Sign in to follow this  
TittyFOFO

Accent Core Venom Thread

so just wanted to point out, the training mode combo i mentioned.... after doing the hball, pball, 9j, 236d, landing s, dash in... instead of the very typical air juggle, i decided to see if i could link 6p, 6hs and still get the bounce before they hit the ground. the answer is YES YOU CAN I did a simple 6p, 6h, CR, 6p, 6h, H-DHM(not even dust)...and.... I BROKE 200 damage! so i definitely think this combo has potential, i'm also pretty sure you can skip the hball and just drop a pball for it but obviously the hball adds some meat to the 236d anyone please try playing around with this, even if its a little lower in damage it would be awesome. I will see what i can do about possibly uploading a small video in a day or two trippies

^ nice. A Combo: (Corner) j.hs, j.236D, land, 6p, 6hs, k Ball, 6p, 6hs, Hs DHM (or if you have 25% tension, use the FB DHM for an ensured knockdown + make sure to get that k ball to connect well). Wastes good damage and ensures a knockdown (if FB DHM is used). Another thing is that, after a j.236D, you can go for a j.236HS, instantly after that and combo away. Example: (Corner) j.hs, j.236D, j.236HS, CR, 6p, 6hs.................( your choice from there on). BTW, trippies, what type of ball formations do you use the most? P.S: New vidz added in the video thread.

eh, to be honest with you, my ball game is really weak right now in accent core, I'm still habitually using older formations ( some of which don't even work anymore >< ) yeah I've been playing with the 236d,236h, as well, great easy setup. So I hate to be the one to say it, but looking at our combo lists, it looks like venom is really all about grabbing you by the balls. :vbang:

eh, to be honest with you, my ball game is really weak right now in accent core, I'm still habitually using older formations ( some of which don't even work anymore >< )

yeah I've been playing with the 236d,236h, as well, great easy setup.

So I hate to be the one to say it, but looking at our combo lists, it looks like venom is really all about grabbing you by the balls. :vbang:

Actually, i just started playing with him a week ago + this is my first time playing wiht him as well, so it's a challenge to learn the ball set-ups, etc.

As Titan said, those are the meat and potatoes of his game.

Keep 'em comin. :toot:

Well it seems that they ARE going to release a new guilty gear accent core for the US. A new, BUG FREE version made by a different developer....On the bright side, this means HOS can no longer use Faultless Defense to avoid falling from potemkin's head slide (which he should NOT be able to do), on the down side, this means we're probably gonna lose our freeze balls. Any thoughts or opinions about accident core venom and accent core? I don't think the freeze balls are THAT amazing/broken for the setup, charge time, and bar required. Just my personal opinion, it wouldn't be the first time they kept one of venom's glitches cuz it just made sense (JI teleport).

I don't think the stationary balls are a glitch, or at least not a console exclusive one. Pretty sure I've seen them used in Jap match vids.

It's answered earlier in this post, and also in another thread started by me. On a side note, I just watched a tutorial video for testament in ac (player made not evo vid), and it makes me sad to say we'll prob. never get one for accent core :( One of the 'sections' in the video discussed tech punish moves. It got me to thinking, which venom moves are good for tech punishing. I've had some of USA's better players (flash metroid specifically) catch me a couple of times with a tech punish and it's certainly demoralizing and adds great pressure on the opponent. Figure venom of all people should have some nice tech punish combos but I've never seen them, most of the combos focus on high pressure using balls, but venom lacks major defense (pokes etc.) and a DHM tech punish combo would be GREAT.

Yeah, I'm definitely not making a tutorial vid. Don't have the resources or the time. But if you want clips of any of the individual combos I've posted to see how they work or whatever, I can try to make that happen. They won't be high quality or anything since all I have to record is my digicam, but I dunno. Thought I'd put that out. I'll add the 6P,6HS, CR thing to the "guide" so noone asks anymore hopefully ;[ I normally just tech punish with airthrows into knockdown. I guess you can 6P into whatever if you're expecting a low neutral tech. HS Carcass Ride is good after aircombos in case they tech forward or try to tech and air-dash back in. That's about all I can think of, since Venom's game mostly revolves around taking knockdowns anyway.

