Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kinkuli

[CPEX] Azrael - Gameplay Discussion v.3 (Discuss Videos/Combos/Questions/etc.)

BBCP_Header_Gameplay_Discussion.png

*Note* - When browsing the Azrael forums please follow the rules of the site, failure to do so will result in a Infraction. If you do not know the rules you can check them here -> Site Rules.

Gameplay Discussion Only Please!:
  • Remember to keep the discussion strictly gameplay related.
  • Feel free to discuss Match Videos, Combos, Mixups, Strategies, etc.
  • Please take all Story related discussion to the Chrono Phantasma Story Thread = Here!

Things To Do List (as of 5/12/2015):
  • -Update Combo Thread 
  • -Bring Video Thread up to speed
  • -Update Character overview reflect Extend changes
  • -Update Strategy guide to reflect Extend changes

Ok so most probably have noticed that i have joined the azrael mod team. I will be helping out Legendaryrath with keeping this forums up to snuff. Video, Combo, Strategy and char overview threads all need more work but i will try to update those to the best of my ability. Azrael forums have been pretty good for the most part i feel and i would like if we kept things that way! I left the MU threads as they were since i think most of the stuff there is still relevant. If people feel differently about this i can archive the old ones and create new ones. Wiki also needs updating but i don't think up to date framedata is readily available as of yet? If framedata is available please inform me and i'll try to update wiki to reflect it asap.

Anyway discuss away! 

Rentalblackout covered them pretty well in the old thread. I'll just add them here from there with minor tweaks, mostly formatting and minor additions. 

• Gustaf staggers, also you end up closer on hit/block. On RC you can't combo into 6D anymore, comboing into valiant after RC also seems hard. 
  • 6A wallbounces less. 
  • TCL now ground slides, but wallsticks in the corner.
  • 2D seems to have lower recovery, also can gatling from 5BB. Around +2 on block?
  • j. D knocks far away on air hit, with or without weakpoint, j. 2D remains the same.
  • 2C has more recovery.
  • 6B can be jump cancelled during the backspin animation, also special cancelable during the same animation. 
  • Growler is no longer full invulnerable, although it does have a faster start up. Also if you absorb a projectile you can Phalanx back immediately. During Valiant charger you can dash cancel Growler. 
  • Sentinel Dump seems to have slower start up on raw one(not sure if 22C is slower as well). In conjunction with TCL change, no more sentinel oki.
  • Scud Punishment has faster start up, it's Azrael's go-to reversal now. It blows back on hit, no longer crumples. Can link BHS afterwards.
  • Counter Assault no longer ridiculous, unsafe on block.
  • Blackhawk Stinger has lower minimum damage.
  • 6B has better proration, optimized VC combo seems to be 236D>6*5C>6*6B>6*6B>....

I think that's all of them? At least those are the most important changes if anything. 

Well also Valiant Charger changed in a way so moves don't launch anymore, at least the way they did in 1.1, most notably j.C. (I guess Cobra and CT still launch them for some dual weak point combo-ability.)

I think 6A wallbounce also changed slightly? I don't recall Azrael being able to do ..6A(air hit)>dash 2B>... It's like it wallbounces higher, but doesn't wallbounce back towards Azrael as much. Also kinds of explains why CH 3D>6A>3D or CH 3D>6A>214D doesn't work everywhere on the stage anymore.

Yes the bounce on 6A was changed, this make some combo no loger works but also gives a more stable one if you CH with it midscreen.

Also, there is no reduction in BHS minimum damage, still does 1200 and 1480 in OD.

Wait, wait, wait. It's been a little while since I've kept up on BB, but before I dropped off, I remember on the update for Az 2C had increased recovery. It was enough to basically deter players from just throwing it out. It has more now?

Wait, wait, wait. It's been a little while since I've kept up on BB, but before I dropped off, I remember on the update for Az 2C had increased recovery. It was enough to basically deter players from just throwing it out. It has more now?

It's noticeably slower now. I don't think it is too much maybe few frames but it is probably enough that you don't just want to throw it out as much as you used to. Also 6B is better as an AA now so that should be your go to AA now. 

What's the input for scud punishment? Only played this game in Japanese.

214214D

Finally got the game and I reeeeeeeeeally don't like what they did to sentinel... It's slower and clearly has less active frames, making timing in OD combos really finicky and height dependent.

It feels like 3C's proration has been nerfed but I'm not sure...

Overall the character feels stiff and off-key but I guess I'll just have to get used to him.

Off of 236D-d.6B-d.6B-d.6B-d.6B-d.6B-d.5C-214C-3C-6A-5B-B-Rekka-2C-6D

Ends with high weakpoint.

Does 5454 Damage

and gives 40 heat.

You can also after the Rekka go to 5B and BHS for 6471 damage it's net is -12 so you need at least 12 heat before you can end in the super.

https://www.youtube....h?v=Ynho_044syY

You can improve that by doing 6B x 5 and using 5C TCL instead of 5B 5BB TCL. There might still be room for more optimization but yeah. You won't most likely land valiant (or hornet for that matter) as a starter in a real match so it's not really a big deal. 

So i was testing out stuff and azrael can do few cool safe jump setups. From 2D you can do IAD jB and it should be an safe jump. Doesn't catch rolls but you can react to them and maybe chase with gustaf. 

