Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Runis

[CT] Noel Combo Thread: Welcome to the Haida-Loop

Yeah, I'm seeing that now. I can get 3 reliably now, and be in low and close with the last 66C with gives quite a few options depending. Can Rapid the first 22BC and then do 22C and get 4 Haida's, but it seems to be a waste of Heat, need to check that more.

Oh just trying stuff last night - Back throw in the corner gives 2B 6C 22B 22C 66C 22B 22C 66C jc jC j236C. I was trying it on Noel (albeit I was doing 22BC instead of 22B 22C, was doing that against Jin and Rachel)

BTW: I dunno why I didn't think of this sooner: 2D (1) -> RC -> 3C. It combos on hit, it's a nasty mixup on block. Probably a good way to start off this Haida loop

OP: Could we get some damage numbers on these combos? I was messing around and I have a ~4.6k combo for Tager, but I don't know if it's even worthwhile compared to the other combos there. Thanks! Also, videos would be real nice. I'm getting a nice camera for Christmas so I hope to contribute eventually. :D

Tager combos it's easy to pass the 5 K mark with corner haida loops, but 4.6K ain't bad, especially midscreen consistently. How much Heat does it use and how does it start? just 3C straight up?

Uses no heat, and starts with a 3C from about the distance you start at when the match begins. 3C -> 22C -> 66C -> 22C -> 66C -> 22C -> 66C -> 22C -> sjc -> jB -> jC (3, but I'm not entirely sure it matters all that much) -> 236C ~4.5 k You can play with it a bit and see if it does more (I can't actually get a good rep with any other air combos yet...), but I think there's a certain way to get 4.6 k out of it. I just keep stumbling onto it every now and then. EDIT: Yeah, just let the jC hit three times. The timing is REAL weird. The wait in between 66C and the 22C feels like forever...it's basically wait as long as you can. By the end, Tager is bouncing so high with the 22C that you can super jump instead of needing another 66C to get in there. I'm getting a digital camera for Christmas (yay!) so I should be able to upload a video of it at some point.

Well, let me one up you and say that I'm getting an HD PVR for Christmas... :p So hopefully I can compile all these loops into a short combo video by the end of January, in glorious HD.

Haven't posted or played BB in a while. I uploaded these a while ago, not sure how useful they are :

Litchi (5600)

Tager (5941)

Tager Corner (6461)

I guess I didn't really note in the Tager one I actually end with 22C, 669C(2), 236C. You can do that on Litchi as well but the spacing/timing seemed kind of strict. Pretty sure the corner Tager combo works midscreen. I guess I'll give that whirl.

Can anyone post a haida loop combo that works on V-13? I'm having a hard time linking one on her. videos would also be nice if there are any. I can only find the ones on jin, ragna, tager, and rachel.

Currently attempting the one on Nu...can't get it quite yet (I'm getting consistent around 4000, but not the 4.5k that's listed...si I'm just toying around with it). So far 3C hold 6C 22C 66C (B+C) 6C 22C 66C is about all I have...playing with the ending and attempting to tack on an extra bit of air combo damage at the end, but it's getting difficult. Timing is a bit weird too... But I'm working on it! :D

On V-13: 3C 22C 6C 22C 66C 22C 6C 22C sj B C (3?) 236 C is 4.5K Notes on spacing. 3C is deep and running at midscreen. first 6C is about medium delay, there is a little forward movement. 1st 22C is late, Nu will bounce pretty far away. Slight delay on the 66C, you want a short slide. Late 22C. 3rd Rep is the same with slight dash delay and late 22C. Last rep quicker 6C and quicker 22C, Nu bounces high so quick super jump B, C is still gold heat, super usually misses gold heat on the big rocket. Still playing with it.... hitting it about 30% of the time right now.

*for mid-screen*

3C->22BC->66C->throw cancel->6C->22C->66C->22C->jc->j.A->j.B->jc->j.B->j.C->j.236C

*for corner*

6B->6C->2C->3C->22BC->6C->22C->6C->22C->jc->j.C->j.236C

they work on every single character except carl and are actually pretty simple, do like 4.2k damage or so. Just make sure to dash in close enough for the two consecutive 6C's vs smaller targets. The corner 1 wont work on litchi or carl. Besides that, they are easy and not rly character specific, so you can use them as "stubs" of sort vs the characters vs which havent learned any advanced haida loops :v:

PS: the jump combo at the end is rly up to u, i just find that 1 to be the easiest :x

This post needs more props. Great way to start learning this loop and its variations. The fact that it does 4k meterless damage, and works on almost everyone (fuck Carl!) is golden.

