Sign in to follow this  
Zinac

Faust in Accent Core : Matchups

Against Testament I've memorized some of his patterns(other people that aren't as good as the one I usually plays fuck their strings, and I'm always fucked by this XD) If I'm on the other edge of the screen he immediately exe beast me to get near, so I have to rush him first(which, if I do this correctly, isn't so bad) If he starts his string pressure, just wait for a opportunity. Once he gets far from you you can start your string pressure. And be aware when doing your okizeme: if he has 50% tension or more it's almost certain that he'll use Nightmare Circular(his only wake up move besides... defending himself)

slayer is too god damn hard his j.HS still often beats fausts 6p, 2HS beats nearly all fausts pokes and CH's for a combo, after 5k x 4 sjc.mappa he gets a mix up of 2p or grab, if you jump you get hit by 2p into combo and if you dont his grab beats all your fastest pokes for another combo help please

6P will be out jHS if you do it on anticipation and do it early enough. It can compete with it. You fastest poke is 5P. Use this in your block strings or at the beginning of a match sparingly. Although Slayer's pressure is scary with all the mixups and all it has a lot of holes. Instant blocking and 1-frame jumping out is your friend for getting out faster. That's all I can really give but I hope atleast 1 thing helps. =/

Let's talk about Roboky for a moment. I faced M.Song last tourney and I felt helpless there was some advice early on in this thread. The biggest problem that I faced was in an attempt to keep him out he would throw rockets, is the best thing to do is run under them? That combined with his general randomness is very confusing as a matchup. Advice?

6P will be out jHS if you do it on anticipation and do it early enough. It can compete with it. You fastest poke is 5P. Use this in your block strings or at the beginning of a match sparingly.

Although Slayer's pressure is scary with all the mixups and all it has a lot of holes. Instant blocking and 1-frame jumping out is your friend for getting out faster.

That's all I can really give but I hope atleast 1 thing helps. =/

Yeah if 6p hits high or far it often wins but when he's IAD'ing or deep j.HS he always gets CH.

5p does help but his mix ups between 6k/2k/5k and command throw are insane, you can crouch forward to duck under mappa but when the other player knows this you end up crouch walking into a combo.

His dandy step also moves out of your 5s range. crosswise heel is incredibly hard to punish with anything worthwile when he hits it at max range plus it's invincibility goes through your burst/6p and still hits for a combo. If you try and 2d dandy steps he hits pilebunker.

Let's talk about Roboky for a moment.

I faced M.Song last tourney and I felt helpless there was some advice early on in this thread.

The biggest problem that I faced was in an attempt to keep him out he would throw rockets, is the best thing to do is run under them? That combined with his general randomness is very confusing as a matchup.

Advice?

For those missles the robo-ky gets, always run under it if you can and grab him. Just keep doing it all the time, i have found that it will kind of make them change their attack string and really when thats gone its like fighting ky regularly and zone.

Searched this thread and initially didn't find anything, sorry if i missed it! Anyone got some tips for playing against Order Sol? One of the characters I'm against most frequently and I always fall into his pace under the pressure. Since he reads dustloop aswell and the OR matchup vs Faust said "keep pressure" so that is what he does. Most often I'm relying on counters, 5K,2S for dashins and 6P for high jumps but that's all standard crap. I'm not that great with zoning yet so really that's my main prob I would guess. Having a hard time keeping him away. So anything special about this matchup that I can utilize besides 5K is awesome against OR's low airdash? Oh, and Slayer is gay! Can't beat him for the world, stupid faust hitbox xD

IB his strings, and interrupt with 5P > Knockdown combo. It's not going to do good damage, but it's really easy to Oki on him (early 2k to bait out Strum Viper). Superjump bag is ok in this match too. Don't get too cocky, since you are huge, and he can do big combos on you he can't do on anyone else. Slayer is pretty hard to fight against, but one thing to always remember is NEVER USE THE SCALPEL PULL, UNLESS YOU COMBO INTO IT WITH A CH 2H or 6H, OR IF THEY ARE CROUCHING WHEN YOU HIT WITH EITHER ONE. Seriously, 6P, BBU, sometimes DOT will beat you, and that usually means upwards of 50% life. Your DC'd j.H is a lifesaver, but he can, and will punish every slow move you pull out. Pretty much, no random 2H or 6H, unless you REALLY think it's worth the risk. Play this one really cautious, and you might find it's tough, but still a plausable match.

