Sign in to follow this  
mr_tolkien

Bridget Okizeme

Yop everybody, i am now a player of GG for about 2 years, and after enjoying all those years the potchom buster, i've thought "Holy shit, why am I playing potemkin ? Bridget rocks ! ! ! I should learn how to play with !!!" Sooooo ... I've searched, learn how to abuse of the far 5S and this fµ*$£ 2P, and I noticed that ... The wake up game with Bridget should have it's own topic, cause it's one of the best of the game, and offers many possibilities ! For the moment, i'm just doing crappy things, like : Knock down, HS_S6, 236HS or 214 HS Knockdown, HS_S8, 421HS, 2K 6K And then comboooooooos But I actually am sure there's much better okizeme whith this character (How to f*** a sol Dragon punch ?), so, let this thread live :D PS : I'll introduce myself another day >.<

To punish a sol dragon punch your better off bating it and I read somewhere here that if you meaty with 2k you cant be Dp'd. Anyways I think you mean Bridget's okizeme game hehe. If you meant wake up then you can choose out of starship, holding hs (if yoyo is not placed), FDC glitch (guess you cant choose this one), backstep, fd jump/214k FD and um block. All this stuff must have been discussed somewhere in another thread.

Yes, but no XD I was talking about the game whan you're opponent gets again ^^ Ant for the fact that it has been discussed a little bit everywhere, yep, I know, but I tought that doing a central post with all the techniques to press safefully your opponent when he tries to kick your ass by doing Reversal Dp would be a good idez, cause this is, or at least I think it is, the key of the game with bridget ... Isn't it ? At least, it's on this I am building my game, pressing, pressing, and when I can't, half life bar combo (F*ù^¨$ powerfull Roger !) >.< Anyway, I apologise if my topic is a useless one :) PS : And 'scuse my English, I'm french >.<

i rushdown with starship frc =O

this

feri: Meaty 2K is more of a tactic you do against Ky's DP because Bridget crouches so low that the VT misses. Other than that, it's difficult to time 2K just right so that it can't be backdashed and it's especially difficult to space it so that you're not in throw range. Other strings that bait reversals:

2D knockdown, 6set (small dash may be necessary), 2P~5S

Input the 2P 5S with the speed of a 3S kara cancel or something. If they attempt to reverse here, the 2P will whiff and so will their reversal. You'll know you're getting this right by trying it in training mode, if the 2P is hitting later than it should you're gold, that means it's hitting as a true meaty. If you dash before the 6set that won't happen and the odds that you'll miss the meaty and some stupid shit like reversal jump/reversal something that shouldn't work will work and bite you in the ass increase. Obviously from there you've got the yo-yo behind them so do your standard whatever afterwards.

This works situationally:

2D, 6set (small dash may be necessary), yo-yo callback

It's kind of deceptive when this will fail you, as far as I know the yo-yo callback actually increases the size of Bridget's hitbox and you'll get pegged by Volcanic Viper and Johnny super from like ten miles away, and sometimes I-no's ground super. This is still good to go for against anything that'll get counterhit on the ground by the yo-yo move (Axl's DPs) but now that the yo-yo doesn't build the guard gauge on block anymore because god hates me it might not be all that good anymore.

In corner after 236K, P or 2D FRC:

IAD, 3set, j.2S on the way down

The mixups this sets up are honestly really good but you almost never see it in match videos, if I had to guess why:

1) It's actually really annoying to make this safe from IB->throw after the j.2S without compromising big-time and doing 5P as your ground move when you land (pretty sure close 5S can be throw-safe too, but more often than not you'll get chucked)

2) It's actually really hard to time this so that it's safe from reversals

3) Any situation where you can actually hit with this, if you have tension off of 236K you can go into the unblockable and if you hit with 2D there are other safe wakeup options you can set up that don't cost meter and set up at least some sort of mixup

But it's there, I won't use it against like top players because I'm so tired of getting IB thrown or reversaled out of something that's supposed to bait reversals but if it's against people with mid-tier defense I'll go for it. Also, this is like so useful against Order-Sol's Storm Viper, which according to the mook has seven million frames of startup time.

