Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CedrikToles

NEED HELP! Constant Pressure! what to do?

I need help bad!

i'm not really new to fighting game but to games like Guilty Gear.

i have no idea how to get out of pressure from leo and ky.

i Ulitmate Marvel Vs Capcom you can usaully poke some out or super.

when try to i get counter hit. it feels like theres no hole in these pressure beside when ky does Split Ciel  or Dust

i dont want to use bust either

it tried the advance guard to where i pushes them away too

any ideas?

i use Slayer and Rammy

Well, the first step to dealing with pressure is identifying the pressure strings - where they hit, when they hit, et cetera.  Once you know that, you can start taking a look at the individual moves, and identifying what's safe and what's not.  Figuring out when Ky's going for, say, Greed Sever means that you can react to that particular move, and retaliate accordingly.  Additionally, don't forget about Dead Angle Attacks!  They cost some Tension, but it really helps when you can forcibly get someone off you.

Learning to instant block helps.  It allows you to recover from blockstun faster and you get more tension.  Ky's 6H is a good move to learn to instant block.  You can normal block the 1st hit then tap back to IB the 2nd hit.  It gives you more time to do something if you want to, though it's still risky.  

Depending on what they are doing you can also use Blitz Shield to stop a predictable or slow attack.  

Ky's pressure resets at either 6H or 6K.

6K can be thrown if done too close. It can also be jumped out from. You can also backdash or maybe even smash out from this move.

Remember to punish (and block ;D) Greed Sever and Stun Dipper. Punish to these moves is very important but you have to lab it out based on your character.

If the opponent tries jump cancel (IAD) resets, you should be ready to airthrow or antiair these.

Doing 6H in pressure can also be disrespected since the move is even slower than 6K to start.

Do not mash throw on wake up against a Ky player who knows what he is doing. 6H oki should beat it out every time.

Leo is a beast when it comes to pressure.

The most important thing to stop is 5H->6H loop first. Every time Leo goes for 6H, from most distances he can be thrown from the startup.

If Leo goes for Rekka1, Rekka2, if you instant block Rekka1, you can throw Rekka2. Rekka 2 is also -3 on block, but you have to be mindful that Leo is in stance now so he has access to his parry, which is active on frame 1. Instant block Rekka2 should give you a guaranteed punish.

Leos like to abuse Rekka1, 5p frametrap. This can be stuffed out by either a backdash, reversal, IB to a fast normal, or by a fast reaching normal. Rekka1 is -1 on block and 5p is 6 frames startup. This means a move that is ~7 frames or faster and can hit Leo will always win.

Slayer can abuse holes in pressure with well timed backdashes or sometimes even backdash cancel moves.

If Leo is in stance, you should FD his mixup. This pushes Leo out fast and he either has to go overhead or commit to a forward dash. Forward dashing gives you 17~23 frames time to react to him and is very risky to do.

If you want more detail on how Leo works in general, you should read http://www.dustloop.com/forums/index.php?/topic/9961-elphelt-vs-leo/?p=884388