Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Henaki

matchups

You can't, as far as I know. Tatami leaves you in guard stun until she has time to 6K or jump or whatever else. Don't know the exact numbers though. I'd just assume stuff her j.HS in the first place when possible.

Lets say you did block j.hs can you IB the T.mat and then pot buster her? We're are havin an arguement bout this in the baiken matchup thread and they swear up and down that they get pot bustered after mat. Ive only have this happened to me twice and i think its because i messed up.

*SDV*

You can't, as far as I know. Tatami leaves you in guard stun until she has time to 6K or jump or whatever else. Don't know the exact numbers though. I'd just assume stuff her j.HS in the first place when possible.

Lets say you did block j.hs can you IB the T.mat and then pot buster her? We're are havin an arguement bout this in the baiken matchup thread and they swear up and down that they get pot bustered after mat. Ive only have this happened to me twice and i think its because i messed up.

*SDV*

After some testing I wouldn't say Pot couldn't get a P-Buster off for sure. If Baiken does it and backdashes she's pretty safe(you might be able to clip her with 5HS though). Air tatamis are pretty safe in general .

After some testing I wouldn't say Pot couldn't get a P-Buster off for sure. If Baiken does it and backdashes she's pretty safe(you might be able to clip her with 5HS though). Air tatamis are pretty safe in general .

It's hard for me to say. I would think in theory she should get away fine. She doesn't have any recovery when hitting the ground does she? And the tatami is a projectile, which means that she should move independantly from the hitpause created by the other person blocking it. I would wager a guess that she can just hit the ground and hold up and be well into throw invincibility before Pote could ever get a Buster out.

It's hard for me to say. I would think in theory she should get away fine. She doesn't have any recovery when hitting the ground does she? And the tatami is a projectile, which means that she should move independantly from the hitpause created by the other person blocking it. I would wager a guess that she can just hit the ground and hold up and be well into throw invincibility before Pote could ever get a Buster out.

The recovery is very short in comparison to the hitstun, even on IB. Air tatami done right gives more frame advantage then an FRC ground tatami as far as I can tell.

As far as I know, air FRC tatami is only important for jumping purposes. The landing recovery is pretty small -- smaller then Ky's air stunage I'm guessing.

Edit: Read japanese frame data so I might be wrong. Recovery might be as much as 12 frames on landing, though it doesn't seem like that much.

Edit 2: It might just be my imagination but jumping/backdashing after landing seems to reduce the recovery.

The recovery is very short in comparison to the hitstun, even on IB. Air tatami done right gives more frame advantage then an FRC ground tatami as far as I can tell.

As far as I know, air FRC tatami is only important for jumping purposes. The landing recovery is pretty small -- smaller then Ky's air stunage I'm guessing.

Edit: Read japanese frame data so I might be wrong. Recovery might be as much as 12 frames on landing, though it doesn't seem like that much.

Edit 2: It might just be my imagination but jumping/backdashing after landing seems to reduce the recovery.

then that basically answers my question cause im usually holdin up ready to hit pot again with another j.hs-236k. I dont like to backdash cause i fear 6hs unless im mid-screen and pot is tryin an empty throw or tick.

*SDV*

then that basically answers my question cause im usually holdin up ready to hit pot again with another j.hs-236k. I dont like to backdash cause i fear 6hs unless im mid-screen and pot is tryin an empty throw or tick.

*SDV*

Sam, you already knew that she is safe after j.HS->Tatami from facing my Potemkin. Whoever that's argueing with you needs to go to training mode.

Sam, you already knew that she is safe after j.HS->Tatami from facing my Potemkin. Whoever that's argueing with you needs to go to training mode.

You know, I was testing with a friend - I couldn't get a PB after j.H xx Tatami (Baiken's attacks will win seen as Pot is still in blockstun (he only cuts it by like, 2F anyway)). Might've been slow or something....but we agreed that it was safe. Until proven wrong of course. :)

Tatami is -4, btw...

You know, I was testing with a friend - I couldn't get a PB after j.H xx Tatami (Baiken's attacks will win seen as Pot is still in blockstun (he only cuts it by like, 2F anyway)). Might've been slow or something....but we agreed that it was safe. Until proven wrong of course. :)

Tatami is -4, btw...

Is that ground Tatami? Because as mentioned, air tatami Baiken will recover quicker when hitting the ground, and she will do so faster because she shouldn't be effected by the hitpause of the projectile.

-4 is easy PB country, he only needs a -3 for guarenteed as far as I can remember.