Sign in to follow this  
TittyFOFO

Accent Core Venom Thread

I guess I have to do my job sooner or later.

NORMALS

5P/2P - Most used to tap ball formations so they move hella slow. Also pretty good for tickthrows and forcing the kinda spacing you need for some setups.

6P - New animation. Not as deisel of an AA as the shit he had in XX or #R, but pretty damn good. New gatling to 6HS was added.

2K - Fast low, decent poke overall. I personally prefer 2D for my mix-ups in most cases since 2K prorates a lot, but this is definitely the better option if you're looking for speed and better pressure options. Great for ticks.

5S© - Hits up to three times, with the final hit launching for an air combo. This move is absolutely essential to Venom's combos and pressure game, so learn to charge effectively during it's animation. Been changed from older versions so that all 3 hits will now connect on hit or block, except vs Zappa.

5S(f) - Quick poke with tons of range. Good for bridging gaps in combos or putting distance between you and the opponent. Use it.

2S - Another good poke. Not as much reach as 5S(f), but good for interrupting strings since it hits kinda low (a lot of characters can 6P Venom's far slash). Also nice since you can canel into CR easily (doesn't combo, though...), which is kinda tricky with 5S(f).

5HS - Not much of a poke, but it packs a punch. 10F start-up, so I suppose it's pretty good for frame-traps. Doesn't gatling into anything which kinda sucks, but oh well. Now staggers on normal hit, and it's the only ground normal Venom can use to combo into Dub Curve now ;[

6HS - Funky move. Kinda good as pre-emptive AA since Venom will swat them out of the sky if your spacing is right, but if they're too close it'll whiff and it has essentially NO PRIORITY ;[. Much better now that 6P gatlings into it. The new ground bounce also allows for some hot combos.

2HS - Another weird move. Not really particularly good except buying more charge time since it hits 2x. I've seen it used as AA sometimes, but O don't really know why. Maybe I'm missing something.

5D - Not all that awesome, but okay to stick out every now and then since most americans can't block. Just don't expect to get much damage from it.

2D - Beefed up a bit from Slash. 6F of startup now, hitbox is less fucked up (horizontally at least). Also tweaked a bit to hit 2x more consistently.

j.P - Definitely Venom's best air-to-air. Aside from hitting balls and combo filler, that's pretty much all I use it for.

j.K - Great angle for jump-ins, and it's pretty quick.

j.S - Awesome move. Great in combos (gatlings to almost all of Venom's other normals) and cross-ups. Fuzzy guard mix-up potential too.

j.HS - Can give knockdown in air combos if used low enough to the ground.

j.D - I see a lot of Japanese players fishing for counter hits against airborne foes with it, but I haven't dabbled with it much.

SPECIALS

Stinger Aim - [4],6+S/HS (FRCable) - Used to be a really good combo move, but the FRC is much later in Slash than it was in #R and Venom doesn't need it so much anyway now that he has tensionless combos. Still good for maintaining pressure though, and it can be used to fill combo gaps. You also have the option of charging the shot for some funky mindgames or combos.

Carcass Ride - [2],8+S/HS - Alright, this move is absolutely essential to good Venom play. S version is great for combos, pressure, and ball tricks, while the HS one is mostly used for AA. How well you can utilize it is directly proportional to how much you will win. No joke. Even better now is that you can charge it, which is fucking awesome for oki.

Double Head Morbid - 623+S/HS - Pretty good move. S version has pretty good priority (no invul, though...) and is safe on block. HS version should only be used for damaging combos or against retards that can't beat fullscreen Dark Angel->DHM stratz.

Warp - 623+K - I dunno why, but it has foot invul. Good in some advanced oki set-ups and for baiting bursts. Mix-up potential too when used with...

Ball Summon - 214+P/K/S/HS/D (air or ground) - The meat and potatoes of Venom's game. Good ball manipulation can win matches all by itself occasionally, which is what makes Venom such a pain in the ass for some characters. I'm not going to go into much detail right now, but the potential is nearly limitless.

