Sign in to follow this  
TittyFOFO

Accent Core Venom Thread

Haha, I do listen to quite a bit of rap actually, but I'm white. :razz: Anywho, I think this might change your mind Diveman, regarding the freeze effect not being useful for 25% tension....try this(you to Blade since you were asking for something): -P ball, K ball, S ball, D ball, HS ball, CR FB (I call it the GOD Wall) You can technically catch them with a Dobbie P ball from a B&B or something, and start it that way if you wish. A charged CR FB also stays in place, and stays charged up as well. Have fun. :) EDIT: Apparently, you can get up to 2 walls (total of 10 balls) on the screen at one time before they start to disappear (simple time issue with how long they stay active). So for 50 tension, you can can have up to 10 active balls on the screen, frozen and activated. Nasty. However, finding time to get the first wall out isn't THAT easy, and it's use is situational for the most part. You can easily get it set up if you hit a j.236d and commit from the long bounce. CH 6hs gives around the same amount of time as well. Off of a Doobie, you should have enough time to get 3-4 balls out. Dark Angel from knockdown would give enough time to get it rolling as well, provided it gets contact. Ball formation launch spam could give you enough time as well. Mainly, it's useage will stem from whether or not you want to commit to it. Obviously, the above options have numerous other followups, so that would be entirely up to you. I'm still researching some of the "better" ways to implement this formation, and these just happen to be some of the ones I've come up with thus far.

EDIT: Apparently, you can get up to 2 walls (total of 10 balls) on the screen at one time before they start to disappear (simple time issue with how long they stay active). So for 50 tension, you can can have up to 10 active balls on the screen, frozen and activated. Nasty.

However, finding time to get the first wall out isn't THAT easy, and it's use is situational for the most part. You can easily get it set up if you hit a j.236d and commit from the long bounce. CH 6hs gives around the same amount of time as well. Off of a Doobie, you should have enough time to get 3-4 balls out. Dark Angel from knockdown would give enough time to get it rolling as well, provided it gets contact. Ball formation launch spam could give you enough time as well. Mainly, it's useage will stem from whether or not you want to commit to it. Obviously, the above options have numerous other followups, so that would be entirely up to you. I'm still researching some of the "better" ways to implement this formation, and these just happen to be some of the ones I've come up with thus far.

Guess our beautiful discussion (which killed an hour of my study time) was not in vain. HAHAHAAHAHA. Good work man, keep it up ^-^ (and my exam is in two hours)

Technically speaking though, isn't there a way where you can line up just maybe three balls? instead of all of them? Have the top ball, middle ball, and maybe a low ball (maybe even two is enough. One to stop them jumping, one to stop them dashing). Shrug. That way the set up should be pretty easy, quick AND!!! you can fuck them up in the corner. Just a possibility. I dun have AC, nor slash, so again just possibilities for you to test bro.

Kasou: :) After I recover from the Doobie Curve the club gave me, I'm going to look further into it. I believe it will possible, at least hopefully. I have a few formations I'm going to test out later, and should have a report posted up before the weekend is over, at least that's what I'm shooting for. EDIT: Throw followup near corner I forgot to post (irrelevant to above statement). -Throw, 5k(still in ball for wallbounce), 5k, 5s(3 hits), j.k, j.s, jc j.k, j.s, j.hs, j.236d, RH 75% tension for decent damage and knockdown. A bit off the wall(and tension using), but.....eh. It's cute.

