Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kyle

[CT-CS2] Carl vs. Litchi

Carl's 5A whiffs on crouching Litchi. Hence: 6]D[, 66, 2A, 5A, 5B, 5C loop DOES not work against her crouching. This does open up holes for 3S(THIRD STRIKE!!!) tricks tho. 2A, 5A (whiff)- Mix-ups! Stuff like these would be awesome at the last rep of a 6]D[ loop: 2A, 5A (whiff), 6B~C (Not hit stun!) 2A, 5A (whiff), J.2C (Throw Bait) 2A, 5A (whiff), 2B (low option resets) Carl can crouch under LItchi's main poking tool 6B! you should use this often.

A note about Litchi trying to uppercut you out of your ground loop:

If you got Litchi in a ground loop, and you're going for a reset but afraid of her uppercut and end up blocking and guessing right (yay) the way to punish is with 5C. On block, Litchi's uppercut pushes you back enough that 2B/5B whiffs. Dashing in takes too long and she has already recovered. 5C nets you a counter hit for BIG damage.

If Carl-Litchi-Nirvana

5C 6D -> insert combo

If Carl-Litchi

5C (CH) 3C -> insert summon combo.

Actually a litchi that keeps jumping and throwing her legs at you (jB) is harder to deal with than a litchi that stays on ground and 6B you. NOTHING you do beats her legs. jA doesn't reach, 6A doesn't reach, j214C gets stuffed (risky anyways). Nirvana is your best friend.

Just to clarify, you can only duck the latter half of the 6b, the part where only the stick is present, not her foot. Also 5a hits litchi in sandwich pressure if it is a very tight sandwich, and until the 2nd rep. The third 5a will whiff.

I am having extra trouble with this matchup, any extra special advise you can give? Seriously even if it's a first time Litchi player, I get my ass handed to me. It doesn't seem to matter who I am playing. I also don't have any particular trouble with any other matchup.

its not that bad... what's your problem? You're getting zoned out or just getting hit by random stuff? Btw, almost never IAD jC coz it whiffs her on crouching sometimes... or you get anti air'ed

I've gotten better at this matchup. Pretty much I treat her like Hakumen. I attack her very little. I block a lot and always wait for the punish.

Just figured I'd let people know that blocking any of her overheads=free combo for you if she's not covered by the staff. j.b excluded, anyway. If you IB the first hit of her 6c (no staff), I'd suggest 6a>aircombo/grab. 2c 22d viva, 2c loop>throw loop is tight, but you have to be too cool for school. D:

...I attack her very little. I block a lot and always wait for the punish...

About the same here, treat her like May and IB as much shit as you can. You will create enough holes to get CH J.A, 2B, 3C, Summon combos.

Learn that dumbass ClapTrap and getting damage is too easy. Just gotta break that guard w/o getting CH. :gonk:

What moves should I be looking to punish? I'm startin' to feel you guys on needing to block more. I failed to at the last tournament and went from having 1st on lockdown to getting 3rd. Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.

I find ter DP easy to punish for good damage & her airdash string of J.B, J.C, 5B. If Carl is in the air, you can IB her J.C, giving you enough recovery to get a CH J.A as you land while Litchi was trying her autopilot pressure. The only follow-up to this is 2B, as 5A & 2A don't have adequate range.

Ground loops is gotta be;

J.2C, Alle~can, 2B, 5C, 6]D[...

b/c

J.2C, Alle~can, 5B, 5C, 6]D[... Whiffs.

Something annoying i just noticed: occasionally, depending on spacing mid-sandwich-combo, Carl's 2B will whiff litchi's feet where it wont on other characters.. because her hbit stun animation has her standing on 1 foot . . . :psyduck:

-___-

Exactly -___-

And i don't think that 2B is fast enough on miss to do do mind games like you can do with whiffed 5A in old loops. Looks like carl is forced to do 5B 5C 6D on litchi ~.~

Oh yes: also sometimes even if the 2B hits, if you are far enough away the combo will reset before 3C if you're trying to do 2B 3C Cantata/fermata. It does not do this on other characters. This can actualy be favorable if the opponent decided not to try and start blocking until the natural reset or was blocking high because you get a 3C combo starter for great damage but I've yet to meet good players who make this mistake :vbang:

Also she has BB's typical "I'm a lady my standing hit box is anorexic" thing going on so 5B IAD alle~can resets like to miss from time to time. (Makoto does this too p.s.)

this 2B, 3C is not just Litchi. It's a big change from CT to CS. I'm not sure if 3C is slower or if 2B has less hitstun, but at max range this will always miss in CS. In CT in only missed @max range on Carl for some reason.

First post here in a while but Kyle what do you use to punish Litchi's DP? mostly when sister isn't near by. 5b 2b are too short and 5c is too slow it feels..is it just me messing my IBs? also I hope this is regarding CS and not CT

I believe if you IB you can do 6B for a punish. huge forward step, pops up and gives ground stun on counter hit, ample time to summon, IAD alle~can, insert juggle here.

Hey why no one have posted anything here about lichi in cs?

Im new with carl... but omg that bitch just rape all my normals... its hard to get that bitch in C-o-N

Any tips for this match?

That chinabitch is so stupid...

Some people before have posted about it and I've had varying degrees of success against Litchi's with the strategy, but treat her like Hakumen - play really defensively and get punishes. I've noticed that a lot of players underestimate the range of Carl's normals, so they like to do things like end a blockstring, reset to neutral, and throw out another poke, even if the normal they ended with is unsafe on block. If you get an IB these normals that are -frames on block, you can punish into summon combos/loops if Ada is already close by. You just have to play patiently, because if she hits you she gets stupid damage for free.