lol yeah, i gotto admit that a single knockdown for venom = death for opponent if the venom player is on his game, but after watching some of the tech punishes testament has, I was hoping there was a reliable tech punish that could lead into well, 6p, 6h :-p or at least maybe like a jk,hs,d (similar to the grab jump attack). Oh well, knockdown is just as good. Another question, what ball formations do you use during mid screen knockdowns for cross over? In slash I would use c.s > DC(H) > Sball > teleport/slash, but with all the new ball formations, i haven't had time to play around yet. I've got my high/low pressure pretty solid, specially with the new mad struggle. Wanna add a little more mind game to ac. I was playing a friend earlier, I set up (was just playing not trying anything out in particular and I'm pretty sure I was high at that but...I digress) a pball/sball, punched I believe (made balls split), the low ball caught my friend, and I IAD'd right after the punch, basically the one that went down hit him, I airdashed past him, hit slash with connected with opponent and knocked the high ball back down into him, then landed into 2d, DC, etc. It was a good night where the balls just happen to move the way I wanted them, but airdashing for crossover is hardly consistency I'm looking for :)

lol yeah, i gotto admit that a single knockdown for venom = death for opponent if the venom player is on his game, but after watching some of the tech punishes testament has, I was hoping there was a reliable tech punish that could lead into well, 6p, 6h :-p or at least maybe like a jk,hs,d (similar to the grab jump attack). Oh well, knockdown is just as good. Another question, what ball formations do you use during mid screen knockdowns for cross over? In slash I would use c.s > DC(H) > Sball > teleport/slash, but with all the new ball formations, i haven't had time to play around yet. I've got my high/low pressure pretty solid, specially with the new mad struggle. Wanna add a little more mind game to ac. I was playing a friend earlier, I set up (was just playing not trying anything out in particular and I'm pretty sure I was high at that but...I digress) a pball/sball, punched I believe (made balls split), the low ball caught my friend, and I IAD'd right after the punch, basically the one that went down hit him, I airdashed past him, hit slash with connected with opponent and knocked the high ball back down into him, then landed into 2d, DC, etc. It was a good night where the balls just happen to move the way I wanted them, but airdashing for crossover is hardly consistency I'm looking for :)

lol yeah, i gotto admit that a single knockdown for venom = death for opponent if the venom player is on his game, but after watching some of the tech punishes testament has, I was hoping there was a reliable tech punish that could lead into well, 6p, 6h :-p or at least maybe like a jk,hs,d (similar to the grab jump attack). Oh well, knockdown is just as good.

Well, if you're looking for a 2-ball formation that allows you to hit both balls with the crossup j. S, you won't find one, at least not in AC. But, if you forget a little about the second ball, there are some good options left:

1.- S Ball - D Ball - Warp

2.- S Ball - K Ball - Warp

3.- D Ball - P Ball - Warp

4.- K Ball - H Ball - Warp

Those are ordered from worst to best, in my opinion. You can use different ones, depending where you want to land (front or back) and how far your opponent is from you. I personally prefer the K - H one because, after you warp, you have both balls close 2 you, while in the other 3 you leave a ball away.

By the way, I would like someone to test this idea for me (since I don't own the game, and won't be playing it in at least a month): if you decide, instead of crossing up or air attacking, to fake the attack, land and do the following

2K xx 6P (hits opponent and both balls) xx 6H xx S Carcass Raid - Dash in, continue ...

Is it possible? The two parts prone to failure are the 6P xx 6H one and the 6H xx S Carcass one.

By the way, I would like someone to test this idea for me (since I don't own the game, and won't be playing it in at least a month): if you decide, instead of crossing up or air attacking, to fake the attack, land and do the following

2K xx 6P (hits opponent and both balls) xx 6H xx S Carcass Raid - Dash in, continue ...

Is it possible? The two parts prone to failure are the 6P xx 6H one and the 6H xx S Carcass one.

I'm not sure what you mean by the xx between each attack, if you just mean if it's possible to gatling, the answer is no...

However what SHOULD work would be teleport, then MAYBE a little dash forward, and then do the following

2k, c.s(X), 6p,6h,S-CR, repeat/combo goodness

The 6p doesn't gatling from the 2k, but it does from c.s so.... yeah, of course if the 2k connects with the opponent and the 2 balls, then that should make them vulnerable enough for you to possibly just run in and 6p/blah blah..

