Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mynusdono

Accent Core I-no: Discussion and Thoughts

Hi, I'm not new to I-no, but I am new to the forums... I just had two quick questions on I-no's inertia cl...

I think I know the input for it, but can someone plz give confirm it for me,

and can someone clarify the timing for me.

I can only seem to get it off when I buffer it after a back dash or 5k (and it's rare)

Thx

Titan already mentioned the input, but I thought I'd toss out this advice as well. I have the best luck with it if I do it as 632146(6+k), pressing the last 6 and k at the same time. Works pretty well for me that way.

A vid like LM Akira's HOS vids? A guide of some sort?

Yeah something like that, detailing different situations, possibilities etc.

Titan already mentioned the input, but I thought I'd toss out this advice as well. I have the best luck with it if I do it as 632146(6+k), pressing the last 6 and k at the same time. Works pretty well for me that way.

First off thx...

I did read that btw, I just wanted to make sure that it was the exact input. Does anyone know if there is a vid teaching how to do this like the one for the cl6frc6 vid on youtube? Or if possible, can someone possibly make the vid? Sorry if I seem to be asking much, but I need everything I can in my arsenal since the only other players I have play as baiken (counter), jam (counter) and faust (very low crouch). When I finally get the tension I need, I can't approach during zoning (Plz don't say use note, It's a waste of tension on them). they've even begun to start jabbing me out of my wiff hcl 6frc6 (any attack here)... they're starting to hit me during the ad lag... I think if I can inertia hcl frc, I should be able to approach safely plus have the option to combo after a j.d. mixup...

First off thx...

I did read that btw, I just wanted to make sure that it was the exact input. Does anyone know if there is a vid teaching how to do this like the one for the cl6frc6 vid on youtube? Or if possible, can someone possibly make the vid? Sorry if I seem to be asking much, but I need everything I can in my arsenal since the only other players I have play as baiken (counter), jam (counter) and faust (very low crouch). When I finally get the tension I need, I can't approach during zoning (Plz don't say use note, It's a waste of tension on them). they've even begun to start jabbing me out of my wiff hcl 6frc6 (any attack here)... they're starting to hit me during the ad lag... I think if I can inertia hcl frc, I should be able to approach safely plus have the option to combo after a j.d. mixup...

There is a video on the forums but im not sure if it is the 6frc6 one of tk. what do u mean they hit u out of a 6hcl6frc im guessing u didnt combo with it. I dont get why you are saying notes are useless towards these people. Your jam must be a god if he can counter every note thrown at him while u are coming for him. Baiken ok i can see using the superman counter but that really isnt a problem. Faust very low crouch does what to u? U mean when he is dashing at u, u cant HCL him? that really isnt a problem since a lot of characters can do that. Can u like show me some videos of what is going on in the fight. Sorry but your descriptions don't really help me see the problems.

There is a video on the forums but im not sure if it is the 6frc6 one of tk. what do u mean they hit u out of a 6hcl6frc im guessing u didnt combo with it. I dont get why you are saying notes are useless towards these people. Your jam must be a god if he can counter every note thrown at him while u are coming for him. Baiken ok i can see using the superman counter but that really isnt a problem. Faust very low crouch does what to u? U mean when he is dashing at u, u cant HCL him? that really isnt a problem since a lot of characters can do that. Can u like show me some videos of what is going on in the fight. Sorry but your descriptions don't really help me see the problems.

ok, np, i'll try to elaborate...

First of all, my opponents aren't slouches, they know how to avoid notes through experience. Fausts low profile allows him to run under tk notes, baiken rapes, and jam is hitting me before they even come out.

I don't have any recording equipment so sorry about that, but i'll try to explain.

