Sign in to follow this  
Zinac

Faust in Accent Core : Matchups

Axl Low: Range - What is normally done in this matchup is to stay full screen away from Axl. He can not touch you from here, and it's at your advantage to sit back and throw items. You must ofcourse keep him from moving in, so don't be lead into the corner. Don't Jump In on Him. Axl has plenty of Anti-Air options that are very active. You may use a knockdown as your opportunity to move in. Okizeme - Axl has a shouryu, but it isn't low invulnerable, so go head and use the last hit of 2K as a low meaty on his wakeup. Ofcourse leave your other usual Okizeme options open for consideration. You'll pretty much want to always combo into a knockdown until you can get that winning damage, otherwise Axl will recover and have advantage over you at that range. Baiken: You'll want to stay at max range, in order to stay away from her alpha counters. If she throws out her grapple, you can crouch walk forward under it, to get in a 5S or 2S (if you're close enough). You can even stuff her grappling hook with 5S if you chose to do so. Basically you're going to play your standard item throwing, range poking Faust game. Your safest bet is to stay full screen away from Baiken. Make sure you move in every so often with jump Drill cancel j.HS (or just j.HS), so she backs off. You don't want to compete in the air with Baiken if you're near, because her j.S will HURT and leads to a huge counter hit combo. Play it safe in this match. Counters to Baiken's moves: HS alpha counter: Since you're going to stay far enough away from most of Baiken's counters, you really only have to worry about her HS counter (the one where to flies through the air, attempting to cross you up. Solution - attack with max range 5S and wait to gattling into 2K when you see her alpha counter start to activate. At the farthest range of 5S, this will counter hit her everytime, giving you plenty of time to follow up your with your standard B&B. You also have the option of canceling into 5D since the startup is invincible. Eddie: As always with Eddie, you are not going to out poke him, his 2s is dangerous. As before, Faust's ideal range (just within 5s distance), is right where Eddie can punish you with invite hell. With the new Eddie attacks he can lock you down in one spot, and he also has a grab that will hold you, leaving you unable to block. Getting stuck in a block string now is very dangerous because they can lead into an unblockable. You also have to be careful because the Eddie meter is misleading since he now has a FB that gives full Eddie meter. Little Eddie's new slash attack is HUGE, very similiar shape to normal Eddie's forward HS, but it activates much quicker. Eddie players can do it when they expect you to use 2.HS, and you definently don't want to eat a counter from this, so be careful. So how do you deal with little Eddie. Ideally you want to make your offensive against Eddie before the Eddie meter fills all the way up. If little Eddie is already out you can easily be mislead into hitting little Eddie first and eating normal Eddie's attacks. You can get rid of little Eddie with 2.HS,2.P when he is recoverying and is far away from main Eddie, but your opponent might not conviently let that happen. You might be tempted into super jumping and throwing a bomb bag out of desperation, but this is often a useless and bad response since Eddie can just run and position himself right under you waiting for you to fall. Air dashing also isn't so great in this situation because Eddie can run much faster than you and just wait for you to come down. What I do is watch for Eddie running in one direction and super jump air dash in the opposite direction. You can then just land and play Faust's keep away game, and/or FDC bomb bag on the way down to keep Eddie at bay. Bomb bag usually isn't so good for retreating situations though, so watch out. Eddie also now has much better control over his flight. He can quickly move back in forward, up and down. So you have to be more careful in the air. j.HS is still good against it, but just not as abusable. If you're confident, you can sit back and keep Eddie from jump by falling j.HS, or jump drill cancel, HS. He'll desperately want to do "invite hell" at that range, so you can setup a counter hit fairly easily. You can use 2HS(counter) into pull in this situation. Zappa: I'll get to him trust me, but first I would to confirm if Zappa can actually chose the summon based on the timer. According to fubarduck, anytime Zappa summons, whether it be forced or hitstun based, it is determined by the second digit on the timer. Here is how it works. 0: Sword 1: Dog 2: Ghosts 3-9: Random ----- posted by fubarduck. Might want to pay attention to the timer when you play Zappa from now on.

