Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kyle

[CT-CS2] Carl vs. Arakune

I... i cannot deal with this match up in CS... i can't brio him out of cloud set ups anymore. i can't feed clouds to nirvanna. i get cursed absurdly fast and then it's over ~_~

what do you do to deal with this ass hat now :(

Carl vs Arakune:

Standing: 5B, 6B, SSJ.2C, Alle~can...

Crouching: 5B, 6B, SJ.2C, Alle~can...

What do you do if he just runs away to spam clouds and bugs all day, only to teleport/airdash out as soon as you get remotely close? Carl seems to lose air to air and Nirvana is too slow to chase down Arakune. So how do you get him into a combo? I keep reading that his normals (pre-curse) are the worst in the game, yet he just steamrolls my Carl -- there must be something I'm overlooking!

Help? Now that Nirvana no longer eats clouds and Con Brio can be blocked in the air, this is my personal worst matchup, bar none. I'm at a complete loss on what to do against the black squiggly.

jump back B is amazing in this matchup. From what i was told Arakune can't really compete with Carl in the air. Although I don't necessarily say thats wrong Arakune's bird attacks are pretty good air-air.

While Brio can be blocked in the air you should still use it because as it stops or at best punishes arakune for setting clouds in the air. Not mention is you get cursed its a the best move you have to spam since its one of the few moves Nirvana has that will still come out if Carl blocks or is hit in the air.

i feel like it's not just the bird.. his needle stabbing (jC? i forget which it is) seems to be very active very early and beats me out of allot of stuff.

Yeah thats his j.B. And yes it is a good tool against Carl. Everynow and then, however, 6A will beat it clean. You just have to get it out early and know that Arakune's j.B is coming since its starts up so quickly.

Updated:

Carl vs Arakune:

Standing: ...6]D[, J.2C, JB, J.C, 5B, 6B, J.A, 3]D[... the resets here are godlike, Arakune & Tao only

After much patience, I can get Arakune on the ground with smart approaches & air block strings which force him to land. But, once I go for a mix-up he will:

Backdash (3]D[)

Forward dash (Reverse IAD, J.2C, Alle~Can)

Jump backwards (Air throw/J.A)

Gold Burst (J.IB)

I have an insanely hard time with this b/c I end up negating mix-ups and attempting risky tactics to punish his escape, but he has (4) solid options. I feel I'm having to dedicate myself to one counter option (per Yomi) and if by the greater chance he does the other three options, he's escaped.

I will try pressuring... 5B, 3]D[, J.A... If he uses backdash the 3]D[ will get him, if he jumps the J.A should hit/block. Ewwwww, on hit that DMG sucks, on block I chain in a way that forces him to the grounded where the situation resets all over again.

Any advice guys?

The only solid mix-up I've found is air combo, Bria, Gold Burst for KD. Fuoco as Arakuen gets up, Air dash across him w/Carl and go for 2B/6C/IAD J.2C mix-up here. It cost a burst, but I find myself always holding onto (1) anyways. I HATE using (2) burst on the last round = death.

All I do is whore out j.B and 623D in this match up and hide behind nirvana.

RTSD of some sort, but from a distance.

I dunno. >.>

All I do is whore out j.B and 623D in this match up and hide behind nirvana.

RTSD of some sort, but from a distance.

I dunno. >.>

i agree with this tactic lol

Sandwich doesn't work on arakune even on wakeup because wakeup backdash gets out of everything.

3D while theoretically catches him backdashing during sandwich is impractical (given a good arakune). If you don't delay the 3D, he cant backdash anyway (still in blockstun), but if you delay the 3D, they can react and jump with his 3f jump.

Too much experience in this matchup vs kousaka, it just resorts to ^

Spam jB, Spam Brio

I also spam volante so I can be amused at how accurate kousaka is at using 2D/jD to cancel out projectiles lol

I prefer not to end an air combo in J.2C, Allegreto i feel like he's guaranteed to tech and throw out a cloud.

*Gimmicky, & i haven't tested in matches*

End an air combo in J.C, Jump Cancel, Delay, Gold Burst.

If he

Tech's toward: Get's cross-up bursted

Neutral tech: Gets gold burst in face

Back tech: escapes

NO tech: KD

This is even better in the corner b/c he can't recover backwards to escape, If he does block the burst his frame disadvantage has him falling into 8]D[.

I'll play with it some more and see if the application is as legit as the training mode.

If I end in allegretto that's pushing away, I usually fuoco on the way down, then IAD and start doing the typical 6623]D[ 6623]D[ to try and get corner push/bait teleport CH stuff.

Wait, if you anticipate the backdash on wakeup, you can just place Nirvana where she needs to be, right? Then, as they reappear, and Nirvana's right next to them, you can punish with like RoM or something (even though if they're paying attention, they'd realize you'd be setting up that trap). If they don't backdash, I'm sure the space is still enough to continue sandwich pressure...I think.

Wait, if you anticipate the backdash on wakeup, you can just place Nirvana where she needs to be, right? Then, as they reappear, and Nirvana's right next to them, you can punish with like RoM or something (even though if they're paying attention, they'd realize you'd be setting up that trap). If they don't backdash, I'm sure the space is still enough to continue sandwich pressure...I think.

Not really. For every knockdown you get (which i'm assuming is off 8D), Nirvana is always close enough so that even if you're just moving her back, a backdash will go through and behind her. Not to mention its the arakune reacting to whats Nirvana doing when he decides to backdash, its not like hes just mashing the backdash like no tomorrow.

If you get the knockdown with 2D making nirvana further away, they can just forward roll through carl (how do u punish this?).

Lets just say you need to anticipate what hes doing but hes actually reacting to what you're doing... how does that work out :psyduck:

Lol, sarcasm?

Just saying because when I used to use 3C 2D for sandwich oki, they'd techroll back and escape it.

Since I've started using 5C 2D midscreen, neutral tech has been like their only safe option.

Updated:

Carl vs Arakune:

Standing: 5B, 6B, SSJ.2C, Alle~can...

Standing: 5B, 6B, SJ.2C, J.B, J.C, 6B, SJ.2C, J.B, J.C, 6B, SJ.2C, J.B, J.C,

Standing: 5B, 5C, Delay, 6]D[, J.2C, J.B, J.C, J.B, J.C, J.B

I'm having a hard time catching arakune. I also get guard crushed when I block while cursed a lot. How can I approach the blob more effectively and what should I do while blocking in curse mode? Honestly I find this match-up really annoying.

Anyone know the correct way to stop Arakune from backdashing out of j.B+3D? What I've thought of is input a forward dash during the hitstop of j.B, then 5B 6B 623C. I figure there's probably a way to pick up the combo back into the loop from there, but I haven't actually tried. And I don't know if there's a more efficient way (mostly in reference to Nirvana meter) to do the same thing.