Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pulsr

[AC] May: Combo discussion thread

Can someone explain me frc vs forcebreak dolphins?

What do you mean explain? Do you want to know how to do them? What is different about them? What to use them for?

frc- you may frc slightly after you hit your opponent w/ a dolphin. at that point you can air attack, land, whatever.. and more if you jump installed.

FB- you do this (anytime) before you hit your opponent with a dolph. to do it, after the dolph command go to neutral and hit up+D (for v.dolph) or forward+D (for h.dolph). at this point may separates from the dolph. may is free to do whatever, and the dolph becomes a projectile.

The question more was about why or when to use them. So when should I go for dolphin FRC and when for dolphin FB and what's the reasoning behind it?

you will probably be using FRCs to kill people when they are really low on life and your BNB wont finish them off. Also people seem to forget she can frc it still so iad after an frc for presure is still viable.

Hi guys.. just want to give May a try^^ So some questions I couldn't figure out on myself right now.. What's the best combo to follow up a "delayed dust" (the one that hits low)? You obiously can't go into her VD loop :(.. but I haven't yet seen any traditional air combo in the matchvids I watched.. and a second question: what are good openers for her VD loop? These are the ones I know of right now: OHK (2K,) 2D, FB VD j.2H, 2D, FB VD Right now it seems to me that she does a good amount of damage on the fly but has not too many options to land her strong combos.. (but I haven't yet had the chance to watch too many matchvids) btw.: for the FB Dolphin stuff.. can you hit confirm it at some point or can you even just do it and go on with pressure if your oppoentns blocks it?

Hi guys.. just want to give May a try^^

So some questions I couldn't figure out on myself right now..

What's the best combo to follow up a "delayed dust" (the one that hits low)? You obiously can't go into her VD loop :(.. but I haven't yet seen any traditional air combo in the matchvids I watched..

??? Well, actually you can go into her VD loop from it. You have to do a Jump-installed SVD, and from there it's cake (delayed dust isn't special cancellable, but it's JCable, so you can do special moves via JI a la Slayer). The real problem is getting at a close distance with the delayed dust since most chars get too pushed back.

As for air combo followups, eh maybe:

5D[D] JC, j.H>j.D dJC, dj.H>dj.D.

Problem is that if they're too far, the first j.D will miss, so you have to be as close to your opponent as you would for the VD loop. For burst bait I guess.

and a second question:

what are good openers for her VD loop?

These are the ones I know of right now:

OHK

(2K,) 2D, FB VD

j.2H, 2D, FB VD

Every of her ground attacks leads to sweep, so just about everything leads to VD loop as long as you're close enough.

Right now it seems to me that she does a good amount of damage on the fly but has not too many options to land her strong combos.. (but I haven't yet had the chance to watch too many matchvids)

Well, it's not that she doesn't have too many options to land a combo (she's not one of the top, if not THE top char in abare tier for no reason!), it's really that she has a pretty bad time approaching.

btw.: for the FB Dolphin stuff.. can you hit confirm it at some point or can you even just do it and go on with pressure if your oppoentns blocks it?

You can do both actually. Sweep has a really big cancellable time, so hit confirm w/ sweep isn't so tough. Plus, just doing a FB dolphin as if doing a combo isn't bad either since you keep a cute rushdown going.

Ok.. I didn’t realize I could start the loop with a SVD :sweatdrop: thanks^^.. works just fine as long as I charge down as soon as I input the dust.. but I have no Idea what you mean by JI SVD. Whatever it is it seems to work without it.. or am I doing something special without even knowing it? :P Could you please explain how this kind of Jump install is supposed to work (and how I have to input it)?^^

I'm working on a combo compilation off the OHK for every character. These combos result in a knock down and do a few points less than s,hs, vert dolphin into oblivion. The (x) means s,hs, vert dolphin (x being the # of reps). Jam - (2) P VD, P VD, 2P VD. 180 *Does not requiring running Dizzy - (2) P VD, 2P VD. 192 *Requires running and Dizzy being super low to the floor ABA - (3) 154 *Requires being in deep Sol -(3) His hit box is funky, so doing a s,hs to early will make the HS whiff careful there. You have to run for this one 178 Ky - (3) P VD Try to get ky at a medium height, so basically aim for him when hes may height. Running is required 186 (also this combo is very picky, so going for (2) P VD x2 is good but does 172) Robo - (3) Run. 154 Testament - (3) P VD Same as Ky but easier to land Bridget - (2) P VD, P VD, 2P VD 182 * You might be able to do (3) and the rest of the combo, it looks very much possible. Zappa - (3) P VD 184 Anji - (3)