Played Practice mode for a bit yesterday... Been playing with the "Freeze pop" formations, u can do partially charged FB CA then release and then do a stinger aim and that sticks it. Depending on who ure fighting that could help. Sometimes ill knock a p ball at the person and have the FB SA kinda charged and stick it right behind that. Works great if ure by the corner, because all u have to do is FD there offense and u can push them into the mini "black hole". Hey are the freezy setups a ps2 only thing? I never see any jap venoms use it, maybe they didnt think it was useful. For some reason I keep messing up the 6p,6hs, S CR loop. I just finally got a nice bit of time in practice mode tho. I found out you can do either: 1. 6HS, p ball summon, 6p, 6hs, RC, 6p, 6HS, p ball summon, run up 6p, 6HS, 623 Hs 2. (counter hit) 6p, 6HS, p ball summon, 6p, 6hs, RC, 6p, 6HS, p ball summon, run up 6p, 6HS, 623 Hs 3. (Corner) IAD j.s, j.hs, j.D, land 6p, 6hs, p ball summon, 6p, 6HS, RC, run up 6p, 6HS, p ball summon 6p, 6HS, 623 Hs 4. (Corner) IAD j.s, j.hs., J. 236D, land 6p, 6hs, p ball summon, run up 6p, 6HS, FB 623 D (for knockdown) 5. 5D, J.s. j.hs. j.d, 236 Hs land 6p, 6hs, p ball summon, run up 6p, 6hs, FB 623 D. Actually you can eliminate the RC and just do a FB DHM for the knockdown to continue pressure on some the above combos. You sacrifice a rep of damage but more pressure for venom is better at times. How much damage does a normal 6p, 6HS, S CR do? The combos above to seem to elaborate but they do 170+ without guard bar (with the RC of course). I think I did like 220 something on dizzy. LOl i dont even want to think of chip. All these combos were done on sol, ky, dizzy, potemkin, and jam. Jam is wierd tho, she seems to fall alittle farther than everyone else. I hope there combos help somewhat, always reading what u guys put up (keep up the good work guys), so I thought i would try to help, lol.

Played Practice mode for a bit yesterday... Been playing with the "Freeze pop" formations, u can do partially charged FB CA then release and then do a stinger aim and that sticks it. Depending on who ure fighting that could help. Sometimes ill knock a p ball at the person and have the FB SA kinda charged and stick it behind that. Works great if ure by the corner, because if they opponent messes up the "black hole" will suck them in, lol Hey is the freezy setups a ps2 only thing? I never see any jap venoms use it, maybe they didnt think it was useful. For some reason I keep messing up the 6p,6hs, S CR loop. I just finally got a nice bit of time in practice mode tho. I found out you can do either: 1.6HS, p ball summon, 6p, 6hs, RC, 6p, 6HS, p ball summon, run up 6p, 6HS, 623 Hs 2. ( counter hit) 6p, 6HS, p ball summon, 6p, 6hs, RC, 6p, 6HS, p ball summon, run up 6p, 6HS, 623 Hs (1 would be the normal way of getting someone hit be they combo, 2 woul be if u beat there jump in or random counter hit) 3. (Corner) IAD j.s, j.hs, j.D, land 6p, 6hs, p ball, 6p, 6HS, RC, run up 6p, 6HS, p ball summon 6p, 6HS, 623 Hs 4. (Corner) IAD j.s, j.hs., J. 236D, land 6p, 6hs, p summon cancel, run up 6p, 6HS, FB 623 D (for knockdown) Actually to change up u can eliminate the RC and just do a FB DHM for the knockdown to continue pressure. You sacrifice a rep but more pressure for venom is good too. How much damage does a normal 6p, 6HS, S CR do? The combos above to seem to elaborate but they do 170+ without guard bar (with the RC of course). I think i did like 220 something on dizzy. LOl i dont even want to think of chip. All these combos were done on sol, ky, dizzy, potemkin, and jam. Jam is wierd tho, she seems to fall alittle farther than everyone else. I hope there combos help somewhat, always reading what u guys put up, so I thought i would try to help.

No I don't believe it's only PS2. I've seen Nanasi use it once in a match vid. Damage wise on 6p, 6hs, S CR can range anywhere from about 160-200+ depending on opponent and guage.

But Ice.p how can I do the S CR loop, because i dont get the timing to start charging the CR after 6H, any help???????

Titan explains this in an earlier post. You need to start charging pretty early, before you see the 6hs animation, but not too early or you'll cancel into a 2hs instead (at least this is how I've done it). It just takes some practice and some patience.

u got a link to that nanasi match? i actually seen n-otoko way more in Ac than nanasi. there both real good venoms.

But Ice.p how can I do the S CR loop, because i dont get the timing to start charging the CR after 6H, any help???????

titan explained this to me on the first page but basically, do 6P -> 6H quickly and right before the 6H starts, charge... try to cancel as late as possible...

no worries i was just seeing how he used the a freeze ball in a match. btw thx darkhonor that was a nice match, i havent fought a good order sol yet but he sure is kinda scary.

Hello, I just started playing with venom a while ago. I have a question. What balls/ball formations are mainly used for pressuring purposes, and what balls are used for attacking purposes.

Some ball formations I've worked on and may prove useful.

