Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pulsr

[AC] May: Combo discussion thread

75% tension combo vs Baiken (practice distance = pushback from 2s, 2k):

S.VD, FRC~j.H, land, 6H, S.VD, FRC, land, H.VD (cross-under), land, S.VD, land, 6P, 5S8 (JI), 6H[2], H.VD, FRC, AD, delayed j.H, land, j.K, j.D, dj j.H, j.D

15-hit 318 dmg (75.7% life) for 3 FRC.

Notable Guard Balance points:

• GB+0, 318 dmg (75.7%).
  • GB+14 (blocked 5K, 5S, minus a tad), 368 dmg (87.6%).
  • GB+20 (blocked 5K, 5S, max theoretical), 383 dmg (91.2%).
  • GB+54 (blocked 5K, 5H, 66 2P, 5H, 66 5K, 5S© = +69? +60?), death combo 420 dmg (100%).

I plan on mastering this off of 5K, 5S[2], S.VD (GB+14-ish).

75% tension combo vs Baiken (practice distance = pushback from 2s, 2k):

S.VD, FRC~j.H, land, 6H, S.VD, FRC, land, H.VD (cross-under), land, S.VD, land, 6P, 5S8 (JI), 6H[2], H.VD, FRC, AD, delayed j.H, land, j.K, j.D, dj j.H, j.D

15-hit 318 dmg (75.7% life) for 3 FRC.

Notable Guard Balance points:

• GB+0, 318 dmg (75.7%).
  • GB+14 (blocked 5K, 5S, minus a tad), 368 dmg (87.6%).
  • GB+20 (blocked 5K, 5S, max theoretical), 383 dmg (91.2%).
  • GB+54 (blocked 5K, 5H, 66 2P, 5H, 66 5K, 5S© = +69? +60?), death combo 420 dmg (100%).

I plan on mastering this off of 5K, 5S[2], S.VD (GB+14-ish).

o.0 Nice combo, but the application has some flaws.

1-You can't cancel 5K, 5S, SVD. Unless you let 5S completely recover than throw out SVD.

2-Versus Baiken you shouldn't be making her guard 5HS, OR gattling 5K, 5S, she should reversal it.

o.0 Nice combo, but the application has some flaws.

1-You can't cancel 5K, 5S, SVD. Unless you let 5S completely recover than throw out SVD.

:?:... Counterpoint! (it doesn't combo on ground, but it does cancel.)

2-Versus Baiken you shouldn't be making her guard 5HS, OR gattling 5K, 5S, she shoud reversal it.

This point I'll concede -- any Baiken player simply taking the block from a 5H is either asleep or very very drunk. But I can dream :razz:

PhaethonH - Counter point accepted. 5K, 5S, SVD -- It does cancel. I was wrong. :yaaay: WOW. That Combo is "Combo Video" worthy. o.0 it raises brows. I particularly like the CHARGED 6HS.:keke:

I have a small set of other dumb cancels:

• 5P, 5S, S.VD (this is in vid at end)
  • [D], Dolphin Hoop / S.HD / Whale
  • 5H, S.VD
  • 2P, 5H, S.VD (as both 2P, 5H~8S.VD and 2P, 5H[2], S.VD)
  • 2P(JI), 5P, 6H, S.VD, FRC, AD, ... (this was actually useful in GGXXS, but now the knockdown is all funny and so only really good for "wtf?!" reactions)
  • 5P(JI), 5P, 6[H], H.VD, FRC, AD, ...
  • 5K, 5S(JI), j.H.RR, land ...
  • 5S.f, S.VD, OHK (from pulsr back in #R days)
  • (block string) 5K, 5S.c, 5S.f, S.VD, OHK
  • (corner) 6P, 5S, S.VD (land 5P, FB HD, 6P, 5S, S.VD, ...)
  • [3]K, RC~VD...
  • j.P, j.D whiff, j.P, j.D whiff. (eternal hover)

Trying to uncover more.

