Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Caer-caveral

AC: Matchup discussion

anyone have any tips against axl and eddie?

For Axl, range is his primary weapon, as soon as he zones and begins to spam 2s to stop your IAD, or 5s to set off your zenist, start setting up hitomis. Don't jump so much, and never forget the range of his pokes for Anti air, they stop testament dead center. If anything be safe but draw Axl close to you. Pressure with Hitomi, and PS if he is to far away. Keep press strings open and awake with S barney, Mix up the strings such as 5s, 6p, 5s, 2hs, beast, 5s, ZENIST/6P/2k, either or whatever will keep him in close touch with you. If he has you cornered, wait for him to make a mistake, HS barney is alot of help, including

5S from afar. Axl's primary strategy is his range, go for sweeps and PS's constantly to keep him from spamming out 5s to stop your attempts of getting in close.

As for Eddie, avoid Knockdown, if you do jump in on him or IAD, set up a zenist just before you land, if Eddie is getting up it will stop him in his tracks. Set up Hitomis to keep eddie from rushing you down, usually P PS works well in close situations especially if you have a hitomi between the PS, and Eddie itself. Remember, Barney eats Eddie, so don't be scared to use it. Just keep an eye out for his knockdowns, space out Hitomi and try to keep PS consistant.

Any tips against Ky? i hate that fucker since he has a lot of priority and his projectiles wreck my traps.

I think this has been stated, but Nightmare circular overrides at least one hit of projectiles and still hits from nearly 100% screen away. If he's spamming them, either NC on reaction or in a string which always ends with stun edge (fireball).

also, a counter will hit him from most distances, but make sure to FRC if he's trying to bait the counter.

learn to block stun dipper (slide move) and greed saber(overhead), both are unsafe on block (which also means the ky player shouldn't be throwing these out anyway, but if he is he's going to eat a combo). Greed saber can be 5P'd out of if you're quick enough on reflexes, or just 2S'd afterwards...stun dipper can also be punished with 2S, so if you block either- 2S, 2D, forward EXE FRC, 6K badlands (or dash k->air combo 1 hit). Beware late RC's on the second hit though, as he'll always have the advantage.

5P like always will beat pretty much any air assault he has.

trees are your friend

forward exebeast is your friend

poison is your friend

I recently lost to a good Dizzy in the semi-finals of a ranking battle and I really need help because I have absolutely no idea about how to fight properly against her in AC. :gonk: My main problem is zoning/approach, the fish totally fucks up my zoning game, S EXE is effective to counter this only with a lot of anticipation but if I mistime it, I'm screwed... I tried to rush her with a dash and then 6K but it didn't work that much. Also her pressure seems nearly impossible to counter, I can't rely on HS EXE, Warrant or NC because that damn fish will always eat my attack... If you guys have tips on how to fight Dizzy it would be greatly appreciated. Hopefully, vids of that Ranking will come out soon so that you'll be able to point out what was wrong in that particular match I lost. ^^