Dubious Curve - 421+P/K/S/HS/D - Dunno how to feel about the changes to this yet. Gives ground slide now (AKA no tensionless combos outside of corner) and can be cancelled into ball summons on block, but you can only combo into it with 5HS and juggles ;[

Mad Struggle - 236+S/HS(air) - GREAT pressure tool and it has some usefulness in mix-ups (TK the S version for an "instant" overhead @w@). HS version is used in some fancy-pants combos.

FORCE BREAKS

Stinger Aim - [4],6+D (FRCable) - Uhhh.....don't know what this shit is for. It's faster than the HS one, but that's about it. There's a weird little trick where you can make the shot stationary by having it collide with other balls, but meh.

Carcass Ride - [2],8+D - More useful than the FB Stinger because of it's quirky angle and how long it stays on screen, but yeah.....

Double Head Morbid - 623+D - Yay, a useful FB. Does a bit more damage that HS version, and guarantees knockdown. Not something to spam, but good when you need it.

Mad Struggle - 236+D (air) - Hot damn. 14F of start-up, and a fat fucking launch on hit. The go into a pretty long stun on block, meaning you don't lose pressure if you air-dash back in. VERY NICE.

SUPERS

Dark Angel - 2141236+S - Sped up from #R, so now they can't FD an little and get away for free. Less coverage too, but that problem seems pretty minimal IMO.

Red Hail - 236236+HS(air) - use it in combos when the opponent is about to die. That's about it. I think you can air-dash and shit after it now, so it's at least a little better.

COMBOZ

Just for a heads up, when I say "midscreen", that means I tested it from the starting position. That said, many of those combos will carry the opponent to the wall for more stuff, meaning some of them can't be done in the same way from other distances. Try things out for yourself, or just use your judgement. Also, all combos involving corner throws assume that you're throwing the opponent into the corner unless it specifies otherwise.

MIDSCREEN

throw, 2 hit 5S©, wait, TK HS Mad Struggle

Pretty old school. You gotta be quick with the 5S so it hits them while they're still in the ball.

CORNER OR MIDSCREEN

throw, dash in, 6P, 6HS, P/S/D ball, 6HS, ball summon, ball summon

Gotta use either P, S, or D for the first ball you summon so the 6HS will whiff it (as long as you cancel the 6HS into something else). What balls you summon will depend on what kinda setup you're going for, obviously.

MIDSCREEN

throw, dash in, 6P, 6HS, Dark Angel, wait, HS Stinger, follow

SURVIVAL MODE CHAMPION

MIDSCREEN

throw, dash in, 6P, 6HS, P ball, dash in, 6P, 6HS, 623+HS/D

2nd 6P slaps the ball to make it bounce off the ground, then the 6HS slaps it forward if you do it right. Kinda cool.

MIDSCREEN

throw, dash in, 6P, 6HS, S Carcass, IAD, j.S, j.HS, j.D, land, 1 hit 5S©, JC, j.HS, ball summon

Kinda hard. Try to hit the j.D a little before they reach the wall, or you'll get a far slash instead of close slash.

MIDSCREEN

throw, dash in, 6P, 6HS, S Carcass, dash in, 6HS, Dub Curve

I like K Doobie at the end for setupz, but it's on you.

CORNER

throw, jump, wait, j.S, j.HS, j.D, land, 6P, 6HS, Dub Curve

Hella simple, yet effective. Getting the air-string is kinda awkward at first though, since you have to do the j.S at pretty much the last second.

CORNER

throw, 6P, 6HS, S Carcass, dash in, 6P, 6HS, S Carcass, dash jump, j.S, j.P, j.S, JC, j.P, j.S, j.D

Yeah.

CORNER

throw, [s Dub Curve, 2S]xN, Dub Curve

Props to G.Blood. I've gotten up to like 5 or 6 reps on Johnny. If you keep if up too long, they'll be able to tech the slide.

WHEREVER

5D, [8], j.D, j.D, j.D, j.S, j.P, j.S, j.P, j.S, j.P, j.S, JC, j.S, j.HS, j.D

When you feel like being a jerk.

WHEREVER

5D, jump, j.HS, j.HS, HS Mad Struggle

Classic. Can be combo'd after depending on positioning, but at the very least you get time to set up balls. Easiest in the corner, especially on female characters.