Anji: Time for Anji advice. I'll only go over whats new to AC, mostly. Anji block string pressure: The major thing here is just to block until you find an out. Faust should never try to out poke a Anji closing in on him at close range. You'll eat counter hit combo, for big damage. One thing you will want to do to avoid butter-fly mixup is flash guard the butterfly, and 1 frame jump while holding FD to guard all the hits. This is especially important now with the new FB butterfly that can lead to an unblockable. As always make sure you have tension before you jump up and eat an anti-air. You can block every one of Anji's ground attacks low except for a few things. Anji's force break hits high, he'll do this usually during his guard pressure strings. It isn't hard to block on reaction. Just so you don't get confused, you don't need to block normal Fujin high, so only guard high when you hear the FB activate. Anji's command normal 3.p also hits high, but has slow startup (20 frames). Range Game: On the ground you have the advantage. Stay at scapel's length from Anji, if you see Fujin, wait a bit and 2HS him. You will get a counter hit for free cancel into pull, or whatever B&B you desire. At this range you can freely 2HS ( on block throw item or cancel into 5P). Watch out for Anji's tension gauge because he may be to use his sliding FB move at this range and get a counter hit combo. Make sure to back dash often when Anji is advancing. Keep those items going, but only when you're at full screen length or have canceled from full length 2HS. I'm going to go into what the rest of the Anji matchup includes later. Counters to Anji's moves: Anji's 6P: startup.18F, active 4F, recovery 16 Anji leans back a bit and lunges forward to hit with his fan. This move has massive startup, so you have plenty of time to counter it. You must be careful and wait for a bit because the first few frames are quite invulerable. - Faust's 2S or close.5S: easiest options if you're within range. Obviously provides many combo followup opportunities - Normal throw: Another easy option if you're within throw range, because Anji's 6P has many frames of startup. - 6P: Difficulty (Fairly Hard). You must wait after Anji lunges with his 6P, and be close enough to hit. If you do this too early you both will trade, but you'll be stuck in stagger. Do it just late enough and Anji will be launched, unable to tech for a long time. This allows you to throw an item and follow up with an air combo. - 2HS: Difficulty (Fairly Easy). You must do this at the farther range of 2HS, otherwise you'll be counter hit and be stuck in stagger. I'm fairly certain this will never clash at the approriate range you should be using it at. Slayer: Walk-under able moves: Mappa (crouch walk forward) - possible counter with 2S>B&B Footloose ( normal crouch, or forward) possible counter with 2S>B&B

Vs Eddie, it seems that the little Eddie in AC, while may seem really intimidating at first, can be killed rather easily. I'm an Eddie player, and I've seen CPU and other players killed my little Eddie easily when it was throwing Mawaru or Nobiru out. I dunno, maybe the hittable box of the little Eddie has been enlarged? Vs Anji, it seems that 2K and 5H work really well against him. If any of these tips is wrong, just let me know.

I think one of his worst match ups is Slayer x_x I was playing a couple of days with many of them, and all of them I had problems keeping them away from me. And if they get close, they only get away if the round ends XDDDD Slayer has too many mix ups, that leads either great damage, or knock down + mix ups. The only time that I could win was when I could get them away, and kept poking.

slayer isn't that bad just wait for him, his throw game isn't what it used to be and watch out for his force break upper and 6k....besides that throw bags and out poke him and confuse him with items. his dust sweep gets beaten by jump 2k and dandy moves get beaten upclose by dust sweep or the last hit of 2k also im sure they are trying to IAD heavy...for that situation predict it and give them a 5k or 6 punch. pogo is not as safe anymore since of the new forcebreak upper pile bunker and mappa hit you off pogo now so try and not do the ground flower on pogo as much against slayer because all that does is make your hitbox larger oh and whore out jump heavy....he hates that shit :)