Ball Formations

Attack:

P ball (launch with 5p, 6p, 5hs, very basic)

K ball (launch with j.k, basic air advancement)

S ball (slightly more spaced than P ball, hit with 5p early or 5s after set)

HS ball (furthest spaced with similar height as K ball, can be used with CR and advancing air strategy)

D ball (launch with 5k on the way down, or 2p/2k when animation is done, very basic)

K ball, P ball (running 5p hits both balls in a straight line)

P ball, S ball (same as the previous with more space)

K ball, S ball (launch with 6p, 5p, or 5hs for split)

P ball, S ball, K ball + followup P ball (5p launches P and S balls, running P ball set, launch to hit K ball for 4 balls)

HS ball, D ball (running 2k hits both balls low to the ground)

P ball, K ball (launch with 6p or 5p for split)

P ball, K ball + follwup P ball (launch with 5p, dashing P ball)

S ball, P ball (works in the same fashion as K ball, P ball, you can space it to save one ball)

K ball, S ball, P ball (launch with 5p, forms a triangle and gives a three way split)

K ball, P ball, S ball (similar to above, but more spaced)

-With any ball set that is launched, you can also charge a SA/CR along with them, provided you are at a safe distance/have cover, for added pressure and an extra ball.

Defense:

HS Ball, K ball (really great set for cover and good for pressure options)

D Ball, S ball (another great set)

Venom has not changed all that much as far as ball setup is concerned from Slash. So if you are somewhat familiar with Slash Venom and ball setup, you should not be at a learning disadvantage. It will just take some memorization to get the patterns down.

-Done with this section(I think).

There you go lol. Credit to Iceprince

ryujin! the only venom i'll probably ever get to play against!! So I've had AC since it came out basically but i've been really busy with work and gf haven't had time to play much. this is all i got so far.. New HS-SA-FRC frames have made it easier to do the old 2k,c.s(2),4hs,hs-sa-frc66, repeat, easy to get a 15+ combo going without problems in training. Another combo, this doesn't work, but i would love for someone to mess with it and find a way to make it useful. Make sure training is at startup(no movement yet) hball, pball, 9j, late FB MS (hits hball and opponent), falling slash(hits pball, bounces hits opp and floats), dash in, c.s(3), j.k, js, js, jd does about 168 damage, but spacing is pretty strict, probably too strict, might have potential in corner with different balls but similar technique. Hopefully someone else can play with this and see if there's any potential there. Probably already covered this, but hey, if i add one new mix i'll feel like i contributed. :yaaay: i'll add directional numbers in case it helps(in relation to the original ball), sorry if it just clutters the post. Also I'll use abbrevations like L/C H/F in this case: L: lower H: higher C: closer F: further FB CR freezeball list. pball: freezes ball slightly L/C(1) than where pball was. kball: little bit front of venom's face about as far apart as pball but literally in opposite side.(9) sball: (does not freeze, both of them go at FBCR angle) h ball: H/C (7) about the same spacing as p and k from original ball. Dball: same as sball, both follow CR trajectory lvl two, this gets a little interesting :) P-X ball: takes on the property of X ball above (s doesn't work etc, pball never gets hit) p-D(EXCEPTION): leaves ball very far, slightly L/F than H ball (not much lower) K-P ball: same positioning only a little more (1) than before (same spacing appears to be from all the balls) K-S ball: interesting one, puts both fballs(freeze) right next to each other, about chest height on venom K-H:leaves ball slightly 7 of hs ball, k ball stays K-D: neat, both balls bounce twice, hits 3rd & first 2 get stuck far S-P: switches from one high then one lower(3) to close one low and 2nd one higher(9) same spacing basically flipped over S-K: leaves single ball where close ball was, other ball untouched S-H:LOL this one is fun, basically this one is 9 slope, when ball hits, freezes far ball, 1st 2 go up, come down, hit fball, and then fball moves and 1st 2 freeze highly recommend you check this one out, not necessarily useful but :) S-D: (also does the same fball switchup effect) this one leaves one ball above the other at waste and foot height. (low ball a little further away) H-P: replaces pball but C/L(1) H-K: both balls go and leaves 1 ball face height within p range H-S: no effect, front ball follows CR traj, back ball stays H-D: no effect, further ball stays others go CRtraj D-P: replaces close ball L/C D-K: replaces first ball L/F D-S:no effect D-H:replaces first leaving it l/c from 2nd I'll make post 2 for bigger combo's

