Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shinjin

Xrd option select, special move or faultless defence!

Yeah, I just wanted to relate it based off information we have on this type of OS in other games. At the moment it doesn't look like it has any of the cons of the SF4 OS, which is why I think it'll end up being useful. What's really funny is this allows you to input a fuzzy DP OS without the risk of the DP coming out. So during pressure, just mash 6231 with FD and if they block trying to bait something you just FD, if they hit something you just DP it. They can just throw you I guess since that shouldn't trigger the OS. but then you can just mash them so whoop/

A fun thing abou tthis we discovered today, is that moves have the proc block box existing during their start up frames. So in theory, you can kara a move into FD to bait this OS out.  I tested this and it totally works! The problem is though, that proc block hitbox only exists for a few frames and you need those frame to overlap with their OS input, which is incredibly difficult and probably not practical. It is an interaction that does exist though.

Edit: So, here's the real silly part of all this. When you input this OS, you're going to get one of two outcomes. FD, or the move, right? Well, if you can assume one of those options will occur, in the case of FD happening, you can layer another input on top of the FD. This way you can  actually OS between the special move, FD, or another input in the event of FD, adding another layer to it. You can ever go so far as to add YRC OS into one of those spots if you have between 25-49 tension, which lets you YRC through these neutral situations in a pretty safe way.

Has anyone sent an E-mail to Aksys with this info so they can translate it and forward it to ArcSys for us?  It's too late for them to patch before Evo.  I forgot that it's the end of June already - it would take several weeks for the patch to be certified, so there just isn't enough time when you factor that they have to fix it, and would want to test it since it's a system wide mechanic change.  It's probably only going to take a few lines of code to fix, but it's still high risk because it's a game-wide change to input priority, so they'd need to spend some time on it to make sure it doesn't break something somewhere else.

Still, I'd rather see this fixed ASAP.  Does anyone fluent in Nihon want to write to ArcSys directly to save time and effort?

Has anyone sent an E-mail to Aksys with this info so they can translate it and forward it to ArcSys for us?  It's too late for them to patch before Evo.  I forgot that it's the end of June already - it would take several weeks for the patch to be certified, so there just isn't enough time when you factor that they have to fix it, and would want to test it since it's a system wide mechanic change.  It's probably only going to take a few lines of code to fix, but it's still high risk because it's a game-wide change to input priority, so they'd need to spend some time on it to make sure it doesn't break something somewhere else.

Still, I'd rather see this fixed ASAP.  Does anyone fluent in Nihon want to write to ArcSys directly to save time and effort?

I wouldn't be surprised if they know already, this has been tweeted to them and the Japanese players are discussing it on twitter as well. Pachi also does follow a few JP players (notably, Nage and Ogawa, and I can guarantee the latter is talking about it on twitter) so he may know if it soon if not already through their discussions and posts...

While I don't think that this is something Arc will be able to take out before Evo, I sure hope they remove it from Revelator. I don't mind option selects, but this is taking it a little too far. Some moves get just outright broken with this, and it's not even that hard to perform.

This would also explain why I sometimes get specials when I decide to FD upon seeing my opponent press buttons - I would often input a command for a move and then just back out and decide to FD by going to 1 or 4 and pressing two buttons... hooray for throwing out moves like an idiot then.

It's interesting to note that this does not seem to work in the air. I tried jumping in with Millia doing j.214S+H, to see if she gets FD in case the opponent does nothing or pin if the opponent tries to AA. It will trigger FD 100% of the time, for both ground to air and for air to air. I also couldn't get it to work with I-No j.214S+H or Sol j.6231S+H, so I assume this is universal.

I can also not get it to work during a dash, it's always FD. Can anyone confirm this?

It's interesting to note that this does not seem to work in the air. I tried jumping in with Millia doing j.214S+H, to see if she gets FD in case the opponent does nothing or pin if the opponent tries to AA. It will trigger FD 100% of the time, for both ground to air and for air to air. I also couldn't get it to work with I-No j.214S+H or Sol j.6231S+H, so I assume this is universal.

I can also not get it to work during a dash, it's always FD. Can anyone confirm this?

Did you test TK Fortissimo? I will do so tonight, just want to see if being in the air has affected it, since TK'd moves could be layered with Fuzzy Jump.

Japan is still going to win Evo even with this Proximity OS FD whatever is used by US players. Kappa

Yes, because people just had to share it with them.

Japan is still going to win Evo even with this Proximity OS FD whatever is used by US players. Kappa

um a japanese player discovered it

Did you test TK Fortissimo? I will do so tonight, just want to see if being in the air has affected it, since TK'd moves could be layered with Fuzzy Jump.

Just did, same thing. Super never comes out, it's always FD.

Leo's post Siegesparade mixups seem like they would get hurt a lot by this OS against anyone with a DP. All attacks will trigger the OS and his counter does not. Basically Leo will have to either delay his attacks or hope they screw up the OS.

Leo's post Siegesparade mixups seem like they would get hurt a lot by this OS against anyone with a DP. All attacks will trigger the OS and his counter does not. Basically Leo will have to either delay his attacks or hope they screw up the OS.

