Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Soudabuki

GGXrd -Revelator- Jack-O Hype Thread

im now seeing from twitter that 

looks like jack-o's pumpkins go away after 3 hits regardless of attack level of the attack

more from that twitter

the pumpkins seem to have ram sword style hurtboxes where the attacker can't cancel their attacks after hitting it

Jack-O' can choose the direction she sends the opponent after 4D by inputting any direction

2K>6P>2HS>4D9>j.K works on potemkin

im now seeing from twitter that 

looks like jack-o's pumpkins go away after 3 hits regardless of attack level of the attack

more from that twitter

the pumpkins seem to have ram sword style hurtboxes where the attacker can't cancel their attacks after hitting it

Jack-O' can choose the direction she sends the opponent after 4D by inputting any direction

yeah follow me or check in for more jack-o' updates, i won't post on dustloop because tweeting it out is easier for me.

i'm on the japanese jack-o' line group chat, so that's where i'm getting my info if anybody was wondering

yeah follow me or check in for more jack-o' updates, i won't post on dustloop because tweeting it out is easier for me.

i'm on the japanese jack-o' line group chat, so that's where i'm getting my info if anybody was wondering

thanks ill just post stuff here to make stuff eaiser

OK I've been told to keep what's said in the group chat within the group chat so no updates from there.

But I'll still translate whatever tweets come by

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

That's unfortunate. Oh well. Hopefully, a lot of it still ends up on twitter

Also more stuff from Hiago

• Ghosts disappear if you get hit, but not if you're blocking
  • 3HS and 5D look similar, apparently.

I find it highly ironic that you guys are talking about Ghosts and Organs, but you hardly ever talk about GG2 Overture's RTS mechanics lol

As for the Ghosts "not killing anyone" makes sense since they ARE Ghosts...

I find it highly ironic that you guys are talking about Ghosts and Organs, but you hardly ever talk about GG2 Overture's RTS mechanics lol

As for the Ghosts "not killing anyone" makes sense since they ARE Ghosts...

At least she doesn't need to buy items from the shop, right? But it is interesting that it shows GG2's mechanics are still on Daisuke's mind.

A few things I got from one of King of Heart's posts with impressions from the loketest

Ground Minions (K Ghost)
  • Level 1 : Have wooden sticks, die in one hit
  • Level 2 : Have Spears
  • Level 3 : Have Tridents. Hit 3 times. Take 3 hits to kill (?)

Also, apparently when ganging up on an enemy, minions attack in order, not all at once and all. Sounds way too good for them to keep it in the final game but ASW have surprised me before or maybe there's a gap between the attacks that opponents can take advantage of. 

I believe those are pitchforks, not tridents. Makes more sense with the whole Halloween theme going around.

From king of heart.

How jack'O plays

I played some matches against JT which is known for his fast character learning ability.

She has to set these pumpkin bags and try to get as many Minions as possible and level them up.

for example ground Minions start with a wooden stick and can be killed with one hit.

on level 2 they carry spears and on level 3 they carry a trident and hit three times and you have to hit them "2 or 3 times not sure."

(and someone asked about this before) Minions don't die if Jack-O blocked so a Jack-O player must be really good at blocking and Minions will keep intercepting your block strings mix ups etc.

("I did miss around with her" when she end up her aerial combos with her command hit then throw them down Minions will hit the opponent before thye go to Knock down state and she can relaunch into another air combo)

I faced some moments where there were around 8 or 9 lv2 and lv3 Minions on screen and they ganged up on me and all i could do is to block because they hit in order and not at once.

couldn't play that much because i kept wining to the point JT got really angry and kicked my ass with Sin lol.

Do we know if you can play without the mask or the mask falls at some point?.

Jack-O's mask is going to function as a comeback mechanic where once she's hitting Hellfire state, the mask (which acts as a limiter) falls/breaks off and all her normals become buffed.

i think this is appropriately anime enough. Make it happen ArcSys.