Heh, yeah Dizzy, this is kind of my forte :v: After getting used to her in Slash, it's really hard to adjust to her in AC. You used to be able to rush her down madly, but not so much anymore. Anyway, first off, fishes are of course the main problem in this match as they mess up so much of your game. However, as long as no fish is out I'd like to say that you have the advantage. Make full use of this. It's possible to stop her from summoning most of the time as long as you're not knocked down, but as you yourself said, this demands anticipation from your side. If she's far away, be ready with an EXE, otherwise far S. If she does get one out, and she will, it's mainly about patience. If the Dizzy player allows it, you can often punch the fish when it gets close, but this may be an invitation to pain so be careful. Try to leave out traps likely to kill off the fish. A P skull is very good for this. Nets actually quite rarely work since it's too big a chance that either the fish or Dizzy will eat them. Trees take out fishes well if Dizzy rushes with it, but then you'll still have a rampaging Dizzy who did not get hit by the tree. If you can't destroy the fish, try to get past it quickly and pressure on Dizzy. You can start off with getting under it with 2HS or something like that. The fishes turn around now which is really annoying, so be sure you keep moving once you're past. Quite often though, you will be forced to simply block the assault if it's fish-covered. In these cases, just be patient, especially when you're in the corner. Unlike many other characters, Dizzy has no really good way of resetting a pressure string. This means if you can block an assault for the entirety of the time the fish is out, you will most often get out and you're back to neutral. Blocking Dizzy is not insanely hard, but harder than it used to be. the main problem is that you have to always be on your guard for throws while you block. Have full concentration, and you have a good chance of getting out alive. Remember, one hit and Dizzy will get a clean pressure reset on you. Oh right, there is actually one chance to get out of her pressure. If she throws out a fish and does an IAD, you will often have time to get out under her with a GD (that will hit the fish). The important part is that she must be high enough, or you're dead. Try it out but use with caution. Anyway, at neutral, the things you need to look out for are mainly j2S and jS, the last only because it will pretty much always reach you. Dizzy's ground game isn't very strong, especially with the nerfed 2D, but she is far more dangerous in the air. With correct spacing it is possible to take out a j2S with a 5P, but don't count on it. That move owns most everything. I prefer to battle Dizzy air to air. jD is very good for this, an can be thrown out either as a shield or as a (very) long distance IAD attack. jS beats her pretty good for most air battles. For anticipated jumps/air dashes, I prefer to dash and do jump and jK. If you guessed wrong you often have time to recover and dash back. A note for comboing Dizzy: You can pretty much only BL-loop her if started from a tk BL. Don't even try otherwise. She is however the easiest character to get a sideswitch on, thus making up for the previous flaw. I suggest the following combo for max damage and setup from a corner hit on Dizzy. It's pretty easy on her: corner starter combo to 2D > HS EXE FRC > jHS > jD > BL 1-hit > HS > Net > dash > jS > jHS > BL 1-hit > (land in the corner) > HS > Net > tk BL > 236P To sum up: Try to keep her from getting a fish out. While under pressure, be patient. It will end soon enough. Don't rely too heavily on traps while in neutral because they are quite easy to disarm and you might give her a free opening while planting them. Concentrate more on poking as you generally have the advantage there.

Thanks Caer for the tips, I'll have to try this. Good point about the P-skull, I knew it was useful to counter Eddie's shadow but I never thought about it as a counter to Dizzy's fish. ^^'

Wow, great guide! One of my friends who I play against regularly just sort of switched to Dizzy all of a sudden. I was totally boggled by it and I can speak from the experience and say that traps at neutral are indeed quite ineffective and often dangerous. He seemed to be able to cover so much ground and do it safely while I was trying to trap, which was baaad news. Thanks a ton Caer!

I've been having problems with Order Sol as of late and would like some advise on that match up. I attempt to play against him in the same fashion I would Sol but I seem to be baited out by OS's slower attacks. After a bit into a match I'll start catching on to various pressure strings to find holes for a counter hit to BL or knockdown when I run out of tension for my own pressure yet I think that it's my own bad judgment calls that lead into being counterhit comboed. Also his Forcebreak seems to stuff a lot of my ranged attacks like 2D or f.S if not trade hits with me getting the short end of the stick on that huge damage move. As far as I can tell they have learned to be safer one their jump ins on wake up since I tend to grab them out of some strings, and OS's 214S (I think. It's the move he crosses over to the other side with pillars of fire). In either case some insight on this match up would be greatly appreciated.

Testament is like one of, if not THE worst matchup for HOS, same as in Slash.