MIDSCREEN

5D, jump, FD, j.HS, j.D, land, 6P, 6HS, S Carcass, dash in, 6HS, S Dub Curve, 2S, Dub Curve

MIDSCREEN

5D, jump, FD, j.HS, j.D, land, 6HS, P ball, 6P, 6HS, S Carcass, dash in, 6HS, P ball, 5S(f), HS DHM

MIDSCREEN

5D, jump, FD, j.HS, j.D, land, 6P, 6HS, S Carcass, dash in, 6HS, P ball, 6HS, warp, wait, j.HS, land, 6HS, P ball, 5S(f), FB DHM

THAT'S WHAT WE LIKE TO CALL "BIG DAMAGE"~!

CORNER

dash in, TK S Mad Struggle, land, 1 hit 5S©, S Carcass, 1 hit 2HS, HS Stinger, FRC~dash in, 2 hit 5S©, 1 hit 2HS, S Carcass, 2K, 2D, ball summon

Basic. At the end you can prolly do 5HS xx Dub Curve, but the timing seems a lot tighter in AC than before.

MIDSCREEN

dash in, 6HS, HS Dub Curve, FRC, dash jump, j.HS (hits lightning ball), land, 6HS, P ball, 6HS, warp, j.HS (hits P ball), land, 6HS, P ball, 5S(f) (hits P ball), HS DHM

Stolen from "Requiem". Does about 230 damage, but the only characters it really seems to work well on are Faust, Johnny, and Axl because of their long hitboxes while sliding.

THE SETUPS

CORNER

throw (away from corner), 2 hit 5S©, 5S(f), HS ball, K ball. Dash jump, j.K (hits top ball), airdash backwards, j.S (cross-up) OR whiff j.P, land, throw

The other option is just landing with 2K, which leads to some goofy options such as [2K, 2 hit 5S©, 5HS, warp, j.S, land, combo]. Obviously they can mash out of the 5HS stagger, but it's still a kinda cool combo.

CORNER

throw, 6P, 6HS, D ball, 6HS, K ball, HS ball. dash jump, j.HS ( hits top 2 balls), land, 2 hit 2D, S Carcass, 6P, 6HS, S Carcass, dash in, 6HS, 623+HS/D

OR

throw, 6P, 6HS, D ball, 6HS, K ball, HS ball. dash jump, j.HS ( hits top 2 balls), low air-dash, j.S, j.HS, land, 1 hit 5S©, S Carcass, 5HS, wait, 5S(f), HS Stinger, FRC~dash in, 2 hit 5S©, 5HS, K Dub Curve

The 2 hit 2D thing can get kinda character specific. Right now I know it works on Ky and Eddie at least.

MIDSCREEN

throw, 1 hit 5S©, HS Ball, 2hit 5S©, JC, j.HS, K ball, land, [2P, 2S, S Dub Curve, 5S(f), S Stinger, dash jump, j.S], same mix-up as above

Works pretty similar to the above, but the blockstring before the mix-up makes it so that they eat a lot more damage due to the guard bar. Combos are gonna be a bit different since you don't have the idle ball, though.

GENERAL STRATEGERY

First off, lemme say that you should pretty much always be charging. It's a bit awkward at first, but having a Stinger or Carcass ready to go greatly increases your offensive options at any given moment. On a related note, do most of your charging with [1] so you can use either a Stinger OR a Carcass depending on the situation.

2S is a great move to start the round with, especially against poke happy characters. It beats just about any ground based normal at the start, and recovers fast enough for you to still be able to AA most jump-ins if it whiffs. Only problem is that the move hits pretty low, so you gotta watch for shit like Bandit Revolvers, Greed Sever, Jam IAD fire kick, and Chipp's 6K. Also be careful against Testament and Axl since the have counter that can fuck you up (Venom can't cancel 2S into anything fast enough to get away from Warrant as far as I know). On hit or block, I like to get my offense going by doing the following:

2S, S Stinger, dash in, 5S(f), ball summon, or

2S, S Carcass, IAD j.K, j.S, j.HS, whatever

If you're expecting some kinda IAD attempt, you can wait and do 2HS xx S Carcass, then combo afterwards. If they like to backdash at the start of the round a lot, 5S(f) xx HS Stinger works pretty well. Aside from those situations, I'll normally either jump forward with j.P and come down with j.K/S, or IAD back with j.D if I wanna just run away.

