A Jam, Slayer

B Robo, Millia, Dizzy

C Bridget, SOl

D Axl, Faust, Venom

E Potemkin, I-no, Johnny, Bakien

F Ky, Testa, Zappa, May

G Chipp, Anji

Here's something I found in the Axl board about the above tier chart:

We had a discussion about character matchups on our German board and someone (who speaks Japanese) scanned the latest #R Arcadia Character Ranking (12/2005):

Edit: Oh.. the image is to large.. hm.. so heres the link.. scroll down.. (10th post)

http://www.hardedge.de/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=5984&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

These were the players:

Nemo (Faust), Kamichan (Slayer), GNT (Ino), Ruu (Bridget), 012 (Sol?), Buppagyuu (Ky?), Koinuma (May?), Ogawa (Eddie), Chikkusa (Chipp), Imo (Zappa), FAB (Potemkin), Sharon (Baiken), Suineko (Jam), Bleed (Johnny), Omito (Johnny?), Dennou (Axl?), Domii (Anji?), N-Otoko (Venom), Shounen (Testament), H.H. (Dizzy/Millia), Kazuki (Dizzy), Arisaka (Robo Ky)

(note that the article only had the players listetd, so who played which characters is based on the opinion of some people who follow the Japanese scene, so I can't guarantee for that)

Here's something I found in the Axl board about the above tier chart:

We had a discussion about character matchups on our German board and someone (who speaks Japanese) scanned the latest #R Arcadia Character Ranking (12/2005):

Edit: Oh.. the image is to large.. hm.. so heres the link.. scroll down.. (10th post)

http://www.hardedge.de/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=5984&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

These were the players:

Nemo (Faust), Kamichan (Slayer), GNT (Ino), Ruu (Bridget), 012 (Sol?), Buppagyuu (Ky?), Koinuma (May?), Ogawa (Eddie), Chikkusa (Chipp), Imo (Zappa), FAB (Potemkin), Sharon (Baiken), Suineko (Jam), Bleed (Johnny), Omito (Johnny?), Dennou (Axl?), Domii (Anji?), N-Otoko (Venom), Shounen (Testament), H.H. (Dizzy/Millia), Kazuki (Dizzy), Arisaka (Robo Ky)

(note that the article only had the players listetd, so who played which characters is based on the opinion of some people who follow the Japanese scene, so I can't guarantee for that)

so its basically a matchup of the best players in japan with respective characters? i assume they played 20 matches RR.

so its basically a matchup of the best players in japan with respective characters? i assume they played 20 matches RR.

We should really do one of these in the US.

I don't know how many people would want to take time out of their "busy" schedules to play a huge RR that's only to decide how good their character is in relation to others.

Especially not like 90% of the big name players 'cuz all they want is money matches.

I think it'd be interesting to see what the results would be in the US, though. Problem is who you'd get to play which character.

We should really do one of these in the US.

I don't know how many people would want to take time out of their "busy" schedules to play a huge RR that's only to decide how good their character is in relation to others.

Especially not like 90% of the big name players 'cuz all they want is money matches.

I think it'd be interesting to see what the results would be in the US, though. Problem is who you'd get to play which character.

I don't think that'd be so tough. It wouldn't be hard to narrow it down to the 2 top players for each character in most cases, and from there we could vote on who will represent or something.

The real hard part would be getting all these faggots in one spot. We can't even get all the top players to show up at Evo, so I dunno how this would work.

I don't think that'd be so tough. It wouldn't be hard to narrow it down to the 2 top players for each character in most cases, and from there we could vote on who will represent or something.

The real hard part would be getting all these faggots in one spot. We can't even get all the top players to show up at Evo, so I dunno how this would work.

Well I was referring to getting people who are not only "good" but also willing to play a match that isn't for money. Because honestly how many of the top players would play a non-tourney, non-money match that isn't even for bragging rights?

Well I was referring to getting people who are not only "good" but also willing to play a match that isn't for money. Because honestly how many of the top players would play a non-tourney, non-money match that isn't even for bragging rights?

I would think having your name on a list of the best players in the US would be worth a bit, at least. I guess that doesn't mean much to some people though.

You don't have to have everyone in the same place at once, but you'd eventually have to have everyone play everyone else, and that would be pretty difficult if you've got half of your best on the EC and the other half on the WC. The problem is that there's just no money involved, and fighting game players are, as a rule, poor as fuck.

Sign in to follow this