My gamestyle

I'm big on technical game so I gatling into 2d for the knock down alot (probably too much). I play on the theory that I-no needs to mix up into combos with no poration to win. Any combo I start with poration I immediately knock down and save the tension for pressure or non-poration combos. After I get the knockdown, I can j.d., a.d., ffvcl. I can drop a note. I can j.d. meaty a j.k. Or I can meaty a f.S. (very fun!!!). the problem is that even tho ffvcl is safe, baiken usually counter frc's my follow up. jam also just parries and 2p's me. faust has to deal with it so its my best option for him. the note on the other hand is usually going to be one hit since my slow note gets jumped over about 60% of the time. baiken and jam can deal with a one hit note very effectively, even if its frc'd. My best option with the quick note is an iad fd crossup k dive, which just resets the knockdown. faust likes to crouch/sj option (since it's the fast note I can only commit to a high or low trajectory since aiming mid would go over his crouch). I don't see many I-no's do this, but j.d. meaty j.k. is not only safe but very effective (perfectly executed gives 13f advantage!) It's my wake up attack of choice. All characters have a hard time dealing with it plus you can fuzzy guard a 5.p. if you like [good for baiken since it throws off her counter timing (it hits so fast that you can catch baiken in the 1 part of her 412 motion plus the block stun is so small that a delayed counter usually misses timing and the resulted attack gets stuffed), I can usually gatling a 2.k. and hit for a messed up counter]. faust can't deal with it and a parry from jam results in a throw (he hasn't realized that he can just throw break me yet). Meaty far slash is more of a parlor trick, you can do almost anything (a perfect f.s. meaty give you 10f) but, you have to be far so I'm usually telegraphing my follow up. I-no isn't exactly the queen of pressure so if my opponent escapes, that leads to my problem.

My problem, no approach...

I don't have anything for catching my opponent, or getting them to block. I used to chuck a couple notes, but jam has been going straight through them! My brother is starting to show off by dash brake parrying them! So my notes get me punished, I-no has no priority in her iad... I've tried, i get poke out then comboed... even by baiken :( ... and well, faust is gay, I just eat 5.k. for lunch if I approach him. The only two things I had going for me on approach was tk hcl 6frc6 into pressure string and jump around, bait an AA then dive. The cl thing was good for a while, but they started tapping me out of the ad. The baiting is still good, but it's not a game winning tactic.

That's why I want to learn how to inertia cl. I think I could use it like the tk hcl 6frc6, but with less time for my opponent to interrupt. I think that something like intertia cl frc j.k. (mix up option here) would be a pretty good add to my arsenal.

Please note that I'm not a pro nor do I consider my self one, but I'm trying to get to a competitive level with I-no, I think I'm gonna play eddie in tourneys for now...

PS, my brother's jam isn't a god, when he parries he just buffers 5.p. if i'm close enough and we usually trade off or clash, than that bastard has the advantage. that's his anti pressure game he says...

from what i can tell is u only do JI notes? start them on the ground frc and then u could dash in with some protection. Don't always fish for just a knock down, if u can get them into a big combo do it. Dmg is Dmg, if u decide to wait on using your tension just because it doesnt do the full dmg, u will be giving them more time to attack u. dont forget u can regular air jump in the dash and also use TK HSdive to help get in if u see an opening. against jam, id probably keep more of the notes on the ground to mid lvl just because if she tries to jump at u, u could just AA with 6P and if she tries to IAD 412K u could back away from it. 41236HS FRC is a nice trick to use every now and then to get people off guard also. I hope some of that helps

from what i can tell is u only do JI notes? start them on the ground frc and then u could dash in with some protection. Don't always fish for just a knock down, if u can get them into a big combo do it. Dmg is Dmg, if u decide to wait on using your tension just because it doesnt do the full dmg, u will be giving them more time to attack u. dont forget u can regular air jump in the dash and also use TK HSdive to help get in if u see an opening. against jam, id probably keep more of the notes on the ground to mid lvl just because if she tries to jump at u, u could just AA with 6P and if she tries to IAD 412K u could back away from it. 41236HS FRC is a nice trick to use every now and then to get people off guard also. I hope some of that helps

