Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Skye

[CF] Arakune loketest info and discussion thread.

Yep. Be sure you guys don't go off the rails, you guys are smart so I trust you.

Nah sorry, I only know about the curse exclusivity because it has the same text before it as the slowdown cloud does (which is now 236d), and the teleport stuff was a loose translation by someone else

It's okay man, curse only super sounds cool, hopefully it's something worthwhile :)

Can only say that the slow cloud input change could be considered a nerf, since it means you will end up throwing a D bug all the time now. Oh well, it's not like it was something you'd spam anyways.

I don't think it matters too much, the D button isn't really required in curse until you confirm into d bug so it can just be held in until then, it will just require getting used to. What i find curious is the teleport stuff automatically activating into a new move if up close, this could restrict how we use the teleports as left right mixup during curse.

Maybe curse will get a massive overall again.

Big changes now, not sure how to feel about the change to teleport, hopefully we keep old c one in some way or another, or at least something similar.

Thank Argent Zero

Arakune updates (Notes from post 390 and onwards, this post will reflect mostly post 404's information)

Guard Crush Bug still there.

Arakune's cloud doesn't go away, will cling on to opponent till Arakune's hit or curse gauge is mazed out, all three clouds still available (can spit out clouds from the ground now)

JA>JB no longer connects

2D now spits towards opponent (homes in on them?)

Bugs do not use curse gauge meters, its back to time (about 9 secs?)

B Bug hit doesn't make opponent float?

Permutation (spiders) hit differently, falls down slower? When hit, opponent floats.

New move, P Reject, is blockable

JD untechable time reduced, after JD Arakune can move (jump cancelable)

Dive nerfed, slower?

Warp Changes (BPQ, CPQ, and aerial CPQ)

BPQ = after taking 4, 6 steps forward, then warps back.

CPQ = warps after doing 6D motion

Aerial CPQ = warps after doing B Dive motion

New Move = P Reject

Will hit in air as well, around 900. Think of it as like Platinum's counter (the one where she shakes her butt)

After hit, spider will bring opponent up and toss them down.

Able to pursue with JA, 6JA. Dive pursue seems impossible?

New DD, summons new bug (looks like a anomalocaris).

As long as curse is active, will scurry pretty fast around from left to right (3, 4 times?)

If Arakune follows the bug, he has the potential to carry the opponent to the corner real easy like.

May interfere with combos.

Exceed Accel = turns into a rafflesia and hurls the opponent up. Can't seem to pursue.

Dive Nerf a mystery

5C>JA>JC>Dive doesn't connect

5C>JA>JA>JC>Dive connects

Probably won't be able to connect at a very high altitude, but for the dive to connect, you might need to be a little above the opponent.

JD Follow Ups in depth

Another JD, jump cancel (j.c), bird, Dive all are confirmed options to pursuit.

J6D>j.c>J3D seems possible. JD>Bird>j.c>JA>JA>JC seems plausible (hopeful?)

J6D>6D no longer connects due to J6D reduced untechable time.

Nobody has said how the damage is looking like? Smp is supposedly removed from normal moves and it only reduces damage from repeated specials instead of hitstun now.

Wonder if they changed 6c rekka in any way.

Argent posted new info, some stuff sound super interesting, but bugs count as specials now and do have SMP.

https://twitter.com/giketomato/status/623455860199550976

Translating a more detailed notes for Arakune @ BBCF loketest (unfortunately, the fear I've posted earlier about Bugs now getting SMP might be true)

This is probably the most up-to-date changes so far, some information may be repeated here

Major Change:

SMP now effects damage and have no effect on combo duration. Normals do not have SMP, however specials do. Bugs have been modified as "Special" thus are now affected by SMP (Damn it)

New Moves:

P Reject

A move that will auto-active if the opponent is near Arakune during the pre-warp motion.

Once hit, the opponent will be hoisted up and drops down, Arakune will be able to move afterwards so great possibilities in ending curse with this or combos in general.

However, startup is relatively slow + you'd have to be sticking right next to the opponent for it to activate, so adding this into a combo may be a challenge.

For now, 5C>APQ>P Reject and 3C>BPQ>P Reject has been confirmed.

JB>5A>5B>5D>3C>BPQ>P Reject does not work, may be M Startup

F=

A new DD that can be only activated during Curse. Once active, a bug that looks like it came from Nausica: The Hidden Valley of the Wind will run around across the stage. It'll start from where the OD Icon is and will go down forward from there.

A multi-hit move, will cause opponent to spiral and then fall, knockback upon block is huge and will push the opponent right into the corner.

Once the curse gauge is gone, the bug will disappear.

When active, the curse gauge will go from red to purple, indicating that the curse will last longer than usual.

No other plus effects are known, best be used as a curse time extender.

Old moves

Curse System

Like in CS, the curse system is time based lasting around 9-10 seconds. D based curse gain is still 25% like in BBCPEX.

A, D bug remain the same.

B Bug: will now appear from the ground, startup is slower. Once it leaves the ground, it will gain its usual speed.

5B Bug will appear in front of Arakune  (Around where jD appears) going towards the enemy at a 45 degree angle.