I would like to include your list of cancels in an Ac May Advanced Guide. Of course I will cite you for your efforts. Is that ok?

I would like to include your list of cancels in an Ac May Advanced Guide. Of course I will cite you for your efforts. Is that ok?

sure, go ahead.

I've got one for you PhaethonH, Unfortunately I can't record it because the equipment I used is now with some friends to the west. Potty-Corner - FUN It CAN start Mid screen but the RR, Delay, J.HS needs to place him into the corner. 6HS (Fully Charged), RR, FRC, Delay, J.HS, Land, 6HS, HSVD, FBHSHD, 6HS, HSVD, Jackhound, 2D, HSVD. The damage is AWESOME, especially against POT. Unfortunately the first hit is stupidly unrealistic. LOL

I've got one for you PhaethonH,

Unfortunately I can't record it because the equipment I used is now with some friends to the west.

Potty-Corner - FUN

It CAN start Mid screen but the RR, Delay, J.HS needs to place him into the corner.

6HS (Fully Charged), RR, FRC, Delay, J.HS, Land, 6HS, HSVD, FBHSHD, 6HS, HSVD, Jackhound, 2D, HSVD.

The damage is AWESOME, especially against POT. Unfortunately the first hit is stupidly unrealistic. LOL

My stick broke :cry:

Well, actually, the cord that the stick is connected to. All I need to do is locate where the wire broke, open up the insulation, and jumper/solder the break. The hard part is locating the break.

And 6H full charge on Pot? Just dizzy him :razz:. (Whaddaya mean you can't stun him ?:?:?)

Very nice combo vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTRSHWXcFMQ

NOT practical but very entertaining to watch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CQ_Vqw4AaU

I saw the combo videos you posted about a week ago when I was randomly running through youbute. For those that saw this video I need some help with her Dust Loop combo. From what I saw, May does 5d from a nice distance *like hits with either just the fist or the tip of the fist+, then homing jump HS, HS, looks like slash back, then let your self fall with your opponent then do a hardslash as your about to hit the ground, then start a V loop or what ever combo you want to do.

I got the timing for the first two HS's down into the slash back, but in the combo video, the person falls for the ground at the same rate as the opponent after using the slash back. When I do it I continue to homing jump in the air :/. And Ive been messing around with it, and I havent found out what im doing wrong as of yet.

...When I do it I continue to homing jump in the air :/. And Ive been messing around with it, and I haven't found out what I am doing wrong as of yet.

:eng101: May has 5 Pro Dust combo's, and 2 easy dust combos.:eng101:

1 Pro - FDC ID

2 Pro - IAD ID

3 Pro - SB ID

4 Pro - JC ID

5 Pro - CO ID

1 Easy - J.D, J.D

2 Easy - J.HS, J.HS

1 Pro - Impossible Dust, with a just framed J.HS. It's called her FDC ID combo. Faultless Defense Cancel Impossible Dust combo. Works on Everybody but times vary.

Application - 5D , 8, 4K+S QUICKLY, Delay, J.HS, Land, 6HS, SVD...

Points to help you land this-

1 - As soon as you leave the ground input your Faultless Defend.

2 - Input your Faultless Defend Quick and only let it last a a frame or two.

3 - Your 1st J.HS should be perfectly timed upon their ascending.

4 - Practice helps!

2 Pro - Impossible Dust, with a Just frame J.HS. It's called her IAD ID combo. Instant Air Dash Impossible Dust combo. This works on Big sprite characters like Johnny, Faust, Potty, Testy, Slayer, Anji...

Application - 5D MAX RANGE, 9, 6, J.HS, Land, Delay, 6HS, SVD...

1 - As soon as you can jump cancel 5D, input you Air Dash.

2 - Your 1st J.HS should be perfectly timed upon their ascending.

3 - Practice helps!