Few notes I took from the gameplay vid
- Can't deny the short range of her normals but her movement speed in general actually seems pretty good and feels like it can make up for it. 
- Feels like minions auto-summon after 5 in-game seconds, up to a max of 2 of that type of minon on the field. Can't be sure about this one since bag levels might also play a factor in spawn time and minion limits
- Bags seem to take 10 in game seconds on the ground to level up. The time they're out and Jack-O is carrying or throwing it don't seem to count towards the time it takes to level up. They also seem to save their progress towards the next level if you put them away and take them out again much like they can keep their levels. 
- Bags have a hitbox when thrown
- Putting away the bag is air OK? Neat. IABD Put Away bag might become a staple tactic. 
- Base Level S Minions are proximity triggered short range AOE shocks. Doesn't seem like they'll trigger against grounded opponents, even if they're standing (Potemkin might be an exception?). Because they die in one hit and don't trigger against grounded opponents, seems easily dispatched by grounded normals with deceptively good vertical reach.
- Minions and bags get a red particle effect when they're under the effects of the organ?
- K Organ's Minion speed up feels like it doubles the minion's walking speed. At least for Base Level Minions.

Everyone in here getting hype for Jack-Ass. lol

Seriously though, the tower defense thing is kinda cool. It honestly looks kinda cheap if you ask me.

Is that piano thing her taunt? It looks cool :)

It's most likely her doing an Organ move.

To add to what RurouniLoneWolf figured out:

1.  Looks like they die on their own after a while.  I think they last around 15 seconds (applies to both types of Ghosts in that video).  (0:30 to about 0:46 when the first spear ghost dies without getting hit)

2.  After their bag levels up, the Ghosts on the field do not level up.  I guess only Ghosts that are summoned after that point get the buffs. (0:40)

3.  The Organ buff at (0:36) lasted about 8 seconds.  This looks to be about 1/2 of the cooldown going by the icon.

4.  She has really strange meter gain.  At (0:28) she gets Negative Penalty at 81 on the clock, but by 72 (Negative Penalty prorates meter gain for 10 seconds) she has a little over 20%, with her only actions really being setting 2 bags and playing the Organ.  At first I was thinking that she gets a lot of meter gain from playing the Organ, but I think she gets meter from her Ghosts advancing since at (1:10) she plays the Organ with no Ghosts out and gets no tension.  Looking back at 0:28 they're mostly close to Leo when she's playing the Organ the second time, but after they knock him down they have to advance a little bit again and she gets more meter.  It's probably a bug that she gets meter from advancing Ghosts when she has Negative Penalty, or she'd have kinda crazy good runaway game.  Like, the kind of runaway game where it stops feeling like GG because you avoid all conflict.

5.  It looks like her D moves don't prorate meter gain.  She hits with that DP looking move (2:09) and gets back a decent amount of meter on hit.

6.  It doesn't look like her Bags can take hits for her  (1:45) (I'm assuming it's the same with Ghosts).  It also looks like you can hit multiple Bags+Ghosts with the same attack (0:56).

7.  At (0:36) she plays for the blue icon buff, but at (1:08) she plays for the same buff and goes into a normal.  It seems like she's canceling the Organ into the normal, but she goes into the recovery animation before the change and the icon still flashes like she got the buff.  I would think it's because she doesn't have any Ghosts out, but she plays the Organ again immediately after and it does the full animation for the green buff.

Questions for later

1.  She can detonate her Ghosts and Bags right?  Any idea what the hitboxes are like?  The damage?  Do you detonate all things on the field at the same time?

2.  If you try to pull out a Bag you already have on the field, what happens?  Nothing?  Whiff animation?  Summon a new bag and the old one disappears?

3.  Can you grab and place/throw her Ghosts?

Other notes

Some stuff from RurouniLoneWolf's first informational post seems off to me.  The icons above her tension gauge seem tied to her Organ use, not to her Ghosts or Bags.  If you review my notes and think I'm correct, do you mind updating your post?