yeah, I try to tk all my notes because the angle is safer and I like to think that the few frame perfect notes I do save me a frame lol! I dunno about the just give the damage thing tho, as I evolved in gameplay, I have found true that two combos to kill with only 50% (not including the knockdowns) tension is more efficient and allows more tension to blow during a match ie:instead of wasting 25% tension on a poopy bnb throw combo from mid screen during mid match, I'd just fast note jd pressure to build more tension and guard gauge, mixup, perform the proper combo which will most likely win the match right there. When I used to take what I could get, I found my self fishing for tension during critical moments in the match, that's why I decided to work on my technical game so hard. I'm gonna try your advice tonight after my midterms and let you know how it goes tommorrow.

Here is another question, I know it doesn't belong here, but since I gotta go, maybe someone can give me a quick answer. I hear a lot of rumors about roman canceling, I've learned that it doesn't pause your tension guage (Horay!) but it does drop gain to 20%. The next rumor I can't seem to find on dustloop is if rc's/frc's reset damage counters. I'll figure it out myself, but if someone could just tell me, it'll save me some time and I can do more important stuff, like come up with more reasons to use this hoe's force break.

thx vegita12,

peace!

So how have you guys be progressing? My I-no sucks. I can combo into HCL FRC easy but I still haven't got the air dash down and haven't nailed the throw FRC and the notes. I can get it 70% of the time. I need 100%!

Aside from combos which everyone can practice alone, focus a lot on trying to get control of the match. I-no doesn't have a lot, but it's enough. While HCL can be ducked/jumped/run under by people, it is still good to look for chances to throw it out. Try to use notes to make people go one way or another and take advantage of it when they do block it. Use 5p/j.p/6hs to stop lots of air shenanigans. 6p is good, but you really have to know when to use it. When fighting versus DP characters, if using the hover dash, try to make your attacks so they land and recover in time. It's easier to do this with j.hs and j.s than j.k, cos j.k cannot be as high in the air as the others or you will get hit. If you go for a mixup and it is blocked, it is often smart to go for a TK dive/alternate. example: hover dash j.k (blocked), land, 5s->jc into low dive, 5k, HCL 6FRC6, j.s VCL (fast fall), 5hs, jc jhs 236p, AD jhs 236k. alternate: hover dash j.k (blocked), land, 5s, 2s (hits low in AC, auto-JIed from Hover dash, if in different situation, 5s JI 2s will be fine), HCL 6FRC6 js jhs land 5s, jc js jhs dive and stuff.

I use VCL as a DP when I read/predict a low attack as okizeme (it seems to work against May's 5k depending on timing). I sometimes use VCL as anti-air, to catch techs above me, to beat falling attacks (against may/faust/axl etc).

speaking of catching a jumping opponent with j.p, what do you do if it actually lands. I just do j.p,k,s dj k,s,FB. I know theres more damaging shit out there. Plus it's a waste of tension. Is there a bnb for catching someone in the air that did something with long recovery or w/e. Cause instead of just coming up with something on the fly i'd like a guaranteed damaging/knockdown combo.

If you catch someone with a j.p towards a corner, j.p j.s HCL frc air dash j.hs VCL fast fall, land, and depending on lots of things (especially the height you started at), you may or may not be able to combo. If it's a random j.p, j.p->FB, air dash (j.s) j.hs S dive works on quite a few characters. Again depending on height and or near a corner, you may or may not be able to go into a big combo off of a FB. And for basic no tension, j.p, j.s, jc j.s, j.hs s dive/HCL/p note and try to make it go where you think they will tech or use it to block off a route (this isn't always smart, if they neutral tech and have a quick move that will get you if you don't frc the note, it really depends).