PKS: P ball stays, you're left w/2 balls next to each other at mid height k ball goes out (9) PKH: replaces Hball PKD: NEAT!!! travels all the way, replaces far balls but L/C, same distance final ball frozen at the very top of screen might be good for air zoning...maybe (while visible, if used right the high ball could probably go undetected, as it's above lifebar) I almost missed it and moved on while making this list :) PSK:replaces pball :( PSH: leaves 2 balls sloping 3 at Hball length PSD: hard to describe leaves far ball at chest, even further ball above head(think old 6p height) and a final third ball at foot height in PHK:leaves 2 balls going 9 close ball within p range, punching makes them split PHS:nothing, front ball follows cr PHD: skips low ball follows and leaves a very far and somewhat spaced out 9 slope at H(maybe +) range KPS:two balls next to each other at waist height KPH: replaces high ball KPD:OOOOH very similar to the PKD mentioned above, only leaves final ball even higher, only the glow and a TINY sliver of pink can be seen without jumping KSP:leaves a VERY close knee high ball, and a med range waist, far ball left untouched KSH:neat, all three freeze then the top one shoots off, leaving another 3 frozen only slightly lower, very cool, makes a nice wall in front of KSD:NEAT as well, leaves 3 balls in a curve going L/F and 4th ball SLOOOOWLY goes 9 KHP:replaces 1st two balls, 1 close to you, 1 at S range, and one H KHS:replaces front balls, next to each other c.to venom KHD:leaves 1 balls total, replaces far ball, leaves low ball alone SPK:replaces first ball SPH:neat, comes up, makes far ball move, refreezes and makes the closer fball leave again, left with L/F(3) line at H+ distance, low ball left alone SPD:OMG smiilar to KSD, check these out :) SKP:same as KHP basically SKH:similar to KSH (see a pattern here?) SKD:similar to KSD, check this out ;) SHP:similar to KHP SHK:leaves 1 close ball and 1 far low SHD:makes a low triangle at H distance with front balls frozens, could be decent actually SDP:similar to KHP SDK:leaves 1st ball frozen, rest untouched SDH:similar to KSD but faster HPK:leaves 2 ball going 9 HPS:nothing, front ball follows cr HPD:leaves frozen far ball where H was, low ball untouched HKP:similar to KHP HKS:not bad, 2 frozen balls next to each other and an unfrozen behind you, good defense? HKD:eh, leavevs a lower h ball and an S range low ball(unfrozen) HSP:sloping 9 line of 3 fballs HSK:eh leaves face height fball and regular low H length ball HSD:makes another triangle like previous one(SHD) but first two are kind've spread out, might be the same as other one HDP:replaces close ball HDK:leaves two sloping (3) fballs at S range HDS:nothing, front ball follows CR DPK:similar to KHP, hitting P will make a split DPS:nothing DPH:replaces the closer of the far balls DKP:replaces first two, makes a 9 slope starting close DKS:replaces 2 next to each other, close DKH:same as DPH above * DHP:replaces first 2, makes a * * design DHK:leaves 2 fballs 9 slope, top ball prange, lower ball srange DHS:nothing

if you look at the nuru vs i think naqn or whatever (venom vs jam, it's on the video thread)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ms8XD8DnJU (in case yer lazy hehe)

in the 4th round he does a combo (twice) that looks like corner grab, j.s, j.h, j.D, 6p, 6h, 2 balls, reset, repeat.

I seem to be having trouble pulling it off, i'm doing it against jam, but it seems like either my hard slash knocks her down too fast for the dust to connect, or i connect all 3 but it's not a beat combo (techable)...any tips on the timing, and practicality of it?

Also, the throw, pDC, 2s,5h,DC leads into loop? or just a high damage reset?

if you look at the nuru vs i think naqn or whatever (venom vs jam, it's on the video thread)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ms8XD8DnJU (in case yer lazy hehe)

in the 4th round he does a combo (twice) that looks like corner grab, j.s, j.h, j.D, 6p, 6h, 2 balls, reset, repeat.

I seem to be having trouble pulling it off, i'm doing it against jam, but it seems like either my hard slash knocks her down too fast for the dust to connect, or i connect all 3 but it's not a beat combo (techable)...any tips on the timing, and practicality of it?