Another safe jump setup can be done from hornet KD (example: 3C 2B TC hornet or similar routes). The setup is basically as with 2D, you IAD asap after hornets recovery and do jB as meaty. 

Also, using gustaf to end combos midscreen, more specifically everything that confirms into 2B (like 2A 2B), into gustaf is an ok option. After that you can mix people up using 5D/2D/step forward throw/2A/5A/5B/2B. 5D loses to mashing afterwards, 2D loses to mashing in some cases (still looking into this), 5A/5B should beat out mashing. 2B might beat mashing and most likely catches backdashes. You can also go for crossup shenanigans but those also lose to mash. As for reversals, you have to bait them sadly. Using 6A could work, haven't tested that out yet. Still using gustaf midscreen is probably your best bet instead of going for TCL. You sacrifice corner carry and damage (with meter you get both) but you get to keep momentum which is more important i think. 

That safe jump is pretty awesome, even works on Kagura's flash kick. Interestingly enough it doesn't safe jump Scud Punishment. Just how fast is Scud Punishment now? Doesn't work on Houtenjin/Taokaka super either so I assume it's about 7 frames start up?

EDIT: I think the recording I was using was messed up or something, probably forgot about the superflash.

I guess if we wanted to get that oki, we could modify BnB in the corner to end in 2D

...>airborne 5C>TCL(delay last rekka slightly), 2D (safe jump)

You can improve that by doing 6B x 5 and using 5C TCL instead of 5B 5BB TCL. There might still be room for more optimization but yeah. You won't most likely land valiant (or hornet for that matter) as a starter in a real match so it's not really a big deal. 

I don't know how you are supposed to do the combo with 6Bx5 but 5C to TCL makes it do 5.5K instead of 5.4K. I haven't tried yet but I assume because you do that instead of 5B-B you can do 5C into his super instead of 5B super for added damage. You could hit the 5C but they would just tech out before the super connected before. Thanks for helping me optimize my combo btw.

You can still do the valiant command dash after using 6B 5 times. You just cancel that command dash to 214C at earliest possible moment and continue the combo normally. It's a bit hard to do and using 6B x 4 5C 214C route instead is an ok, more easy variant.

You can still do the valiant command dash after using 6B 5 times. You just cancel that command dash to 214C at earliest possible moment and continue the combo normally. It's a bit hard to do and using 6B x 4 5C 214C route instead is an ok, more easy variant.

Can you post it being done? Fact is if it's possible than the timing won't be hard to get down. Seeing it would help.

It's not really that hard. You just do it. The problem with Valiant starter is that the timing gets harder depending on where from the screen you start. From any other more realistic starter you can just do it.

EDIT: It might also be char specific from valiant starter, i'm fairly sure i did manage to get it to work on jin in corner. But like said just adjust the distance to the corner to get the hang of it at first if you want to do it from valiant. 5C route is more staple and nets you marginally less dmg in this specific case.

Also, note that valiant is based on a timer, if you can't valiant dash after the 5th 6B, that means you could've done it a bit faster.

And yeah, you might not be able to do 236D>6*6B everytime, depending on the distance between you and your opponent when you hit with valiant, sometimes you have to resort to using 5C for the first one(occasionally the second one too but you could delay it a little bit and 6B should hit). Characters with fatter hurtboxes don't really have this I suppose.

Here's the combos now. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F21vEhRZR28

I found out you can do the d.6B(x5) into sentienal dump but I can only really seem to do it if the opponent is higher in the for the vialent charge. So you can easily do 6B-d.214C during his normal confirms into it but it's a bit harder to do if it's a raw 236D it seems.

3C RC is pretty cool. Before this Tahichi did 3C RC j. A as a pretty sneaky overhead.

Recently Zekuso did 3C RC Airdash j. A

Apparently if you do the RC airdash fast enough, you airdash in an upward angle(and over them depending on the distance). Depending on the distance you either cross up or don't.

If you do it slightly later, you dash in a horizontal trajectory, where j. A seems to hit, j. B doesn't apparently.

CH 3D / 6D > 6A > IAD j.AB > 5B > aircombo seems to be a thing, near corner [uW] CH 3D > 6A > IAD j.AB > 5B > sj.BC > j.D > TCL > 2C > 6D nets you 4.6k, tested on Ragna.

Hey guys, I need help with Azrael Trial 20 in challenge mode. It's the combo where you need to deal 11,000 damage. I wanna 100% his trials, but I don't know where to start to get that kind of damage. My execution is not very good, so if you have a super advanced combo, I might not be able to do it. I'm also having trouble with his challenge 16. I can't land that jumping C after the rapid cancel air 2C, but I may be able to get that with perseverance. I got the game on Tuesday and I've managed to get all of Azrael's done except those two.

Also, I have a more actual game related question. What are the setups to get into his Valiant Charger now? I played CP and the setups used to be to RC his TLC, dash and tiger knee his Valiant (this was at midscreen). That no longer works because TLC knocks down. Then, in the corner, I used to get 5B>2C>2B>TL>Valiant Charger. However, 2C now recovers too slow to land the 2B, so I dont know how to go into Valiant charger. What are the new ways people use to land that. I literally only play Azrael because Valiant Charger combos are the most hype thing in the world, so I just want ways to land it practically.

I hope this is the right thread to ask. If it's not, I apologize.