Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Special-K-

Zappa AC Combos

If I could make out half of what that site is saying, I think it would be pretty good. =) Fermentation jump?

If I could make out half of what that site is saying, I think it would be pretty good. =)

Fermentation jump?

i've always told you,the "google" translation isn't great but at least it gives you an idea,what's left is that you use your knowledge about zappa and general intelligence :)

or you can learn japanese and go to that site in its original form :D

With the sword and opponent in the corner - do you ever S©[or whatever] > 2HS then TK his air 236HS(RC) > corner combo? Hope I made that clear... Is this usful, or just style?

No, mostly because you can combo into 63214HS(FRC) to do the same air combo for less tension. Although I don't know the damage differences this combo and the combo you mentioned.

Hi guys, didn't know where else to ask but... There were these sweet tutorial vids on youtube called "Zappa Beginners Guide pt.1-4" and they each covered zappas various aspects. They had loads of awesome combos and showed the inputs and everything. Only problem is, the vids have been removed. Anyone knows where else to watch them?

Hmm. I believe I know what you're talking about. I'll see if I can upload them on youtube and then come back here and let you guys know. Umareru you can PM me in a few days if still haven't done it yet. Just to remind me. =)

Since we revived this thread... Is anyone jump installing before the 2HS with sword in a combo? I remember this used to be THE sword combo necessity in Slash, and I've seen it in some AC videos. Where are we installing the jump?

I still do. Usually I input the 8 during a 5S then followup with the a 2HS then go up for the combo. Usually the only times I use it or see it used are when you get a counter-hit off of 623HS or after a blocked burst (in which the opponent was already in the air before they bursted). The only other times I see are from certain combos but that's pretty negligible because the pushback on the wall severely limits the amount of hits you can do unlike if you were in the middle of the screen. One reason why we may be seeing less JI combo's is due the fact that damage scaling of the sword got increased in AC so damage output kind of got nerfed. A JI combo in Slash did 40-50% damage. i guess they traded damage for the sword's versatility in AC. Which isn't bad. And you're right the JI sword combo was THE sword combo.

I don't usually use JI with the sword anymore, since like you said, the damage scaling isn't as good... But I do like to do extended ground combos into air combos. Like, 66 6P(Deep) c.S f.S 2S 2HS (1hit) 63214HS FRC 66 (this part is character specific, depending on size and hit box you won't be able to get as many hits) c/f.S (whichever works) [if c.S, get another f.S] 2HS (1hit) [You can usually do another swordswipe FRC into air combo, but usually only IAD or a short one, so I usually just JC] and then whatever air combo you want. This is a good combo on Potemkin, since it can work as a burst bait to some extent, and is pretty long, which makes it frustrating, and the damage isn't too bad either. Some more stuff with Raou: Darkness anthem picks Baiken up from a very long range when she's in groundslide, making her very easy to catch her with it. Edguy shenanigans are go!:vbang:

so I been messing with zappa combos again after all this time, and I need my memory refreshed on some things for a sword JI combo what can you do? also dunno if anyone else noticed this but you can combo off raw sword 63214H if they are in corner into 2P c.5S jS djSH air 236H for 142 on sol. I doubt I'd ever land this in a match but interesting that it's possible do combo without frc :psyduck:

that standard after a sword JI is to 2HS sjS jK jS djS jD. works on everybody. For some characters you can get in an extra jk and for others you can get in an extra jk and jS

a lot of times I'm gonig too high up the the jK is missing afte the jS. could you give notation for an example combo (including starter) and whether to do 1 or 2 hits of hte 2H

also found this combo video "Kane" that's not too old, but here's the link. lotso dog infinites

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvQ5QIaPbZs&

That's probably because you're not catching your opponent at the right height. Ex: 623HS(CH) FRC 66 5S8 2HS(2 hit) sjc.S jK jS djS djD (the height at which you hit your opponent with 5S8 when they are falling is character specific) Another: anti air 2HS(CH 1 hit) 9 jHS land 5S8 2HS(1hit) sjc.S jK jS djS djD This one is a bit awkward but worth doing. You counter hit an aerial opponent with 2HS. You jump forward with them and right before you land you do the jHS. Once you land you hit them with the 5S8 and one hit of 2HS then you go into your jump install combo.

You can also combo off Sword swipe counterhit FRC anywhere on the screen, into anything like 5S 2HS JI combo. Swordswipe is a great move against a majority of the cast, and it's safe on whiff due to the FRC, so having combo options off it is really important (Though sword combos are more or less 'custom', I've seen so many variations it's not even funny, so just practice and put stuff together until you get something you like). Oh, and also, wouldn't it be better to end air combos with j.s or j.hs into sword spin?

Oddly enough you usually get one more point of damage by doing jH xx Swordspin. I think the jD pushes them back at a funny angle that makes a spin hit whiff.

Tiamat: Oh, right, nearly forgot. I almost always try to end with j.HS Sword spin out of habit, since I used to input the sword spin motion early when trying to do j.D into swordspin and just did it too fast so only the sword spin would come out lol Dangief: Really? That's kind of funny. Though I bet j.D Sword spin would be great at the right angle on a heavier/bigger chara...

This is completely random, but how do you deal with May using zappa... Like, i actually gotten to the point i can pound testament if i play smart, but i cant do shit on May. Dolphins overwrite air game, ground game....Wtf. I can't even summon or 6p half the time against her. Any tips? Her command grab is vicious and i have no idea what to do. Back dashing is really heard to do while may is pressuring you. Any tips for her J 2Hs? Besides back dashing.... I play a really good zappa....but May gives me hell. ( More so than testament at the moment, How ridiculous is that? )

May is a very solid character. Anyone whose never fought one will be in serious trouble (No, really). Since there are very few us may players, not many people get the experience they need vs. her. You can summon and 6P through horizontal dolphins, if you have the sword the DP is your best bet there, Ghosts, just don't set up for dolphin ride counters, dog is tricky but if you set up right she's in trouble. She can't beat Raou. DO NOT GET IN THE AIR. This is even worse than getting in the air versus testament. She doesn't have as much leverage on the ground, just a few mixup moves and her 6P and 6HS for really strong hits. Many May's will try to 5HS to stuff your rushdown/counter attacks, but summon or DP will beat it out easy. The trick is to go for counterhits. I'll post a full matchup for her in the matchup forums later, but this is the gest of it.

Yeah, try to keep character matchups in the sub forum. That's why I had gwergycakes make it for us.

I try, but I was tired when I made that post lol... Anyone else use P spam when waiting for the ghosts to come back? I've been using it quite a lot in and out of combos (actually, I almost only use it when putting pressure on or in an air combo). I find doing air combos aside from j.D and impossible dust stuff is more trouble than it's worth, so I usually go in for my ghost inifinite combo and if the 5K or 6P are CH's, they get picked up off the ground, making the loop impossible; so I just go into the air combo, do j.P a bunch of times then j.D Ghost toss to finish it off. It's actually given me a lot more wins than I thought it would, so it's not exactly a bad option, though I'm sure a real combo with the ghosts in the air would be better, huh?