Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheLaughingJackal

Is Ramlethal the new Dizzy? Dizzy vs Ramlethal

I have mained dizzy since accent core, so of course it was a shock xrd didn't include her. I tried maining ky but however, it wasn't the same but then as i was seeing the newer characters i noticed ramlethal. I recently decided to main her in xrd, however i felt like i knew this style already. I went back to accent core and starting seeing similarities between the two. Of course ramlethal is more aggresive than dizzy by all means and dizzy having more defensive options. I feel as if ramlethal is the aggresive dizzy i've desired, of course i would prefer dizzy but ramlethal might be the new dizzy. I'm curious as to what others think about this, please share your opinons on this matter!

I'm going to laugh when all the people "whining" about their lack of mains end up getting their mains back in the next installments.

You people really need to think outside the box.  The truth is, nobody has a main, you just "think" you do, but in reality there's always someone better at any character you pick than you are.

Just have fun and pick who you like to pick.  It's just a game after all.

Farewell. Give it up. Goodbye. :BED:

It's probably true, but I mean im focused on her and only her in this game that what main means. Im not really complaining either im just asking if anyone really sees similarities between the two like I do. No need to get offensive over that, and some aren't really interested in playing other people.

I'm going to laugh when all the people "whining" about their lack of mains end up getting their mains back in the next installments.

You people really need to think outside the box.  The truth is, nobody has a main, you just "think" you do, but in reality there's always someone better at any character you pick than you are.

Just have fun and pick who you like to pick.  It's just a game after all.

Farewell. Give it up. Goodbye. :BED:

Yeah, no.  That's complete bullshit.  If you seriously think there aren't players (and a lot of them at that) that are character specialties instead of just picking whoever the hell they feel like, especially in a tournament setting...then I can't imagine you are very knowledgable about fighting games.  It's been forever since I've been to any kind of tournament but I still focus almost exclusively on Bedman because I want to overcome the problems I have with him.  

As for Ramlethal I think she has a bit of Dizzy in her but only on a basic level.  Dizzy's basic gameplan is not exclusive to her nor was she the first to do it, and I'd say Ram does it differently enough that they aren't very similar beyond the surface.  An example would be that Ram can place her swords and spawn them whenever, as well as the stance system that alters what normals she has, her weird Tekken/MK-esque string system, et cetera.  In my opinion she's a lot more...I don't want to use the word gimmicky, but she's less traditional I guess than Dizzy is.

They have only superficial similarities. Especially as you get deeper into their respective strategies, the differences are honestly much more pronounced than the similarities.

So then im not the only one who sees this, maybe its because their both have naked girls with two gears helping them out. I want to say the two are alike but at the same time they're different.

Honestly, I feel like comparing the two is like comparing Axl to Faust just because they both have long weapons and are goofballs in story.  It's there but only on the surface.

If Ramlethal was the new Dizzy, Dizzy wouldn't have been in the game in the story mode....

Ram is Ram and Dizzy is Dizzy.

Yeah I played a bit of ram, but the gameplan, the movement, the normals, even the way you set up and your proper movement when you do are all VERY different.  I mean, if you are having fun with her, play Ram! Maybe you will find she suits you more than dizzy ever did?

If you want to go really loose, she is somewhere between dizzy and buri, with a whole lot of her own flavor.

Yeah true, the reason i said it was-

1. Cassius bears a stronge resemblance to dizzy's "it started out as a light", both seeming like good anti-air projectile while at the same time creating pressure at close range.

2.Her sword are reminiscent of dizzy's fish in terms of creating openings. while both creathing good hitstun oppurtunities for ramlethal and dizzy to jump in for the offensive.

3. Her Clavados is similar to Dizzy's overdrive imperial ray and her beam(i forget the name).

4. Her swords create four different situations for her offenisive jump in's like ggx dizzy (although i would say she has around 25 different ones in accent core)

Im 100% sure dizzy will be in guilty gear xrd sign core + r or whatever strange name the next one has, but i know they're two seperate characters. I needed to know if i was crazy for seeing them as similar to one another. Of course this is still a intresting topic to bring up to see if anyone felt that way.

