Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zekira Drake

[CPEX] Taokaka Gameplay Discussion

Just picked up BB Ext, pretty new to anime fighting games (only other game I've played is persona) and was looking for info as she looks like a fun character . Is she difficult to use? Is she viable competitively? Also any other tips or advice on the character or game would be appreciated

Comparing to persona, BB is more more complex game, u will face situations u couldnt ever in Persona

Tao is high tier character in BBEX, but she is difficult. She has crouching and standing(character specific) confirms. She has great mobility and in most MU no one can do counter her. She can crawl ander certain attack, avoiding hit\block stun and countering, but it kinda risky, cause shes vulnerable while doing it.
Her combos are not the most damaging, but she has great reset and crossup potential. She has low health (9500).

No specific tips or advice - just watch videos of her playing.

So is the constant fuzzy mixup with the jump loops. Is that the core component of her gameplay?

Like, if you don't use those you're better off playing another character? I want to pick tao up but not really looking forward to memorizing 3 different character specific loop routes

They only exist to keep the opponent under pressure until you can confirm into a real combo. They're nice but you can go without them. Shouldn't be that hard to memorize them

So is the constant fuzzy mixup with the jump loops. Is that the core component of her gameplay?

Like, if you don't use those you're better off playing another character? I want to pick tao up but not really looking forward to memorizing 3 different character specific loop routes

They are a core part of her gameplan, you can technically go without them, but you miss out on a lot and might as well pick somebody else if you can't be bothered. It's pretty easy to remember what works on who since there are like "families" of hitboxes in this game

Anyone have any tips for doing the microdash neutral jump fuzzy?  So far I'm just doing 668 j.A but it feels really inconsistent and I get forward jump way too much...

On that note, there are several characters where microdash forward jump works just fine (Bang, Hakumen, Tager) which makes things alot easier.  Also works on characters where you do the loops as j.A j.B(1) j.C such as Hazama, Terumi, Azrael, etc but only in the corner. 

After doing the j.2B, you can buffer the 66 pretty early then just hold 8. Other than that practice it a bunch.

Does my execution just suck, then? I can never consistently buffer the 66. I know that you have to input the 66 earlier than usual so you can go straight into 8, but ugh. In fact, this is the first time I'm ever using the d-pad for Taokaka (I'm an analog player up until CPX came out... yes I never used her 22C haha) just so I can prevent 9 from coming out

Does my execution just suck, then? I can never consistently buffer the 66. I know that you have to input the 66 earlier than usual so you can go straight into 8, but ugh. In fact, this is the first time I'm ever using the d-pad for Taokaka (I'm an analog player up until CPX came out... yes I never used her 22C haha) just so I can prevent 9 from coming out

Not gonna tell you it sucks, but 668 is reasonable with a bit of practice. It's definitely an odd thing to learn to do at first.

well, there was some delay in Tao`s 214D-jC and Kagura delayed his wake as well.
It really happened sometimes with me, with a throw attempt.

I jumped, and was holding 6B+C and ended being place-switched with opp and got him Backthrowed

Also it can be intentional because of the corner combo he did, or char specific, needs testing

Tao CF stuff I think. Someone translate.

EGO ‏@egokaka  Jul 18View translation

タオカカ 6A、5Cガード時jc可 2B硬直増 6B猫22Aカルルに確認 3C(3)の浮き高く、必キャン可に。3C猫1繋がる 立ちくらい5C6C、2C6C繋がらず 立ちくらい5CJAJC確認 ねこっとびJCがねこっとびJBの下位互換として使われそう 猫3溜めで中段 #BBCF

EGO ‏@egokaka  Jul 18View translation

タオカカその2 5Cのヒット硬直減少。補正次第で屈5C6Cや空中5CJC等が繋がりづらく 6C空chで中央壁バン ゆにぞん壁バンせず。CP1の性能? J攻撃すべてjc可 J攻撃ガトリングの変更。JCからは猫2しか出せず。J2BからJBJCが出た…はず。再確認求む #BBCF

EGO ‏@egokaka  Jul 19View translation

タオカカその3(コンボ関連) ヘキサ、メタギタdm2400くらい J2Dが強制ダウン 中央密着3C猫3繋がる。3C猫3hjJCJ2DA2B5ChjJBJCJCJ2DA2B~とかできた 空くらい猫3が少しバウンド。3C猫3アンコ繋がらず 3CねこっとびJC繋がらず #BBCF

タオカカBBCFロケテ ヒット時J2B>JBとJ2B>JCは確認。ガード時でも出るよね多分 3C>猫1>4Dと3C>猫1>ねこっとびJAは多分無理かな……4D早くなってるけど 中央3C>猫1>5Dから拾おうとしてみたけど5DBからも5D6~も厳しそうだった。端専用のパーツ?

EGO ‏@egokaka  Jul 19View translation

タオカカ追記 DE同技は無い(表示されてないだけか?)体感でも同技ついてない気が 3C猫15DBですごい運ぶ。拾えるか? #BBCF

Been playing more getting familiar with buttons, still having a hard time figuring out what i should be doing in neutral and keeping pressure on my opponent. 

How do you all deal with people jumping, safely or not? Realizing my strings aren't tight enough, or when I go for a pressure reset they have enough time to upback. Sometimes I can tag them, or keep them from actually moving anywhere, but when I do hit I'm having a hard time converting stray air hits into damage. Any advice for a struggling tao player?