Anyway, I mean this leaves them with the yo-yo behind them and offscreen and on the floor, so you have a ton of options; roll after the first j.2S, yo-yo hold then 6K or 2D then release, roll j.P j.2S, standard yo-yo return or Roger Rush pressure, etc. The only thing is it doesn't take the yo-yo long to return to the screen from this position I think.

edit: By the way:

Ant for the fact that it has been discussed a little bit everywhere, yep, I know, but I tought that doing a central post with all the techniques to press safefully your opponent when he tries to kick your ass by doing Reversal Dp would be a good idez, cause this is, or at least I think it is, the key of the game with bridget ... Isn't it ?

I agree.

OK, remember how I said you could still be reversal-safe if you dashed before the 6set after 2D? That's true, but it's extremely hard to do in a match IMO. Just a warning.

Just an update about some oki and Slash stuff that I have sadly not used enough in AC. Midscreen KSMH~P Knockdown, 1) IAD j.D(cross), land, Tragedy, HSS_9~UB 2) HSS_7, meaty 5K~c.S(1)~RogerGet~FRC, 5P~jc.D. (UB) 3) HSS_4, run in, 2146+K~j.k~j.S~HS, land, f.S~HSS_6 4) HSS_4, 2146+K~j.D, land 5P~6S~B&B DAA~IDOU~j.P~j.2S, c.S(1)~f.S~2D Vs Ky j.HSS_3 Razor Bear

here some oki stuff that i use, lets say u do 5k>5s1+2>5s>2d options afterward... 6hs>call back> throw 6hs>Roger rush frc>bait opponents wake up> if they block or jump react accordingly/if the attack they will be punished by roger rush> combo+k'd 4hs>run, meet them with 5k on there wake-up>s1+2>5s>2d-this isnt a perfect meaty the opponent can jump back,and the have a milla second to dp u but i have caught many skilled players attempts to attack this set-up on wakeup and were hit instead with 5k...and i have tried this even on the most reversal happy player that i know and this setup still got them hit.When the opponent jumps u can f.s them, or in the corner run and airthrow them. (5s long version distance) 6hs>5s(be sure its not a sol or zappa dp opponent or character with a move like i-no stroke the big tree)>blocked>roger rush> run mixup/pressure/tick throw(2p>throw)(2k>2p>short run throw)(j.p>j.k>land throw risky on dp or throw happy opponents but very good on block happy ones) in the corner, leading from whatever ksmh-p, i always 4hs run meaty 2k>2px3>hs>run>2p>2d>4hs. This setup can be jumped,but its very hard to time anything when u meet them with 2k, i have tested it on a very reversal happy opponent and they got i-no hit everytime.i have also tried it on very skilled tournament level opponents and its very reliable for corner wakeup pressure.If the opponent blocks it mix in rolling+j.s>call back(hs)>run>combo if u can if not run 2d>

Some of my oki sets include (all on a person getting up of course): -HSS_6>dash in 2p (generally 3x) 2D...rinse and repeat...or -HSS_4>dash in 214+K>j.2S>HS>land~2D...etc.. -HSS_6>2P (3x)>HS hold>214+D bug>dash in for either 2D or 2K FRC combo... -HSS_5 (only when knockdown is right in front of you)>214+K>j.2S>HS>land~2D There are others but I'm too tired so I might add some others tomoro.

Some of my oki sets include (all on a person getting up of course):

-HSS_6>dash in 2p (generally 3x) 2D...rinse and repeat...or

-HSS_4>dash in 214+K>j.2S>HS>land~2D...etc..

-HSS_6>2P (3x)>HS hold>214+D bug>dash in for either 2D or 2K FRC combo...