Testament can zone him for free. Zeinest, HITOMI, front and back EXE beasts, phantom souls...these are all an absolute nightmare for HOS to try and deal with. Then you have 5S(f), 6K and 6HS to keep HOS at bay. Bear in mind HOS needs to get up close for his damage you have a ton of options for keeping him out. Fafnir and Lv2/3 BRP are the prominent high/low options HOS has from mid range, but he can only combo off Fafnir from a certain range (too far out and he'll get nothing, just the knockdown) and Lv2/3 BRP requires gauge and a clear path ahead of him (no traps) so it's not like these are really viable options. He has a new 5S(f) but that only leads to damage on CH and with 50% Tension. RI can be used to pass thru Zeinests on the ground but trades with front EXE beasts and gets wasted by HITOMI.

Fafnir can be stuffed by tons of things (it's happened to me countless times) the only thing you need to know about Fafnir is that you block it low, it has good range and it can be used to punish gaps in block strings.

Consider a simple setup like:

HITOMI, backdash, HITOMI, K Phantom Soul

How can HOS approach through this?

HOS basically has to play defensively and try to bait whiffs out of Testament. Once he gets in, he needs to mix things up and keep the pressure on. If he gets pushed too far out or knocked down, all that hard work of getting in has to start all over again.

Check out this match from the G23 matches:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4X1pgnnAmk

Granted it's Shonen playing but 0 has to work so hard to even get up close to him. That's literally how it is with any Testament-HOS fight.

Another good (silly) example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOzME52CB9c

That's actually how I started playing. I've been doing a lot better against OS and catch my own mistakes but have them covered. Only problems I have nowadays would be against Jam (I play about the same I would against OS but a lot less moves thrown out and more guard meter building) and Venom. Jam I can manage against most of the time but I think it's just the lack of experience against Venom. Thnx for the reply LM

Testament is like one of, if not THE worst matchup for HOS, same as in Slash.

Testament can zone him for free. Zeinest, HITOMI, front and back EXE beasts, phantom souls...these are all an absolute nightmare for HOS to try and deal with. Then you have 5S(f), 6K and 6HS to keep HOS at bay. Bear in mind HOS needs to get up close for his damage you have a ton of options for keeping him out. Fafnir and Lv2/3 BRP are the prominent high/low options HOS has from mid range, but he can only combo off Fafnir from a certain range (too far out and he'll get nothing, just the knockdown) and Lv2/3 BRP requires gauge and a clear path ahead of him (no traps) so it's not like these are really viable options. He has a new 5S(f) but that only leads to damage on CH and with 50% Tension. RI can be used to pass thru Zeinests on the ground but trades with front EXE beasts and gets wasted by HITOMI.

Fafnir can be stuffed by tons of things (it's happened to me countless times) the only thing you need to know about Fafnir is that you block it low, it has good range and it can be used to punish gaps in block strings.

Consider a simple setup like:

HITOMI, backdash, HITOMI, K Phantom Soul

How can HOS approach through this?

HOS basically has to play defensively and try to bait whiffs out of Testament. Once he gets in, he needs to mix things up and keep the pressure on. If he gets pushed too far out or knocked down, all that hard work of getting in has to start all over again.

Check out this match from the G23 matches:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4X1pgnnAmk

Granted it's Shonen playing but 0 has to work so hard to even get up close to him. That's literally how it is with any Testament-HOS fight.

Another good (silly) example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOzME52CB9c

i strongly disagree with your opinion on that matchup in slash. order sol can basically win the ground by doing rockit over and over, it kills zeinests, beats/counterhits your normals and warrant, beats exe beast attempts, to even have hitomi be a threat it has to be planted already at a certain distance from you to even work when you guard it. the only thing that you can do is ib it and try to jump away or time a perfect psychic 5hs between ibs both of which options are risky and suck. zeinests are always waste of time to plant vs him strategically because of his hitboxes and speed, and not a single normal attack you have will beat his jump hs or even worse iad hs. in ac the matchup is different for obvious reasons.

So you're saying Lv1 RI wins HOS this matchup in Slash?

I'll have to say I strong disagree with your opinions on the match up then, as would all other HOS players.

