Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Soudabuki

GGXrd -Revelator- Jack-O Hype Thread

Taken from Hiago's tweets:

Jack-O' Gatling Table

P→P、K、c.S、f.S、HS、2P、2K、2S、2HS

K→c.S、f.S、HS、6HS、2S、2HS、3HS

c.S→f.S、HS、6P、6K、6HS、2S、2HS、3HS

f.S→HS、6HS、2S、2HS

HS→×

6P→c.S、f.S、HS、6HS、2S、2HS、3HS

6K→×

6HS→×

2P→P、K、c.S、f.S、6P、2P、2K、2S、2HS、3HS

2K→P、K、c.S、f.S、HS、6P、6HS、2P、2S、2HS、3HS

2S→HS、6HS、2HS、3HS

2HS→×

3HS→×

JP→JP、JK、JS、JHS

JK→JP、JK、JS、JHS

JS→JP、JHS

JHS→×

Sources:

https://twitter.com/HiagoXYZ/status/607598665390260224

https://twitter.com/HiagoXYZ/status/607598825235193856

https://twitter.com/HiagoXYZ/status/607599055175335936

https://twitter.com/HiagoXYZ/status/607599404267274240

Other notes

Some stuff from RurouniLoneWolf's first informational post seems off to me.  The icons above her tension gauge seem tied to her Organ use, not to her Ghosts or Bags.  If you review my notes and think I'm correct, do you mind updating your post?

It isn't an informational post. Just a round up of the info I found on Hiago's twitter up to that point. 

I can't see the video, it says is private. What is shown there?

It was a short 2-3 min video clip featuring some Jack-O' stuff, but the uploader took it down because he received a complaint from someone who caught him filming at the loketest before (not an ASW staff member though, thank god). Someone here might have downloaded the video or the uploader may upload it again at a later date or something, I dunno.

Any vids of her overdrives?

Gatlings seem short on paper...

she can extend combos by throwing/hitting people into the ghosts so don't base it all on gatlings

i believe 236D also is a combo extender

i tweeted this about 2 days ago https://www.evernote.com/shard/s296/sh/e3280409-f22b-4f9a-ad11-eeb6f710aab3/6d57d3c2083321b6ebeedc7049fb3ab3

i don't know if the information has made it to this thread yet but here it is either way

She's pretty, that's for sure.  Especially like her eyes.  Shame she hides them behind the mask.

Dat booty though, DAYUM!

Her playstyle concept is cool, but I can imagine it being incredibly difficult to pull off effectively.  Probably be too much fora newb like me.  Interested in trying her out, regardless

Hyped for Overture. Hyped for ass.

According to the interview with Ishiwatari by 4gamer, she's supposed to be easy to play, and I find that incredibly hard to believe considering she's based off of a game which is a 2D-Beat-Em-Up and RTS lovechild.

Blade's Translation:

4Gamer: It’s a character that combines simple operation with RTS specific depth.
Ishiwatari: [That is the concept.  Managing growing ghosts, who go to cut enemies and create opportunities… that’s the ideal battle style of Jack-O’.]

I read this as they intend for her to have easy execution, but difficult strategy.  She'll probably be similar to Zappa and Dizzy in terms of difficulty (minus Ice Spike FRC or controlling the dog).

I don't think this is going to be like BBCP where they said they intended Izayoi for beginners but gave her a 1-frame link (3-frame because BB buffer) and multiple DPs inputs in her BnB.  This is team Red.

Though I do worry that she might have a major problem in her first version since her core concept is really complex.  Like, she could wind up like pre-patch Ram where running away and deploying swords was a dominant strategy, which could then lead to the rest of her kit not being explored well enough.  We might have players that have gotten really good with other fighting game concepts and know how to dig up tech, but this is such a different ballgame that people might miss obvious things.  That or she might wind up being really weak once people figure out how to deal with her.  Order Sol was unplayable when he was first introduced wasn't he?  You can get a lot of basics down during the initial phase with loketests, but it's going to take a few months of play testing before they can tweak numbers to where they really make sense.  Really subtle things could wind up being the difference between a 6:4 and 4:6 matchup with a character like this.

Though I do worry that she might have a major problem in her first version since her core concept is really complex.  Like, she could wind up like pre-patch Ram where running away and deploying swords was a dominant strategy, which could then lead to the rest of her kit not being explored well enough.

I have a similar feeling. I feel like her ghost summon and Organ based game will be very, very strong, but her normals and D specials will appear somewhat lackluster, and it will later get ironed out to weaken the gimmick and improve the fundamentals. That's how it went with Ramlethal, who was a similarly eerie (albeit not as complicated) concept.