Ok.. I didn’t realize I could start the loop with a SVD :sweatdrop: thanks^^.. works just fine as long as I charge down as soon as I input the dust.. but I have no Idea what you mean by JI SVD. Whatever it is it seems to work without it.. or am I doing something special without even knowing it? :P

Could you please explain how this kind of Jump install is supposed to work (and how I have to input it)?^^

By JIing SVD, I mean that you press up after the hit, not before. Unintentionally, I usually went for a dust fake, started charging down, and right before or exactly when a dust fake hit, I hit up and S. In this case the dust fake hits, and nothing happens afterwards except maybe a blank jump sometimes. Then I figured out that AFTER the dust fake hit, you press up and S and the SVD comes out.

The latter works because what you are actually doing is JCing the dust fake, and then pressing S to finish the SVD command, which in turn, cancels the jump. This is what I mean by JIing the SVD. In other cases such as doing SVD off of 5H or 2D I would take for granted the cancel time for those moves or even finishing the SVD input a bit before the 5H or 2D hits because of input lenience. In the case of dust fake, that input lenience doesn't exist.

The actual input is like:

5D[2+D], AFTER HIT 8S.

So it really is about the same as special cancelling into SVD, just putting an emphasis on hitting up after the hit, not during or before since the goal is to jump cancel and then cancel the jump cancel.

@ Quickman Thank you.. @ Pulsr This list is very helpful, thanks^^ just a question: If you write: (3) P VD Does this mean I can do: [s©, 5H, SVD] x3, 5P, SVD? It’s just that in matchvids I usually only see [s©, 5H, SVD] x2, 5P, SVD against standard weights, so I wondered.. and do the loops leave your opponent grounded afterwards?

Yes and yes. I'm thinking that they do the P dolphin on the third set because it's more reliable and pretty much guaranteed to work.

I dont know if anybody has posted this, but Kedako made a pretty sweet collection of bnb and posted them on his site:

http://kedako.web.infoseek.co.jp/AC/movie/combo/combo.zip

So if you want to take a look and _SEE_ some combos, check that out.

(oh, and iMay = me during my ggemo-period. but I managed to get an alt im pretty good with)

Well yeah, another combo question^^.. What combo should I follow up with if I score a hit with 214D? If my opponent is cornered or I do the move right next to him (what usually gets me killed :P) I can go into her SVD loop, but in any other case I'm just too far away.. so should I limit my use to cornerd opponents only or is there a good midscreen combo that even hits from some range?

from a Jackhound launch it's best to run for a 5s continued into oblivion, the one exception is when it hits at the tip and they aren't going to be hit, upon which it's most effective to throw a FB-HD, ( Force break horizontal Dolphin) Than run in for 5s. you can even buffer a running FB-HD to cover that little extra distance. all though this IS pointless it just adds some style to MY may.

Howdy im new to dustloop forums and i wanted to read and contribute to this may forum and others but im not up on all the terminology. I know what a JI is but i dont know what a OHK is and some of the other terms shooting out. Btw who has worn off skin from their thumb practicing May combos over and over again? I know I have xD

OHK is overhead kiss (her comand throw) ask all that you need and we will anwser you as soon as be posible

