Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheLaughingJackal

In terms of difficulty who is the hardest character to use Zato-1/Eddie or I-No?

I was wondering since I played i-no as my old main in AC+R and my brother uses Zato, we had a discussion on who's really harder. While I-no has her unique aerial dash playstyle and zato has his 2v1 playstyle who is more finger breaking to play?

They're not really even in the same realm of difficulty, even moreso in Xrd than AC. I-no just has unorthodox movement options, she doesn't even have the chemical love FRC combos to deal with in Xrd. Eddie is a character that controls a puppet with the negative edge of every button, and you're negotiating both characters' movement with the stick at the same time. Eddie is also (in my opinion) more difficult in Xrd than he was in AC. Not necessarily in terms of hitting buttons, but actually playing matchups. The really technical UB setups and H drill FRC IAD stuff is gone, but the shadow moves in Xrd are not nearly as bulldog as the AC summons, and the loss of skills and H drill FRC make getting in or taking control of neutral more of a process in some matchups especially now with the BTL YRC window being restricted.

Eddie by a long shot.

Ino definitely got a ton easier. At one point you needed a degree in fighting games just to touch her, a PhD just to do a combo, and several grandchildren with PhD's just to do an advanced combo. She will not consume your life this version, but there are still a few slightly technical aspects to get used to.

I-no was harder before XRD. Now she is easier. This comes from eddie sub.

Lol, didn't know it was possible to sub eddie. On a more serious note, since we can pretty much agree eddie is much harder than I-No, who would y'all say is on a similar level of difficulty as eddie in this game? Or whose like the second most difficult character to play? Off the top I'm thinking Venom, but I probably don't know what I'm talking about.

Honestly for Xrd I feel like those three are the only ones that are truly difficult to pick up for the first time, MAYBE Ramlethal as far as the initial barrier goes, god knows how many less experienced people looked at her weird Tekken chain system and noped out of there before they could even get used to her.  

I honestly see I-no, Zato. and venom as the hardest as well, but ramlethal i love her and all but everyone makes a big deal about her dash between combinations as very difficult. It's tricky but not difficult, as for the rest the require a while just to learn them let alone play them.

Venom is certainly up there.  Not only does he have some difficulty doing some of his combos (having to confirm standing vs crouching in a lot of scenarios because there isn't a good one-size-fits-all answer), but he has a lot of strategic difficulty.  You have to learn his ball formations and what kind of traps you can create with that.  Xrd also introduced some timing differences that make it possible to hit a ball too early in some setups, and there's Bishop Runout to learn to use.  Then there's the changes with hitting balls into other balls since now you either stop the ball you launched or have it roll back to you.

He's definitely above-average in terms of both execution difficulty and strategic difficulty, but with some difficult characters gone (Johnny) and some made easier (I-No) he's probably near the top instead of just high on the list.  Ram is up there too, though I think the patch gave her some execution wiggle room while maybe increasing strategic difficulty.  I think it took me longer to get through Ram's Challenge Mode than Zato's before the patch, and I'm an I-No main that knows what it was like when she was actually hard.

I-No still has some difficult stuff in Xrd though.  Just not "jump install a 632146 based input out of a move with 12 frames of hit-stun and hit a 2-frame FRC window followed by a 4-frame dash window, then use a different linking move based on what character you're comboing and where they are on the screen at the time this works, if it actually works" difficult.

Just to do 3 hits. Ino still had to finish the combo based on proration, position, and character weight.

She was hard. Easily the hardest fg char ever.

She was hard. Easily the hardest fg char ever.

Let's not go that far when CPS3 Jojo's had characters whose regular non-optimal bnbs required you to hit 3 one frame inputs back to back and that's not including dash cancels.  I'd put her up there for sure though.

I would say execution-wise i-no is still harder than eddie - but gameplan wise eddie is still harder than i-no.   

To play i-no maximally you need to have the j.D FDCs. Those are actually pretty difficult to pull off consistently, it takes a lot of practice to work for all the situations you use them. Also, the IAD j.k combos on every character - which takes a lot of practice for the weird characters.  

Zato's combos and mixups are not very hard. What's hard is coordinating Zato and eddie in the neutral to get your knockdown/pressure/mixups started. That is significantly easier strategy-wise for I-no to do. 

But I thought ramlethal was pretty easy. Mostly cause playing her effectively is just playing a ton of matches to be really familiar with her options and how you can use the swords for oki. combo's are also pretty easy until you get into the corner combos and that just takes practice

I-nos difficulty in this version comes from combos that are all character specific (different timings on almost all characters, things like 5H will combo or will not, 2d will hit or not etc.) and from j.DFADC stuff. Everything else is not too bad at all. Recently a split airdash thing was also discovered, increasing the potential of the character. 6j.DFADC6 is the input for some jump cancel combos and stuff.

Eddies difficulty is not inputs per se. Eddies difficulty comes from his really, really hard to play neutral when combined with moving 2 things and negative edging.

Knowbody thinks Xrd may is hard to use. I think may at low lvl is easy to use but very difficult to master at high lvl. Tho 1.1 made her a lot easier to play.

Black