RI beats/CHs your normals? From my experience RI can get stuffed by tons of things close up if used recklessly and that's still the same in AC. 6K eats Lv1 RI for breakfast. For a laugh I just put on Slash and set HOS to do Lv1 RI repeatedly a few times. It's easy to Warrant it on reaction. I even stuffed it up close with 5HS. Yes it'll go thru multiple zeinests on the ground but HITOMI will kill it (if used correctly). You don't even need to plant zeinests strategically against him that much since "any" zeinest planted in anyway is an obstacle for him to get around (mashing j.P is literally what he had in Slash, still does, tho the new 5S(f) helps). Air zeinests can stop his j.HS and air aprroach in general easily and 6K can punish predictable IAD (admittedly it's tight).

I'd suggest you take a look here;

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1281&page=13

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1281&page=17

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1281&page=18

then if you want take it up in the HOS forum you'll see every single HOS player has a bitch of a time fighting Testament, especially in Slash since HOS had a terrible weakness against being zoned out then. He still does but at least now he has some better midrange options.

In a way parts of the matchup in AC have become easier (HOS now has 5S(f) and Fafnir, as well as Charge Keep and Charge Cancel) but Testament's zoning is now even better against him.

So you're saying Lv1 RI wins HOS this matchup in Slash?

I'll have to say I strong disagree with your opinions on the match up then, as would all other HOS players.

RI beats/CHs your normals? From my experience RI can get stuffed by tons of things close up if used recklessly and that's still the same in AC. 6K eats Lv1 RI for breakfast. For a laugh I just put on Slash and set HOS to do Lv1 RI repeatedly a few times. It's easy to Warrant it on reaction. I even stuffed it up close with 5HS. Yes it'll go thru multiple zeinests on the ground but HITOMI will kill it (if used correctly). You don't even need to plant zeinests strategically against him that much since "any" zeinest planted in anyway is an obstacle for him to get around (mashing j.P is literally what he had in Slash, still does, tho the new 5S(f) helps). Air zeinests can stop his j.HS and air aprroach in general easily and 6K can punish predictable IAD (admittedly it's tight).

testament cannot warrant rockit, 6k against iad is a losing situation for obvious reasons, it must be out in a psychic timing with low reward into damage for guessing considering the risk. about stuffing rockit with normals, it is the same case as with stopping his iad with 6k, high risk guessing to get something out earlier enough to beat it with low reward and high chance of getting counter hit or iaded instead. in a real match it is not possible to react to and counter effectively with those things.

What do you mean you can't Warrant RI? I just sat and warranted RI over and over again on reaction to the startup (I wasn't pre-empting it). I can put a vid up of it if you like. If you're saying HOS can just do repeated RI's on the ground to get in you can easily stuff a followup RI after blocking one (if that's what the HOS player is really doing). I blocked 1 RI and got 5HS on CH when HOS tried to RI again right afterwards. I also got 6K on CH. You reckon it's a very high chance that you'll get CH by Lv1 RI up close if you try to stuff it with moves (pre-empting or whatever), what's that going to lead to for HOS in Slash then? Not much at all. If you don't take my word on this stuff just check the HOS forum and see what everyone thinks about it and see what was said about things a long time ago.

What do you mean you can't Warrant RI? I just sat and warranted RI over and over again on reaction to the startup (I wasn't pre-empting it). I can put a vid up of it if you like.

If you're saying HOS can just do repeated RI's on the ground to get in you can easily stuff a followup RI after blocking one (if that's what the HOS player is really doing). I blocked 1 RI and got 5HS on CH when HOS tried to RI again right afterwards. I also got 6K on CH. You reckon it's a very high chance that you'll get CH by Lv1 RI up close if you try to stuff it with moves (pre-empting or whatever), what's that going to lead to for HOS in Slash then? Not much at all.