:eng101: P, K, S, H, D - Punch, Kick, Slash, Heavy Slash, Dust S.f - Far version of Slash S.c - Close version of Slash j.P - Jumping Punch jc.P - Jump Cancel into Punch sjc.P - Super Jump Cancel into Punch > - Just some sort of logical transition in the combo, general a cancel. |> - Land on the ground , - A wait, pause, or Link in the combo (signifies that you do not directly gattling moves together) [P] - Hold down P here ]P[ - Release P here JI - Jump Install FD - Faultless Defense FDC - Faultless Defense Cancel OS - Option Select IAD - Instant Air Dash RC - Roman Cancel FRC - False Roman Cancel TK - Tiger Knee FB - Force Break may exclusive= OHK= Overhead kiss command grab 63214 K RR = Resestive Roll Dragon punch 6323 S or HS...grounded or aerial SVD= Slash vertical dolphin 2,8 S HSVD= Heavy slash vertical dolphin 2, 8 HS SHD= Slash horizontal dolphin 4, 6 S HSHD= Heavy Slash Horizontal Dolphin 4, 6 HS FBSVD= force break Slash vertical dolphin 2,8 S, 8D FBHSVD= force break heavy slash vertical dolphin 2, 8 HS, 8D FBSHD= force break Slash horizontal dolphin 4, 6 S, 6D FBHSHD= force break Heavy Slash Horizontal Dolphin 4, 6 HS, 6D B&B(BNB)= bread and butter basic combo enders WHALE= OMG it's a whale! 236236 S Lame loop...oblivion...= basic damage combo's S, HS, delay, SVD, REPEAT Jackhound= OTG launch, scales bad, very unusable 214 D [D]- dust feint LOW, doesn't special cancel but can be jump canceled, than you can Dolphin out of your crouching state- because the best follow up is always a SVD. :eng101:

dizzy/Potty- corner a 2d launch followed by a FBSHD can continue into a 6p, making new sweet combos! j.2HS(landing), 2D, FBSHD, 66, 6P, S, HS, SVD, 5P, HSVD, HS hoop set, FRC, Running 50/50 with D & [D]. Potty only- OHK, 66, 6P!, S, HS, SVD,... now try this potty only madness OHK, JS, JHS, land, DELAY, SVD, S, HS, DELAY, SVD, S, HS, Delay SVD, 2P, HSVD, FRC, Airdash, JS, JHS, Land, (#) (from here you have a couple different unconfirmed enders... yeah I will test them tonight.) 1- SVD, 5P, S, HS, HSVD. 2- 6HS, SVD 3- JHS, JD, JHS, JD 4- JK, JD, JHS, JD It seems these days I find myself doing something different than my earlier post of "Floaty Bitches- OHK, 6 HS, s dolphin, s, s dolphin, 2p, hs dolphin" Instead do this OHK, S, HS, delay, SVD, S, SVD, S, SVD, 5P, HSVD. 4 dolphins, knock down with Great damage. It is also much sweeter than a repetition of 5P, SVD'S. I remove the 6HS on floaty's because the time varies too much to be realistic.

Recently I havent done anything special. The one thing ive been working on at the moment are combos done by frcing a vertical dolphin that connects on a standing/crouching (its a lil harder) opponent. Its harder if its you first connect with a HSVD first (SVD being alot easier) to go into the VD loop. But I frc from the overhead dolphin, j.HS, land, SVDolphin, and the rest is what you want it to be. The other one I call the toe tagger you have to be 3 1/2 steps away from the opponent so about two Mays. If it works right the dolphin will hit the person in the foot, and you can frc and land fast enough to do S, HS VD loop or something else more of your style. The easiest way to try it for me is to just dash in and k, s, f.s, svdolphin. It should hit the person in the foot if not leave you in front of them for a OHK if you dont get much dash time. I havent tried it on everyone but its fun to practice. Sorry I don't have more, but you guys have everything down that I have worked on so I dont have many new things to add. Thanks for the term chart again Kyle.

Shin- I can't link the 3rd close slash off of your combo, is it works than GREAT but i feel it is too hard for a match, a Bridget, Baiken or Jam means i would have to do This combo fighting //Jais, FranktheTank, Moonless, SSgeorge, Doren, Flash, I do wanna push myself, but that is too much. ewwwwww. Can anyone else" Beat this" besides Shin? OH OH news! If you manage to get a GOLD burst at the END of a fight, I mean END last 2 hits lest you win than do me a favor and JI a Jackhoud, RC, JD, JHS, JD, RR FTW! the dust hits as a FUZZY GUARD LOL! - Do not tiger knee it, just JI a pressure string. Hsien-Jo- FTW= For the Win. ;P

Hello i need some B&B combos to potem, this wekend i wil go to play agaist some players and i need some B&B combos agaist potem LoL, thanks edit: i make VSD and frcs for make long combos but is a waste of tension and i dont make good damage. if i am in the corner i make K>8S>2D>8S>D >66, j.S>j.HS etc if i am in the midscreen i try to make Ji combos what is the best option? LoL