About Order Sol, just don't let him charge. Once he gets a lvl3 he'll be almost unstopable x.x His RI/BRP/BHB/GB at lvl3 gives him a huge advantage, and if it hits, huge damage x.x But he sucks against zoning. Throw itens whenever you can =] And try to poke with 2H or f.S. About Slayer... I hate this match up x.x 2H can beat Dandy Step /o/ Otherwise... 6P/BBU/DoT are horrible x.x Generally I go on Drill against him air-to-air /o/(don't do what I do XD) At pogo stance(I'm using this a lot nowadays) I wait for him, and when he got near I bait a hit standing there/throwing itens, and then 66->GMW. This needs a lot of timming and match up knowledge x.x(and luck. probably this doesn't work against Pile Bunker and Crosswise Heel)

Against O.Sol, when he charges, make sure you're WITHIN range of scalpel pull because you don't want to miss and then eat damage. On reaction, you can do 214 D when he does Fafnir. 2HS is definitely the Slayer tamer. Controlling space is good since there's not much Slayer can do about it except Dstep and just sit there and chillax. Basically, give HIM problems. The (2HS 5P) x N blockstring works really good. They'll look for an opportunity out of it and that's when you punish them. And unless he has meter, pogo stance is pretty safe if you can abuse inv frames on 66 and 44. IE: they do Dstep, you do 66.

Against O.Sol, when he charges, make sure you're WITHIN range of scalpel pull because you don't want to miss and then eat damage.

So obvious, but when he cancels the charge with his flames I get hit and he's starting to learn the timing for that baiting a scalpel pull, resulting in knockdown for me and he can close the gap to resume divine pressure.

On reaction, you can do 214 D when he does Fafnir.

React to Fafnir? :psyduck: That shit is way to fast

Anyway, the casuals went horrible. Of about 40 matches (best out of 5 duels) I won 1 whole match. But then again I did note alot of horrible mistakes that could lead to dmg on my part. Having a hard time against OR's rocket, since he goes under atleast 5K and I think he goes under f.S aswell. Guess I have to use 2HS more there. But it's still a good move to close gap for OR and bring him in my face. Also overestimated 5K in this matchup not using 6P to counter IAD's enough. Also had some issues throwing out items safely but that's probably just me needing to get my pokes in order.

Sorry for wall of text, I'll go back to work now :vbang:

Having a hard time against OR's rocket, (...) and I think he goes under f.S aswell.

No, it doesn't go under f.S. Rock It is a mid attack. The problem is that Rock It is much quicker than f.S, at least at mid/short range.

If you can time it correctly you'll get or a clash, or you'll beat him(so don't do this XD)

If I get into this kind of situation I'd jump and keep throwing bomb bags XD

At the start of the round, keep distance from him(prefer jumping, as HOS has one of the quickest dashes in the game), and throwing items. Whenever he jumps pinish him with 5K or 6P(I think 5K is better). At the ground punish with 2H.

I can't think of something simplier than that x.x

My new biggest problem is against Chipp. He's damn too quick, and I just can't throw him before he throws me =p (maybe the problem is how I approach him)

2HS is definitely the Slayer tamer. Controlling space is good since there's not much Slayer can do about it except Dstep and just sit there and chillax. Basically, give HIM problems. The (2HS 5P) x N blockstring works really good. They'll look for an opportunity out of it and that's when you punish them. And unless he has meter, pogo stance is pretty safe if you can abuse inv frames on 66 and 44. IE: they do Dstep, you do 66.

Not to rain on your parade but 2HS is not the slayer tamer

that is an extremely risky move, like i have said before, a slayer who knows what to do against faust is not gonna be slowed down like that.

you cannot in no way sit there and chill-ax, slayer gives you problems if he is not taken care of early and strict zoning is applied immediately he will be all over you like johnny on Hanna Montana

Even if he doesn't have meter you do not want to be on pogo stance because of crosswise heel.

