Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Special-K-

Zappa AC Combos

though I'm sure a real combo with the ghosts in the air would be better, huh?

Nah, punch until dust is what to do. Doesn't require any thought.

That's right. Phrek once tried to do real combos until I showed him the power of mashing P while thinking about something else. Seriously, the best air combo that I ever did with the ghost did about 10 more damage than mash P... and I'd have to figure out if it works on the character. Ghosts are no longer about big damage. They own the screen, all of it, that's their power. And they have some wicked meaty tactics with jHS and 236P(frc). Historical Note from the Old Man: Ghosts did once have an infinite of sorts. IF you launched with a high jHS or deep jD in XX, you could time 2HS so that they would keep bouncing into it for big damage. But that's been gone since #R.

Yea, the 236P is probably the meatiest move. The fucking thing bounces after it hits the floor. The only people getting away from that are Robo-Ky and Bridget. And Dangief is right, he showed me the way of the P.

Ghost infinite: rushdown 6P/5K c.S f.S 2S/5HS Toss 6FRC6 (You have to prime it or you won't run fast enough to keep the combo) Repeat, 2K works also at the beginning. I've seen Nang-In get over 30 hits in a match with this. If you watch for the projectiles from the haunting, you can also use that to continue the combo (like instead of throwing a ghost, you let the golf ball hit, which saves you tension). Each string lasts long enough for the ghost you threw before hand to come back; the only restraint is tension, but you can just go for a knockdown at the end and throw a P toss to keep pressure. And I'll just keep on mashin then lol

Hey, how do you do these combos? Do you ID?

Naked

5d, jd, jd, 236p

5d, JD, JD, land c.S jc jps, jc jpsd

Seen here, around the 5 minute mark:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCjPRG9Yxok

Yea, you ID. Usually you do a double jump in there.

5D, tap 8, JD, tap 8, JD, land, whatever. I think that's how I used to do it. It might be tap 8 twice instead.

Technically you do 5D 8 jD 8 9 jD . You need to input 2 up directions. The nine is so you go forward. If you do a 2nd 8 then you'll only jump up straight as well as fall straight. So: 5D 8 jD 8 9 jD land 236P

Oh, cool. Thanks! I'll list all of the combos, along with how much damage they do to Sol, once I finish copying them from the tutorial video. :D

So, I'm having a lot of trouble doing the Dog corner loop. 6p/5k, c/fS, 2S, 5D, 2HS, 2k, 66, 5k etc ends up ending either on the second 5k, or right after, somewhere around the fS/2HS. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

From the looks of it, that combo shouldn't work as a loop at all. There is absolutely no way you connect a 5K from a 2K (unless you RC which is completely pointless). Yep that isn't a loop. If you're just beginning with the dog do 2K 5c.S 5f.S 5D 66 2K repeat. This is a pretty old and standard combo. there are better options out there but this a good beginning combo loop. From the looks of what you're doing, if you want to extend the combo then either do another 5D or do an 8D after the 2HS 2K then go on from there.

Any really damaging or flashy loop you can suggest? I got the 2k cs fs down in like... 2 minutes, and I'm looking to expand my horizons. I really like the unblockable instant Raoh corner set-up, but it seems impractical, and is really hard for me to do right now.

Any really damaging or flashy loop you can suggest? I got the 2k cs fs down in like... 2 minutes, and I'm looking to expand my horizons. I really like the unblockable instant Raoh corner set-up, but it seems impractical, and is really hard for me to do right now.

Getting Raou is never impractical :eng101: Are you referring to the 2D trap setup? The key to that is knowing the characters wakeup timing so you can stuff any wakeup attempt with a f.S and a 2D. As a note, you can combo into unssumon from that, by landing 2D then 66 2HS 8D 214D summon, and now you have raou. Simple as that.

That last thing was what I was talking about. I have trouble doing it, though, because I keep JCing the 2HS. Tips?

You gotta do 214D faster. The trick is that 8D will effectively "jump install" 2D but you won't actualy need the jump install. In this manner, it's a good idea to learn how to jump install so that you know how fast you can do 214D. Another method is to do 8D before the 2HS actually connects, but that makes the air untech time longer (thus making it trickier). So in other words, prime 214D faster than you think you have to/you are.

Once again, Oiboi, you make my life so much better than I thought possible. Any good loop aside from the standard one? Also, 5hs>2D is nasty as hell in the corner. If they have no upper/tension/burst, ggs, srsly.

Once again, Oiboi, you make my life so much better than I thought possible. Any good loop aside from the standard one? Also, 5hs>2D is nasty as hell in the corner. If they have no upper/tension/burst, ggs, srsly.

Outside of the various 5S 2HS 5D/4D D loops (on crouching opponents), I cannot think of any loop or combo that does any sort of decent damage outside of having a cranked guard bar.

If you ask me the dog's overall damage output is kind of crappy. It best to go for the knockdown and pressure. Attempting to get into the 2HS loop or 2D bite knock down is my goal. Although I do have 1 20 hit combo on talll standing opponents (that does horrible damage but its really fun to pull off), for the sake of doing it as well as getting a knockdown:

2P 2k 5D (just a bunch of hit confirming attacks) 66 2K 5S 6P 5D IAD jPx3 jS 5D land 66 2HS 4D D IAD jPx3 jS 2D 2/5P =)

Here's a more vital combo/blockstring that eki chan does on a crouching potemkin. Its at 00:14 This combo only seems to work on crouching opponents in a combo but I find a very vital combo to learn because it, in the end gets the dog close enough to bite the opponent for the knockdown. He does it in his other videos and I've been practicing it a lot for a while. Its not easy, I can tell you that, but worth doing.

