Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

shinquickman

Nerfs or Buffs each character should recieve, GGAC Edition

If little eddie gets hit, or you use up too many moves/too much time and the meter runs out on its own, it has to refill from scratch. If you unsummon little eddie manually (236+Button when you have eddie out) or big eddie gets hit/blocks something, little eddie goes away, but the meter is full and he can be re-summoned at any time.

I think having the unsummon replenish the bar is a good thing. I think eddie getting hit refilling the bar is stupid.

I see. That makes things clear for me. Then let it be that whenever the summon gets hit, the meter will run out, PLUS the proposed idea of having Eddie's life bar decreased in the process. In that way, the meter would start refilling from scratch and at the same time make Eddie receive damage (still the damage is still up for discussion). Eddie would still continue moving/attacking without getting knocked down or flinching. Think of the life bar decrease pretty much like ABA's Moroha mode which is one time only and not DoT (damage over time). ABA gets to move/attack as she likes but her life goes down.

-----

And another thing that I would like to bring back for Anji and the game...

Bring back Anji's voice actor and the #Reload/Slash announcer.:yaaay:

You should want to IK yourself for getting thrown when your Moroha bar is that low. YO FAULT

Except the fact like everyone esle I don't get thrown on purpose...neither do I take counter DA or burst on purpose. But that's not the point here anyway.

And another thing that I would like to bring back for Anji and the game...

Bring back Anji's voice actor and the #Reload/Slash announcer.:yaaay:

+1 about the announcer

For some characters some changes on their FB should be enough to up/down them:

-Bayken: this stupid travel around the screen + free escape + cross up counter move should be a FB

-Testament: forward beast should be a FB

the normal grave digger should be a FB too; and the FB grave digger should be the normal version as it used to be. So, no more free loop from any part of the screen.

Eddie's beast gauge should decrease faster and refill slower, so he would have less time and oportunities to rape his opponent.

ABA should be less vulnarable when she gets out of moroha mode. I known it doesn't happen so often, but when you get IK after a throw:vbang:; trust me you just wanna IK your opponent with your own hands.

Some characters like faust, venom and millia seems fine as they are...I am right?

Translation:

All the characters I have trouble with, should suffer nerfs, my character's main weakness should be abolished.. That would balance that game.

to be fair the things he mentioned being nerfed are fairly legit. Forward EXE beast is IMO the best move in the game, it's basically an auto FRC if someone trades with it and leads to tons of damage, it's hella fast and lets you pick up combo's, and it's like +a billion on block when FRC'd and can cover his mix up. Gravedigger is also fairly retarded, it's good damage and gives him a boat load of meter and he can get it off of tons of his stuff, he can also end it in super and start setting up the giant tree's and really start controlling the match. Baikens ouran counter, while entirely baitable, is super amazing just by existing, you don't even have to use it half the time, because if they DO bait ouran they can't bait any of your other counters/lose pressure anyways. I don't know about his fix to eddie, but I think we all agree SOMETHING has to be fixed about eddie.

As for ABA, she can stay the way she is, good ABA's manage their moroha meter well, if you're getting that low you need to pack/combo out. Overall ABA is pretty balanced, she has good strengths and not overpowering weaknesses. There's not a single tier list that puts her as bad, she's always either listed as solid to good.

EXE Beasting

It's not that hard to balance one move out. EXE Beast can be sufficiently nerfed by simply making it more unsafe on block/whiff, forcing an FRC to still be decent. That's probably fine.

The only problem there is how badly would that nerf Testament? EXE Beast is probably one of his most reliable moves, making it shit would be very tough to work around.

Except the fact like everyone esle I don't get thrown on purpose...neither do I take counter DA or burst on purpose. But that's not the point here anyway.

Nope. The point is that while your bar is that low, you need to be looking for grab attempts, sweep attempts, counter attempts, and anything else that could knock you down. This is because your character, in exchange for being so easily killed, has excellent defense along with arguably the best offensive capabilities in the game once in Moroha mode. You die in 3 knockdowns, but you kill in 2 combos. That's what you get when you pick her.

To summarize, if you get knocked down at the end of your Moroha bar, it's YO FAULT.

Err, what do you mean? Do you mean Return Jack is combo-able if we do it that way?

first hit of sweep puts opponent airborne, airborne jackhound floats opponent on hit. ergo, guaranteed return jack (burst notwithstanding).

It's not that hard to balance one move out. EXE Beast can be sufficiently nerfed by simply making it more unsafe on block/whiff, forcing an FRC to still be decent. That's probably fine.

The only problem there is how badly would that nerf Testament? EXE Beast is probably one of his most reliable moves, making it shit would be very tough to work around.

I personally have no probelm with forward EXE EXCEPT that if you trade with it it basically gives testament a free blue roman. It either needs to come out slower or it need to disappear on hit.

first hit of sweep puts opponent airborne, airborne jackhound floats opponent on hit. ergo, guaranteed return jack (burst notwithstanding).

Looks like I worded it wrong or something. :vbang:

I mean, Johnny should be able to combo directly after he does Return Jack on his opponent.

eh, i don't really think it's necessary to be able to combo off of it. as it is, you can just spend your gold burst on return jack rc for a midscreen unblockable.

it would be nice if it had less recovery though, that way people couldn't burst through it and punish.

