Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pyrex HD

XRD Training Lobby

Getting a training lobby together to help new players /beginners get practice as well as you guys who are really good. I ran something like this for 360 version of Persona for DL but I upgraded to a PS4 and would like to do the same for XRD. BTW I'm on PS4 and on the East Coast of the US, my connection is wired and over 100 Mbps down.

If your interested in these training/meet up lobbies please leave your ID and what time and days your available to participate.

I came to this forum for to set up exactly what you're talking about lol. I was a part of something like this when SSF4 came out, and the experience was great. Made some friends, had fun, and we all showed a lot of improvement over the months.

I was going to make the official time Tuesday at 9, possible repeat for Thursday, knowing that pick-up games are going to happen the rest of the time often as well. lol

Headset strongly recommended, but jump in anyway if you don't have one yet.

Beginner to intermediate players: all should be prepared to teach and learn with each other.

Given the state of gaming today, know that you may be on stream or video at any moment, so be okay with that.

That's the gist of what my topic was going to say, with the caveat of being close to NYC/Long Island (my area) for the strongest connections, but we can see how it works with a wider net first.

Of course, all timings subject to negotiation, so all interested people speak up if the timing doesn't work for you.

Basically, I'm in: PSN ID: ChfMojoRising

It's super fun, and helpful to play with a group like this, so don't be too shy, people. ^_^

I'll add you in a bit to my friends list, so far its just me and you right now. I picked up BBCP Extend on release (US) as well.

Cool. Anyone can add me on Twitter too, @DNWalton. One of the best, quick communication tools.

Also just noticed my PSN and Twitter handle is under my profile pic lol.

In time more people will see this topic and join too. Or we'll post in other forums/sites too.

I'll open a lobby by 9p today, and post the name/location here and on Twitter. Have a guy from Brazil, and a coworker interested in popping on.

The more, the merrier of course!

#GGXrd training room location: 02 North America 1 District 2B (MidAtlantic) # 12. Room name the same as my PSN ID: ChfMojoRising.

I'm new to the game. Haven't played since GGXX AC and always loved playing Millia. Would love to improve and play on a regular basis.

East Coast

ATL, GA

PSN ID:

Noirform

Pyrex: It's cool. I'll be setting it up again Tuesday, and am fishing around for people in other places too, so I expect next week to be a good "trial run".

Noirform: Excellent. Feel free to add me on PSN, and Twitter if you have one.

I'm new to the game. Haven't played since GGXX AC and always loved playing Millia. Would love to improve and play on a regular basis.

East Coast

ATL, GA

PSN ID:

Noirform

Will add you on PSN.

Pyrex: It's cool. I'll be setting it up again Tuesday, and am fishing around for people in other places too, so I expect next week to be a good "trial run".

Noirform: Excellent. Feel free to add me on PSN, and Twitter if you have one.

Sounds good. I guess I'll leave this lobby to you, while I look for people for BBCP EX as well.

Actually, Pyrex, it'd be good if someone besides myself could set up lobbies on Tuesday too. Had a long work day yesterday in which I didn't leave until almost 9:30p. That could've happened Tuesday, and it'd be difficult for me to get the word out. Might get worse going into the autumn and winter, but I'm sure things will work out by then.

Actually, Pyrex, it'd be good if someone besides myself could set up lobbies on Tuesday too. Had a long work day yesterday in which I didn't leave until almost 9:30p. That could've happened Tuesday, and it'd be difficult for me to get the word out. Might get worse going into the autumn and winter, but I'm sure things will work out by then.

No problem. Have whoever you got add me on PSN. Also Tuesday you can have. I'll host on Friday, Saturday or Sunday.

Posting this Sol stuff for one of the guys I play with.

Here's Sol's combo thread on the site. I looked through these and picked out the following combos as they won't be too difficult and they'll give you some strong tools to start with. A low and an overhead. With that, I'll need to guess if I need to stand block or crouch block. Guess wrong, and you're doing damage to me.

Try getting down one over head and one low here. I copied two of each only so if one feels awkward to you, you can try the other.

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/index.php/topic/8267-xrd-sol-badguy-combo-thread-updated-02212015/

Low:

2K > c.S > 2D > Bandit Revolver or HS Volcanic Viper -> Tataki Otoshi

[73/?%] (Bandit Revolver)

[82/?%] (HS Volcanic Viper -> Tataki Otoshi)

Notes: Bandit Revolver and HS Volcanic Viper do not connect at maximum range.

2K > c.S > 2D > Grand Viper (no mash) (on Ramlethal) [75/?%]

Notes: Grand Viper combos without OTGing on May and Ramlethal only. Only works on May at close ranges.

Overhead:

5D > Homing Jump > j.D > j.D > j.S (JC) > j.S > j.HS > Aerial HS Volcanic Viper -> Tataki Otoshi [117/?%]

5D > Homing Jump > j.D > j.D > j.K > j.S > j.D (JC) > j.K > j.S > j.D > Aerial Volcanic Viper -> Tataki Otoshi [126/29%]

Also read through the pinned threads here to learn about fighting games beginner stuff. If there's any terminology you don't understand, this may provide plenty of answers: http://www.dustloop.com/forums/index.php/forum/95-beginner-mode/

Pushing this Tuesday to 10pm as I doubt I'll make it in time for 9. If someone else wants to start the lobby earlier, that'd be great, otherwise I have it covered by 10.

02 North America 1 > District 2B (Mid-Atlantic)#12 > Xrdcise. That's tonight's room location. I just put it up. Learn and play!

02 North America 1 > District 2B (Mid-Atlantic)#12 > Xrdcise. That's tonight's room location. I just put it up. Learn and play!

Great matches tonight. I learned a lot, and saw I had some reactions that need to change. Funny how there'll be certain situations that you don't adapt to, but keep getting blown up the same way lol. I'll be looking up better ways to handle Sol corner pressure and fafnir, in preparation for next week, for sure! lol

Think I'm going to always make the room in the same place, and call it Xrdcise. Why Xrdcise? Because I laugh too hard at my own corny puns sometimes.

At Pyrex's suggestion, anyone who has added me on PSN, I'll send a PSN message to just before I create the lobby as a reminder.

Great matches tonight. I learned a lot, and saw I had some reactions that need to change. Funny how there'll be certain situations that you don't adapt to, but keep getting blown up the same way lol. I'll be looking up better ways to handle Sol corner pressure and fafnir, in preparation for next week, for sure! lol

Think I'm going to always make the room in the same place, and call it Xrdcise. Why Xrdcise? Because I laugh too hard at my own corny puns sometimes.

At Pyrex's suggestion, anyone who has added me on PSN, I'll send a PSN message to just before I create the lobby as a reminder.

Lobby tomorrow correct? I got some peeps from the Blazblue lobby to invite.

Yep, that sounds great. 9 like usual.

You missed out, we had a full lobby of GGXRD last night to get warmed up for tonight.

Hopefully I'll be in tonight. Gonna try to finally get ram's combos down.

Ill message you tonight as soon as the lobby goes up