-HSS_5 (only when knockdown is right in front of you)>214+K>j.2S>HS>land~2D

There are others but I'm too tired so I might add some others tomoro.

what if the opponent blocks it all? 2d without frcing will somewhat net you back at sqaure one again without any advantage.And 2p is only good on opponents who are always willing to block on the wakeup, i think 5k, and 2k are the best meatys bridget has. 2p is way too risky and it doenst have the long active frames like 5k does to ensure the opponent doesnt reversal super or dp u.

when u want to run in with the first oki u listed(also works on 4hs which is much better of a set for this oki strategy) i would start with 2k first then do 2px3, end with either the following...

a)on block.... f.s(5s at a distance) > roger rush cancel> run forward jump up mixup options with either a low airdash j.s>j.k>j.s or a jump to the ground and do 2k>5c.S1>6p>5c.S>ksmh-p oki of your choice preferably 6 set roger razor run pressure......

.........if 2k is blocked hopefully roger will be gone by then(he should be) do close 2k>2p>slight walk and throw....the opponent will have to jump this to avoid the throw because your are at +3 frame adv. And if they do jump pressure with 6p or an air throw.This works really good in the corner, and after u throw u can do 2k>4hs>run and meaty(5k or 2k) again on there wakeup.If there not in the corner after the throw i would do 2k>2px3>5s>6hs>yo-yo whatever to keep pressure going in your favor.

Ahhh yeah....i forgot to put in the 2K....i knew i missed something. Thnx for that last set-up for the tick-throw alex. The 2P are indeed meant for blocked strings which usually ends in a roger rush or razor roger like you said. The corner throws are the best. Those 2P set-ups are more of cuz i fight i-no players who don't really have a wakeup besides her super which i most of the time can predict...but as for those who can DP, imma have to agree with the 2K as the 2K can almost go thru any wakeup. As for the 2k>2px3>6hs>yo-yo, its very viable, but against characters like i-no's STBT or jam's bubble pop it gets somewhat harder as they can go thru and land a hit on the 6hs....unless they end up too far away...i think maybe add a f.5S for shorter charaters and a 6S for the taller ones then go into HSS_6?

Ahhh yeah....i forgot to put in the 2K....i knew i missed something. Thnx for that last set-up for the tick-throw alex. The 2P are indeed meant for blocked strings which usually ends in a roger rush or razor roger like you said. The corner throws are the best. Those 2P set-ups are more of cuz i fight i-no players who don't really have a wakeup besides her super which i most of the time can predict...but as for those who can DP, imma have to agree with the 2K as the 2K can almost go thru any wakeup.

As for the 2k>2px3>6hs>yo-yo, its very viable, but against characters like i-no's STBT or jam's bubble pop it gets somewhat harder as they can go thru and land a hit on the 6hs....unless they end up too far away...i think maybe add a f.5S for shorter charaters and a 6S for the taller ones then go into HSS_6?

Np man i kinda figured u might have forgetten the kick meaty because i-no will super 2p everytime for big damage knockdown and oki pressure on your wakeup...5k meaty is so reliable that it will be extremely tough for the player your facing to input a reversal fast enough(even sols dp) when they are getting off the ground and being greeted with 2k, or much more consistent 5k...im not sure if i-no's super ignores commands or not so its best to predict (like u been doing) a super and punish with a callback combo like i love doing.

for that blockstring always add 5s at the end of 2px3 to atleast push the opponent back far enough to throw the 6hs out and bait your opponents option to get out of pressure.....when fighting i-no or jam just hold hs sometimes and 2d/ksmh-p(kills stroke) to punish there wish to attack 6hs recovery period. Release the yo the second u see them do anything but block.And during the block string u can do f.s>hs(call-back) right away and then there back in blockstun(bridget is at 21+ frame advantage on a call back.)run tick throw, do another block string to get the yo-yo behind the opponent or block string into a dust launch combo(if dust is block cancel into a 5 set or 4 set or 7set).If the opponent has bad options like dizzy/may/johnny/anji/axl/millia(somewhat)/ i would do 2k>2px3>5s>6hs>5s>roger rush(canceled from 5s poke) if the opponent, which most of them do decide to instant air dash roger rush 6p,6s, or air throw them for tech trap options.If u punish the player enough they will normally just sit there.