3 Pro - Impossible Dust with a Just frame J.HS. It's called her Slash Back Impossible Dust combo. Works on everybody. Best on Floaty bitches.

Application - 5D, [9], J.H, J.HS[/9], J.3HS+S, Delay, J.HS, Land, 6HS, SVD... By: Shadowman2099

IIRC ye olde FDC dust combos don't work too well now that j.H has more pushback.

5D[8], j.H>j.H[/8], j.3H+S(FDC, well SBC but w/e), j.H, land 6H[2]>Up dolphin FRC, AD j.H, land 6H[2]>Up dolphin.

1 - As soon as you recover from your second J.HS input your Slash Back.

2 - Do NOT Jump Cancel after the Second J.HS.

2 - Input your Slash Back Quick and only let it last a a frame or two.

3 - Your 3rd J.HS should be perfectly timed upon their descent.

4 - Practice helps!

4 Pro - Impossible Dust with a Just frame J.HS. It's called her Jump Cancel Impossible Dust combo. Works on all males, exclude Bridget.

Application - D, [9], J.HS, J.HS, [/9], 159, Delay, J.HS, Land, 6HS, SVD, S, JI, HS, Delay, SVD, 5P, HSVD.

1 - Buffer the 9 for the first two J.HS's like what is in Brackets.

2 - After the second J.HS, Input a super jump (like Anji).

3 - This super jump will help input a Neutral and the 1 will actually do nothing.

4 - your 3rd J.HS should be LATE.

5 - Practice helps!

5 Pro - Impossible Dust with two HSVD. It's called her Corner Only Impossible Dust Combo. This works on everyone, but actually describes an awesome link it sets up for either knock down or FBHSHD to continue combo.

Application - D, [9], J.HS, J.HS, [/9], 159, Delay, J.HS, Land in corner, HSVD, HSVD. Knocks down.

Application - D, [9], J.HS, J.HS, [/9], 159, Delay, J.HS, Land in corner, HSVD, HSVD, FBHSVD, 6HS, HSVD, 63214D, 2D, HSVD.

1 - Buffer the 9 for the first two J.HS's like what is in Brackets.

2 - After the second J.HS, Input a super jump (like Anji).

3 - This super jump will help input a Neutral and the 1 will actually do nothing.

4 - your 3rd J.HS should be LATE.

5 - Practice helps!

1 Easy - Normal Dust with a repetition of J.D. It's her J.D, J.D Dust combo. Works on everybody.

Application - D, J.D, J.D, J.S, J.HS, J.D, JC, J.HS, J.D, RR. By: ArcLord_KisekiU

1 - Learn the timing on J.D recovery.

2 - Practice helps!

2 Easy - Normal Dust with a repetition of J.HS. It's her J.HS, J.HS Dust combo. Works on everybody.

Application - D, J.HS, J.HS, J.S, J.HS, J.D, JC, J.HS, J.D, RR.

1 - Learn the timing on J.HS recovery.

2 - Practice helps!

I have updated the Beginners Guide with all this 5D info. Silly acronyms.

I apologize I don't have video Capture equipment at the moment, This would have been fun to record.

Hsien_Jo, I hope that answers your question. =)

This video is CRAZY, Thanks Wicked cricket/Hsien_Jo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CQ_Vqw4AaU&NR=1

What do you use to capture your video for GG XX AC

My friends from TN bring over a DV-R recorder. That's what they call it anyways. We use Programs to encrypt them, than upload them on our personal server. Honestly, I'm not very well informed about the technical aspect of it all.... you could ask my Faust friend Zinac. He's nice, just Private Message him or post in Faust Forums, he will reply. =)

...OK scratch that, I showed him your question. I believe we will see him around here soon.:keke:

I've got one for you PhaethonH,

Unfortunately I can't record it because the equipment I used is now with some friends to the west.

Potty-Corner - FUN

It CAN start Mid screen but the RR, Delay, J.HS needs to place him into the corner.

