Sign in to follow this  
Zinac

Faust in Accent Core : Matchups

Hmm, I'm a Slayer player so maybe I can give some inputs.

A good Slayer won't often use IAD j.H, since it's too slow. But yeah it's a good thing to always be ready to counter it with 5K.

I think it's usually a good idea to use j.2K against Slayer. You can beat many of his moves with it.

Always try to keep Slayer away. Don't use high-low mixups recklessly on him, since he can counter it really hard (with 6P, 2H, etc).

When Slayer has 25% tension, do NOT throw out any air attack recklessly. Since he can just throw out BBU which has a VERY high reach and can somewhat HOME at his opponent.

j.2k is good but a good slayer will 6p and that will be counter hit and death will soon follow

good slayers do use iad heavy because faust has nothing to beat it ...remember faust isn't exactly speedy

i was fighting an damn good slayer this weekend and you need to wait him out and throw items...and rape

but everything he you said was pretty on point

I hate getting crappy items against Slayer (well anyone actually). Once they see that Faust threw out a donut/coin they typically start charging in. Of course, Faust has enough great normals to counter their offense, but he really needs to pick his spots well. Mistimed normals, accidentally whiffing a normal with recovery, getting caught while trying to super jump away... those are just some of the things that can go wrong. Scalpel pull is alright at times if they're full screen away though (e.g. you throw out a coin full screen and scalpel pull right after). Sorry I don't have much specific info. on the matchup. In general, bomb bags seem to be good (just as long as you don't start being stupid with it) as well as the occasional j.2k as someone mentioned. If you have chibi faust/chibi whatever on the ground, you may often catch them with a FDC HS or air throw as they try to jump over the item. Overall, I'd say it's more about noting how the other player likes to react to certain situations you put them in and how they generally react to your pressure and using that info. to predict and counter. I don't think Faust has anything really abusable against Slayer so this is what it'll come down to.

So I seem to be having some trouble with dizzy. What's the best way to keep pressure on her? The fishie-icicle-spinning scythe pwnz me >_<.

So I seem to be having some trouble with dizzy.

What's the best way to keep pressure on her? The fishie-icicle-spinning scythe pwnz me >_<.

Don't underestimate the power of far 5S and 2HS pressure. Properly space and time the attacks and she'll never get anything out, and she may air dash right towards you just begging to be air thrown.

Or... what?

Easy, stay at full screen range, throw items. If he tries to dash in, jump Drill Cancel > j.HS.

what happens when you run out of screen? i was doing this ok until i ran out of space; all i could think of was to run in and try to get him to not stuff my dash by using FD or 2D -> item. jump ins get owned. oh, and does 2P duck all the invincible DP type moves at range? i saw it can duck ky's. it'd be a good alternative to my 2K getting hit on oki.

I should have told you that Faust completely has the advantage over Axl as closing mid-range. Unless you're absolutely full screen, Axl's max range attacks punish everything you've got. I probally should have been less lazy too, and told you the real game plan. You don't sit at full screen range. The purpose of jumping Drill Canceling > j.HS is to "clear room" so to speak, so that you can run move in, keeping them from coming in on you. You can get alot of anti-air counter hits from running in afterwards if they air dash in. So basically the game plan is. Item, jump DrillCancel (low as possible to the ground), j.HS, buffer a run as you're landing. From here you have quite a bit of options depending on what they are doing. If you run in and want to be defensive you ofcourse got FD break, by holding 1, or 4 and FDing. If they run in you always have 5S and 2HS. They air dash in you got 5K, or even better 6P. Ofcourse you got 2D also. These are just the safest options, there are a few more. Obviously this stuff applies to everyone.

Any news on that Bridget match up Zinac? I play against a decent Bridget player that is plainly just better at zoning than I am. Any tips on this match up would be useful, especially dealing with the bears.

Be patient. Don't rush him down if he's on the just chill back and poke with j.HS. If he's too high, once again chill and throw out items. If bridget performs his j.421HS (the one where the bear falls and tackles you) you can take it out with 2K. This will prevent unblockable setups from Bridget. That's my 2-1/2 cents.

I don't know if this is entirely viable, but when I go full screen against dizzy I usually toss and item and immediately 214k (door behind them) because I always expect a fish or spikeything/whatever. Dizzy takes a long enough time to recover from doing the summon moves that I can usually get it off np.