Oh and i dooooo not recommend ever 6s during a blockstring because every character in the game can just block low and make it whiff, and punish your recovery.... i only normally use 6s to punish back air-dashes from roger set-ups, on testament and johnny... and of course on hit for the taller characters like i-no/ordersol/sol, and b-n-b comboing.

Ahhh yeah....i forgot to put in the 2K....i knew i missed something. Thnx for that last set-up for the tick-throw alex. The 2P are indeed meant for blocked strings which usually ends in a roger rush or razor roger like you said. The corner throws are the best. Those 2P set-ups are more of cuz i fight i-no players who don't really have a wakeup besides her super which i most of the time can predict...but as for those who can DP, imma have to agree with the 2K as the 2K can almost go thru any wakeup.

As for the 2k>2px3>6hs>yo-yo, its very viable, but against characters like i-no's STBT or jam's bubble pop it gets somewhat harder as they can go thru and land a hit on the 6hs....unless they end up too far away...i think maybe add a f.5S for shorter charaters and a 6S for the taller ones then go into HSS_6?

dam i just re-read my previous post from yesterday, i had left out the 5hs part my damn self. Im real sorry bout that i corrected it. Also, in a now corner situation u can always normally do after a 2d knockdown, 4hs>run>meaty5k>5c.s1+2>f.s>2d....razor bear on wake-up..or repeat the process.

......If its blocked 5k>5c.s1+2>f.s>roger rush>....as long as there not fding...roger first punch will hit the opponent before they can do anything...u can instant air dash over there head to get roger to run into them blocking or, run and pressure again because roger rush leaves bridget at frame advantage(i think its plus 84).

Haha thanks for the input man. For the 6S i meant only if it hits (which in that case first input f.5S then the 6S, but even so it only works on the tall characters), but yeah 6S is not a great idea for pressure cuz one duck and ur toast. 5K is a great choice for pressure and is indeed very meaty. SO much things to consider with Buri...but thats why we luv him ^_^ Oh and I-no's super does ignore stuff...i guess the creators felt she needed SOMETHING as a wake-up.

Haha thanks for the input man. For the 6S i meant only if it hits (which in that case first input f.5S then the 6S, but even so it only works on the tall characters), but yeah 6S is not a great idea for pressure cuz one duck and ur toast. 5K is a great choice for pressure and is indeed very meaty. SO much things to consider with Buri...but thats why we luv him ^_^

Oh and I-no's super does ignore stuff...i guess the creators felt she needed SOMETHING as a wake-up.

i just revised what i posted like 3 times some notations were wrong...but tis completely correct now. And im glad to hear that =)..i myself just kinda learning the whole meaty thing...like i said in some instances 5k ,when u throw 4hs for oki, can be 1framed jump...u have to react to that by air throwing, or 6p'ing. If its not 1f jumped 5k will catch there jump period(i seen it at our ac gathering) and u can 5k>6s>possible bnb but i havent done it sucessfully so i wont say for sure 5k hits them pretty dam close if its not one framed jumped.

And yes f.s>6s is a much better hit confirm method.Im bout to watch your youtube videos =D

Lol. Well haven't been able to record any bridget vids yet...just came back from classes...i'll try to do some over weekends and upload them up... For now enjoy the bread to my butter (that is bridget)...some Baiken ^_^

One of the Bridget oki I use is 421 H/D or 236H j.k j.s j.k 5s close(2hits) 2S 2D 236k,k

I think I need to make a new thread for Oki from a guessed tech after an Air B&B

e.g. https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=RmQFk1l971A#t=347s

j.S>j.2S>jc.K>j.S>j.2S>HSS_5,HS

This will tag cornered neutral techs

-----------------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=w7lR-rzUJWQ#t=1357s

j.S>j.2S>jc.K>j.S>j.2S>HSS_9,HS

This will tag cornered forward techs, and back techs with an attack

Edited by Jais

Throw bait

Corner KSMH~K~HSS_6,HSB V Starship

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=RmQFk1l971A#t=524s

And if they block the starship, you can HS stall the approaching HS to continue pressure like so

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=w7lR-rzUJWQ#t=1412s

Edited by Jais

Sign in to follow this