I'm requesting someone give info about Johnny. The good Johnny players are few and far between. I played casuals with kenmasterX this weekend, but I don't think I could give good advice for Johnny from the short about of time I had with him. So yeah any matchup info on Johnny would be very helpful for the US peeps.

vs. Johnny : Faust outpokes Johnny on ground. So AFAIK Johnny players tend to want to try to strike Faust via air. Prepare your anti-airs. 6P, 5H, 5K, prepare them all. Jackhound eats 25% tension now (except the weird tensionless one, of course), that's a good news for us Faust players. Johnny is also an easy target for 5D. Don't forget that. j.H also gives Johnny a lot of troubles. That's all I can share for now.

is ther anything of eddies you can invunerble dust "5D" thru? I have no idea??, maybe something like 5P>5D or 2S>5D after such and such move of eddies preasure string???? also whats the best thing to do aginst eddies 2H and 6H?

Recently I just fought Johnny. I gotta correct myself, Johnny is no longer an easy target for Faust's 5D. And that's because Johnny got that stupid 3H.

Vs Eddie, I don't have much to say since I haven't play against an Eddie player for a long time. I don't think invuln dust-ing through his block strings is safe since he's not Johnny, but I'm gonna test it anyway.

AFAIK there's no sure way to counter Eddie's 6H since a good Eddie player will rarely throw out 6H point-blank.

Vs Eddie, I don't have much to say since I haven't play against an Eddie player for a long time. I don't think invuln dust-ing through his block strings is safe since he's not Johnny, but I'm gonna test it anyway.

5D generally speaking is not a viable defensive option against Eddie.

The reasons are three fold:

- little Eddie + big Eddie = lots of overlapping hitting frames. The invulnerability of 5D to strikes ends before the first hitting frame of 5D, so your chances of simply getting hit out of 5D are pretty good.

- 5D does only one hit, and little Eddie's sprite may simply absorb the hit for big Eddie. Much like how you simply shouldn't DAA while both big and little Eddie are rushing you, 5D will mostly just not work... mostly, since with full meter you can still try for something like DAA RC 5D, but that's not something that happens all the time.

- 5D does not have throw invulnerability. Eddie has a nice command throw that he has many setups for that are very practical and worth trying. You can guess how that turns out for FA.

This is from my experience vs Teyah's ED. But if someone can work out better ways to make it work which I can't think of, I'd love to know.

thanks bag lunch, thats pretty much exactly what happened aginst my friend's ED. although I did have some luck landing a 5D before and after getting puddle fucked. like I think I was able to go thru EDs j.K trying to push me into to the puddle. and after the puddle was just lucky cuz he missed a drill or whatever. although just a million other options he could adjust, if im gonna 5D after the puddle lol.

okay, so after playing kensou for an entire day, i want your guys opinion on fighting chipp. as with most characters, getting the momentum in faust's favor is whatll win, but when he gets in..its a nightmare pushing him out. far slash is a risky gambit since chipp always is so low, so if he is just crouching itll whiff entirely, and opens faust up. 2HS is sometimes good, cept when chipp decides to jump and from there he gets a free iad. him jump always tends to be troublesome, cuz if i dont (or any faust) fdc HS to stop him from iading, (with 5k whiffing normally) i tend to use 2k but then if i dont time the first hit right, and hit with the second, he gets to recover, and has another airdash to fly around. even 2k is 50/50 because chipp's j. d and j. hs are so good. 6P tends to not work a lot, and even when i try to DAA a jump in or his strings, he always happens to be low enough that it whiffs and i eat a combo. and then with ground game, gamma blade and 2d are to quick and lead to knockdown, giving chipp an easy way to put pressure on. None of the pokes ive tried beat them, and just blocking (the gamma blade at least) gives him an advantage. all i can think to poke from mid range is 2p cancelled to something else. Sometimes i try pogo stance, which happens to work really well, unless he hits HS when i try to hit him with it, the it goes downhill from there. Is there any solid way to keep chipp in check, because with the teleporting and all the movement, not to mention his stature, its just to hard to make sure chipp doesnt get a great advantage. and another way other then fb pogo to land after chipp puts you really high in the air? thats a bunch of stuff that i have thought of, so some input and suggestions would be well received. Thanks!