Also, the throw, pDC, 2s,5h,DC leads into loop? or just a high damage reset?

I was also having problems timing the HS as well so that's why i made a combo of my own.

(Corner) Throw, 5k (make sure he wallbounces) j.s, j.hs, j.d, 6p, 6hs......(it's your choice from there on).

Might not help a lot (since 5k protrates 90%), but it has a better chance of connecting.

hey thats not bad, sounds like it should work fine (at work can't playtest) off my head couldn't you also do c.s or s to do wall bounce? or would it be too much to continue combo? I figure if you can use the c.s(1) similar to the mid screen throw combo you can probably jump cancel from the c.s and do the same (maybe). Not sure if the physics for it are right, but should help with prorating. Also, has anyone tried the combo i mentioned from training mode? Hball, Pball, 9j(regular jump forward), 236d(get in a little before you do it), s(as you begin to fall) hits pball, land, pball floats long enough for you to run in and c.s(3), jk, js, js,jh,ball, or whatever air combo you like. the combo i used with c.s into w/e did about 168 damage, so it's comparable to your typical 6p,6h combo's... After thinking about it, it MIGHT be possible instead of c.s(3) jump combo you MIGHT be able to run in and 6p,6h,CR etc. not sure if the 6p will float them long enough for you to get 6h in there though. in which if i could see probably a corner version done maybe using HS on the pball in the corner (probably have to use a different setup than the h,P balls, but thats fine for something after a reset, could give our high/love game in a corner some extra options.) Someone please tinker with this, there has to be a similar setup that lets us do it under different conditions.

hey thats not bad, sounds like it should work fine (at work can't playtest) off my head couldn't you also do c.s or s to do wall bounce? or would it be too much to continue combo? I figure if you can use the c.s(1) similar to the mid screen throw combo you can probably jump cancel from the c.s and do the same (maybe). Not sure if the physics for it are right, but should help with prorating.

Also, has anyone tried the combo i mentioned from training mode?

Hball, Pball, 9j(regular jump forward), 236d(get in a little before you do it), s(as you begin to fall) hits pball, land, pball floats long enough for you to run in and c.s(3), jk, js, js,jh,ball, or whatever air combo you like. the combo i used with c.s into w/e did about 168 damage, so it's comparable to your typical 6p,6h combo's...

After thinking about it, it MIGHT be possible instead of c.s(3) jump combo you MIGHT be able to run in and 6p,6h,CR etc. not sure if the 6p will float them long enough for you to get 6h in there though. in which if i could see probably a corner version done maybe using HS on the pball in the corner (probably have to use a different setup than the h,P balls, but thats fine for something after a reset, could give our high/love game in a corner some extra options.)

Someone please tinker with this, there has to be a similar setup that lets us do it under different conditions.

Don't know...............I'll try it out tomorrow. 6p after the grab will work fine.......i guess.

The hits of the j.S j.HS j.D part need to be spaced out. If you can't get the j.D to connect it's because Venom is too high. Jump immediately after throwing but hit j.S as late as possible i.e. at the peak of Venom's jump, right before the opponent can tech. This is so Venom descends as he does j.HS -> j.D, bringing him closer to the opponent and the ground. To get a feel for the timing of the j.S I repeatedly threw the dummy and let it tech. After memorizing the moment when the opponent can tech (using the tech sound effect as an audio cue) timing the j.S became much easier.

Also, if you hit j.D too early the opponent will be too high for 6P or 6HS to connect, or at least in the case of Jam. I also tried the combo against Testament and it felt easier. I'll test it on other characters later.

yeah im trying to get that j.s,j.hs, j.d consistantly but yeah i space it out and it typically works and then i can do 6p into whatever. *looks at all the stuff trippies put* Good stuff man, u got aim or msn? When i freeze Fb ball i typically do it after punching a p ball so its right behind it. The good thing is that u can mix it up by either putting a normal Stinger Aim behind it or even cancel it when u see them dash then u get a free AA (6p,6HS).

aim: trippies (we've played at the one tourney in lake worth). anyone can hit me up, although I'm not really that good, i was just willing to do some grunt work. I did all the CR ones because it requires less timing so it would be easier to post up here all at once. the 6p ball SA FB works pretty good for me too. I got the timing down on the combo, it's great :-D

Sign in to follow this