Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A.X.I.S.

Tager vs Celica: Pack it up baby girl

Played this matchup from both sides now, can't say for certain on some things. One thing in this matchup is magnetism doesn't affect the doll, so if she does a normal and you pull her in the doll stays where it is and continues attacking from its position, this can be pretty bad for her so don't be afraid to throw out buttons in neutral if she's magnetized. Her projectile is easy work for sledge, make them think twice about trying to punish with the followup if they RC or something. when she's doing rekka's always block standing on the third hit, she can't do a low for her third hit on rekkas but she can do overhead. Also watch out for overhead, they can't get anything off it without meter but its 1k raw each time so avoid it. I want to say that i've done meaty 5a and blocked her reversal on wakeup but I need to test that to be sure, for now though just be aware that she can charge her reversal and its fully invuln the whole time. spark bolt beats her projectile. her normals beat yours so be careful in footsies and neutral situations. Not sure if you can sledge the doll normals, I'll test that. Matchup is pretty in tagers favor though, I'd say probably 6.5-3.5 6-4 somewhere around there.

Today I labbed out ways to punish her reversal super because I was bored, all this is assuming you were right next to her when she did the super, if you were further away you can get juicier combos for fewer resources (no magnetism needed no spark bolt needed), just do a standard FC 6C combo,

Midscreen and corner (celica in the corner) are different because she travels further if she started in the corner (probably more screen real estate to work with). If Tager is in the corner then you can just do whatever you want. Even if you don't get the backdash and just block you can 720 and she'll fall into your hands.

All punishes start with backdashing the super, the visual cue, if you need one, is when Minerva stalls slightly after pulling back.

Midscreen

(Magnetism) FC 6C>j.D>5C>6A>3C>whiff AC>5C>5D>whiff GF>5C>6A>2C>AC>GF

(No Magnetism) CH B Sledge>6C>j.2C>etc. (standard CH B Sledge combo)

Celica in corner

(No Magnetism) FC 6C>41236D>5C>6C>j.C>j.D>5C>6C>j.2C>5B>5C>5D>whiff GF>5C>6A>2C>AC>GF

EDIT: found another because I got into a sort of competition with SKD seeing who could do more damage with 25 meter, this is the meterless version, using CT gives like 300 more damage. I didn't note down the combo, but it was something like FC 6C>j.D>5C>6A>2C>CT> walk forward 5B>5C>5D>etc.

(Magnetism) FC 6C>j.D>5C>6A>3C>whiff AC>5C>6C>j.2C>5B>5C>5D>whiff GF>5C>6A>2C>AC>GF (you must do j.D after FC 6C immediately, and 5C immediately on landing)

6B can interrupt a lot of her D-rekka variations, it's very amusing. Lots of opportunities to 360A as well but she does seem to have some off-the-ground moves. Once you learn her movelist and practice the matchup a bit this matchup really isn't anything to worry about.