6HS (Fully Charged), RR, FRC, Delay, J.HS, Land, 6HS, HSVD, FBHSHD, 6HS, HSVD, Jackhound, 2D, HSVD.

The damage is AWESOME, especially against POT. Unfortunately the first hit is stupidly unrealistic. LOL

Stick fixed. A random fluke replicating this combo led to this other combo:

http://depositfiles.com/files/1918532 (mirror 1)

http://www.gigasize.com/get.php?d=8swnox5qkwb (mirror 2)

And because it was so short, the high-quality version is only 34MB.

http://depositfiles.com/files/1918705 (mirror 1)

http://www.divshare.com/download/2159889-bbe (mirror 2)

For those having trouble playing the Ogg Theora video codec, the combo is midscreen MA vs PO: 6H, RR, FRC, j.H, land, 6H, H.VD (cross-under), FRC, land, 6H, S.VD, land, 5P, H.HD FB, 6H, H.VD, land, Jackhound, 6[H] (full charge). Note that this (a) takes 100% tension, and (b) has five 6H in it. Damage is only 278 (66.2%), though. Stupid 5P damage buffering.

For anyone having trouble watching vids I would recommend Videolan,

It's great, get it here

http://www.videolan.org/

PhaethonH- D-AAAAAAAAAAAAAAMNNNNN

o.0

I like it :yaaay:

BTW, what Program do you use to edit your videos?

And WHO did the MAY combo's for HOH3? Was that your chemicallove team Nhur, or did they ask PhaethonH?

PhaethonH is an interesting handle, I always think of the Parthenon from ART 267. :keke:

yeah VCL Rocks!!!!

for edit videos we use Sony vegas (the same that bahamuth zero of ggbr) very easy and intuitive.

tutorial maked by bahamut---> http://chemicalove.19.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=166

i think that I am the only one that have recorded combos with may for HoH3 X.x

i hope you like it guys X.x i have trioed not be very repetitive with SVD X.x

Now i am working in make my own CV with may, i need record 10 combos more, i need make some of them with 6HS > SVD (now i only have one combo with it) X.x

i think that i will finish it in 1,5 months

Oh snap, I've got the newest installments of May vs Potty Combo.

I apologize for NOT being able to record it but I WILL when I get the equip back. =)

That's great Nhur. =)

This combo is a collaboration of "PhaethonH And Myself"

Kyle and PhaethonH, 50T_special (273)

Mid screen, May VS Pot

6HS(Fully Charged), RR, FRC, Delay, J.HS, Land, 6HS, HSVD (Cross under), 5S, SVD, 5P, HSVD, FRC, air dash, J.S, J.HS, Land, SVD, 5P, HSVD. (273)

Kyle and PhaethonH, 100T_6HSx4 special (297)

May in corner, Potty sandwiching her there.

6HS(Fully Charged), RR, FRC, Delay, J.HS, Land, 6HS, HSVD (Cross under), 5S, HSVD, FRC, Jump, Delay, J.HS, Land, 66, 6HS, HSVD, FRC, FBHSHD, 66, 6HS, HSVD. (297!)

I also started playing around with lightweight combos.:keke:

Corner 50% Tension (322)

6HS(Fully Charged), RR, FRC, J.HS, Land, HSVD, HSVD, FRC, Jump, Delay, J.HS, Land, 66, 6HS, HSVD. (322)

Corner 100% Tension (337)

6HS(Fully Charged), RR, FRC, J.HS, Land, HSVD, HSVD, FRC, Air Dash, J.HS, Land, HSVD, HSVD, 214D, HSVD, FRC, Air Dash, J.HS, Land, HSVD, (337)

PhaethonH- D-AAAAAAAAAAAAAAMNNNNN

o.0

I like it :yaaay:

BTW, what Program do you use to edit your videos?

I choose a chain of tools:

• kino: nonlinear video editor -- video-dumping, nonlinear editing, typical video/audio effects, simple title cards
  • Imagemagick: image toolbox -- more complex title cards.

