Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Monokeros

[XRD] Guilty Gear Xrd Tournament: Sponsored by Afreecatv

On July 11th 2015 12:30PDT I will be hosting/running an online Guilty Gear Xrd Tournament that will be streamed on afreeca.tv
This tournament is open to players of all skill level.

Register for the tournament by using challonge which you can access from this link http://challonge.com/afreecaXrd061115

About the tournament:
This tournament is sponsored by the people of Afreecatv and has an additional prize pool of $250
The winnings will be distributed between the Top 3 of this tournament.  
This tournament will be streamed on my channel afreeca.tv/monokeros

Rules:
  • Matches are 2 out of 5, Winners/Losers and Grand Finals will be 3/5
  • Register for the tournament using your PSN ID so that your opponent can find you easily.
  • You are required to check in to the tournament 30mn before it begins.
  • After checking in find your opponent in stream chat 10mn of a no show will result in a DQ, counting as a loss.
  • The winner of the match is responsible for reporting the results.
  • There is no character lock for this tournament.
  • You may only change your character mid-match if you have just lost a game in the set,(ie: you were 0-0 and now 0-1).
  • This tournament is for US entrants only to avoid further issues with latency.

For any additional questions reply in this thread or tweet me @monoker0s.

Too bad there's no "Free Cat" as a prize. Hah.

You should be posting this in the Event Announcements section.

I think you can still post it under Majors and Regionals (since it is an endorsed regional technically).

Talk to a moderator just to be sure though.

I don't see this in the other forums as asked to be moved so I will ask here.

I won't be home till 4:30pm that day, do you plan on starting this 3:30pm sharp? (I'm going off of EST)

How will latency be resolved? Just worried about east coast players like me playing west coast and getting 10F latency... Will people be booted if they have crap internet? (they should be)

I don't see this in the other forums as asked to be moved so I will ask here.

I won't be home till 4:30pm that day, do you plan on starting this 3:30pm sharp? (I'm going off of EST)

You have to check in at 3PM EST and before 3:30PM EST at the latest.

How will latency be resolved? Just worried about east coast players like me playing west coast and getting 10F latency... Will people be booted if they have crap internet? (they should be)

It comes with the territory of it being an online tournament, I'm currently taking a leaf out of theBretts online tournaments and adopting his policy which is this:

"4) If neither player can connect to each other after all possible options are explored, the match will be resolved with RPS."

In the case of disconnects, match is entirely restarted."