Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Special-K-

Zappa AC Combos

Haha yeah, Eki knows best.

I think it has to do with fighting Dizzy. One of the last things you want to do is toss her into the air as Zappa considering she can out maneuver you all day up there. So using the knockdown 2D with the dog is ideal since that will ground her for a mixup or reset.

I think it has to do with fighting Dizzy. One of the last things you want to do is toss her into the air as Zappa considering she can out maneuver you all day up there. So using the knockdown 2D with the dog is ideal since that will ground her for a mixup or reset.

Oh yeah that does make alot more sense actually. I guess i need to learn different variations of that due to the match ups than, i keep over looking the fact of how complex Guilty Gear can get. Thats probobally why it is hands down my favorite fighter of all time.

:yaaay:

Sadly i don't get to get out and play anyone but the local crew we have here so my insight on match-ups is rather lacking.

:sad:

Sorry for the double post guys but im burning some serious training in with my dog right now and im just curious what the best combos are to maximize my damage while using the 5d pressure strings with the dog. No need to get down any gimp combos. :yaaay:

The only damaging combo that the dog has requires the opponent to be crouching so Zappa can do the 2HS loop. There is another decent crouching combo that I know of but thats too complicated for me to type let alone for you to visualize. Anyways if your opponent is standing it is best to try to go for a 2D knockdown. Then you can unblockable setups.

The only damaging combo that the dog has requires the opponent to be crouching so Zappa can do the 2HS loop. There is another decent crouching combo that I know of but thats too complicated for me to type let alone for you to visualize. Anyways if your opponent is standing it is best to try to go for a 2D knockdown. Then you can unblockable setups.

See Justin, Blipples, you weren't doing anything wrong with the dog. There just are no combos. Lol. :psyduck:

And we saw that crouching combo on that one video we watched because it took you awhile to realize how it was connecting: they have to be crouching. I don't remember the video though. I'm sure you know the one. Lol.

Thanks for the info zoogstin, you've been a great help. I owe you one.

:yaaay:

Okay, i spent alot of time this weekend really working on pumping out some dog combo's to be ablel to post up and this is what i've came up with. no tension: 2p2k 5d 2p2k c.s 6d 6hs 6d This combo does about 110 dmg on average and can be started with the jumping hs for about an extra 10-20 and a very nice mix up. Not to mention it leads into your unblockable set up. Yum, orb candy. ch or crouching 50% tension: c.s 2hs(RC) 5d 2p2k c.s 6d 6hs 6d This combo will wreck your opponent if you manage to pull it off. It does an average of 200 dmg, not to mention the fact that it pushes them so far that they get ran right into a corner and are thrown right into your choice of unblockable yet again. I just found these out fiddling around in practice mode for countless hours and pulled the first one off in a match, the second one though is just really situational but if the opportunity arises the wtf moment is priceless. :yaaay: Please tweak these to your hearts content and lets crank these beasts out to their max potential. :yaaay:

Not to burst your bubble blipples. As much as we appreciate the contribution, you are the newest Zappa player to the forum and we hardly get new folks. The point is, this is old news. But to keep you from getting discouraged, I'll give you a naked combo to try and perhaps play with. Opponent in the corner, 50% tension: 66 2HS (deep) RC 66 2HS (deep) 5D, 98 jD (land) 2HS JC, jK, jS, JC, jK, jS. It works, I've done it. The tricks are to get the 2HS deep into the corner, the second should stagger enough with the RC for the standing dust to connect. Then impossible dust (98 jD) needs to be nice and low so you can land and do the third 2HS. When this is all done right, you can more than likely dizzy the opponent with one combo.

My bad, I'm just really trying to advance my play right now and trying to make some last minute combos revisions down before Them Vs Us. :yaaay: Sorry if i was an inconvenience. That combo seems pretty sick though, i might have to try it out.

My bad, I'm just really trying to advance my play right now and trying to make some last minute combos revisions down before Them Vs Us.

One of the better things to do is to watch matches at the tournament with Zappa. Then you can get an idea of what's practical to use and what is not (like the combo I just posted, being a bit situational).

yeah i'm aware of that, I've had a video archive for a while now and study them quite often. Sadly i can't really watch too many zappa videos though because their aren't to many of them out there. I have about 30 different zappa matches as of now, but its starting to become difficult to find more. I just recently checked out the kekken videos again from Showdown 3, he really shined versus Caer. :yaaay:

Hey blipples, its always nice having more Zappa players to discuss with. Check out the Zappa tutorial vids posted. Theres one for each summon, and the combos, albeit very staple and standard, are all you need to win matches. You can freestyle and develop on those if you want to get flashier :) Thats the GG way! For your c.s 2hs(RC) 5d 2p2k c.s 6d 6hs 6d combo, if you get them in a corner you can do a very imbalanced variation loop using the 2HS(Big head bite), no tension required: hs (d 66 c.s 2hs) Takes off a good 50% if you rinse and repeat a good number of times. Starts from a decent overhead too, so pretty easy to land. Just dont do the initial hs too close to the opponent, he can grab you in the startup animation. Just one of the many good examples of excellent combos listed in the tutorial vids. Maybe i'm just a tension scrooge, but i'd prefer to use the tensionless variation of the two combos you listed (2p2k 5d 2p2k c.s 6d 6hs 6d), corner the poor bastard, and then do unblockable setups or try to bust out the combo i listed above. Its strange, but i never use tension when using the dog. I prefer saving it for the ghosts, sword and instant summoning raou. And of course, RC-ing edguys.