More random advice: Zappa: I've confirmed he can control what summons he can get. Not much to say about this match-up other than practically never use scalpel as he can easily run under and punish, hit you with ghosts, or CH with sword for insane damage. It's best just to outpoke him and mixup with high-low j2k FD cancel into j.K or 2D as okizeme (all you ever need to worry about is his one super, which has like 30 frames of invulnerability). Against ghost you can crouch walk under the ones going straight across. Best bet against getting rid of them is either spam j2k FD cancel>j.HS or 214k door behind (only if he's mid to full screen consistently launching ghosts. Potemkin: 2K the entire match, it just beats him. Hits 3 times so it beats Hammerfall, and then you can combo into 2d>2S>5k>B&B. Or you can just block hammerfall, then do the same thing (unless he FRCS). 2K will clash with potemkin's butt (j.D) on the first hit, then you continue to hit him 2 more times out of it. as always you can crouch walk under 6HS or if you're feeling dangerous (and close enough) 5d through it. Just harrass and poke all game with j.HS (especially good when faust baby is out) as Potemkin's air mobility blows.

i really never ask for matchups but i really had a hard time agaisnt flashmetriod's !May! not his jam this weekend i really don't get this matchup because every jap vid i see Faust really beats may down i have a hard time stopping her jumpin's ..... her dolphins, grabs and crossups aren't my problem its the damn anchor when she's in the air.....any strats on her would be great because i'm having more trouble than i really should...fucking hate that bitch

i really never ask for matchups but i really had a hard time agaisnt flashmetriod's !May! not his jam this weekend i really don't get this matchup because every jap vid i see Faust really beats may down

i have a hard time stopping her jumpin's ..... her dolphins, grabs and crossups aren't my problem its the damn anchor when she's in the air.....any strats on her would be great because i'm having more trouble than i really should...fucking hate that bitch

Since I get to play a certain May player all the time, one to which Flashmetroid wishes he could be on level playing grounds with I'll tell you. Just don't screw with May's j.2HS Anchor, definently don't try to anti-air it. Even if you trade she gets to recover and air dash in for free overhead/land mixup. You also DON'T want to block it on the ground, she'll eat you alive with mixups from that. Faust is fat, so don't try to backdash if she's right under you, you'll just be giving her a chance to do a big damaging air combo. If she's coming right down on you, your only real chance is to to jump and flash guard the anchor.

May has one of the highest/quickest jumps in the game, so you're not going to stop her from jumping on reaction. Keep the jumping drill cancel j.HS going, and do j.2K to punish horizontal dolphins. Don't ever try to poke may with j.HS when you're inside her range, the counterhit damage is enormous. The whole point of the match for Faust is to stay at the range of his long attacks, don't ever let her get in. If she runs in and try to 3K you (the sliding sweep she does), block and you get a counter hit with 2HS to whatever (ReReRe, 236S)

So the #1 Rule with May is don't be tricked into anti-airing her. Don't let her dash in. Don't mess with her j.2HS!

I guess I'll get around to writing a proper matchup description soon.

I don't know if 2k against Pot for the "entire match" is a good idea. Faust needs to zone and stay away from Pot in general, but his slidehead will present problems in doing that -- 2k abuse will leave you vulnerable to slide>dash break>otg combo. I usually see a lot of j.h against any attempts to get in from Pot. I also see an occasional "random" 236s canceled into item or just hop off if it gets blocked. I'm guessing this is a preemptive attempt at stopping slidehead attempts from close/mid range. In general, I see a lot of zoning/turtling with items, "random" pogo, and j.H's. Anyone have thorough match experience with Pot? Does what I've described confirm your experience? Any detailed gamepla[finput][/finput]dvice against Pot? I also have problems with Axl (as one of the above poster) and Anji (yeah.. Anji). Basically, against Axl I try to do the usual zoning but I get stuffed out by random far pokes. If I get in mid range I have to deal with his 46 chain move, 2d, 5s or whatever. Anji... I get autoguard outta most offensive attempts by his many autoguard moves; if I get knocked down, I get rushed down by his mixups (and not knowing his general mixup patterns doesn't help either. fuck. I guess I gotta do more homework now and look into anji.). P.S. In certain cases, a well timed 5D can easily escape slidehead. For e.g., after pot buster potemkin tries to slidehead as you're waking up -- you see it coming and hit 5D.

