THE SERAPHIC 1

The Good, the Bad, and Ugly as Hell Baiken Matchups

against pot, footsies and zone him to death. imo, its an even matchup because u can stick out 2HS randomly and its relatively safe because pot doesn't have much that beats it out. chains and iad back tat mats also keep pot away.5s(f) is also pretty good. for me, its mostly a don't let pot get in on you kinda dealy. in this matchup, I like to treat 2HS as the same as chun li's b.fierce in 3s

Matchup against Ky prolly isn't in baiken's favor, but I don't think she loses to him by a long shot. it might be a bad matchup due to ky's range, but remem,ber.. its ky. even against baiken he isn't killing you outright for anything, meanwhile... 1 dustloop is a good chunk of ky's life.

In all of baiken's bad matchups, I really do think its just playing passive aggressive like no other. counters against i-no are a bad thing. for that match, just don't let her get the flow otherwise its GGPO. counters are not safe at all. run under random CL's. don't block the note from more than half screen away. etc etc etc if u do, run counter it if u see that i-no's dedicated to getting in on it.

against pot, footsies and zone him to death. imo, its an even matchup because u can stick out 2HS randomly and its relatively safe because pot doesn't have much that beats it out. chains and iad back tat mats also keep pot away.5s(f) is also pretty good. for me, its mostly a don't let pot get in on you kinda dealy. in this matchup, I like to treat 2HS as the same as chun li's b.fierce in 3s

Matchup against Ky prolly isn't in baiken's favor, but I don't think she loses to him by a long shot. it might be a bad matchup due to ky's range, but remem,ber.. its ky. even against baiken he isn't killing you outright for anything, meanwhile... 1 dustloop is a good chunk of ky's life.

In all of baiken's bad matchups, I really do think its just playing passive aggressive like no other. counters against i-no are a bad thing. for that match, just don't let her get the flow otherwise its GGPO. counters are not safe at all. run under random CL's. don't block the note from more than half screen away. etc etc etc if u do, run counter it if u see that i-no's dedicated to getting in on it.

hmm...you take the "safe" route against pot. Id much rather get in his face and do j.hs-T.mat on his ass till he goes for 6p or 2h in which ill just dj an hit em with another j.hs collect my damage, reatreat, rinse and repeat. Pot best tools in this match is j.hs which beats out all of baiken jumpin attacks except maybe yozansen. The good thing about this move for baiken is if he miss times the j.hs and you hit em with a T.mat its combo vid time(some of you may know what im talkin bout if you seen my vids with Lil Majin...well the good ones). If 6p and 2h hits cleanly your dead, but its not easy for him hit either one if you play it smart. You cant be scared of pot can do to you in this match you just gotta lay it on him and dont let up. If you play at your best you can perfect pot everytime. honestly ive never used 2hs against pot unless im showin off with a pot only combo that includes 2hs.

*SDV*

hmm...you take the "safe" route against pot. Id much rather get in his face and do j.hs-T.mat on his ass till he goes for 6p or 2h in which ill just dj an hit em with another j.hs collect my damage, reatreat, rinse and repeat. Pot best tools in this match is j.hs which beats out all of baiken jumpin attacks except maybe yozansen. The good thing about this move for baiken is if he miss times the j.hs and you hit em with a T.mat its combo vid time(some of you may know what im talkin bout if you seen my vids with Lil Majin...well the good ones). If 6p and 2h hits cleanly your dead, but its not easy for him hit either one if you play it smart. You cant be scared of pot can do to you in this match you just gotta lay it on him and dont let up. If you play at your best you can perfect pot everytime. honestly ive never used 2hs against pot unless im showin off with a pot only combo that includes 2hs.

*SDV*

i so much agree, the j.HS tatami does really work very well vs potemkin! the tatami after the j.HS is usually not that easy to execute. the j.HS must first hit the top most part of the enemy for the tatami to appear. but for potemkin, its not really a prob bcause of his size. be careful though coz if the tatami failed to appear - you're dead.

i so much agree, the j.HS tatami does really work very well vs potemkin! the tatami after the j.HS is usually not that easy to execute. the j.HS must first hit the top most part of the enemy for the tatami to appear. but for potemkin, its not really a prob bcause of his size. be careful though coz if the tatami failed to appear - you're dead.

he can IB the tatami mat then proceed to pot buster you as u suffer from landing recovery after teh j.tat mat.

a good pot learns to IB very fast. why be reckless against pot when he can turn any mistake into a buster, esp as baiken.

he can IB the tatami mat then proceed to pot buster you as u suffer from landing recovery after teh j.tat mat.

a good pot learns to IB very fast. why be reckless against pot when he can turn any mistake into a buster, esp as baiken.

btw, whats 'IB'? since i still dont know what IB is, i'll say this anyways - isn't it that the time that baiken recovers from j.tatami is also the time that pot is being hit and hit-recovering from the tatami which is why it is easy to follow-up with another j.HS-j.tatami?

btw, whats 'IB'? since i still dont know what IB is, i'll say this anyways - isn't it that the time that baiken recovers from j.tatami is also the time that pot is being hit and hit-recovering from the tatami which is why it is easy to follow-up with another j.HS-j.tatami?