MISC

Doing 6p, 6HS, S Carcass:

You need to start charging as soon as you input the 6HS, before it even comes out. Then hit up and slash somewhere around the middle of the 6HS animation. It's kinda tricky, but you kinda get used to it eventually. Not really much else to be said, so just go practice bitches.

Some ball formations I've worked on and may prove useful.

Ball Formations

Attack:

P ball (launch with 5p, 6p, 5hs, very basic)

K ball (launch with j.k, basic air advancement)

S ball (slightly more spaced than P ball, hit with 5p early or 5s after set)

HS ball (furthest spaced with similar height as K ball, can be used with CR and advancing air strategy)

D ball (launch with 5k on the way down, or 2p/2k when animation is done, very basic)

K ball, P ball (running 5p hits both balls in a straight line)

P ball, S ball (same as the previous with more space)

K ball, S ball (launch with 6p, 5p, or 5hs for split)

P ball, S ball, K ball + followup P ball (5p launches P and S balls, running P ball set, launch to hit K ball for 4 balls)

HS ball, D ball (running 2k hits both balls low to the ground)

P ball, K ball (launch with 6p or 5p for split)

P ball, K ball + follwup P ball (launch with 5p, dashing P ball)

S ball, P ball (works in the same fashion as K ball, P ball, you can space it to save one ball)

K ball, S ball, P ball (launch with 5p, forms a triangle and gives a three way split)

K ball, P ball, S ball (similar to above, but more spaced)

-With any ball set that is launched, you can also charge a SA/CR along with them, provided you are at a safe distance/have cover, for added pressure and an extra ball.

Defense:

HS Ball, K ball (really great set for cover and good for pressure options)

D Ball, S ball (another great set)

Venom has not changed all that much as far as ball setup is concerned from Slash. So if you are somewhat familiar with Slash Venom and ball setup, you should not be at a learning disadvantage. It will just take some memorization to get the patterns down.

-Done with this section(I think).

COMBOZ

MIDSCREEN

throw, dash in, 6P, 6HS, S Carcass, IAD, j.S, j.HS, j.D, land, 1 hit 5S©, JC, j.HS, ball summon

Kinda hard. Try to hit the j.D a little before they reach the wall, or you'll get a far slash instead of close slash.

MIDSCREEN

throw, dash in, 6P, 6HS, S Carcass, dash in, 6HS, Dub Curve

I like K Doobie at the end for setupz, but it's on you.

any tips on how to connect those combos? i can't seem to charge fast enough for the S Carcass... and even when i get the S Carcass to come out the combo is techable...

You need to start charging as soon as you input the 6HS, before it even comes out. Then hit up and slash somewhere around the middle of the 6HS animation. It's kinda tricky, but you kinda get used to it eventually.

Here's some fun stuff. After any boing in the corner, you can going into most any of the loops. You can usually work into the Doobieloop after either, which is good. 1) 214P Loop. Best damage, hard to hit because of the erratic way the ball bounces. 2) S.Carcass Loop. Very reliable, very powerful. 3) Doobie Loop. Low damage, but lots of reps, and really hilarious. Some examples: Throw, 6P 6H S.Doob, (2S/2D S.Doob)*n Throw, 6P 6H P.Ball, 66P 6H S.Carc, 669 j.H D.Ball, j.K |> ... Throw, 6P 6H P.Ball, 66P 6H S/H.Doob ... Throw, 6P 6H S.Carc, 66H S.Doob ... Dust 9 j.HS D 2369H |> 6P 6H S.Carc, 669 j.HS ... Dust 9 j.HS D 2369H |> 6H S.Doob ... 2369D |> 6P 6H P.Ball, 66P H S.Doob ... H.Doob K.Ball, j.K, |> 2D S.Carc, 66S 6P 6HS S.Carc ... To extend on Titan's mid screen Dust combo, you can just do this: Dust, FD j.D, 6P 6H S.Carc ... I think it works better at a range than using j.H too.