cos you have less time to do stuff after they block vcl I have a theory on why they did this: I-no would be too good with lvl 5 vcl in this game, due to being able to combo after the S dive at any point on screen. In Slash, you could do a fast fall VCL on the opponent and then do j.k (IT IS NOT CALLED FUZZY GUARD BUT WHATEVER IF THEY BLOCKED LOW IT WILL STILL HIT, HITBOX FEATURE/GLITCH), VCL FRC 236 p 236 p air dash js jhs etc combo, but only in the corner. In AC, you can do a fast fall VCL anywhere, but due to the stun being shorter, you won't recover in time to do the mixup, so you need to frc the VCL, and then do j.k, s dive and combo. If this was AC combined with Slash, you could do tensionless combos off a super tricky mixup anywhere on screen, and I think it'd be a little too mean.

cos you have less time to do stuff after they block vcl

I have a theory on why they did this: I-no would be too good with lvl 5 vcl in this game, due to being able to combo after the S dive at any point on screen.

In Slash, you could do a fast fall VCL on the opponent and then do j.k (IT IS NOT CALLED FUZZY GUARD BUT WHATEVER IF THEY BLOCKED LOW IT WILL STILL HIT, HITBOX FEATURE/GLITCH), VCL FRC 236 p 236 p air dash js jhs etc combo, but only in the corner. In AC, you can do a fast fall VCL anywhere, but due to the stun being shorter, you won't recover in time to do the mixup, so you need to frc the VCL, and then do j.k, s dive and combo. If this was AC combined with Slash, you could do tensionless combos off a super tricky mixup anywhere on screen, and I think it'd be a little too mean.

thx, nice to know...

hey, now that you mention it, is there any where on the boards that I can learn I-no's technical strats, such as this one mentioned. Or should I just read the slash strats and improv on the ac changes?

Question, there is a video on you tube call i-no mixups or something like that. I want to know if it is a fake or simply a different version of accent core because her jump slash doesn't seem to have the property for hitting from behind like they show in the vid. can anyone plz clarify this. BTW, I have the american version of accent core...

Question,

there is a video on you tube call i-no mixups or something like that. I want to know if it is a fake or simply a different version of accent core because her jump slash doesn't seem to have the property for hitting from behind like they show in the vid. can anyone plz clarify this.

BTW, I have the american version of accent core...

Funny, I have that video. What else is funny is how I have never seen any those "mixups" used in any matches. My question is: is this realiable or practical at all? Here's the link in case anyone hasn't seen it:http://youtube.com/watch?v=MzUgTGPALO4

Just for shits and giggles, I decided to test out some training mode stuff.

Finkledoodoo: Apparently, that particular crossup only works on Dizzy due to her weird hitbox. I was able to replicate the vid without any problems on Dizzy, so no, it's not your copy that's busted or whatever. However, I tried the same thing on Potemkin (naturally with his huge hitbox I was expecting it to work), but I was not able to replicate the crossup. The j.S whiffs even though it fully extends after I FRC'ed the VCL and crossed him up.

Hatred Edge: Think of the first 2 or 3 mixups as a "Dizzy-only" mixup. However, that vid actually contains some mixups that should be able to work on other characters, like the hoverdash.K, FRC VCL, dj.D FD (jump backwards) (you re-cross up the opponent after the first crossup from the VCL), S, 236S, combo. Also, the hoverdash.K, FRC VCL, ad.D (airdash backwards toward opponent) can serve as an ambiguous cross-up also.

The one involving her FB cancel is hilarious though...

Edit: I forgot to mention that if you replace the j.S with a j.K instead, you will cross-up the opponent, but for some reason they can still block it as if it's still hitting from the otherside (or it could be training mode being dumb, so I dunno). So doing hoverdash.K, FRC VCL, K works on everyone since the j.K will hit from the other side and you should be able to combo off of it if it hits (when the opponent ducks)...

Honnou, any chance at that I-no guide you were talking about. Only thing i'm really feending for is in depth thing for her normals since thats pretty much where everything starts. And combos off of random situations but thats not as important

Nothing yet. Tons of ideas, but I have to sit down with someone who has the proper equipment. I have a potential friend who might be able to do it, but it won't be for awhile.