If you don't take my word on this stuff just check the HOS forum and see what everyone thinks about it and see what was said about things a long time ago.

you cant warrant rockit because he recovers in time to guard it easily which means that warrant doesnt punish it. also, after guarding rockit you are in a frame disadvantage so order sol has the initiative in that situation to attack as he pleases ahead of you. if you are predicting ri and countering it with normals then he is isnt using it correctly. a good order sol will easily change timings or opt for iad hs which will screw you over for even trying it.

you could forward punch rockit ;0 oh wait are we talking slash? its only +3 or 4... just IB it and 6k

you cant warrant rockit because he recovers in time to guard it easily which means that warrant doesnt punish it. also, after guarding rockit you are in a frame disadvantage so order sol has the initiative in that situation to attack as he pleases ahead of you. if you are predicting ri and countering it with normals then he is isnt using it correctly. a good order sol will easily change timings or opt for iad hs which will screw you over for even trying it.

That's strange because when I was doing it last night I was poisoning HOS everytime. Wait you just said HOS just does RI over and over to kill your ground game yet now you're saying that won't happen and HOS will mixup RI timing?

Yes Lv1 RI is +3 on block but that advantage is almost meaningless at times, it only makes a difference if he's right on top of you. Seriously check the old Slash forums for info about it. That +3 isn't what you think it is.

Spamming zeinest will stop any IAD game. You're trying to tell me HOS wins this matchup beause of Lv1 RI and IAD j.HS?? What is IAD j.HS going to even score you in Slash? Unless you time it perfectly you'll actually end up out of range to gatling into the sweep for knockdown and an oki setup. So what good has it done you then? You get in close for what? You have no level because any Testament with a brain can stop you charging Lv in Slash. So what then, you go back to spamming RI or something?

Honestly I won't spam this thread anymore as this is all Slash discussion (some of it is still applicable to AC however) but whatever, Testament is arguably HOS's hardest matchup in Slash and AC, ask any HOS for their opinion don't just think I'm making this stuff up.

That's strange because when I was doing it last night I was poisoning HOS everytime. Wait you just said HOS just does RI over and over to kill your ground game yet now you're saying that won't happen and HOS will mixup RI timing?

maybe because you were playing vs the cpu or a player who doesnt know how to guard?

Yes Lv1 RI is +3 on block but that advantage is almost meaningless at times, it only makes a difference if he's right on top of you. Seriously check the old Slash forums for info about it. That +3 isn't what you think it is.

a worthless +3? do you know what a frame advantage is?

Spamming zeinest will stop any IAD game.

lol, this is cute but absolutely insane. honestly i wish that it were that easy. D;

You're trying to tell me HOS wins this matchup beause of Lv1 RI and IAD j.HS?? What is IAD j.HS going to even score you in Slash? Unless you time it perfectly you'll actually end up out of range to gatling into the sweep for knockdown and an oki setup. So what good has it done you then? You get in close for what? You have no level because any Testament with a brain can stop you charging Lv in Slash. So what then, you go back to spamming RI or something?

what does connecting a counter hit iad hs or a frame advantage from a guarded iad hs gain the order sol player? why would anyone want a frame advantage? frame advantages are worthless. seriously.

a worthless +3? do you know what a frame advantage is?

what does connecting a counter hit iad hs or a frame advantage from a guarded iad hs gain the order sol player? why would anyone want a frame advantage? frame advantages are worthless. seriously.

lol jokes. What does that +3 get you then, when RI hits with the very tip of the move? What exactly is HOS going to do now to lay the smackdown? In your face the +3 is good for frame traps like 2S CH fishing and the like but that's easy to see coming after a while so the opponent should know not to react to it (if all HOS is doing is blocked RI into 2S). So, pass thru a zeinest or 2 on the ground and hit with the tip of Lv1 RI and get +3, what initiatiave does that give HOS?? Give me a concrete answer not just "frame advantage lol!11"

Hitomi and 6K both kill RI when used properly.

You're saying HOS gets +3 from RI and it's a free win?

