Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Poultrygeist

[CF] Relius changes, loketest news, other stuff

Other characters are getting their CF threads up so why not us.

So right now all we really know is that we have some kind of Ignis grab.  Whether it's a true grab/unblockable or what the move's actual function is, we don't currently know.  We should find out within a week however.

If it is a command grab, however, that would be a pretty damn strong addition. I'm only an ok Relius at best, but having an option like that would help him a lot, maybe too much. He's always been good, but having that would bump him up to really good. That is, of course, assuming the rest of him is more or less intact. I can imagine it taking a good amount of Ignis meter, or maybe it not being able to follow up without meter, anyway. Regardless it, it's a nice tool that helps round out his moveset more, so I'm excited to see what else they've changed. 

I'm just trying to wrap my head around how to abuse such a thing. 

If it is a command grab proper, could it not be paired with a 5B used a frame later to catch evasive jump start-up? How could we apply it fullscreen? does it work in mid air?

We know that if is a command grab, it's not one of those sissy ones that whiff on low block as Carl was crouching in the trailer. but what is unknown is if the Carl was blocking, or if we can combo after the initial 1.2K damage. Relius is very clearly able to move whilst the move is active, so it's really a matter of if it'll let you hit before it techs them or not and what kind of starter it gets.

What is also unknown is what input this command grab will use. The only free inputs Rel has are 623X 421X and 22D really. Unless it's one of those something's prolly been replaced.

I theorize that it'll be usable as a unblock as Relius can act independently in its duration.

They have to jump to evade grab, if they jump you can hit their jump start-up. Easy unblockable.

(Polt, Necro, you should totally join the Skype chat when you get the chance.)

Known loketest 1 changes

Relius:
- Command throw added.
- Zein does not wall-bounce, but brings the opponent back in front of you.
- Lugia's start-up is longer?
- Exceed is lame.
- Active Flow is not activated with pressure.
- Mom gauge is bigger now.

Known loketest 1 changes

Relius:

- Command throw added.

- Zein does not wall-bounce, but brings the opponent back in front of you.

- Lugia's start-up is longer?

- Exceed is lame.

- Active Flow is not activated with pressure.

- Mom gauge is bigger now.

Well that's just fair, it would be TOO easy for us if it was lol.

Overall I'm liking the changes so far, in addition to 5/2/6C being faster (if that's confirmed.) Sucks that exceed is apparently lame, but bigger gauge with faster normals sounds great so far. I don't feel like Zein not wall sticking will change too much, if anything it just sounds like it'll work better mid-screen. Lugia's slower start-up could potentially be better, too, if that means opponents higher up can be caught. Might have to adjust some timings, but I could see that being better for Relius on some applications. Unless, of course, that also means comboing off 6C isn't a thing anymore, but I can't imagine that. We don't know, of course, but it all seems promising.

Relius:

The knockback on Id Zain (236C->214C) feels like it brings the opponent closer back to him, so it's easy to use in his midscreen combos.
His new move Geara Caus(?) is a command grab for Ignis. While the opponent is grabbed Relius can continue to attack.
The activation time of Gira Nose when Ignis is unsummoned has been sped up.

Taken from main thread.

I'm gettin interested again, mostly because HEY. NEW RELIUS. Though, I really want to slap every person in arcsys who thinks that puppet characters (close enough) need a command grab.

Btw, what skype chat? HOW DID YOU KNOW I WAS STALKING RELIUS FORUMS?

Relius:

The knockback on Id Zain (236C->214C) feels like it brings the opponent closer back to him, so it's easy to use in his midscreen combos.
His new move Geara Caus(?) is a command grab for Ignis. While the opponent is grabbed Relius can continue to attack.
The activation time of Gira Nose when Ignis is unsummoned has been sped up.

I'm gettin interested again, mostly because HEY. NEW RELIUS. Though, I really want to slap every person in arcsys who thinks that puppet characters (close enough) need a command grab.

Btw, what skype chat? HOW DID YOU KNOW I WAS STALKING RELIUS FORUMS?

I've been looking at the little thinger at the bottom of the screen that displays the names of people looking at a thread, and occasionally you pop up lol.

Yeah Wakky, Dusty, SWD, Nemi, and I started a Relius chat on skype because we're cool like that. It dies or goes off topic every now and then, other times it's a nice place rife with discussion. It's 16 members strong and growing right now, including fan favorites like 916ZKing, Meeso, and Lich. I still want you two for that chat though, it's just not the same without y'all =)

Also yeah command grab is super hype. I'd slap the person who made this decision if I weren't playing rel lol.

Personally I think puppet characters with command grabs are anti-hype, cuz so far pressure just looks like "slap slap slap grab". Ignis' grab looks slow enough to make it seem respectable and not stupid, but eh. Honestly I'm more interested in zein yoyo combos, which gives us full combos from a good ignis-less confirm, something previously only available in the corner or off certain CH's.

Well if Zato is any indication it's not like we'll be just throwing it out willy nilly anyway.  Maybe it would work to let our opponents forget we have it and use it sparingly?  Any Zato players wanna comment?