Hope this helps, of course if the xx had any other meaning this was probably useless information. :)

2k gatlings into 6p

if you are going to respond to someone why not actually try it out first? especially when the person says they don't own it and can't test it, and you come right back with false information? wtf is wrong with you, why don't you make sure you aren't responding with some absolute Bullshit?

the combo doesn't really look worth it, if you want crossup into low just do a sweep (into SA frc whatevs) or something. what you posted looks hella inconsistent in terms of ever working reliably. It isn't just about what CAN work, it's about what works best and most reliably. Especially if some of you guys play only a few times a month, that's ridiculous.

you can't play venom half-assed. You won't get anywhere with this character unless you play several times a week. every venom user go to youtube, type in "venom accent core" something like that. Click "date added" for the most recent, then find japanese vids. If you xcopy N.O or nanashi or pond you'll do better than passing all this faulty information between yourselves.

So, I dunno if anyone saw this tactic, but it seems that if you hit a ball with a force break stinger aim or force break carcass raid, the ensuing ball stays in place.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=GHqWSYJEd1g

It is demonstrated here around 4:08

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7w0Hu1zoBw

and here at 5:15.

I think this will be extremely useful in controlling space, basically forcing someone to throw a projectile to nullify it, or screwing them over by forcing them to either stay away or run into it blocking.

edit: Just messed with it, and it seems that the ball staying in place will only be for a few seconds, then it goes away. Still, this can lead to hilarity if you charge up the stinger aim/carcass raid to full charge.

lmao you can hit the ball that's left in place. Hitting giant black holes like volleyballs is the best.

Hm, it seems you can affect more than one ball with the force break if they rebound. I tried this on the kick five-ball formation, and the balls that rebounded off of the force break stinger aim stayed in place.

ouch blacksnake, but you are absolutely right, I thought I had attempted it and it didn't work, but I later went into training mode and it absolutely does, I just never got around to deleting my post. I apologize to everyone on DL for that. :vbang: With that said, lets move on. Kenmasters if you go to the earlier pages I wrote up every ball combination (up to 3 balls) and the effects of a CR forcebreak for freezeball purposes. I didn't do SA bc if you charge it, it will have much more drastic effects on the other balls than the CR. I didn't add it's uses, I simply left the descriptions for others to play with. Hiding underneath the ball to spam like that is genius. I have to agree with blacksnake about the combo, doesn't seem worth it although yes it does seem possible. You always want to look for the BEST combos to maximize your abilities, however, venom is ALL about options. So take the best you can find, and add w/e else you can for specific circumstances. Also, blacksnake, I'm glad to see that other people agree about venom+weed. :yaaay:

I'm not sure what you mean by the xx between each attack, if you just mean if it's possible to gatling, the answer is no...

I'm sure about the gatlings. I explicitly stated what needed to be tested in the combo. Sorry for my rare conventions, but here in the Dominican Republic "xx" means "gatlings to".

the combo doesn't really look worth it, if you want crossup into low just do a sweep (into SA frc whatevs) or something.

When it's about 50/50 mixups, I prefer the ones that allow hit-detection. For example, in the wanna-be combo I posted before (I still haven't tested it), if your opponent blocks correctly, you can cancel the 6P into a Dubius (the added blockstun of the ball would allow it to combo flawlessly), and that way you would not lose the momentum, or tension. But, in the one you posted, if it's blocked, you simply lose 25% tension, and if Sol or someone with a Dragon Punch blocks it, they'll DP you hard (in counterhit) between the 2D and the S Stinger Aim.

Especially if some of you guys play only a few times a month, that's ridiculous.

I never said that I played only a few times a month. You just assumed it. It's just that I'm involved in a big final project, and until I finish it I promised not to play GGAC. I just can't control myself very well when I have a pad in my hands. But, on regular conditions, I play regularly, and Venom is my only character.

If you xcopy N.O or nanashi or pond you'll do better than passing all this faulty information between yourselves.

I don't know if you are talking about Trippies or me (or both), but, excluding what I explicitly said I needed you guys to test, everything I posted have been tested personally by me many, many times. If what you wrote isn't mean to me, just ignore this.