I hear ya man. I play a really really good Chipp player in NC(who also happens to have Kensou on speed dial =/) and I agree with all of your problems now. Despite Faust being so good in AC for some reason I noticed that the matchup for Chipp and Faust have switched. For once this in Chipp's favor. Anyways:

Yes what makes Chipp so difficult is that as you know, he has ridiculous pokes. They're well ranged, fast, and very meaty. When Chipp has Faust in the corner, Chipp can out zone Faust. Chipp can reach in and attack Faust but Faust can't do the same because all of his long range stuff is too slow to beat chipps crap.

First things first, your two best weapons or j.HS and item throw. Both Chipp and Faust are in the air alot. You gotta control the air better than Chipp. Like you said FDC HS is a must as well as regular jump HS. Item throws are a given as they can save you in a pinch. On the ground 2HS is a good poke. My problem is everytime I use it my opponent wants to jump. Best time to use it is when your opponent just lands or when you're doing a block string.

With Chipp in the air so much, you have to learn to jump cancel the first hit of Faust's 2K on reaction into an air combo when you hit Chipp. Was that what you meant by miss timing the kick? Don't try to anit-air him if he's not IAD'ing. If he's just coming straight down on top of you, its probably from a teleport (or worse, an FRC'd teleport) He's more than likely to throw out that j.D or j.HS you were talking about. That stuff has too much proriety. Anti-air(AA) chipp with any of Faust's moves is 50/50 really.

Ug, Chipp and his ground game. I agress also that 2D and Gamma Blade are any Chipp opponent's worst nightmare. Use the occasional bomb bag to turtle. Your best bet is to some how get a knock down. with 2D. Its a good poke if and only if Chipp is not already attacking you. If he already has you in a block string then don't do it because he probably has a frame trap with your name on it. If you're in the middle of the screen and you have a decent block string going against him throw out an item. Seriously, like any match, throw out as many items as possible.

So there you go, some thoughts from a fellow anti-chipp player. In a sense, we're both fighting against Kensou.

yeah just remeber as soon as the match starts chipp is almost dead...so when possible deal out as much damage as you can 2k on the ground helps out alot when he tries to rush in and try to predict his teleporting 6p does wonders also if you get the timing down on his IAD's

yeah, i get 2k working against some ground rush ins, comboing into either 2D or 5D>Pogo>D. Watching where he goes when he rush downs is what helps the most, throwing out 2k when he stops just short and 2Ds or gamma blades you sets up for his insane pressure. j. 2k also works well if you can get into the air before chipp, unfortunately his 6P can beat you clean so its a gambit, but can lead to great damage on CH. in a little unrelatedness, since ive had this random "omg in depth into matchups" phase of guilty gear, im going to put up my experiences with solid characters that i face a lot down here. Its not that the whole Jan/Flash thing got me into this, i kinda got my eyes open even wider after that session with kensou where i won no games whatsoever (sure a few rounds here and there but yeah). THEN jan got back and all this started. So, this is sorta a double effort to step up my game getting solid knowledge from other people who play faust, and in turn the info gets public and everyone benefits ~HuRrAy~ anywho, match-ups that are tough: Chipp (kensou says its in faust's favor, i say the opposite), Eddie (yeah...), A.B.A (only if she gets any momentum early on), Robo Ky (projectiles projectiles and some missiles), Millia (more flying around then you can handle, but i guess she softened a bit after slash), Zappa (makes a lot of your tools useless) and Axl ( he just has better pokes) when i have some more energy id like to discuss them further, so i thought id just throw out those general ones that give faust (or maybe me) a little hassle.