I ask again, what does HOS magically get from his IAD j.HS on CH in Slash? If he has level/Tension he can combo, if not he needs to go for the knockdown or a pressure string. On Block you'd probably go for a pressure string too but guess what, FD that and HOS gets pushed out and has to make up the gap again.

You seriously think that you're right with this matchup and all other HOS players are wrong?

If you try to play vs HOS without using traps then yeah, then and only then might HOS have the advantage. But seen as tho you would NEVER player Testament like that, his matchup is horrendous for HOS.

So yeah, this clip is very old and TB actually wins it but can't you even appreciate the work HOS has to do in order to get close to Testament?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAV3aTQUWKI

Another prime example of Testy zoning out HOS with relative ease:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7QKtEaP6Ag

Also, notice how backdash, 2HS and 6K all beat the IAD scenario you're talking about in those vids?

If you still seem to think this match is eas for HOS, here are the edited highlights from the Slash matchup thread:

Vs. Testament

WUT:

Nets, EXE beast, trees, skull mark. 4 specials that shut HOS' close-range game down. Now, we take those 4 specials, and we add long range pokes that keep HOS away at the same time. After that, we throw in Testy's 6K, the poke that stops HOS' offensive momentum if HOS can even make it to mid range and start pressuring. All of these disadvantages add up to make the hardest uphill fight Order-Sol has. For this matchup there's just one piece of advice *I* can give: get inside, start some pressure, and hope you don't get pushed out to mid-range. Because once that happens all the hard work starts again. Key tools are 5P and GunBlaze to clear through the fortress Testy sets up, 5K, 2P, and 2S to start offensive pressure, 5HS for a multi-purpose poke, and SV so you can put at least a little fear into Testament when he starts his pressure, as long as a net isn't hovering above you.

TB:

1.Block.

2.Block.

3.Block some more.

4.Don't jump a whole lot.

5.Don't try to poke unless you are within range of your fastest moves.

6.Make sure you block.

7.Try to bait stuff like 6K or 6H to whiff, then use the opportunity to get inside.

8.Once you are inside, mixup like crazy and don't let up.

9.Don't use a lot of Rock It unless there are no traps on screen.

10.Don't forget to block.

Hope that helps.

WUT:

And while GunBlaze is useful for getting past trees and nets at the same time, Testy's will be watching for it as you try to come in and stuff it with ease. So...just use it sparingly. Vs Testament fight is just so ugly for HOS.

TB:

6K >>> Gun Blaze.

zer0kage:

I thought Rock It can go through the webs or hitomi according to the vs HO Sol thread in the Testy boards or is that a gamble not worth attempting?

TB:

Did you miss the part where they said that if you didn't position yourself correctly, trees could still catch you? The way most Testament players use HITOMI, you won't be in a position to go through a tree with Rock It and you'll eat a CH instead, which means free combo for Testament. That's the last thing you want.

reaVer: Jumping a lot around Testament is a bad idea because of 6K, so doing a bunch of j.P to try and get rid of webs isn't something you should do that often. I would recommend 5P at the right range to get rid of webs, much less risk involved.

Remember that just because you get in on Testament doesn't mean that you automatically win. All he has to do is FD at the right time and all of a sudden you have to stop rushing unless you want to eat another 6K-6H to the face.

Here's a massive, massive problem with all of that [talking about block strings to AC]: TESTAMENT STOPS YOU FROM DOING ANYTHING THAT WILL LET YOU GET CHARGE. Attempting to gain levels on Testament is an exercise in futility. For example, that string you listed for getting to level 2 doesn't work on Testament because you will never get in range to do it. And even if you DO get it, if Testament blocks and you don't FRC that Action Charge, you WILL eat a CH 6K to your face, which guarantees at least knockdown for Testament. Same with Rock It, not to mention that 6K actually beats level 1 Rock It for free.

BR done when they can't see it coming? Bullshit, that move has startup, anybody can see it coming. Level 2 is safer, but as long as they IB the last hit, they have the advantage.