@qwerty:

With Return Jack has less recovery (we can directly combo off of it), midscreen unblockable only needs 50% tension. That's why I said this change may or may not make him broken.

free unblockable off of return jack? that sounds like it would be pretty dumb, haha.

if you ask me, the best solution would be to simply get rid of return jack altogether and make jackhound better.

return jack seems like something that was tacked on as an incentive to get people to use jackhound like they used to, only that it didn't really work out like that because jackhound is so easy to stuff/punish in ac.

if you were to make jackhound too good (see: slash), it would alter johnny's character design so much that he probably wouldn't play anything like he does now (or perhaps he would, but only situationally). in that regard, i understand why arcsys nerfed jackhound the way they did.

I think a tension-based move that raises Mist level is a cool idea. They shouldn't remove it.

One thing I'd like to see is Baccus Sigh gets used much more often, being a more integral part of Johnny's gameplay. Perhaps adding a FB version of it which travels endlessly on the screen and/or much faster? Much faster, travels much longer, and can be done midair?

Translation:

All the characters I have trouble with, should suffer nerfs, my character's main weakness should be abolished.. That would balance that game.

Oh! You must be right, I'm the ONLY ONE having a hard time with Eddie, testa, or bayken.

Let them be as they are. Thanks for the post dude.:yaaay:

Comprehension fail.

Indeed!

From start I never said aba's "moroha to normal" animation should be safe. So read right or try to make fun of some one else.

Knowing the fact only a few characters can IK her

knowing your in trouble anyway if your moroha gauge is over= you probably loose a fare amount of life already (and of course, you have to handle it yourself)

Knowing you'll take a free combo no matter who your opponent is. (and I have no problem with that)

Would it be such a disgrace if the vulnerable time frame were reduce "just a little bit" so no more Ik could be done but still the combo you deserve for your misjudging

What a shameful buff!

knowing your in trouble anyway if your moroha gauge is over= you probably loose a fare amount of life already (and of course, you have to handle it yourself)

Knowing you'll take a free combo no matter who your opponent is. (and I have no problem with that)

Would it be such a disgrace if the vulnerable time frame were reduce "just a little bit" so no more Ik could be done but still the combo you deserve for your misjudging

What a shameful buff!

as a player of a character who can IK aba (lolkylol) and with fastest IK..... no...... okay fine

as for buffs to Ky:

...... not much to complain about, but

guaranteed knockdown off LJ (instead of 90% of the time)

more damage off his pokes (fS specifically)

make greed sever not a terrible overhead (less unsafe, or faster, maybe a form of cancel)

VT more IF's

faster start up on stun dipper

a bit more damage, just enought that fighting potemkin isn't like digging a mine with a toothpick

and (lowest priority) have orb vacuum to over so it has the enemy over the center, better positioning for combos.....

one or two of these would be nice; don't need all

EDIT: also move the ground SE FRC to the same point as the ASE.

What a shameful buff!

Only a few characters CAN'T IK her, honestly. Some require the use of meter to do it, but you're very obviously missing the point. You are in control of your Moroha gauge, and if you let it get past 50% without a good reason, then it's YOUR FAULT if you get emptied and subsequently IK'd. If you get thrown, it's because YOU let it happen. If you get hit, it's because YOU let it happen. You can easily do 50% in one combo ending in a doublekey, and you have the option to do more damage than that while only getting one keygrab (and you have to use a bloodpack to get back in, poor guy).

What a shameful buff!

Knowing the fact that if you are in a bad situation like losing moroha, you WILL die from one simple combo from most characters in the whole game, if not all. IKing your opponent is more of something you do to fuck with them.

You get IK'd, you fucking deserve it. 100% right frank/DW.

If you make BL his FB, everyone would cry about getting taken to the corner with gravedigger, than getting 1 hit badlands for like an 80% combo because the damage would obviously have to go up. shit makes no sense.

Maybe nerf EXE beast though. Shit is gdlk.

Oh! You must be right, I'm the ONLY ONE having a hard time with Eddie, testa, or bayken.

Let them be as they are. Thanks for the post dude.:yaaay:

NP

srsly, though, to me, it seems most players who have a hard time with Testaments/Eddies/Baikens, are the players who don't know the match ups, opposed to the characters just being so far beyond everyone else, that they need to have ALL of what makes them good nerfed to shit, and gain nothing behind the loss, like you described in your post.

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showpost.php?p=628846&postcount=1705

these people in this thread bitching about baiken and slayer? they have no fucking clue how to fight against them because they either lack matchup experience or simply aren't good enough at the game to know how to. they don't lose to them because they're high tier, but because they don't even fulfill the prerequisites of a tier ranking in the first place (note: the one situation where tier placement doesn't matter; when one player is much better than the other).

to help make this more clear, say you're an eddie player and you always lose to johnny. does this make johnny a bad matchup? (maybe for you but the real answer is) no. it simply means the johnny player is better than you, and thus his tier ranking is irrelevant because you two are quite frankly not playing the same game.

this works both ways in ggac because the game is balanced; that's kinda what being balanced means.