I mean, most of the Dizzy players I know did move to Ram for Xrd, but I don't think they explicitly made her with the intent of being Dizzy 2.0.

Yeah true, the reason i said it was-

1. Cassius bears a stronge resemblance to dizzy's "it started out as a light", both seeming like good anti-air projectile while at the same time creating pressure at close range.

2.Her sword are reminiscent of dizzy's fish in terms of creating openings. while both creathing good hitstun oppurtunities for ramlethal and dizzy to jump in for the offensive.

3. Her Clavados is similar to Dizzy's overdrive imperial ray and her beam(i forget the name).

4. Her swords create four different situations for her offenisive jump in's like ggx dizzy (although i would say she has around 25 different ones in accent core)

1) Cassius does have a similar angle, though it is a considerably more powerful tool.

2) I mean, creating openings is true for almost any projectile, especially those with a YRC.  Gunflame can great openings, stunedge, venom's balls certainly can.

3)  Her beam super is similar, but like 1) these are moves that weren't common in dizzy's movesets at high level.  So, while they are similar in animation, the fact that ram actually uses them is a big difference in itself.

4) This is the the part that is most similar.  Both can create powerful, dp safe mixups with multiple layers that reset into itself.  I would say offhand that Ram's sword mixups are actually much more complex than dizzy's fish mixups, though that might come from a decade of dizzy and a few days of training mode with ram.

Then the question remains how would dizzy adjust to the metagame in xrd would she falter in comparison to her accent core version or would the abilty to YRC greatly compliment her game? Will the game nerf her or buff her in xrd?  Hopefully she will be a welcome addition to xrd.

Lots of dizzy similarities and differences. IMO its a natural progression of design more than a replacement character if your execution can handle ram. (And I thought Rachel and all of KoF made my hands think wtf)

As for similar in gameplay no. Dizzy has a simple take on her offense that may be complicated at a glance but isn't all that complicated to employ (keep in mind I can play Dizzy decently but struggle like mad with Mu and Ram)

As a Dizzy main after shopping the character list a bit I found ram is a fun 2nd for me but I just cannot handle her. I wound up with millia as my "serious" character and Ram as my "I wish" character.

If you can handle her combos then make yourself learn the rest of the character. My biggest problems were getting micro dashes everywhere and that drove me to the brink of sanity all while not having a god grasp on the rest of her non oki game. Maddening would be a good description. That said she's got potential and is vastly different very appealing character to a diz vet IF you have the execution.

As for dizzy in Xrd. From what I've seen of Ram, Millia and Bedman I'd expect her to be pretty well suited. YRC dizzy is a scairy thought.

Then the question remains how would dizzy adjust to the metagame in xrd would she falter in comparison to her accent core version or would the abilty to YRC greatly compliment her game? Will the game nerf her or buff her in xrd?  Hopefully she will be a welcome addition to xrd.

Dizzy would be perfectly fine.  Plenty of #R chars were perfectly fine without many changes, and dizzy would be no different.  She was quite good in #R, better than sol ky axl and may (IIRC) I see no reason she wouldn't be able to handle herself in this.

YRC alone is probably going to do crazy things for her.  However the blitz change from 1.1...I could see that biting her in the ass if the player isn't careful though.

Yeah, no.  That's complete bullshit.  If you seriously think there aren't players (and a lot of them at that) that are character specialties instead of just picking whoever the hell they feel like, especially in a tournament setting...then I can't imagine you are very knowledgable about fighting games.  It's been forever since I've been to any kind of tournament but I still focus almost exclusively on Bedman because I want to overcome the problems I have with him.  

I'm not saying players don't focus on characters they "exclusively" use... that's not what I'm saying.  They do that all the time, and are usually scared out of their wits when trying a new character outside their comfort zone.

I'm saying you have the potential to use anyone.  It just takes effort and practice.

That's what I mean when I say "play who you like", because at the end of the day, the whole reason "character select" even exists is so you can pick another character.