Or they'll just pull an Elphelt on us, overpowering her in both aspects from the start. Haha... please no.

I have a similar feeling. I feel like her ghost summon and Organ based game will be very, very strong, but her normals and D specials will appear somewhat lackluster, and it will later get ironed out to weaken the gimmick and improve the fundamentals. That's how it went with Ramlethal, who was a similarly eerie (albeit not as complicated) concept.

Or they'll just pull an Elphelt on us, overpowering her in both aspects from the start. Haha... please no.

Seriously. If she ends up being OP because of poor balance, I'm gonna feel like how Millia mirrors sound. "THIS IS WHAT I DO TO PEOPLE?! Oh no.. I am a monster..." this character's mechanics actually sound cool to me even if she does seem to be strongly directed toward bing a zoning character (which I typically dont enjoy).

Blade's Translation:

4Gamer: It’s a character that combines simple operation with RTS specific depth.

Ishiwatari: [That is the concept.  Managing growing ghosts, who go to cut enemies and create opportunities… that’s the ideal battle style of Jack-O’.]

I read this as they intend for her to have easy execution, but difficult strategy.  She'll probably be similar to Zappa and Dizzy in terms of difficulty (minus Ice Spike FRC or controlling the dog).

I don't think this is going to be like BBCP where they said they intended Izayoi for beginners but gave her a 1-frame link (3-frame because BB buffer) and multiple DPs inputs in her BnB.  This is team Red.

Though I do worry that she might have a major problem in her first version since her core concept is really complex.  Like, she could wind up like pre-patch Ram where running away and deploying swords was a dominant strategy, which could then lead to the rest of her kit not being explored well enough.  We might have players that have gotten really good with other fighting game concepts and know how to dig up tech, but this is such a different ballgame that people might miss obvious things.  That or she might wind up being really weak once people figure out how to deal with her.  Order Sol was unplayable when he was first introduced wasn't he?  You can get a lot of basics down during the initial phase with loketests, but it's going to take a few months of play testing before they can tweak numbers to where they really make sense.  Really subtle things could wind up being the difference between a 6:4 and 4:6 matchup with a character like this.

Order Sol wasn't that bad in Slash tbh. Work a little bit extra hard but can still take on his disadvantage matchup like Pot.

At least she doesn't need to buy items from the shop, right? But it is interesting that it shows GG2's mechanics are still on Daisuke's mind.

Does this mean we'll be getting a spin-off someday?

If ArcSys is smart, they'll take advantage of Jack-O as marketing for an enhanced PC version of Overture sometime down the line.

So, I remember reading somewhere that you can pick up and throw Ghosts, not just the Bags they come from.  I really hope you can pick up a Ghost and hit the other player upside the face with it, kinda like when you pick up your buddy in Zelda: 4 Swords Adventure and use him to bonk an enemy on the head.

New loketest 2 stuff

Bag/Pumpkins' health and level are now shown on the side of the screen. Bags that are not deployed but are Level 2 or higher will be displayed on the side of the screen with their bag grayed out.  

Horizontal Dust Combo
Dengeki Jack-O video

Some stuff I noticed from the video:

Thinks its universal that
Level 1 Minion - 1 hit to kill
Level 2 Minion - 2 hits to kill
Level 3 Minion - 3 hits to kill

P Minion
Level 1 - Has a dagger. Once within range, it will charge forward and slash the opponent with the dagger
Level 2 - Gets a silver sword. Once within range, it will charge forward and slash the opponent with its sword

K Minion
Seems like it'll attack anything that gets in its way. It attacked the enemy Jack-O's pumpkins and minions. Maybe it'll also do the same for other stuff like that like little Eddie
Level 2 - Stabs at the opponent twice
Level 3 - Stabs at the opponent three times as previously mentioned

S Minion
Level 2 - Has a staff with a crystal ball at the end. When opponents are in the air, it'll fire a green projectile ball at the opponent and where it hits will let out a small AOE blast.
Level 3 - Has a staff with a star at the end. Also fires a green projectile. Might be differences we can't see in the vid. Maybe it'll home in on the opponent or travel faster?

Wonder how high her damage potential with combos really is. I don't think we've seen much outside of basic combos, but it'd be pretty hilarious if she turns out to actually shit out 1.0 Ram levels of damage. Probably unlikely though since, from the recent videos, it seems like she's more focused on controlling the screen/keeping the opponent at bay with minions while she does something else like Organ specials or something.

Think I may have missed it, but was it ever confirmed that if you have lv 2 bags across the field and then make them explode, do new bags start out at lv 2 as well, or do they revert to lv 1?