You need to start charging as soon as you input the 6HS, before it even comes out. Then hit up and slash somewhere around the middle of the 6HS animation. It's kinda tricky, but you kinda get used to it eventually.

tkz for that...

i was trying to do S Carcass too early so i didn't have "enough charge" to release the move and it seems that the last frames of his 6H can't be canceled...

:)Some things to sort through for the combo and misc section: Combos -6p, 5s(2 hits), 5hs, S DHM -6p, 5s(2 hits), 5hs, SA FRC -6p, 5s(2 hits), 2d(1 hit), SA FRC -6p, 5s(2 hits), 5hs, DC ball -6p, 5s(2 hits), 2d(one hit), DC ball -6p, 6hs, DC ball -P ball(hit with 5p on the way down), running 6p/5s->etc. -D ball(hit with 5k on the way down), running 6p/5s->etc. -5s(3 hits), 6p, 6hs, DC ball -5s(2 hits), 6p, 5s(3 hits), 6p, 6hs, DC ball -5s(2 hits), 6p, 5s(2 hits), 2d(1 hit), DC ball -5s(2 hits), 6p, 2s, 2d(1 hit), DC ball -Throw, DC ball -Throw, 5p(still in ball for wallbounce), DC ball -Throw, 5p(still in ball for wallbounce), 5s(2 hits), j.k, j.s, j.hs, j.236d, RH -Throw, 5p(still in ball for wallbounce), 5s(2 hits), j.k, j.s, j.hs, j.236d, land, CR -Throw, 5p(still in ball for wallbounce), 5s(2 hits), j.k, j.d, land, CR -Throw, 6p(still in ball for wallbounce), DC ball -Throw, 6p(recovered from ball), 5s(2 hits), j.k, j.d, land, CR -Throw, 5k(still in ball for wallbounce), DC ball -Throw, 5k(still in ball for wallbounce), 5s(2 hits), j.k, j.d, land, CR -Throw, 5k(still in ball for wallbounce), 5s(2 hits), j.k, j.s, j.hs, j.236d, land, CR -Throw, 5k(still in ball for wallbounce), 5s(2 hits), j.k, j.s, j.hs, j.236d, RH -Throw, 5s(2 hits)(still in ball for wallbounce), DC ball -Throw, 5s(2 hits)(still in ball for wallbounce), 5s(2 hits), j.k, j.s, j.hs, j.236d, RH(timing is a bit strict on the second 5s) -Throw, 5s(2 hits)(still in ball for wallbounce), 5s(2 hits), j.k, j.s, j.hs, j.236d, land, CR(timing is a bit strict on the second 5s) -Throw, 5s(2 hits)(still in ball for wallbounce), 5s(2 hits), j.k, j.d, land, CR(timing is a bit strict on the second 5s) -Throw, 5s(2 hits)(recovered from ball), j.k, j.d, land, CR -Throw, 5s(2 hits)(recovered from ball), j.k, j.s, j.hs, j.236d, RH -Throw, 5s(2 hits)(still in ball for wallbounce), TK HS MS (corner) -j.236d, j.k, j.s, j.hs, j.236d, RH -j.236d, j.k, j.s, j.hs, j.236d, land, CR -j.236d, j.p, j.k, j.s, j.d, land, CR -j.236d, DC ball(can be done midscreen with VERY strict timing and spacing, but best in corner) -WA, IAD j.k, j.d, j.236d, land, j.k, j.s, j.hs, RH(corner)(delay second j.k slightly for all of combo to connect) -WA, IAD j.k, j.d, j.236d, land, j.k, j.d, land, CR(corner) -WA, IAD j.k, j.d, j.236d, running 6p, 6hs, DC ball -WA, IAD j.k, j.236d, land, j.k, j.s, j.hs, RH(corner) -WA, IAD j.k, j.236d, land, j.k, j.d, land, CR(corner) -DC K ball(hits) formation, j.k(hits ball), running 6p, 5s(2 hits), 2d (one hit), DC ball -DC K ball(hits) formation, j.k(hits ball), running 6p, 5s(2 hits), 5hs, DA, running 6p, 5s(2 hits), 5hs, 623D -DC K ball(hits) formation, j.k(hits ball), running 6p, 5s(2 hits), 5hs, DA, running 6p, 5s (2 hits), 5hs, S DHM -DC K ball(hits) formation, j.k(hits ball), running 6p, 5s(2 hits), 5hs, DA, running 6p, 5s (2 hits), 2d (1 hit), DC ball -DC K ball(hits) formation, j.k(hits ball), running 6p, 5s(2 hits), 5hs, DA, running K ball, j.k (hits ball), RH -DC K ball(hits) formation, j.k(hits ball), running 6p, 5s(2 hits), 5hs, DA, running K ball, j.k (hits ball), j.236d->etc. *Notes DA=Dark Angel (2141236S) DC=Dubious Curve (421 P/K/S/HS/D) RH=Red Hail (j.236236HS) CR=Carcass Raid (Charge 2, 8 S or HS) SA=Stinger Aim (Charge 4, 6 S or HS) DHM=Double Head Morbid (623 S or HS) MS=Mad Struggle (j.236 S or HS) WA=Warp(623K) TK=Tiger Knee (EX. 2369/2147) Strats/Notes/Misc -Venom is all about PRESSURE first and foremost. He isn't about combo hits, and isn't as combo reliant as some characters. -Venom gets REALLY good options from his tension (damage, followup), so don't be afraid to use it. -Abuse Dark Angel whenever you have the oppertunity(any GG player should know this). -It's very easy to continue pressure from blocked strings that end in say 5hs, 2d or SA FRC, because he easily has enough space/time to get out a ball or two for continued pressure. -Venom's 2d now has it's #R reach back, and is only 2 frames slower (4 frames to 6 frames now). One of the best sweeps in the game. -New animation for 6p is a great addition to his arsenal, so abuse that in close range. It's also a primary combo starter. -Contrary to what some may think, he CAN airdash after his warp. For those curious, if Venom has a ball out, he will warp next to it in the air. If not, he will simply warp above his standing position. -In general, it's not a bad idea to followup with CR or SA after ball launches provided you are covered and/or have the space to do so. It adds in more pressure and an extra ball. Considering CR/SA can be charged, that can also come into play depending on how long you charge it. -If you end up in a situation where you tech/jump really high in the air, take the oppertunity to set some balls. Depending on height, you can usually get a good 2-3 set before you land. Then lay one on the ground when you land, and it brings all of them to the ground to form a formation of balls at your disposal.