I'm sorry, but none of this shit works on Testament, which is part of why he is HOS's hardest matchup. He completely and utterly shuts down more than half of his game.

Crimson Disaster:

To re-emphasize something TB just said:

There's no reason for Testament to ever let HOS charge. If HOS does BHB AC (NOT EVEN SAFE TO BEGIN WITH) then he gets knocked down with 80% of what he needs for L2, whoop-de-do. Only remotely safe way to charge outside of a knockdown is fullscreen BHB AC because you'll usually only eat a barney, which isn't terrible except it's more damage than HOS is going to be doing to Testament anytime soon.

The real problem in this match is that Testament can play hella safe and patient, not even with traps and stuff but just with pokes until he scores a knockdown. Then he can set up a tree and maybe a web here and there to force HOS to deal with them in a manner that pretty much sets HOS up to be outpoked yet again.

Testament seriously only needs 2 non-punishment combos in this matchup, and those are anything to sweep XX skull, and 6K > 6H. Why should he give HOS a chance to wake-up with something and get momentum when he can just stall the match and win on attrition- he'll get plenty of big combo chances anytime HOS runs into a trap or resorts to something risky like Gunblazes or whatever gimmick HOS players in your area are in love with at the moment.

TB:

If I do 2D->skull with Testament and immediately set a tree or web once I recover from the skull, you do NOT have enough time to get up and Rock It me. At the very least, Testament can block your Rock It, and if you're unlucky, the bird WILL hit you, assuming it does the charge attack. I can only see this working if the Testament player tries to run up and set a tree or web, and even then, if the bird turns into the Succubus to do the overhead attack, your Rock It may hit, but you'll get launched.

Most smart Testament players will just do EXE Beast after a successful OTG skull anyway.

You're saying HOS gets +3 from RI and it's a free win?

gaining frame advantages to win is how the game works, surprise surprise. and also dont bother linking match videos of poor hos play to prove your point.

I think you'll find that fighting games generally work on the basis of "doing more damage to your opponent than your opponent does to you" it's something like that, yeah, I think that's how you win. lol next time I play this matchup tho, I'll use nothing but 5P, 5HS, 6P, 2P, Lv1 RI, Lv1 GB and see where it gets me.

It's funny that even other Testy players freely admit the match is incredibly hard for HOS to win, guess you missed that first time around...

Dream Maker

I think this matchup is horrible for HOS as Testament can keep him away pretty easily.

For Testament the point is to keep HOS away at far range, the problems come when you are at close range because he as very good pokes (2K, 2S) which will beat almost all your close range poke options. 5K is good, but use it only if you have advantage ie after blocked EXE Beast. Otherwise you are in a really bad situation if he manages to get close to you and starts pressuring... You have to watch out for holes in his pressure strings to escape but be careful because HOS players are always watching for counter hits so watch out for VERY BIG holes or you'll quickly eat CH 2S/jHS/2HS into painful combo. Warrant, 2HS, 2P are viable options to punish mistakes in his strings but they are all risky so be careful... So yeah I think that at close range HOS can be really annoying for Testament.

The whole thing is to keep him away. Rock it avoids webs but it does avoid trees only in very specifical situations (ie : you are far from HOS and he does Rock it with a tree planted just in front of him... Otherwise the tree will pop out and hit him during rock it's recovery). If rock it is really giving you problems then try P phantom soul at far range and he will think two times before using it... You can also anticipate his rock it attempts with far S and 6HS. His Block Head Buster can be dangerous at mid range when charged at level 2 or 3 so try to stay as far away from him as possible. At far range his other moves aren't really a problem...

This is my opinion for this matchup, very easy as long as you can keep him away from you. Plant webs, trees, throw phantom souls and poke a lot until he's knocked down and then pressure him to death but be very very careful if he gets close to you...

Anyway whatever, if you want to ignore glaring and obvious facts there's nothing more to say lol