Not only that, but the Tournament Setting that people love talking about doesn't come about as often as you think... that's what Netplay and 2 Player Versus modes are FOR.  Heck, even Training Mode is 2 Player.

Players may not "know" or have "mastered" every character, but they have the potential to learn any character they pick.  Just because your 'main' in an older game is missing from the roster doesn't mean you should make excuses about not playing the game.

Also it's 'knowledgeable' not knowledgable. :3

As far as getting adjusted to other characters goes and comparing similarities... honestly I don't see the point.  That's like comparing Ryu and Ken in Street Fighter, they have two totally different gameplans in their matchups.  You just have to learn how to use the character on their own merits.  If they have any similarities at all, Dizzy and Ramlethal have to rely on spacing, mixups, and projectiles... and that's too broad a statement to begin with.

Assuming this is #Reload Dizzy they use as a base, I can only think she wouldn't be that strong to begin with, unless they give her a new gimmick like they did Ky and the rest.  I wouldn't predict the future, otherwise.

@TheLaughingJackal: Don't think I'm singling out your thoughts or anything, I just think they're two totally different characters and should be treated as such.  I play a lot of different characters in the roster, but I don't compare similarities... Bedman is Bedman, Sol is Sol, Ky is Ky, Potemkin is Potemkin, that's how I play different characters, by accepting they ARE different, and learning their strategies and tactics on their own.  I also think players need to think outside the box and play other characters instead of hiding behind their mains all the time, it gets boring otherwise if you ask me.

lol maybe, but YRC is also meter reliant.  Don't forget everyone needs "tools" to build Tension for that YRC.

There's a lot of players that can YRC anything and do just about anything with it, but what stops them from being "the strongest" is either lack of meter, or someone else uses their meter as a counter to that YRC.

It's meta gameplay that I'd rather not wrap my head around.

You realize how scary standing Dust YRC is?  Or even Millia's Roll or Disc YRC?

Damn you took all this too far lol he simply asked if Ram was anything like Dizzy is.

IMO I think they both have similar aspects but they're still not comparable as in to say "if you played Dizzy you'll feel right at home with Ram", to me Ram feels a bit like Testament more than Dizzy but I think she's a valid choice for either Dizzy/Testament players who wanna try Xrd.

Damn you took all this too far lol he simply asked if Ram was anything like Dizzy is.

IMO I think they both have similar aspects but they're still not comparable as in to say "if you played Dizzy you'll feel right at home with Ram", to me Ram feels a bit like Testament more than Dizzy but I think she's a valid choice for either Dizzy/Testament players who wanna try Xrd.

This is true she does kinda feel like testament but idk after playing her intensely but she still feels more aggresive compared to testament and dizzy, not to mention the swords remind me of a strange net/ fish mashup between the two.

For Yrc dizzy, I say she has lots of potential in terms of use and I will look forward to playing her even if she is somehow worse than her previous counterparts.

@Blade, I think you took this to seriously, I was simply asking if anyone felt the similarities. I believe every character is different even ggx characters and ggxx characters, pretty much every installment in the gg franchise makes major changes to the characters. Ramlethal is similar to dizzy in some ways but however she is her own character, different tools and personality.

lol maybe, but YRC is also meter reliant.  Don't forget everyone needs "tools" to build Tension for that YRC.

There's a lot of players that can YRC anything and do just about anything with it, but what stops them from being "the strongest" is either lack of meter, or someone else uses their meter as a counter to that YRC.

It's meta gameplay that I'd rather not wrap my head around.

You realize how scary standing Dust YRC is?  Or even Millia's Roll or Disc YRC?

YRC is 25 tension.  You literally get tension from walking in this game.  You act like YRC is some inaccessable situational tool when it isn't.  

I can only imagine they won't let her yrc the fish, or it will disappear if you yrc too early.

IDK, they did let I-No YRC the note and CL.  I know it's not quite the same thing as the fish at all but my point stands.  I think it will be like HS stunedge where like you said you have to do it at an exact point or else it either doesn't come out or you get a late RC.