Some throw combos which I happened to see and pick up from match vids: Midscreen throw, c.S, HS ball, c.S, 6P, 6HS, Warp, j.HS (combo ends), S ball, land, 2P (hit front ball), 2S, S Stinger Aim (hit back ball). Delay the j.HS a bit, so that the HS ball won't be hit. Then you'll be in between 2 knee-level balls when u land. Midscreen throw, dash in 6P, 6HS, D ball, 6HS, S ball, K ball, dash j.S (3 balls hit to cover your jump-in) This works in corner as well, though it can be possible to replace D ball with D Dubious Curve. From recent Gamechariot match vid: Corner throw, walk abit, j.S, j.HS, j.D, land, 6P, 6HS, combo of own choice

Ice Prince (did you quit millia????!!!!): Dont forget that FB Mad struggle its a great and very fast overhead, that causes a BIG ground bounce wich you can follow with things like: 6P,6H, P Ball, 6H, S Ball etc to give an example

Ice Prince (did you quit millia????!!!!): Dont forget that FB Mad struggle its a great and very fast overhead, that causes a BIG ground bounce wich you can follow with things like: 6P,6H, P Ball, 6H, S Ball etc to give an example

Yes, I did quit her sadly. ADC's are just not worth it to me. Way too character specific, and too easy to mistime and whiff for my tastes. Anywho, Venom has my full attention now.