tips against zappa - your basic idea agaisnt zappa is to keep his orbs to a minimum and zone him out -****2p really works agaisnt zappa's summons and rushdowns...***Faust's best weapon against zappa****** -5k also helps out when it comes to him coming in from the air (and 6p) -2HS works great as a good poke and keeps zappa way -Far slash isn't that great agaisnt regular zappa since he is so low to the ground so make sure you don't use this until he either has the sword or ghost summoned -41236k isn't that great ether since zappa can run under it so using it in your zoning when he's trying to rush down isn't smart. *- very important -* do not exchange hits with zappa when he does his summons the more hits he gets from it regardless if you stopped the summon he gets orbs...3 a pop and that only means one thing...the closer the time is for blue man to come out *Raou* )-Ghosts-( -prob the most difficult thing to deal with next to raou - make sure to throw out items in during the holes of his strings - zappa is going to try from a medium to long range distance to shoot out ghosts since Faust's 2p is so deadly to zappa when he's close. so in order to counter this you need to start making him guess....use 214k and 214s and when he tries to predict do 214p just to screw around with him and let him know you can get to him and he can't just stand there and shoot ghosts all day....(*learning the frc's to these really helps and i insist on doing so since it takes away the option of getting hit*) -Far slash is really great at medium range if zappa tries any bouncing ghosts or air ghosts from that range so use this to keep those pesty ghosts away. -when the ghosts items are out you really have to pay attention since the banana peel is a low and the flower pot hover right over your head....the pebble is bad also since it covers the ground and any tiny jumps so make sure to block and react accordingly to avoid these things. )-Dog-( - Get in the air as mush as possible and throw exploding bags....makes sure you stay out of this things range because it can lead you into some nasty corner pressure and 2-3 unblockable setups. - when its hard to stay in the air which it is sometimes, wait for and opening and sneak in a 2p -also a very important tip...i know to some players this is obvious but after the dog attacks he has a period of time were it can be destroyed...he can also be killed when he starts sleeping and turns little...so make sure if a zappa player misses an attack with the dog make him pay for it and take it away... -2s is also a very good weapon agaisnt the dog because of it range and priority so if you see the dog trying to move it make it pay with a 2S or 2HS )-Sword-( -this is a very deceiving weapon of zappa's since it can change directions and can go from a high to a low very quickly....it also has a DP capibilty which can be very effective agaisnt your jump in's so be weary of the swords range and capability. - farslash really helps out agaisnt zappa in this mode because when doing moves with the sword his body moves to more of a standing position so his hitbox is a much better target than it was before . - i forget the name of the move but when zappa moves in with the sword and then sends it past your body you do have a chance to attack depending on three things 1.P-guard or instant block...this allows you to attack or jump out of this move since it has mix-up capabilities 2.slashback- it does the same thing as #1 but more risk invovled 3.5Dust....this is only for when he does this move too close...since the invicliblilty goes through the first part of the move and completly sends him up into the air for good damage and the loss of a summon. )-RAOU-( - block for god sakes block...you are not going to beat out RAOU he's wayyyyy too powerful...no risk is really worth it at all since the amount of damage you can deal compared to his is not even close. - try to keep your distance and score in some pokes and knockdowns and items really help out so be careful your not caught being retarded because you will eat some powerful attack in the face. - your best tactic against him is blocking you ass off and waiting for that scary fucker to go away.....oh yeah and don't be too scared also into completely blocking...if the zappa player is smart and realizes he can't mix you up with any high or lows...he just gonna run in and throw ya....this can't happen or you can kiss your life goodbye all in all i play against an excellent zappa player all the time and at first this match-up really annoyed me but now i am alot more comfortable with it and im not so confused when all these things that aren't mine are flying everywhere

Need advices against Buri and Venom. Generally Buri is above me, or too close. And Venom..ah.. I can't zone fulltime against him ><

Need advices against Buri and Venom.

Generally Buri is above me, or too close.

She does it, its called zoning, both Faust and Bridget do it well.