IB = Instant Block

IB = Instant Block

The window is very tight for pot to land a successful pot buster. Id say 8/10 times he will miss it. then again in one of our last sessions outta of about 20 matches i only got PB twice and i believe it was because i came in a lil too high on my j.hs. You dont have hit pot right on top of his head like most characters. I wanna say you can hit em in the middle of his glove and still get the tatami-ill test it out when i get home and let yall know.

Lil tidbit bout Axl vs. Baiken

6k clashes with 2hs if 6k comes out first.standin T.Mat can hit a missed place j.s and axl's 2.s will either beat out j.hs or trade. A good Axl can keep you in a positon that if you do get a solid hit on him you cant get a max dmg dust loop unless there's is a loop i dont know about...

*SDV*

The window is very tight for pot to land a successful pot buster. Id say 8/10 times he will miss it. then again in one of our last sessions outta of about 20 matches i only got PB twice and i believe it was because i came in a lil too high on my j.hs. You dont have hit pot right on top of his head like most characters. I wanna say you can hit em in the middle of his glove and still get the tatami-ill test it out when i get home and let yall know.

Lil tidbit bout Axl vs. Baiken

6k clashes with 2hs if 6k comes out first.standin T.Mat can hit a missed place j.s and axl's 2.s will either beat out j.hs or trade. A good Axl can keep you in a positon that if you do get a solid hit on him you cant get a max dmg dust loop unless there's is a loop i dont know about...

*SDV*

I don't know the level of skill that you and your friends play at... the ppl down here in socal will do that shit to u consitantly and not miss it 8/10 times as u claim. rushing down pot with baiken is dangerous - one predicted move leads into an IB or a backdash into pot buster, and even if he messes up, its pot and he'll live through it.

against pot, its just best to zone and watch out for random hammerfall cancels and that one move where he falls down.

I don't know the level of skill that you and your friends play at... the ppl down here in socal will do that shit to u consitantly and not miss it 8/10 times as u claim. rushing down pot with baiken is dangerous - one predicted move leads into an IB or a backdash into pot buster, and even if he messes up, its pot and he'll live through it.

against pot, its just best to zone and watch out for random hammerfall cancels and that one move where he falls down.

The last thing anyone should do is doubt the skill level of my friends cause we as whole are as good as any other group out there. I personally think lettin pot get in on you is to dangerous. Id much rather take full control of the match and trust my skills to not mess up. Pot isnt immortal....

*SDV*

The last thing anyone should do is doubt the skill level of my friends cause we as whole are as good as any other group out there. I personally think lettin pot get in on you is to dangerous. Id much rather take full control of the match and trust my skills to not mess up. Pot isnt immortal....

*SDV*

except for the fact that when you zone well, its easier to take control of the match that way. zoning and footsies against pot is prob. the best way to control that match - its the same way with sol. Zoning is all about not letting the other person get in so im not sure what your point was when u said that lettin pot in on you is dangerous. I agree; therefore zone him.

When u rush him down, its a very quick change from getting in and being having pot be in. if u mess up the rush down and whiff something to a backdash, or if he IB's something, or if u miss the frc/RC on something he'll pot buster you and its a knockdown for you while pot's right on top.

except for the fact that when you zone well, its easier to take control of the match that way. zoning and footsies against pot is prob. the best way to control that match - its the same way with sol. Zoning is all about not letting the other person get in so im not sure what your point was when u said that lettin pot in on you is dangerous. I agree; therefore zone him.

When u rush him down, its a very quick change from getting in and being having pot be in. if u mess up the rush down and whiff something to a backdash, or if he IB's something, or if u miss the frc/RC on something he'll pot buster you and its a knockdown for you while pot's right on top.

Ken-I potemkin would give rushdown Baiken trouble just like lil Majin pot does...

I think passive agressive is the right play...but I am not a baiken player and instead use Pot in this matchup. I think Baiken has the freedom to be agressive in the match but being careless would get you owned...

-KDX-

Ken-I potemkin would give rushdown Baiken trouble just like lil Majin pot does...

I think passive agressive is the right play...but I am not a baiken player and instead use Pot in this matchup. I think Baiken has the freedom to be agressive in the match but being careless would get you owned...

-KDX-

When u rush him down, its a very quick change from getting in and being having pot be in.

^ t3h truth. I'm sure Baiken players notice the reverse of this in a lot of matchups: sometimes you don't have to worry about getting in on the opponent, because if they fuck up when rushing you down, one good guard cancel and _you're_ rushing _them_ down.

In my experience, j.h xx j.236k is dangerous. I don't know if it's because I suck at doing it, or because the Pots I play against are better at IB-buster. All I know is that whenever I try this, I will eat a pot buster almost every time. Both j.h and j.236k are slow, easily punishable moves.

I don't know how many frames of blockstun j.236k is worth, but air tatami has 12f of recovery after landing, so you're in bad shape after the tatami either way.