with anji, block everything low. watch/listen for FB after fujin (the teleport forward fan attack). that's high, and his 3P (the overhead fan hit) has a lot of startup. but mostly watch for the FB. if he stops outside his normal range on oki, watch for the crossup stomp. instant guarding every butterfly is a must, if not SBing it. but usually you have to watch what he's doing anyway since he'll often leave no gap. usually just block low, since only the FB red butterfly is overhead now. if you can hit him, the butterfly disappears. your burst will probably want to go to a hit from the fujin FB. the stomps are high too, but they're pretty easy to see coming. in order to have any real pressure, anji needs knockdown so he can run you to the corner with a butterfly. from there, if you can poke him once, you pretty much alleviate all of his pressure. sometimes you can jump into the falling butterfly's first hit to escape. don't bomb bag too low to the ground, cause fujin is so common and the FB will eat you out of bomb baging. on the other hand, abusing jHS and 2HS from distance is very useful. just don't jump forward very often if at all. if you manage to create a big gap, whore it! there's not much he can do about it. but never force yourself to block a butterfly, that's just screaming "run in!" autoguard... hm... multi-hit moves (2k?) can beat it out sometimes, since they only autoguard for so many frames. unless he has the counter prepared. i tried beating his autoguard super with 5D :P i traded hits. i don't really know a reliable way to beat it other than tight pressure and not using the same move too much (all of them only autoguard high or low, not both). 2k can beat fujin easily because of its multiple hits (only the first part of HS fujin is invincible). it can also beat the jump after fujin and i think the low stomp. the high stomp will ruin you though, trading at best and bouncing you on CH.

With Sol, just play keepaway. Highjump bomb bags work great, as does the 2H. Just remember, never get hit by the GF, or you'll most likely take an assload of damage, and don't go up against the Volcaninc Vipaah!!!!! and you won't have to worry about him too much. I don't play Ky Very much, but I'd take a guess at an extremely offensive game, with an item at every opportunity since he'll likely spam stun edge and try to loop you in Greed Sever.

so, vs johnny, is it a good idea to just block his corner string, and FD the HS or 2HS to make him either waste coins or lose his corner pressure? i think if i stop trying to poke his coins i'll be good after that. i know it's possible to run and 2P-> combo since he'll most likely want to dash forward right after the coin, but what'd be the best reaction to a coin? anything other that IB/run 2P if predicted?

FD to get him off. try not to mash 2P everyone has that problem every and then. When he's far enough, 1 frame jump away. A 1 frame jump is jumping and immediately faultless defensing. In case you didn't know, jumping has start up, 4 frames I believe. By FDing early enough, the start will be nullified and you jump immediately. A good sign to see if you did this that you won't leave a trail of dust behind you like you would if you jumped normally.

Hm... maybe Sol you only need to outpoke him from mid and far range. There's not much thing that he can do against it. And if he uses GF, run from it!! Never get hit nor block. If you get hit->combo If you block, he'll Wild Throw you and do SW Loop. Against Johnny I don't have many idea o.o Generally he'll IAD attack you, or uses his ground pokes(MF, 3H, things like that =) If he uses coin, backash(or FD jump) And watch out for his tension bar. If he has more than 25% there's a chance that he'll use JH to get near.

vs Sol :

- don't spam far S

- always be ready to anti-air

- always be ready to use handslap FB (since Sol like to use 2D)

Highjump bomb bags work great

I'm not sure about using it vs Sol, well maybe it shouldn't be used much.

I've always done the bags, but that may be because I play against not so good people. My best competition is an Axl who mops the floor with me, and that's about it. I really need to play some better people :gonk:

against anji if anyone was still wondering, FB slap works great, since it dodges lows as well as fujin! 2k is a good answer to a lot of things, including many autoguards. i figured out today that you can beat his high stomp easily with 2k if you make it clash on the first hit (anji still in the air), you can cancel to 5H; i forget if it's immediately or after the 2nd hit. 5H will out prioritize the rest of the stomp. free item then whatever (chase, jH, etc). 6P does not beat the stomp (yeah, WTF?) and 5K definitely will not. anji's 3P isn't a big deal, unless it's on CH or very close (but him being so close should have alerted you anyway). anji 5K -> 3P is a mixup they can use in a pinch. forget the left/right mixups. they didn't help me at all, i got autoguarded almost every time. again, 2K! it has a good chance to eat his autoguard if he tries to challenge. 2K/2P is also a good autoguard eater mixup, since 2K starts mid and 2P is only low. bomb bags are useful at mid range as long as you cover yourself with the threat of your air normals. don't try to 5K AA unless you KNOW he will be close to the ground 5K is mostly useless for this match, it gets beaten by several of his air moves. after pushing anji out from his block string, 2P at long(ish) range is pretty effective. if he's too close, he can probably beat you for big damage.

Sign in to follow this