Since bridget is my main competition I'm going to post a writeup about this particular matchup, hope you can wait.

slayer isn't that bad just wait for him, his throw game isn't what it used to be and watch out for his force break upper and 6k....besides that throw bags and out poke him and confuse him with items.

his dust sweep gets beaten by jump 2k and dandy moves get beaten upclose by dust sweep or the last hit of 2k

also im sure they are trying to IAD heavy...for that situation predict it and give them a 5k or 6 punch.

pogo is not as safe anymore since of the new forcebreak upper pile bunker and mappa hit you off pogo now so try and not do the ground flower on pogo as much against slayer because all that does is make your hitbox larger

oh and whore out jump heavy....he hates that shit :)

5k against Slayer's IAD HS is beatdown for Faust -- I got focked up enough times trying that to know. 6P against Slayer seems better, but not by much; you'll most likely trade and both of you will take damage. Perhaps I can air throw, but I haven't tried it enough times to know for sure and I don't think Faust's air throw range is too great (anyone know?).

Sometimes if you find yourself near the corner with a Slayer player moving in (depending on circumstances, like lack of good items on screen) they can sometimes just whore that j.HS. And of course, they hit you once, you lose anywhere from 40% to half life or more while in general Faust may take off 25% off a random landed hit.

I'm just saying that this matchup isn't necessarily in Faust's favor; he needs to be on his toes 110%, reacting appropriately to Slayer's movements and zoning him the fock out like there's no tomorrow -- Slayer often only needs to get in three/four times to win the round.

Edit: Thinking back, maybe no so much IAD HS, but Slayer's BBC j.HS that you should be wary of. Either way, that crap is annoying and trying to 5k it is never a good idea.

is 236p the best way to deal with his nets? Generally if I see one go up i try th j.HS and get it out of there but will that leave me too open?

5k against Slayer's IAD HS is beatdown for Faust -- I got focked up enough times trying that to know. 6P against Slayer seems better, but not by much; you'll most likely trade and both of you will take damage. Perhaps I can air throw, but I haven't tried it enough times to know for sure and I don't think Faust's air throw range is too great (anyone know?).

Sometimes if you find yourself near the corner with a Slayer player moving in (depending on circumstances, like lack of good items on screen) they can sometimes just whore that j.HS. And of course, they hit you once, you lose anywhere from 40% to half life or more while in general Faust may take off 25% off a random landed hit.

I'm just saying that this matchup isn't necessarily in Faust's favor; he needs to be on his toes 110%, reacting appropriately to Slayer's movements and zoning him the fock out like there's no tomorrow -- Slayer often only needs to get in three/four times to win the round.

Edit: Thinking back, maybe no so much IAD HS, but Slayer's BBC j.HS that you should be wary of. Either way, that crap is annoying and trying to 5k it is never a good idea.

predict it as i put in

thats the only way you will be able to use it

there are certain siutation were slayer starts to create space from his opponents and the tries to IAD in

you have to find those holes and make him eat a 5k...just watch R.F fight a slayer and see how many counter hit 5k's he gets off

this matchup is bad but not horrible like say slayer vs po...thats a bad matchup

but you are right about the damage....stupid pokes for dummy life...he gets anything counter hit you can at least say goodbye to 30% of your health ...yeah slayer is that strong

the only way to win this is being patient and waiting for his openings

Hmm, I'm a Slayer player so maybe I can give some inputs. A good Slayer won't often use IAD j.H, since it's too slow. But yeah it's a good thing to always be ready to counter it with 5K. I think it's usually a good idea to use j.2K against Slayer. You can beat many of his moves with it. Always try to keep Slayer away. Don't use high-low mixups recklessly on him, since he can counter it really hard (with 6P, 2H, etc). When Slayer has 25% tension, do NOT throw out any air attack recklessly. Since he can just throw out BBU which has a VERY high reach and can somewhat HOME at his opponent.

Sign in to follow this