Leos midscreen sonic boom yrc oki is dead

His old 236h oki is also shittier

It's bad

Leos midscreen sonic boom yrc oki is dead

His old 236h oki is also shittier

It's bad

Errr, could you explain the first? I see how it gets worse but dead? Not sure.

Errr, could you explain the first? I see how it gets worse but dead? Not sure.

You have to meaty 5[H] to go into stance and keep them in place long enough for the sonic boom to reach them, it loses straight up dps, but he can bait dps, I don't think he can really bait the os. Unless he does a longer microdash before the sonic boom then yrcs so the sonic boom triggers the os, but it's obvious how far he is, and he doesn't really get mixup off that close of a sonic boom because it hits meaty.

Though he may be able to bait it by doing 5p whiff to trigger the dp instead of 5H maybe I actually didn't think of that before, not sure if he can maintain the right distance and keep it ambiguous, need to test.

Oh or actually maybe 5H~P. Hmm

DISREGARD

I think 236H oki is actually worse off cause he legitimately has no way to bait the os without meter as far as I can think of. I was thinking maybe crossup and ch them osing or counter, but you can build in the fd / mash crossup os into the proximity dp os

You can bait the os by cancelling normals into fd, but leo can't fd in stance

(Leo can just sit there then do a delayed mixup I guess but that hurts his oki super bad and its not like they cant just os again)

Oh yeah 236HS oki I could figure out is terrible with this because of how proximity OS behaves with counter.

Sonic Boom is significantly worse but DEAD maybe an overstatement.

That said, have fun continuing to do it on me!

Edit: So, here's the real silly part of all this. When you input this OS, you're going to get one of two outcomes. FD, or the move, right? Well, if you can assume one of those options will occur, in the case of FD happening, you can layer another input on top of the FD. This way you can  actually OS between the special move, FD, or another input in the event of FD, adding another layer to it. You can ever go so far as to add YRC OS into one of those spots if you have between 25-49 tension, which lets you YRC through these neutral situations in a pretty safe way.

Well you can't YRC command grabs anymore, but https://youtu.be/Hd87LnC9K7g would be an example of this. The input ends up being 63214+P+H,6P, which should have effectively the same execution time as doing a Pot buster normally. You get to OS between getting FD if they mash early, Mega Fist if they mashed a bit late (First frame off the ground, going over lower hitbox moves like jabs) and finally Pot Buster if the sat there and did nothing. Seems super practical to me!

Only problem is it's a backwards Mega Fist. :x

If you have a DP you can do instead though, you can do it like this https://youtu.be/u2odxVXg8Dc

The motion for the DP proximity OS is much harder, and since you have to time it so that it triggers right as they mash, it seems a lot more difficult.

Another thing I've noticed that some people who haven't tried the OS yet may not know is that you cannot use the proximity OS if you are not standing still. You cannot be running, jumping or in recovery. This makes sense, since in order for the proximity block to trigger, you have to be able to block. This doesn't fully explain why you can't use it while you're jumping, but we can assume that this glitch is exclusive to ground blocking.

This means in order to use proximity OS after running, you must FD stop first. In order to use proximity OS during pressure, you must recover from whatever move you were doing first.

So practical places to input the OS are: On wake up, after a tick (Like Potemkin's c.S, Sol's 2P, or even Leo's 2D as shown earlier), when you are standing still, after blocking a move with significant hitstop.

Oh yeah 236HS oki I could figure out is terrible with this because of how proximity OS behaves with counter.

Sonic Boom is significantly worse but DEAD maybe an overstatement.

That said, have fun continuing to do it on me!

Well I mean if the baits work then it's not dead. I didn't think of the two possible ways to bait when I made the post :v

I'm secretly hoping the game is patched before I get back lol

come on guys, we are getting so paranoid, we need develop the os for us characters, use it and only after it shows broken or overpower we can allows us a patch.
i test and potemkin can use the os to FDB vs fast fireballs, maybe that change some of his horrible match ups.  

Another thing I've noticed that some people who haven't tried the OS yet may not know is that you cannot use the proximity OS if you are not standing still. You cannot be running, jumping or in recovery. This makes sense, since in order for the proximity block to trigger, you have to be able to block. This doesn't fully explain why you can't use it while you're jumping, but we can assume that this glitch is exclusive to ground blocking.

Question, since I don't own Xrd to test it:

You can FD brake run, so does the OS work by doing run->motion+tap FD twice?

The first FD would break you out of the run, then releasing would possibly allow you to go into proxy guard or not, then the 2nd tap would still be a valid input for the motion but would give you the OS.

Maybe...?

If this does work you could expedite it by holding down the button that isn't for the special move, so if you want the special with S you could do FD with [K]S, S.

Question, since I don't own Xrd to test it:

You can FD brake run, so does the OS work by doing run->motion+tap FD twice?

The first FD would break you out of the run, then releasing would possibly allow you to go into proxy guard or not, then the 2nd tap would still be a valid input for the motion but would give you the OS.

Maybe...?

If this does work you could expedite it by holding down the button that isn't for the special move, so if you want the special with S you could do FD with [K]S, S.

Oh hey, thanks for the tip! I'll try it out. sasuga game dev ;)