Also I find it to be of decent damage. You can see how much damage it does on Potemkin with his guard meter slightly up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlwGDa53Vdg

I learned one really great thing from that vid just now: 5K beats slidehead on wakeup. I had no idea that'd work. ZAPPA NOW HAS WAKEUP OPTIONS OMG lol

do you use 5k against fullscreen slidehead, because that works, too So, I suck with combos... maybe its just the character specific stuff that gets me, I have some random combo questions... JI sword combo - I never get it and just go for 2h (1 hit) j.s j.s hs spin. deep hs spin nets a large amount of damage, but everytime I go for a fancy JI combo I always miss the sj.S K S part in the corners, Zoog said it works on everyone - is that regardless to midscreen or not? Is my timing that bad? lol sword dp frc (non-ch) j.s j.s hs spin, or should I even bother trying for the 2h first? I know it doesnt work on eddie, but... in the corner naked 5h 6frc6 dashing 2p 2k... only on certain characters? or does it work on everyone if you do the I-no CL style frc? I fucking hate 5d summon not working on Venom. Who else doesn't it work on and why don't I just ID correctly... Argh, we need to fill out a good combo list that is up to date and features easymode / hardmode combos and what characters it works on. I'm trying to step up and secure my game as I can only do fancy stuff inconsistantly (depending on the condition of the pad I'm using) and it sucks! Lets reboot this thread with good combos, eh? Who wants to start working on something? Tiamat had the right idea but that is all old stuff.... I'll start working on something, which will improve my execution (because I haven't touched training mode in a year....) Sorry to ramble, I know I don't post here often, because if I did, this would happen.... And I play easymode zappa and have no strong combos, lolol.

do you use 5k against fullscreen slidehead, because that works, too

So, I suck with combos... maybe its just the character specific stuff that gets me, I have some random combo questions...

JI sword combo - I never get it and just go for 2h (1 hit) j.s j.s hs spin. deep hs spin nets a large amount of damage, but everytime I go for a fancy JI combo I always miss the sj.S K S part in the corners, Zoog said it works on everyone - is that regardless to midscreen or not?

Is my timing that bad? lol

sword dp frc (non-ch) j.s j.s hs spin, or should I even bother trying for the 2h first? I know it doesnt work on eddie, but...

in the corner naked 5h 6frc6 dashing 2p 2k... only on certain characters? or does it work on everyone if you do the I-no CL style frc?

I fucking hate 5d summon not working on Venom. Who else doesn't it work on and why don't I just ID correctly...

Argh, we need to fill out a good combo list that is up to date and features easymode / hardmode combos and what characters it works on. I'm trying to step up and secure my game as I can only do fancy stuff inconsistantly (depending on the condition of the pad I'm using) and it sucks! Lets reboot this thread with good combos, eh? Who wants to start working on something? Tiamat had the right idea but that is all old stuff....

I'll start working on something, which will improve my execution (because I haven't touched training mode in a year....) Sorry to ramble, I know I don't post here often, because if I did, this would happen.... And I play easymode zappa and have no strong combos, lolol.

I knew it worked fullscreen, but I didn't know it also worked when he did it on top of you like that.

I've been able to do the "JI" combo without jump installs since slash. Everyone still calls it the JI combo but I just do 2HS Jump cancel, j.k j.S dj j.K j.S/j.S j.HS/j.D sword spin.

When doing the 5HS combo, it all depends on range; at max range MAYBE you'd have to do the dash priming, but normally I can get 2K to chain even then without it.

Also, 5D Summon works on everyone I thought... I've never had trouble missing it on anyone as far as I know, even venom. And Sword DP CH, 2H will work on anyone, even eddie. So always do 2H after the DP, it should make j.k connect almost no matter what on anyone...

I agree, but I don't have my game system right now I so I can't work on it and stuff. As soon as I get it again, I'll make some beastly combos for us.

I've been able to do the "JI" combo without jump installs since slash. Everyone still calls it the JI combo but I just do 2HS Jump cancel, j.k j.S dj j.K j.S/j.S j.HS/j.D sword spin.

When doing the 5HS combo, it all depends on range; at max range MAYBE you'd have to do the dash priming, but normally I can get 2K to chain even then without it.

Also, 5D Summon works on everyone I thought... I've never had trouble missing it on anyone as far as I know, even venom. And Sword DP CH, 2H will work on anyone, even eddie. So always do 2H after the DP, it should make j.k connect almost no matter what on anyone...

the JI combo is 2hs (2 hits) sj s, k, s, dj s, hs spin. you get more hits usually. That sounds like the standard combo w/o jump install. I dont even know if its worth it much outside of fancier corner combos.

I can only get 2p 2k and never just a 2k after a naked 5h frc... I'm sure its more distance / character / standing dependant, however.

5d summon totally whiffs on venom everytime. unless its just really tight, but I just cancel it like usual... could be distance, either way.

I was talking about non-ch DP. I get those sometimes, too. It helps being able to react to a non ch and still get damage...

And I posted this but realize I gave my PS2 to a friend so I am GG-less for awhile... boo hoo

either way we should all collaborate...