And who coined the term "Haida?" Does that actually mean something in Japanese?

And who coined the term "Haida?"

i always thought thats how the actual 22B/C move was called in the japanese version o,o

and also thanks for the props :)

another universal one i learned:

6B->6C->2C->3C->22BC->66C->22B->22C->66C->22C->jc->j.C->j.236C for like another 4.2k damage, wich off a 6B always seemed rly nice to me, and it can be done both mid-screen and corner and against everyone except carl (doh) or litchi(6B->6C whiffs and puts her at a bad distance, i think it's still doable changing the spacing and 22B/C reps t accomodate, but i fail it o,o). Its basically a better version of the corner one before that can be used everywhere now :x

just throwing that 1 out there, specially since i've replaced that corner combo i posted earlier with this one completely.

apparently it's the name of the move, flash haida- (hider) you want to end your combos in drive stuff since it's the most damage you're going to get and knocks them down.

6B->6C->2C->3C->22BC->66C->22B->22C->66C->22C->jc->j.C->j.236C for like another 4.2k damage,

Good stuff and imo rather easy to do on certain characters midscreen

I only get 4k out of it tho

Also I cant get it to work in the corner at all. I tried changing the 66C's to 6C's to keep some space but I'm still having trouble gettin the secong 22B to connect. Any pointers?

*edit*

Trying it out on all characters at the moment. max dmg for me is 4080 (2hits of 2C in the beginning and 3 hits of J.c)

Doing the full Combo on tao is very hard, if not impossible for me.

If you omit the first 22b and do only 22c for the initial pickup the combo becomes MUCH easier and still does 4017 dmg.

Bang is tricky too, since the 2nd hit of 2C has a tendency to whiff sometimes. if you do it with only one hit of 2C the dmg is around 3,8k iirc, imho not worth the extra 200dmg compared to the standard bnb.

On Jin and Noel it's a breeze. Can get it 90% in training mode after just 1 hour of practice.

I assume Ragna, Haku and Tager willbe a breeze too, going to test out Rachel, Kune and Nu in the next few hours.

This might sound retarded but if you think you've got the time for it, try 46C? Just back up a step.

Good stuff and imo rather easy to do on certain characters midscreen

I only get 4k out of it tho

Also I cant get it to work in the corner at all. I tried changing the 66C's to 6C's to keep some space but I'm still having trouble gettin the secong 22B to connect. Any pointers?

*edit*

Trying it out on all characters at the moment. max dmg for me is 4080 (2hits of 2C in the beginning and 3 hits of J.c)

Doing the full Combo on tao is very hard, if not impossible for me.

If you omit the first 22b and do only 22c for the initial pickup the combo becomes MUCH easier and still does 4017 dmg.

Bang is tricky too, since the 2nd hit of 2C has a tendency to whiff sometimes. if you do it with only one hit of 2C the dmg is around 3,8k iirc, imho not worth the extra 200dmg compared to the standard bnb.

On Jin and Noel it's a breeze. Can get it 90% in training mode after just 1 hour of practice.

I assume Ragna, Haku and Tager willbe a breeze too, going to test out Rachel, Kune and Nu in the next few hours.

yes it is 4080 max damage, and if in the corner, dont do 66C, just hold 6 for a very very small time to get in 6C range and then 6C, if u dash ull get too close to 22B/C them, forgot to mention that part.

This might sound retarded but if you think you've got the time for it, try 46C? Just back up a step.

honestly, i usually have time to step forward a bit and u tend to end up too close to 22B/C in the corner so spacing can be an issue. I don't know whether to rush to training mode to test this out or bang my head on a wall for not thinking of that first :psyduck:

And who coined the term "Haida?" Does that actually mean something in Japanese?

It's coined by the Japanese, and from what I was told it's called "Haida Combo" because it does "High" "Da"mage