I'm really interested in the unblockable situation we can create with that grab on oki. if we make 5B hit a frame after the command grab it will peg jump start-up and you'll get the full combo lol

Unless they reduce the attack level for 5B like they did for j.5B before in which case people could probably stuff that with a jump normal.  Don't think they won't do it!   :(

Relius:
- Cannot charge Lugia. It's not even a low now. 6C > Lugia does not connect.
- The doll gauge depletes completely after 6 2Ds. 8 6Ds leave a miniscule amount of it. Hitting the enemy 9 times is possible if you decide to cross the line between leaving or breaking the doll.
- After mom recovers normally, the regeneration resumes after about 4 seconds.
- OD Cars is not any different from the normal one? In OD, 5B 5C Lauger Haas 5B 5C 4D 6A Tedo deals about 3400.
- Exceed doesn't seem to be punishable.
- 6C into Leis connects on the ground.
- 2C 6C Nose connects on airborne opponents.
- 10 4Ds and/or j.2Ds leave very little of the gauge.
- Though the Lauger ender in the recovery combo went blue because I wasn't used to the new recovery frames, it seems that ending it with the aerial Naiads may recover the gauge completely.
- CT > Cars connects! Though it seems impossible to incorporate in a combo.
- Because you have to hit the floating opponent with both hits while adjusting the height, it's very difficult to chain 5B in a combo. I couldn't do it no matter how long I tried. Like this, for example: 5B 3C 6D 2C 6C Leis 5B 5C Air combo. 

Snagged from New's only thread. Thanks to SOWL!

Some good bad confusing and ominous changes here. If Ignis recovery really takes 4 seconds to begin things could get hairy (although when they talk about a recovery combo healing her completely that makes me think it takes 4 seconds after a desummon to get her back to full, not for her to start regen.) It seems like they're trying to buff Relius and make Ignis more valuable a commodity, something I'm in full support of (Now only if they could change 214A and 214B back to 1.1 versions we'd be in business)

We'll prolly have 5B>5C(2)>6C>41236B>5A/2A/5B>5C>2C>sj>j.B>j.C>j.236C~j.214B as a solo combo now if the Zain change doesn't eclipse the need for it.

Things I'm confused about is lugia not charging or being low, it wasn't ether before so why mention it? also the 5B thing at the end. It prolly means our basic Bnb got more difficult?

Command grab being a combo tool as well iis awesome! they must have sped unsummon Nose up dramatically for it to combo from 6C O_o

We definitely got more Ignis guage, or 6D got cheaper. 6D takes 13% ignis, and 8 uses is 104% of her bar. the fact that she also lives after 10 4Ds or j.xDs makes me belive she just got 5~10% more bar. she still dies after 6 2D's so she definitely does not have 120% or above her meter now. that's what we can say for sure. I'm going to have to redo Ignis values with the new data, ugh. (13/100=X/105 and such. Gonna miss whole numbers.)

And believe me CT Casu, if useful, can and will be in my combos.

There are also rumors that our 6C and 4D lost SMP. If so lol.

Also SMP no longer seems to affect combo time, just damage, a fact which could be REALLY useful in desummon combos.

Nose being fast enough to combo into sounds great for mixup, but more importantly, style. It'd be hilarious if someonw managed to come up with Nose loops in an FC combo. Command grab mid combos seems like a great way to seal a burst if you've got 100 meter or 50 and an OD (provided OD gear still restands). Command grab>OD>gear>unblockable OD combo sounds possible

RISE FROM YOUR GRAVE.

Have some Tweets from Lich at the closed location test

I'm unsure of what exactly he means by new routes.  Is 5B->6D loop gone?  Corner combos changed?  It's a bit vague, but it's worth discussing.  If Ley is no longer burst safe it makes me wonder if they did anything else to it.  Command throw being comboable makes me wonder if there's not at the very least some kind of funky reset you can do with it.

All in all, please remember one thing as you read Lich's tweets.  He's not speaking on his opinion of Relius being good or bad, simply saying he doesn't enjoy this version of him.  It sounds like there's more changes than just new combo routes and such, maybe they retooled him in a big way?  It certainly seems they did this to a handful of chars in CF, just look at Rachel losing her pumpkin.

Looking forward to hearing more from Lich, hopefully he'll give Relius another shot sometime because I'd like to hear him elaborate on the changes he found undesirable.   

Allegedly 2C lost hitstun to the point where 2C delay 6C gatling doesn't work. 41236B was also allegedly nerfed and is - on block with a smaller hitbox.

We might be boned.

If altering combo routes and deleting old ones was all it take to kill a character then Hazama wouldn't have been sititng pretty in the high tiers since his debut.

That's a fair point. There's no use in catastrophizing, we'll just deal with it once it comes to pass right? Thanks man.

So the old Id Zein route no longer works.  Probably due to 2C decreased hitstun?  I'm sure when Lich returns from Japan he might feel like elaborating more, hopefully.  We'll see.

My understanding of what that tweet was talking about was that midscreen Zein didn't convert into 5B>2C>6C or 2C>6C. Nothing about corner.