Upon hit on ground, the opponent will be knocked back strongly, no down, same when guarded. Aerial hit remains the same.

On the ground, B Bug>D Bug will not connect if mashed out together, so you'll have to imput D Bug beforehand.

C Bug: Faster startup (?) same guard crush properties. Upon confirm, 5A or 5B will connect (be fast about it though). Even if you Guard crush, however, the combo damage is quite small. Guard crush>D bug Full combo = little under 5000.

F Inverse

Damage increased from 2000 to 2500. SMP rate unconfirmed

Zero Vector

Now able to execute on ground. Motion wise, same as spewing a slow cloud. Once the cloud makes contact, it will begin charging the curse gauge (for reference, if the opponent is at 0 curse, it will take 3-4 secs for the cloud to fully charge the gauge). The duration of the cloud staying on the field is long. Unconfirmed, but once a curse combo is complete and you do Zero Vector, it may not count in curse gauge retrieval.

a±b

Command is now 236D

PQ

BPQ = walks forward then warps back

CPQ = Does a 6D Motion, warps where the party bug appears, can immediately move afterwards.

Aerial CPQ = Does a B Dive motion, warps forward, a little further forward from where the party bug appears.

All PQ will activate P Reject if Arakune gets close to the opponent during the pre-warp motion.

CPQ has a very early invincibility frame, so this may be your best counter (activate P Reject as a pseudo DP or just run away)

Dive

Now has overhead properties.

2D

Can now do 1D, 2D, 3D to adjust distance. 2D= same, 1D=real close, 3D=around where party bug lands. 1 hit

JD

Upon hit, can now cancel into specials. Decreased frame advantage upon hit, opponent will go up upon hit, decreased untechable time.

Unconfimed if cancelable upon guard.

Gataling Routes and other changes

jC>jD new gataling route.

jC>Dive is pretty hard to pull off (it will connect though, but not always, see my previous Arakune notes on hit connect)

2C startup is cheap, with the curse bug now affected by SMPs, 2C startup full combo with F Inverse = 5100

Personal thoughts, combo time seems shorter. Even with 2C Startup, Wheel > CD bug> 6C3 hit, the opponent is able to tech out of it. 

jB>5A>6B>j6D>bird>jA>jB>jC>Dive>6D>party bug + Permutaion, the moment the party bug hit, it was a blue beat combo.

Other than jD, jC, Dive, the combo parts remain unchanged thus combos that don't involve the edge have not really changed.

Some combos:

6A>2B>5B>2C>6D>Party bug hit

Ground Throw>B Permutation>5A>5B>jA>jC>Dive>6D>Party bug+Permutaion

At the edge, jB>5A.6B>2D>5D>j6D>jC>jD>Bird>Wheel

Same Move Proration.

You know when you use a certain move twice in a combo and it makes the opponent flash blue? that's SMP. It kills combo damage and makes it so the foe can tech earlier.

Although it seems to have changed in CF.

Same Move Proration.

You know when you use a certain move twice in a combo and it makes the opponent flash blue? that's SMP. It kills combo damage and makes it so the foe can tech earlier.

Although it seems to have changed in CF.

Thank you man... I got it...

That's really no good smp

Now I understand Arakune's users feeling :(((((

5100 damage with 2C starter and laser ender, lol sure :toot:

Uh I don't even know how to make up for it, I guess you can use 1 bug for each segment like C bug>rekkas>Dbug>A and B bug>wheel or something to avoid repeating bugs, but it was the D and C bugs that added the damage to begin with.

It's a loketest, it's a loketest, it's a loketest.

It is a loketest but the chances of things going official is 60/40 at best (looking back at past loketests)

I want to say in order to achieve 7000 - 8000 dmg your required to use the Action flow system. That or reset the opponent like crazy. 

I'd like to believe that big changes like these have a 50/50 chance of staying or going away, hopefully Arakune can break 7k in a realistic situation.

Action Flow adds 1.1x damage right? That barely adds 500 damage to the combo then :eng101:

It's almost seems like that they're trying to change Arakune's gameplan from being "be crap then be really good" to "be really annoying all the time", giving him a pseudo counter and easier ways to play keep-away (cloud staying and activating curse in 3 seconds) pre-curse then a super that stays active for 9 seconds (maybe even more since it seems like it makes curse last longer) and has tons of pushblock and crumbles during curse. Dive being overhead again is nice though, even if it's slower, it might lead to some ambiguous crossups? neutral jump>dive/jump back>dive or something, and since normals don't have SMP you might be able to throw another set of dives there, which might add some damage to the old and busted rekka>wheel combo, maybe.

The tools are nice, but I really liked being able to kill Tager in two combos back in CS1 :( Let's hope you can kill him in 3 or 4 this time around.

Indeed, it was always nice to kill something before the clock hit 80sec.

But honestly, from these mentioned changes so far, what are your thoughts gentlemen?

With the bugs being so expensive, I can't throw out A and B bugs without depleting my gauge too much. Though for a short time, that shouldn't be a problem anymore. The tools are always going to be obscure at first but there's always someway that these tools are going to be abused to where it makes Arakune competent again.

Still, I would like more firepower, wouldn't hurt Arakune too much if he did.