I had listed some FB MS stuff, however I hadn't got around to posting such things as you described, though I did know about good followup oppertunity from bounce and it's awesome useage. So no worries. My main focus was primarily on ball formations, so I spent some time with that. But thank you for bringing it to my attention, I'll post up some more j.236d stuff:

-j.236d, 6hs, DC ball

-j.236d, running 6p, 6hs, DC ball

-j.236d, running 6p, 6hs, HS DHM

-j.236d, HS SA FRC, followup

-j.236d, running 5s, followup

-j.236d, S SA FRC, 5s(2 hits), air followup (corner)

^Agreed, anything for a DC ball out is nice. Just throwing out options. I saw you post something similar to it on your other post, so I figured I'd just throw in stuff that wasn't on here yet. Otherwise, it would have been included, my dear GB. :razz:

holy crap lots of good material here, i'm gonna have to sit down with the game tomorrow and thursday and start practicing some stuff. one thing i do wanna throw out there that i noticed just from playing last time, FB:CR is "OK" for some corner pressure since you can do it early instead of on wake up and if they try to move it'll usually come down on them HS-Mad struggle in the corner seems to have more untechable frames, it's absolutely possible to dash in and c.s into whatever you make your combo, so any sort of 2d,(IAD)s,236hs(flip), 66c.s, jc, <combo), pretty sure you could also do 236H, into a quick 66(2), 2HS(2hit) s-CR ( possibly long enough to dash back in for c.s or you could always go 6p,6hs, <combo>) SORRY if this sounds scrubbish, I've only gotten to play the game for a couple rounds so far, even though it's at home. keep up the good work, you guys are rockin!

I dunno if you meant that HS Mad Struggle gives you a higher launch or something, but it's never been techable if you hit with the flipkick at the end. And for the record, I haven't posted many super basic combos because this isn't really the thread for people that are new to Venom. Not to be a dick or anything, but those that don't understand Stinger or CR loops should go check out C-GOD's old thread for fundamentals. A lot has changed due to new ball formations and whatnot, but it's still a good resource. Also, I'm trying to avoid repetitive combos and strats a little. At this point, you can all prolly guess that just about any launch can lead to a 6P, 6HS, CR or a 3 ball setup (or Dub Curve loop in the corner). The shit I'm looking for right now are unique combos/setups like the throw into warp thing Axel posted.

Yes, HS MS isn't techable if you hit the flipkick, trip. So followup is possible (especially so in corner). It doesn't have more untech frames, and as far as I know, it's still the same as the Slash version. :) I totally agree with Titan, the C-God post does have some nifty info for players beginning Venom. I really would suggest everyone taking another peek at it, beginners and more experienced alike. On another note, I have seen somewhere I believe, an S doobie ender off B&B into SA (charge to level 2) for slight oki delay, K doobie (second knockdown), j.k it on oki, IAD j.k, j.d, j.236d, SA FRC, 5s(2 hits), j.k, j.s, j.hs, RH ender. Thoughts on this? It looked really hot, but it did use up 100 tension. I toyed around with it, and my own thoughts would be that it's nice if you know you're going to win the round and want to be flashy, but if you are able to get the j.236d off, you can always improvise with something like j.k, j.d, doobie or a 5s/6p followup.

so yeah it seems my brother doomscyther has gotten a bit better with johnny. whats some tips. getting out of the corner seems to be a bitch.

Yeah but Ice.P. i was talking of using a TK FB Mad Struggle during pressure, like after a c.S, etc, then you can do any combo you posted there Edit: To escape from corner? just warp + airdash, and if u have tension...what better to get your opp away than Dark Angel or FB Double Head Morbid?

vegta: Take that to the matchup thread please. :) Diveman: Sorry I misunderstood. :razz: Yes, you could do followup from a 5s starter into pretty much any j.236D combo. Also of note, some interesting items: -Throw, Doobie FRC, running 5s(3 hits), air followup (corner) -Random 6hs/6p,6hs, Doobie FRC, running 5s (3 hits), air followup (corner)

Blade: I'm actually doing research/testing on something similar. Once I get a bit more time of working with it, I'll have something posted up. Perhaps Titan might have a "solid" answer for you in the meantime.

Yeah, i didnt notice it until i tried, and thanks to FB MS insane speed, you can do 5s (2hit) and the TKd FB MD, follow up, personally i dont think that the freezing effect is that useful or worth of that 25%, that could be me of course, maybe it has some uses, thanks Ice P. PD: hahah Ice P. sounds like some nigga rapper

Sign in to follow this