• not evident in either of my May vids above, but used for the opening Producer's credit in the video of the first FFA Ranbat.
  • ffmpeg: video transcoder -- video-izing the complex title cards, playback testing
  • Blender: 3D graphics suite -- more complicated animation sequences.

• I did this for the "COUNTERPOINT"-text animation effect).
  • ffmpeg2theora: theora encoder -- generating the Ogg Theora streams/files.
  • mkvtoolnix, mmg: Matroska utilities/multiplexer and GUI frontend -- generating the Matroska format videos.
  • xine, vlc, mplayer, ffmpeg: video players -- post-transcoding playback, visual testing.

It may seem overwhelmingly complicated, but I'm a command-line buff, and most of my common effects are scripted (e.g. the closing "signature" title cards -- they've all been generated fresh each time programmatically, no re-editing of old ones). It has the pleasant side-effect that I go through a short burst of mad typing, run a script, and a directory fills with splice-friendly video clips in one pass (fire-and-forget style). Furthermore, I can erase the clips whenever and free up space, since they can be regenerated byte-for-byte identically from text-based scripts at any time.

Also, I follow along on the affairs of legislation on software copyrights and patents. It's one of the reasons I'm steering clear of flv, any non-ancient MPEG codec, wmv, and so on. Most of the video codecs are patent-encumbered. I can go on a mild rant on this, but my attitude can be summarized as "yeah, they may not care about you using it for personal use, but when you transfer those personal-use skills to a professional job, it stops being 'personal use' and things get hairy." I aim to get a head start on steering clear of the hairiness.

And WHO did the MAY combo's for HOH3? Was that your chemicallove team Nhur, or did they ask PhaethonH?

Not it. I only got recording to work about two weeks ago, when I learned how to set my camcorder to record from TV through its AV ports (and I lost my AGP vidcap card many many months ago, long before I got a PS2). It's a Sony camcorder with one IEEE 1394 ("Firewire") port through which the transfer from tape to computer is done via kino. It's a little more troublesome than just simply having a vid-cap card, but my computer wasn't built to handle the ginormous amount of data flow required of video capturing+editing (I was on a tight budget building it). Also, I get an automatic tape backup (literally :lol:) in the process.

PhaethonH is an interesting handle, I always think of the Parthenon from ART 267. :keke:

It's based on a mythological name I came across in middle school (aka Jr. High). Yes, I was really really young then. No, I don't know why it stuck in my head.

Kyle and PhaethonH, 50T_special (273)

Mid screen

6HS(Fully Charged), RR, FRC, Delay, J.HS, Land, 6HS, HSVD (Cross under), 5S, SVD, 5P, HSVD, FRC, air dash, J.S, J.HS, Land, SVD, 5P, HSVD. (273)

I'm not keen on max-charging the 6H except as OHK followup or an oki. :razz:

Corner 100% Tension (337)

6HS(Fully Charged), RR, FRC, J.HS, Land, HSVD, HSVD, FRC, Air Dash, J.HS, Land, HSVD, HSVD, 63214D, HSVD, FRC, Air Dash, J.HS, Land, HSVD, (337)

Now, this, I like :yaaay:. Except for the max-charge thing, but the more the dolphins, the merrier :grin:

Anybody interested, but generally doesn't understand the debate about 6HS. This is the difference. Fully Charged, it's much more damage, and an overhead. BUT you will NEVER land it in a fight, if by a miracle you do, it will not be at a close enough range to do a RR, FRC. So Uncharged, is much more applicable, and affective on some punishes. Thanks for the technical/in depth answers PhaethonH. :psyduck: I did my best to follow along, I'm not knowledgeable enough about computers. When you said this, "short burst of mad typing, run a script, and a directory fills with splice-friendly video clips in one pass" Does that mean you code in Linux and let them run through your Chain of tools sequentially?