Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RedBeard

Johnny forum complaints/questions/suggestions.

AC is about to be released in the US. There isn't much to clean, but I'm gonna try find some spots to shine, in time for the new blood. RedBread got alot of unfinished work laying around, also. Going to try to fill in what I can.

Hey guys, a lot of new threads out there, but don't worry, your old favorites are still around. They'll filter back to the top as people talk in them.

About these new threads, just trying something a little different. We got an entire forum for all the Johnny talk we could ever want, so we ought to use it. No need to lump all the Sol and May, and everyone else, matchup talk into one thread. We can afford to give each match up their own thread. For new folk and the infrequent vistor, this should make it easier to find what they want, without all the hassle of the forum's crappy search engine. For the everyday viewer, well, you're here everyday; you already know where everything is.

At the moment, ABA is the only one with anything in it. I'll get to the rest latter.

In the same vain, I would also like to discourage use of the 'Johnny AC Discussion.' We got a lot of topics going on in there: Crossups, MistCanceling, Mist Setups, new techniques, videos. And they each are specific enough to deserve their own thread. If you really like that thread then that's fine too, but don't be afraid to make a new thread.

is it possible to make sub-thread out of the JO matchup and C/P all the related infor there?

I'm not sure I follow you. You want to relevant info from the old thread copied into the new threads?

I've list all combos with 1hit Ensenga after a Corner Throw. (Best way but many solution possible) TE : PPPDE RK : PPPDE BR : KSDE FA : PPSDE PO : PKSDE IN : KSDE BA : KSDE VE : KSDE (Delay K<>S<>D<>E) MA : KSDE (Delay K<>S<>D<>E) ED : KSDE (Delay K<>S<>D<>E) KY : KS dJ KSDE SOl : K > KJ FRC > DE (Delay D<>E) OS : K > KJ FRC > DE (Delay D<>E) MI : KSDE (Delay K<>S<>D<>E) AB : (Delay K<>S<>D<>E) DI : KS dJ KSDE (Delay D<>E) JA : KSDE (Delay S<>D<>E) ZA : PPSDE (Delay D<>E) SL : KSDE (Delay S<>D<>E) CH : KSDE (Delay S<>D<>E) AN : Hj K > KJ FRC > KDE (Delay D<>E) AXl : Hj K > KJ FRC > KDE (Delay D<>E) Joh : Hj K > KJ FRC > KDE (Delay D<>E) Info : Delay K<>S = Delay between the K & the S etc.. Hj = High Jump , Dj = Double Jump

hi 4r5, to clarify, i meant is it possible to have a VS thread then within it, put all these vs XX threads in instead. so it'll be like: VS thread --->vs sol thread --->vs ky thread ---> etc...

nah, can't have threads within threads, but we can have a sub-forum. I'll get someone to give us one. camo, cool list of 1hits you got there

We have to do a complete list for 1Hit from Midscreen Throw but it's not very simple. The Dash Cancel is just so Hard to perform !:gonk:

4r5 - I think JOFan means is suggesting one matchup thread with one large post per character, sort of like what Kyle has done over at the May forums.

That's the way it was setup before, but with the discussion taking place after the character posts, instead of in a different thread. What I got going here isn't much different then what we had before. Just now, each character post and the related discussion have their own thread. btw, we have a matchups subforum now. all the matchup threads have been moved to the subforum. (also, I wasn't the one who wrote the description for the subforum)

reaver: post those combos in their respective characters matchup threads. so long as they're accurate, it's not like they're going to be deleted or anything.

on a more relevant note, i do think it's time to take some quality time and completely redo the resource threads. most of them haven't been updated much since redbeard first posted them, and the best way to fix that is to just delete them altogether and re-do them.

the other thing that could really see some improvement are the matchup threads in the subforum. most of them don't have much info at all other than speculation from myself and others (and 4r5 gracefully critiquing/correcting everyone's posts). again, i know it must suck being the only active mod of this forum, but unless someone else with knowledge of the game steps up it's never going to get done. i would volunteer to help with all this, but my knowledge of accent core is.... selective, to say the least.

of course, i'm still stuck on the "make a wiki" bandwagon, but that doesn't seem to be a viable prospect for the near future. it would honestly solve the problem of people asking the same redundant, easily answered questions all the time. i post on vfdc and the character subforums there see the most activity when there's something inaccurate with the wiki (which, honestly, given the size of the us vf community, is fucking amazing).

i would like to reiterate to 4r5 that your work here really has been a big help in improving my game, and certainly others can say the same. your work here hasn't gone unappreciated, it's just that there's no way one person could possibly document something of the same caliber as say, a large, organized wiki. i'm sure that if there ever is something like that for ggac that you would play a large role in it, but as it stands, you're the single moderator of the johnny forum. i'm honestly surpsied you didn't give up a long time ago, given how (seemingly) little help you've gotten from the rest of the moderation crew over the past year or so.

Johnny is more than complicated, if you can actually capture all his potential in one forum I would love to see it.

I think we should have a list of lv1 and lv3 mist finer combos. Maybe some dbt and kjt combos. Capitalize on some of Johnny's non tension or coin combos. (I realize that this will not deal a lot of damage, but knowing these combos can help)