The primed ball is more useful when catching an opponent in a corner summoning a ball over his head and using a FB CR to prime it. This leaves him stuck in the corner, if he jumps, he jumps into a ball. In some ways, what testament's web does.

summoning a p ball after a partially charged FB CR is so nice, and looks good too. I dont know about just copying vids sometimes i like going in training mode or just discussing combos with peeps. I actually never see venoms use the freeze ball at all, just a few instances when i saw N.O use it. That could just be me tho. Watching jap vids of venom is very educational for the most part. as for 2kxx6p, i do that after a rep or 2 of Dubbies in the corner and end with a p dubbie. Trippies: FB Sa after hitting a p ball is good sometimes, you would be suprised of how many ppl get hit by a stationary ball. As for punishing techs... ill do either 6p, 6hs if they tech a little high or just an airthow into knockdown to be safe. Best thing is when ure opponent burst when ure doin pressure and u frc your SA then IB then combo, too sweet but doesnt happen too much. Oh yeah ive been playing alot of anji lately as well, does venom have any good High jump combos? I messed around with it for like less than 5 mins. something like k, JI, s hJ into something. Ill mess around with it tonight and see if i find something useful.

Has anyone figured out a way to get a 6p loop from a sweep yet? I was playing earlier today with some friends, and it looked like FB CR knocks them up high enough, but my friend teched out of it. I wasn't planning on it, so maybe I paused and thats why he got away. If this doesn't work, would a sweep into sa-FRC work for 6p loop? Damage estimate for either?

I am having trouble finding a good combo off TK FB 236D in the corner that doesnt use carcass raid. I have been doing: (TK FB) 2369D 6P 6H p ball set 6H teleport j.k (late) 6P (opponent can tech here but kinda hard) 6H ball set I do love adding teleports into combos, any help on high dmg without carcass (preferebly with a teleport lol) would be greatly appreciated.

My bad Trippies, I thought I had already posted a sweep combo. But yeah, in the corner I normally do sweep, S Stinger, FRC, dash in, 6P, 6HS, Dub Curve into a loop. Does about 200 damage depending on how long you keep up the doobie loop, but I dunno all the ranges for it yet or if it works at midscreen.

I am having trouble finding a good combo off TK FB 236D in the corner that doesnt use carcass raid.

I have been doing:

(TK FB) 2369D 6P 6H p ball set 6H teleport j.k (late) 6P (opponent can tech here but kinda hard) 6H ball set

I do love adding teleports into combos, any help on high dmg without carcass (preferebly with a teleport lol) would be greatly appreciated.

Try this:

2369D – dash in a little, 6P 6H S Ball – 6H Warp – j. S (hits ball, not opponent) – land, (ball hits opponent) S Dubius – 2S xx Dubius

I have done it before, but I don't remember the damage. It's more than 200 on regular characters, if my memory doesn't betray me.

OK guys, I'm not sitting down with it, so I can't be 100% sure on onne part, but you should figure it out easily enough.

If you all remembered I asked you guys to play with this combo(terrible setup, but thats what i wanna work on). I know ryujin is loving this combo..

Hball, pball (from starting position hball is above opponent, pball at you). Normal 9j (terrible set up i know). 236d(late), landing j.s (if you time it right, you should be able to hit the pball landing, i've actually managed to j.s opponent, AND pball once or twice, much stricter timing...getting back to combo.

hball, pball, 9j, j236d, j.s landing, land and dash in immediately (ball will bounce and hit/float opponent), 6p,6h,CR,6p,6h,fb-DHM (or w/e you wanna throw).

Basically since the ball floats them you can rush in for the combo... OK this setup SUCKS and you obviously can't have 25% to start and drop 2 balls without getting punished.

BUT it is a midscreen combo that leaves opponent in knockdown in the corner and breaks 200 damage. SO now we try to make a setup for it.

Trying out spacing issues... I've found...

dash in, 2k.c.s(1!!!), 2D(BOTH HITS), hball, pball, teleport, 236D etc..

Any thoughts anyone!? the biggest problem i found is you can't do a TK,F-madstruggle because you won't be high enough to hit the pball as you land. If anyone can help me set this up it would be great.

Sign in to follow this