Hey blipples, its always nice having more Zappa players to discuss with.

Check out the Zappa tutorial vids posted. Theres one for each summon, and the combos, albeit very staple and standard, are all you need to win matches. You can freestyle and develop on those if you want to get flashier :) Thats the GG way!

For your c.s 2hs(RC) 5d 2p2k c.s 6d 6hs 6d combo, if you get them in a corner you can do a very imbalanced variation loop using the 2HS(Big head bite), no tension required:

hs (d 66 c.s 2hs)

Takes off a good 50% if you rinse and repeat a good number of times. Starts from a decent overhead too, so pretty easy to land. Just dont do the initial hs too close to the opponent, he can grab you in the startup animation. Just one of the many good examples of excellent combos listed in the tutorial vids.

Maybe i'm just a tension scrooge, but i'd prefer to use the tensionless variation of the two combos you listed (2p2k 5d 2p2k c.s 6d 6hs 6d), corner the poor bastard, and then do unblockable setups or try to bust out the combo i listed above.

Its strange, but i never use tension when using the dog. I prefer saving it for the ghosts, sword and instant summoning raou. And of course, RC-ing edguys.

I hear ya man,

Yeah, i checked out those combos a long time ago but sadly alot of the sword combos are pretty weak. They prorate to much and i already did all the dog combos/loops by the time i seen the video. I think really one of the only things i dont have down is the ghost frc combo in the corner, i don't see it really worth it that much though. The damage is really weak, i would just rather do the basic lift combos off of my frc throwing and j.hs.

Yeah thats pretty tight, i've been messing around with several 2hs dog combos lately. I never seem to have the tension though when i actually pull off the c.s. so i usually just end combos with it.

Yawn, little fun sword combos, pretty sure nothing new but gonna post up some variantions that I tested. c.S is really funky...it makes opponent stand even if they are crouching when they get hit: Any starter normal>c.S>JC>j.S(j.P)>j.H(FRC)>Variantions 1) j.S(j.P)>j.H>land>5H>63214H(FRC)>66>2S(5S)>2H>air combo 2) j.H>j.236H(KD?)>possible RC for air combo 3) Near corner j.D>2S(5S)>2H>air combo Pretty decent for only blowing 25% tension and considering sword doesn't get that much damage combo nor KD combo in mid screen...I guess it's kinda worth it. idk anymore.

J.HS-> 2P -> 2K -> 2D -> 236P IADing this combo is kind of tricky if you're not low enough when you hit the opponent with the j. HS. Just jumping over them is better. Depending on certain circumstances j.S is a decent jump in move. Other wise I wouldn't worry about trying to jump in on anyone if they I don't have a summon.

J.HS-> 2P -> 2K -> 2D -> 236P

IADing this combo is kind of tricky if you're not low enough when you hit the opponent with the j. HS. Just jumping over them is better. Depending on certain circumstances j.S is a decent jump in move. Other wise I wouldn't worry about trying to jump in on anyone if they I don't have a summon.

I'd personally use 5P because it's quicker instead of 2P.

if anything 5P seems to reach further. But regardless, naked jumps/IADs are suicide. Unless you're IADing gunflame/drill on reaction, then you can do jp js jd land 66 summon if you're low enough i think

Wait so whats the reach for j.S and j.H and J.D because I must absolutely suck to be missing with these moves while in the air. I have to j.K to assure myself of getting the hit.

j.S has a good hit box once its out, but the problem with all of these moves is startup. J.P is the fastest move you got. If you have the dog to cover you may actually wanna pull off a jK, js, or j.H. But in the end, jumping in on your opponent with a naked Zappa is just a bad idea.

j.HS counter hit (It better be counter hit, there better be a damn reason your in the air lol) c.S 2D Summon. Dog: j.HS 5D c.S f.S 5D 66 2K2D(hit these almost simultaneously) c.S f.S (assuming dog doesn't move from where you launched from, and within 5D range).

Sorry about the late post, but those are some really nice combos chromite. :yaaay: I was messing around in training mode checking out the damage and what not and they all are pretty solid. The only two characters they don't work on are May and Baiken which is awesome in my book. :keke: I wasn't sure if anyone knew about the combos wiffing on baiken and may so i thought I would post it up. Sorry if this is old news. I also found it really nice to use the first combo posted for knock down to throw in some sick mix ups rather than running in for the air combo. I prefer: c.s, j.s, j.hs frc, jp, jhs, c.s, 5hs, 63214hs I really like it due to the face you can do it anywhere on the screen and only lose about 20-30 damage and get that lovely knock down. :toot: