Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

noct76

Guilty Gear XRD Revelator Idea's and Speculation!

I doubt they'll redo the VA, but I do hope the English version improves.

Potemkin was particularly disappointing.

Every voice in the dub is good in comparison to english Venom...

I doubt they'll redo the VA, but I do hope the English version improves.

Potemkin was particularly disappointing.

Really they need better voice direction mostly. I've heard most of these VAs in other things.

Place your bets!

Don't forget Justice. She was the focus of -sign-'s story mode when you think about it.

I'm really hoping Dizzy is added as the last character slot. 

You and the rest of us.  I just hope she won't get neutered a la Slayer upon release.

You and the rest of us.  I just hope she won't get neutered a la Slayer upon release.

Get ready for GGX Dizzy 

--------------------------------------

Anyway, i only hope they fix a few DUMB and annoying things like

-May's beach ball keeps moving during od animations

-Elph's greanade timer keeps running during od animations

-yrc/od animations eating your inputs

-if my opponent goes for 5D and i instinctively go for "Great Yamada" on reaction, then the stupid dust animation will somehow bypass the whale.

And regarding new characters... i'm sure it will be Zappa.

Get ready for GGX Dizzy 

--------------------------------------

-yrc/od animations eating your inputs

-if my opponent goes for 5D and i instinctively go for "Great Yamada" on reaction, then the stupid dust animation will somehow bypass the whale.

And regarding new characters... i'm sure it will be Zappa.

I think she'll be fine just by virtue of getting YRC lol.

Projectiles still remain active during super flashes and animations. You can see Koichi taking advantage of it here to try to kill Bedman because of Fortissimo's input freeze.

This is in past games too though (e.g. Dizzy "unblockable" fish setups with Imperial Ray).

Projectiles still remain active during super flashes and animations. You can see Koichi taking advantage of it here to try to kill Bedman because of Fortissimo's input freeze.

This is in past games too though (e.g. Dizzy "unblockable" fish setups with Imperial Ray).

That doesn't make it less dumb. Regarding the Dizzy setup, you'll never see that outside of a combo-video.

What Dizzy players have you been playing/watching?

They do it all the time and it's a pain in the ass.

I don't think its dumb since it's only there for final damage if your opponent not being aware since a good read means you just hold back more when you see a projectile first. Beside when there are true unblockable that spends less tension or no tension. And then there is bacon if she ever comes out. I hope you're not calling things cheap awe on twisted morality without looking at the entire context.

What Dizzy players have you been playing/watching?

They do it all the time and it's a pain in the ass.

Yeah sure buddy.

I don't think its dumb since it's only there for final damage if your opponent not being aware since a good read means you just hold back more when you see a projectile first. Beside when there are true unblockable that spends less tension or no tension. And then there is bacon if she ever comes out. I hope you're not calling things cheap awe on twisted morality without looking at the entire context.

You could write an essay if you want, but a projectile/timer moving during super flash/animation is still stupid. Even danger time is better than that.

And for the record, May's beach ball can still hit you before the whale, even if you were aware of it (...a totally legit mechanic).

I made an extremely rough diagram of how the CSS could have more open spots.  Take this with a grain of salt I don't actually work for Arc, I need at least 500 more hours in Photoshop before I get that job.  Image is bigger than Potemkin's hitbox so I'm only posting the URL.

http://i.imgur.com/DdAEoNY.png

I made an extremely rough diagram of how the CSS could have more open spots.  Take this with a grain of salt I don't actually work for Arc, I need at least 500 more hours in Photoshop before I get that job.  Image is bigger than Potemkin's hitbox so I'm only posting the URL.

I think the space between Slayer and Venom is too small to fit a character portrait. It looks like it could be used as a dedicated random select though.

I like this picture as it shows 6 new characters total and I like that idea.

Is it possible for those 3 slot to be Baiken, Anji, and maybe Izuna?

I'm pretty the character opposite from Faust will be Zappa.

I hope my prayers are not as worthless as the sun above clouds and one of the spaces will be filled with his face:

Raven_2.png

Seriously, I cannot be the only one who wants to fight with the "Undying Disease"...

I REALLY hope they add Raven too. I mean why delay the inevitable? Daisuke even mentioned in a recent interview that he was aware of his popularity so it's not like he doesn't know people want him,I know I would play the hell out of him if he gets in.

Why is Raven so popular?

He's made a lot of appearances in the story pre-Xrd, and he looks cool.

The question is more like who DOESN'T want Raven lol.  Even Ishiwatari seems to be aware of the requests.

Also remember that the recent interview claims that they went for a 1:1 ratio of new and old with Johnny and Jacko.  If my layout means anything at all, it means they can do a perfectly even amount with 3 new and 3 old.

Well, if Raven does get added in, I want them to keep his Overture outfit.  That shit looked cool as hell.