Basically what you need to do is stuff his IAD HS with 5k, his over head attacks from the air with 6p and cautiously use 2HS, and ZONE ZONE ZONE

Good Example:http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=k5fN5Hmh_uk

any items that float in the air(mini robo,mini faust) are good to lock down the air because it stops his IAD and make him jump higher and he's easier to anit-air or go to the ground which isn't that much better but you can punish alot of his ranged moves(k-mappa and k-dandy) by just blocking low and punish

....wait if you miss any of these your life is gonna go bye bye and you have to deal with his wake-up game

Good Example:http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=9BwAkWDANKc

you literally have to play fucking perfect for Faust not to be in trouble or the slayer you are playing against is a retard...which is always Fun:keke:

My new biggest problem is against Chipp. He's damn too quick, and I just can't throw him before he throws me =p (maybe the problem is how I approach him)

Hopefully I'm playing against a Chipp this saturday/sunday and give my 2 cents on the matchup. Can't remembering having too much trouble. Indeed he's damn quick but once you get ahold of him he dies real fast.

My general tactic was zoning with alot j.HS and try to block everything he threw at me when teleporting in along with trying to get some counters in. Didn't play too offensive.

i'll be playing shinquickman(Chipp Player) saturday and sunday so i'll give my info on it also

Hey, vs Zappa, keep in mind that he naturally ducks under fS, can run under the scalpel pull/other command throw, and generally runs under everything ever, even bag throw. If he even THINKS of trying to mix you up, do your stupid 2k. It'll hit him whether he's behind you, in front, whatever. Auto-turnarounds, hits when it doesn't... That move is too good v Zappa. Who is Faust's worst match-up, btw? My friend plays Faust, but since I play Zappa, I kind of duck under everything ever, so he doesn't use moves he should v every other character. I want to play whoever gives him a hard time to help him improve faster. Unless it's Eddie/I-No/someone who takes equal dedication. I still main Zappa, and he takes a LOT of time to practice as is. Still, anything to help him improve. I figure if he can beast his worse match-ups, he won't have to worry too much. :D

Faust's worst match up? For me it's Slayer, as there aren't even one Millia to play against. But I hate a lot of chars, like Chipp and May x.x Eddie can be even.

4Corners: Millia is bad because of her speed and lock-down, she also dodges like zappa can under certain moves that makes Faust's zoning game go from good to crappy, this impies exactly the same for chipp except for he can get into your face instantaneously. About Slayer: i dunno who Co is im guessing Colorado but yea faust can do well against slayer when you zone him but don't think that he's not going to get in.....any slayer that knows how to fight faust will find a way to get in then the match-up goes from a 5-5 to a 7-3 in slayers favor. just look at post #139 on pg 14 that should explain most of it. you wanna give him a hard time? play with May , i fucking hate that dumb bitch

No Chipp for me this weekend. Though I played Potemkin, Order-Sol and Slayer yet again. Worked alot better than last weekend when I started to get my drill cancels down. Biggest problems is spacing correct for pokes and not getting stuck in corner cause once you're there, you're dead. Think I spammed a bit to much f.S and 2K this session but 2K worked out so great for me especially against Slayer and Potemkin. After getting some more sh1t down, like spacing, hopefully I'll do alot better. Anyone got link(s) to FA vs OR vids? I've only found one and Faust get's raped.

Millia wins because of pin fucking up all your aa(which it does for anybody) and that any button she hits anti airs you, you can not fight from the air unless it is air to air which is crucial. Also she has some pretty nasty fuzzy guard setups on faust.:psyduck: I have not lost to a millia yet though, testament/eddie are the only matchups I wish I got more practice in.

Hey. I am kinda new to this game. I just need know the Match up against robo ky, A.B.A, ino and Zappa with Faust.

alot of robo kys like jump and throw missle, get under them as quick as u can and punish, theres alot of mix upps faust can do, and jump ib if the missle do get in contact with u, those robo ky command grabs own hard core

Even in the air u can bait outthat stupid misle thing he does and air dash FB right away, it has worked alot for me but i only face local robo kys here :v:

This info is helpful. :)

Faust's Hardest match is easily Millia. You can't zone, and she beats you up close.

Na Eddie i think is prob the worst, your hitbox won't allow you to escape eddie pressure and you cannot get knocked down once

Millia at least you have some type of breathing room and a knockdown won't end your round....but against eddie your fucking done.

after eddie it's prob a toss up between chipp, may, and anji

Sign in to follow this