter combo off a 2C? Specifically from a corner burst bait situation. I was working on a combo that started with:
2C jc j.236C RC, crush trigger, overdrive, 2C > 236D etc, but I could not figure out a way to end this combo. Tried a bunch of routes after that, but it always either didn't build enough meter to end with a super, or else the scaling was so high that 623B~D didn't even combo.

Not really a big deal, since other potential combos from 2C are powerful enough. The above start just seemed really powerful and I couldn't figure out how to put the rest together.

ahahah, thats a rather specific starter. you can do 125 meter combos off FC 2C/6C in normal mode, for sure, but you need auto heat gain from sub 35% life. Off 2C, i'm not really sure, mainly because of no good way to combo into CT, meaning meter penalty gets negated later rather than sooner. Regardless, instead of forcing the CT in there, you'd get more damage from a double phorizer combo, so its probably best to go with that in practical terms. If you absolutely must spend 125 meter, theres one route you can run, something like

Corner FC 6C CT 2D 6A 236236C~214D 5C 2C(1) 3C 623C~D 6D delay 214B 5C 2C(1) 236D~214D 2C 623B~D 236236C~214D 236C(w)~6D for ~8.8k? I think i got a little higher than this, but i really dont remember the combo haha

ahahah, thats a rather specific starter. you can do 125 meter combos off FC 2C/6C in normal mode, for sure, but you need auto heat gain from sub 35% life. Off 2C, i'm not really sure, mainly because of no good way to combo into CT, meaning meter penalty gets negated later rather than sooner. Regardless, instead of forcing the CT in there, you'd get more damage from a double phorizer combo, so its probably best to go with that in practical terms. If you absolutely must spend 125 meter, theres one route you can run, something like

Corner FC 6C CT 2D 6A 236236C~214D 5C 2C(1) 3C 623C~D 6D delay 214B 5C 2C(1) 236D~214D 2C 623B~D 236236C~214D 236C(w)~6D for ~8.8k? I think i got a little higher than this, but i really dont remember the combo haha

Yeah, not having a counterhit available due to punishing a burst is what made it so hard for me to figure it out, and I know that 125 meter combos are possible even from a throw, so I really wanted to see if I could figure one out from a burst bait.

After giving up on the crush trigger, I had a combo that started with 2C > 3C > 236C~6D, 2C jc OD 5C > 2C >236D that seemed pretty good, but the jump cancel overdrive seemed too tight to be practical.

2C JC OD 5C is...pretty practical tbh, just grind it out! Its actually fairly easy imo :<

So how is it that players are able to connect 5C after ... > 6C > 623C in GA mode? It looks easy on videos but when I try to do it, the link feels almost impossible. I can probably get it like 1/10 times, is it character and/or height specific?

EDIT: Did some more thinking and I suppose I can try doing 6C twice. Just remembered that it's doable and it should help out with the height issue, will try out when I get the chance.

I can't really help you aside from saying "just do it", I don't think it's very difficult and 5c will always link after 6c aegis, even on standing hit, so it's not really a problem of height. 6c 6c may add too much combo time and ruin your confirm, especially if you /need/ to do 5c, so I'd refrain from getting into the habit of it. Regardless, the only time you need to do 5c after aegis is for 5c 6a combos, which don't give you a super ender (But do let you pop OD rather effectively) but problematically require your opponent to be very low for both hits. As such, even if 6c didn't extend the combo time over the limit. You'd still have a really high hitting aegis, ruining the ender for almost the only times you'd want to do 5c after aegis.

I can't really help you aside from saying "just do it", I don't think it's very difficult and 5c will always link after 6c aegis, even on standing hit, so it's not really a problem of height. 6c 6c may add too much combo time and ruin your confirm, especially if you /need/ to do 5c, so I'd refrain from getting into the habit of it. Regardless, the only time you need to do 5c after aegis is for 5c 6a combos, which don't give you a super ender (But do let you pop OD rather effectively) but problematically require your opponent to be very low for both hits. As such, even if 6c didn't extend the combo time over the limit. You'd still have a really high hitting aegis, ruining the ender for almost the only times you'd want to do 5c after aegis.

What are you proposing as an alternative to corner 2C 5C 2C 6C Aegis 5C j.BC etc. combo? Or are you saying he should just let them drop and take oki if he can't manage the full combo?

Justice is right, Aegis has to hit at the highest point that 6C launches them, I was just being bad. :v:

what are the recommended combos after GA dash jAA?

Maybe SKD can come up with better ones but here are the ones I do for now. Not sure if they're optimal though and also keep in mind that I didn't think these up with what kind of knockdown they give you in mind as well.

[0 stocks; Midscreen & Corner; 1460 damage]

j.AA > 5C > 2C > 3C > 623C

[1 stock; Midscreen; 1630 damage]

j.AA > 5C > 2C > 3C > 623C~D

[1 stock; Near Corner; 1885 damage]

j.AA > 5C > 2C > 3C > 236C~6D > (214B) > 5C > 623C

[2 stocks; Midscreen & Corner; 2149 damage]

j.AA > 5C > 2C > 3C > 236C~6D > (214B) > 5C > 6A > 623B~D

Of course it goes without saying that if they're, for some reason, standing when hit by the j.As, then omit the 2C and go straight into 3C so you won't drop the combo. That being said, I personally don't spend stocks on short starters that much, I'll try to reset into GA dash j.B/2B/throw if I'm being greedy. 

And I too would like to know a good combo for FC Astraea.

What's the best thing to do off of anti-air 623B? Right now, I do:

623B ~ D > 6D > 214B > 5A > 5C > j.BC > j.BC > j.236C ~ D

I'm not sure if there's anything better. Also, I have the following combos for ground throws in Gain Art:

Midscreen throw > 214B > 3C > 236C > 6D > 214B > 5B > 5C > 
j.BC > j.BC > j.236C ~ D

Corner throw > 214A > 5C > 2C > 3C > 236C > 6D > 2C > 623C

How are these? If someone has better throw combos, please share!