Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bashoomba

[CSE] Jin Help! The "I'm a n00b seeking advice" thread.

You're probably doing 5C too early. You have to wait for Bang to land after 2D.

The freeze gives you plenty of time to do so.

Hey guys, just got extend and I was wondering how you guys input 6c dash j.c. I always whiff the j.c or am too far to follow up with anything.

- 6C has to hit within a certain distance

- Dash cancel immediately

- Make sure you input 9 for jumping

What I do:

6C > dash > hold 9 until jump > press C

I'm having some problems with challenge ten (and by extension most of the others). I have the grab > 6C > 236D > 6C part down, but when I dash in and do 5C, it never hits. Is it just a matter of timing or is there something I'm doing wrong?

Hello all you Jin players! I'm interested in picking up Jin as a secondary, and I've already done all of his challenge mode combos. I was just wondering if there were any other combos I should learn as well. Also, if you could give any advice at all on how to pressure someone while they're blocking, it would be much appreciated! I can't seem to figure out what to do and people always mash out of my pressure ^^;.

Anyways, thanks for helping out in advance ^__^.

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?12998-CSE-The-Jin-Gameplay-Mechanics-Thread-(Under-Construction)

and

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?12882-CSE-Sekkajin-x-N-The-Jin-Combo-Thread-(Updated-5-23-Complete-Thread-Overhaul)

The challenge mode combos aren't really going to help that much except for giving you a general idea of what combos into what. You definitely want to learn optimal combos. I know that thread seems huge, but the combos are very similar to each other and the more you practice the more you'll notice that there are only small differences.

As far as pressure, the Mechanics thread is definitely a great read. The idea behind Jin is hit/throw mixup combined with resets with a few gimmicks sprinkled in. You want to frametrap the opponent with Jin's gatlings and go for throws or ambiguous crossover mixup once you've conditioned them to respect you. Be careful about people using DPs after 6B. You can go for high/low 50-50 resets any time the opponent has landed on the ground during a combo and you can throw in a 5B.

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?12998-CSE-The-Jin-Gameplay-Mechanics-Thread-(Under-Construction)

and

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?12882-CSE-Sekkajin-x-N-The-Jin-Combo-Thread-(Updated-5-23-Complete-Thread-Overhaul)

The challenge mode combos aren't really going to help that much except for giving you a general idea of what combos into what. You definitely want to learn optimal combos. I know that thread seems huge, but the combos are very similar to each other and the more you practice the more you'll notice that there are only small differences.

As far as pressure, the Mechanics thread is definitely a great read. The idea behind Jin is hit/throw mixup combined with resets with a few gimmicks sprinkled in. You want to frametrap the opponent with Jin's gatlings and go for throws or ambiguous crossover mixup once you've conditioned them to respect you. Be careful about people using DPs after 6B. You can go for high/low 50-50 resets any time the opponent has landed on the ground during a combo and you can throw in a 5B.

Thank you so much, Jyosua ^__^! I'll definitely give those threads a read! Yeah, the challenge mode combos were a good starting point, but I did want to learn more optimal combos. Thanks a lot for responding!

Yeah, take a look at the combo thread and learn as many combos as you can from there. It might seem overwhelming at first but in reality you just have to learn the Jin combo fundamentals...

Mid-screen:

Stuff > Sekkajin > 66 5C > 2C > sj.D > AD > Stuff

Stuff > Sekkajin > 66 5C > j.2C > j.C > j.D > 6C > 214C

Stuff > 6C > 2D > Sekkajin > 6C > 214C

Close to the Corner:

Stuff > 6C > j.C > j.214A > 44 5C > Stuff

Stuff > 6C > DC > 214A > 44 2C > Stuff

In the Corner:

Stuff > DP B > 66 6C > DP C > 5A/5B > 5C > 2C > Stuff

Stuff > DP B > 2C > 6C > DP C > 5A/5B > 5C > 2C > Stuff

Stuff > (Delayed) 214A > 44 2C > 6C > DC > DP B > 6C > DP C > 5A/5B > 5C > 2C > Stuff

Those are the building blocks in Jin's combos. Know these and you pretty much got must of his shit down.

As for pressure, you want to use a lot of 2A, 5B > 2B/6A for the high/low mix-up, 5B > 2A/5B to reset pressure, 2A > 5C or 5B > 2C for frame traps, and jump cancels from time to time to either bait stuff, attempt a cross-up with j.2C or reset pressure.

Thank you so much for the info, Moy! I'll definitely keep those things in mind! Thanks so much for helping out, guys ^__^! I really appreciate it!

@9tea - You want to mash C, hold it, and let go a little before the 8th hit. That will give you enough time to follow up with a combo. It takes a bit of practice at first but you'll get it right in no time.

Yeah, you use to only be able to mash it all the way through to the 8th hit but here you just have to start the animation, hold C, and let it go. Too late now since my O button is all worn out hehe.

damn im failing so bad at sekkajin > 66 6c

How so? Is 5C coming out? Or does 6C come out, but whiffs because it's too late?

The only thing I can try to suggest would to be to keep practicing it. You need to kinda get the feel of when to hit 66 6C. There is a small window of opportunity in which you can do it in just takes practice really.

You could always try advance input though. I'd suggest just learning the timing though.

First off, make sure you can do 6C at all after Sekkajin. If you can get that to redbeat, you only have to adjust a bit for 66C. If you're playing on a laggy display, finding the right timing can also be very hard. I didn't perfect it until I bought my Asus monitor. :/

Thanks for the advice guys :D not sure if my ps3 is lagging though , it takes like 4 mins to load blazblue and about 1 mins for every arcade match. im not really sure if the gameplay is actually affected , seems pretty smooth might send it for a repair .

I cant get the timing down , if i mash 5C how many time must i press it before i can 66 6c ? The opponent / training dummy seems to fly out earlier than i can 66 6c

I cant get the timing down , if i mash 5C how many time must i press it before i can 66 6c ? The opponent / training dummy seems to fly out earlier than i can 66 6c

I don't exactly know how many times you have to mash it. You have to take into consideration that people have different mash rates. Like, I may mash faster than the next Jin user..it doesn't make the 8th hit launch come any faster.

You just have to get a feel of when to stop mashing. I think you have to stop at like the 6th hit or so. Just try to get a feel of it, and practice.

I used the combo counter to learn it, and assuming you started out with 5B>5C>sekkajin, I stopped around the 9th or 10th hit.

Not sure if this will help much, but I usually mash until Jin lands the 6th hit of Sekkajin. I tend to mash all the way through, though, because I'm still used to doing the move by mashing instead of holding the button. It continues to work just fine, and I don't have a stick to worry about taking good care of, so I haven't bothered to switch over yet.

So for me it's like this: 5C>mash mash>1st hit of Sekkajin>mash until Jin lands the 6th hit from Sekkajin>stop mashing and watch as Jin continues to Sekkajin, then stops at the 8th hit>followup after recovery frames at end of Sekkajin

The trick, at this point, is recognizing the end of the recovery frames from Sekkajin and making sure your dash input comes in *right* after it. Just Sekkajin and Sekkajin and Sekkajin a lot, focusing on watching the end of the animation. Maybe try holding forward while Jin is recovering from the move, so that it will be easier to recognize where the recovery ends and when you can begin to give inputs and control Jin.

Get very familiar with the recovery timing and the animation so that you develop intuition and reflex. It might take a while, but you'll get it.

It eventually becomes something that you can "feel" and you won't have to rely on any sensory cues. Just keep on practicing it, it's not that difficult.