Sign in to follow this  
Zinac

Faust in Accent Core : Matchups

What are the best ways to AA Eddie (if possible)? His j. HS? (maybe) always trades with my 6P. Is it just I need to do it earlier or should I used 5K/2K or something else? Also, how about Moroha A.B.A.? I know her pokes will kill me for the most part, but is there any way to AA her (consistently, not just guessing)? Against Jam (in case people might be interested): -DON'T 2P unless it's part of an offensive string. She will kill you otherwise. -Only throw items in a verified opening or else sometimes at full screen -Stand back when doing most oki games (about 2S --> 2HS range). She has way too many options on wake-up -j.HS can save you tons a trouble in the air. In addition, AA options usually work (6P,5k, 2K, etc.) as long as you did it early. -Most importantly, be prepared to wait around: Jam's pressure string can and will go for a long long time. Jam's a "where did my life go" character like Faust.

I really want to know what Faust can do to punish Baiken's counters? I have tried baiting them with a standing punch or cr.P but in the end I can never find anything to punish her with afterwards. Several times I have done a far S or cr.HS after the sword counter but she is apparently invincible during it. Most of the time to beat them I just have to milk Dusts invinciblity for all its worth or for the far counter just do something that takes her out but thats all I know.

easiest thing to do is stand at max length of 5.S and if they block wait for that new counter of hers, and then 2S to punish. You can also use dust ofcourse. At this distance thats really the only counter that can touch you.

Against Jam (in case people might be interested):

-DON'T 2P unless it's part of an offensive string. She will kill you otherwise.

-Only throw items in a verified opening or else sometimes at full screen

-Stand back when doing most oki games (about 2S --> 2HS range). She has way too many options on wake-up

-j.HS can save you tons a trouble in the air. In addition, AA options usually work (6P,5k, 2K, etc.) as long as you did it early.

-Most importantly, be prepared to wait around: Jam's pressure string can and will go for a long long time. Jam's a "where did my life go" character like Faust.

2p is fine to use but 2k is wayy better

also watch out for her 6p it will beat out alot of your moves esp. the 41236k

time 2k for every single one of her dash in's wether it be the ground slide or the puffballs time it to were the last hit just hits her and it will even beat out the force breaks puff balls

anti-air with 6p and 5k along with f.d.c HS...this match isn't 2 hard i give flashmetriod a bunch of trouble with my faust so yeah faust has this matchup pretty well just make sure you block and don't try to j. 2k her FB puffs cause you'll die

oh yeah and watchout for that damn dustsweep.. she's got a faust only combo that starts off with it and it can take some big life away.

i really never ask for match-ups but i really had a hard time against flash metriod's !May!...fucking hate that bitch

When I watch videos and see May vs Faust I notice one particular thing. Which I try to create often when playing Zinac. (Thanks for the compliments Chase) Faust has a REALLY hard time Anti-Air-ing J.HS at max range, and J.2HS from the back. Chase's input is right. Don't mess with May's air normals, just jump, instant block and get out with another jump or air dash FB or whatever. Whatever you do DON'T give her a counter hit. She feeds on those. If you are REALLY worried about eating certain May mix-ups, just one frame jump and FD. You can't suffer from OHK, or air combos. All May gets here is an Air Throw.

If your trying to beat peter... hmmm. His Guilty Gear skills are exceptional, his Jam is elite, but his May is beatable. Keep at it, Faust can prevail.

what's the general game plan or strategy when playing against testement? this match up is really tough for me, especially the exe (front and rear) pressure.

what's the general game plan or strategy when playing against testement?

this match up is really tough for me, especially the exe (front and rear) pressure.

I would watch out for whiffing any long recovering normals mid screen, such as far.5S and 2HS, and whiffing 2P and 2S in close range because of Testament's 2HS invulnerability. Just try not to mess with it really.

As far as forward EXE beast goes you got 2 options, 214.D Force Break, which will go over it, and you can also just go ahead and jump over it if you expect it coming, and just head on over to Testament to give him a nice how-dee-do.

Rear EXE beast, if testament is close he's going to try to push you into his over head, so make sure to watch out and block it high. If he's full screen away, just block/jump over it.

You don't want to get stuck guarding mixup after being hit by skull. So if you're not expecting a setup, go ahead and block the skull to get it over with!

Take out the nets as Testament places them with j.HS and j.S, and sometimes back.

Don't get stuck up in the air bouncing, getting hit by net after net. You'll eventually eat a skull.

This generally works for me, but ofcourse like usual, my strat could have flaws.

thanks for the tips zinac. a couple of other questions... what should i generally be trying to pressure him with? because he seems to simply beat a lot of my moves with his. his 2hs as you've already mentioned is a problem due to its invincibility, but his other long range pokes are giving me trouble as well. also what range should i be trying to stay at with him? like close range, just inside 5s range... or what?

1 Question ppz- Venom? I searched the entire thread and saw 1 guy ask with absolutely no replies- does anyone actually play against any really GOOD venoms and know how to deal with him? Easily my hardest matchup for faust

At the tourney last weekend I played against Millia, and I ended up trading a lot of hits and eating a lot of counters from her, any tips?

If you know Millia has her hairpin on her don't try to anti-air her because she will dash in, throw the pin, and if you try to AA her you'll eat a pin and a free combo.

I don't have experience against Millia, but what I know is: - she can beat almost all of your pokes at ground because she's much quicker than you =p - she's fairly strong on air... but you'll have to rely on it You'll have to play a game of patience with paper bags and air pokes(FDC j.H?), and be careful to not let her get too close, when she starts her game.

1 Question ppz- Venom? I searched the entire thread and saw 1 guy ask with absolutely no replies- does anyone actually play against any really GOOD venoms and know how to deal with him? Easily my hardest matchup for faust

For Venom:

On ground games, train urself to react immediately when he does his pool ball set ups, as soon as u see the animation of his arm moving and getting ready to throw a ball do 41236k immediately. I found after playin alot of venoms (even black snake) they;ll at least 75% chance get hit by it. Even if they try to back dash right after it will hit them, they'll try to jump but it will hit them and make them fall or the favorable outcome u'll get the full hit.

You can always walk under the pool balls when theyre travelling over the ground and use faust's 2p to at least stop his chain of combos to continue.

Try to bait out the ball set ups, Jump high in the air but not tohigh because you want to see venom and air dash as soon as you see Venom seting up the pool balls, again train urself to react on that and hit the 236d into whatever combo you please.

I know venom takes a long time to finish his string of attacks, but just be patient, just block them because eventually u'll get the space required to do ur 5s or 2hs again. There are times when venom attack string finishes and the opponent would obviously want to start it again with another ball setup, as soon as u see that set up learn to react on that.

learn to dash back or jump out when u see venom doing that dive kick thingy he does or if u must u can even do 5k, ull mostly likely get hit but it will trade and ull send venom to the other corner, at least this way u get back the zoning space u want.

I'm a newb, who can't beat Bridget, please laugh at me! :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

I'm a newb, who can't beat Bridget, please laugh at me!

:blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

Damn Kyle, you're a funny guy. But no nonsense on these forums :eng101:

I find may has alot of frame advantage over faust is there some good hints agianst her ?

If may is on top of you don't even think about attacking unless you're instant blocking. Just be patient, she can't stay on top of you forever. But for the most part it is your job to prevent her from getting near you in the first place. Remember jHS owns all (unless she's close to you then you'll eat a CH jHS from her for free). And items items items items. I know this is limited info but I'm serious. May has too much priority against Faust upclose. Especially air to air. However Faust's 6P if done early enough can beat out an airborne May. Keep that in mind as well.

Sign in to follow this