Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheYukianesa-01

[CPE] Makoto vs Jin

A friend of mine needs some help with this matchup, but I don't have much Makoto knowledge to help him.
How do you guys deal with Jin's playstyle? Specifically his pressure, gimmicks and how to get in?

I think her 3C sliding goes under Jin's ice blades but that's about it.

Pretty sure 3C gets destroyed by Ice Blades (it no longer has projectile invuln as of CP).

For his pressure, the biggest thing is that Makoto has a DP. You can call out a lot of the pressure resets he does, so something like stuff > 6C > 6B > 2A or 5C > 2D > dash 2A isn't guaranteed against Makoto (meaning the Jin has to get more creative and also bait DPs and give up pressure at times). I haven't had a lot of experience in dealing with Jin's new 6D, so I won't say anything about that. But other than that...how to handle pressure is determined on a player-to-player basis (and Jin has the ability to vary his pressure so...).

I guess the main gimmicks to watch out for are:

1.) Watch for crossups (j.B, j.2C, IAD j.D)

2.) Freeze-then-jump mixup. What I usually do is block high until Jin's feet touch the ground. Then immediately start blocking low while keeping an eye out for an IAD flash.

3.) 623D unblockable setups. Now Makoto CAN 3C Jin's D DP if he starts charging it for an unblockable.

I myself have trouble getting in on characters as Makoto, so I don't think I can be of much help there lol.