Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bjholmes2

[CS1] Hazama Complete Guide

Posted Image

Hazama

Height: 183 cm

Weight: 61 kg

Blood Type: AB

Birthplace: Unknown

Birthday: April 29

Hobby: Collecting Silver Accessories

Dislikes: Cats

An officer attached to the NOL's intelligence department. His rank is captain, and the name "Hazama" is an alias. When Jin Kisaragi set out for "Kagatsuchi" alone, he was put in charge of the case and worked with Noel, but on the eve of Ragna the Bloodedge's terrorist bombing, began acting towards a different goal. Because of his constantly smiling expression and carefree demeanor, it's impossible to get a read on him. He's very talkative, though he has humble manners. He dislikes hassles and combat, and the completion of the mission is always his top priority.

Guide Information

This guide represents the combined efforts of all contributors to the Hazama board. Special thanks to CrimsonDisaster, MisterBadguy, and this wiki! Feel free to inform me of changes that need to be made. Thank you!

Table of Contents

• Move List at a Glance
  • Notation
  • Gameplay Specifics
  • Frame Data
  • Normal Move Overview
  • Drive Overview
  • Special Move Overview
  • Distortion Drive Overview
  • Move Properties
  • Combos
  • Matchup Data

Move List at a Glance

Special Attacks

Jabaki (:d::df::f:+:dbt:)

Jasetsu (:d::db::b:+:dbt:)

:f: Ressenga (:abt:)

:f: Gashoukyaku (:bbt:)

:f: Zaneiga (:cbt:)

:f: Stance Cancel (:dbt:)

Hirentotsu (in air :d::db::b:+:bbt:)

Gasaishou (:d::df::f:+:cbt:)

Jakou (:f::d::df:+:dbt:)

Distortion Drives

Jayoku Houtenjin (:d::df::f::d::df::f:+:bbt:)

Mizuchi Rekkazan (:f::df::d::db::b::f:+:cbt:)

Astral Heat

Thousand Souls (:db::f::df::d::db::b::df:+:dbt: or :f::df::d::db::b::f::df::d::db::b:+:dbt:)

Notation

A 2B 6C xx Special Move(Button Used, Notes), D - Example combo

- A, B, C, and D are used to represent those respective buttons.

- The numbers represent joystick postions in the following manner:

7 8 9

4 5 6

1 2 3

With 2 being down, 5 being neutral, etc.

- A space indicates a gatling, or cancel between two normals.

- The "xx" indicates a cancel that doesn't involve two normals, i.e. from a normal to a special.

- The "~" incicates a follow-up from one move, i.e. "D~A"

- The commas indicate a link, or two full actions that combo without cancelling.

- The term "j.214B#" indicates performing the following: [j.C x 5] [dj.C x 5] xx dj.214B

Normal Move Overview

5A: A fast punch. Not very useful except when a fast combo starter is needed, as it scales combo damage and length.

2A: A very fast punch. Useful for pressuring the opponent when used with 5B, but suffers the same problem as 5A.

6A: A relatively slow elbow that hits overhead. Cancel into 236236B on hit. Removes one guard primer.

j.A: An aerial punch that has long horizontal reach. Almost useless.

5B: Knee attack, less range than 5A. Very useful as a combo starter, poke, pressure tool, and occasional anti-air.

2B: A low hitting kick with relatively long reach.

6B: A slow, low hitting kick. Not very useful. Removes one guard primer.

j.B: An aerial with good diagonal reach. A great aerial poke; useful after D hitcomfirms.

5C: A quick, X-shaped slice with the knife. Hits twice and can be cancelled on either hit. Useful as a combo starter, anti-air, and occasional poking.

2C: A diagonal slice with the knife. Can be used as anti-air, as it has a little invincibility.

3C: A decent-ranged, low-hitting slash with the knife that knocks down. One of Hazama's most important combo tools.

6C: Hazama hops back and throws three knives diagonally. Causes stagger on CH and removes one guard primer. Very slow, but leads to huge combos on CH.

j.C: A short-ranged aerial. Can be be mashed for up to 5 hits, the last of which prorates 110%.

j.2C: A downward aerial slash with short reach. Works well as a crossup, and has a lot of hitstun, allowing 3C to be comboed afterward fairly easily.

Drive Overview

Hazama's drive, Ouroboros, is a two part technique. With the first press of D, he will launch out Ouroboros. After either extending to its max range, clashing with a projectile, hitting the opponent, or being followed up, it will stop. Follow-ups are available at any time during the Ouroboros' travel.

Every followup (except for D~A) consumes one Ouroboros stock. Stocks are regenerated by either remaining on the ground for a certain amount of time or by hitting the opponent with the chain. When the Ouroboros stock is depleted, followups cannot be performed (except for D~A).

When the chain hits the opponent at close range, it will inflict very litte hitstun. However, when it connects from a distance, it will inflict inflict large hitstun to the opponent, allowing you ample to to pull yourself to the opponent and combo.

D: Ouroboros is launched straight ahead.

2D: Ouroboros is launched straight up.

4D: Ouroboros is launched at a 70 degree angle.

6D: Ouroboros is launched at a 30 degree angle.

j.D: Ouroboros is launched straight ahead.

j.2D: Ouroboros is launched straight down.

j.4D: Ouroboros is launched at a -70 degree angle.

j.6D: Ouroboros is launched at a -30 degree angle.

j.9D: Ouroboros is launched at a 30 degree angle.

D ~A: Hazama retracts the Ouroboros.

D~B: Hazama pulls himself to the grapple point, following a parabolic path. Very slow and not recommended.

D~C: Hazama pulls himself to a point slightly beyond the Ouroboros and stops. Useful for crossups when mixed with D~D.

D~D: Hazama pulls himself straight towards the grapple point and is affected by significant momentum, which can be cancelled by using any attack. Most often used followup.

Special Move Overview

Jabaki (236D): Hazama emits a very long-ranged energy wave directly in front of himself. Removes one guard primer, and slides the opponent on CH, which allows for combos in the corner.

Jasetsu (214D): Hazama enters a stance that can be followed up with an additional input. Delaying the follow-ups for about 1/8th of a second will result in higher damage output and, in the case of Zaneiga, fatal counter properties. Hazama is in CH state while in the stance.

:f:Ressenga (A after Jasetsu): Hazama performs a lower-body invincible heel drop that combos into 2A.

:f:Gashoukyaku (B after Jasetsu): Hazama performs a Trap Kick-esque maneuver. Useful as anti-air and untechable on FCH, but does not seem to be invincible and has slow recovery. Use with caution.

:f:Zaneiga (C after Jasetsu): Hazama performs a slow low attack that removes one guard primer. Combos from 3C, and combos into 5C.

:f:Stance Cancel (D after Jasetsu): Hazama returns to his normal position. Recovery time makes "mist cancelling" impossible.

Hirentotsu (214B in air): Hazama performs an aerial heel drop that causes knockdown. Removes one guard primer.

Gasaishou (236C): Hazama performs a short-ranged command throw that staggers the opponent, allowing for a 5B combo. Invincible in the latter part of the move, but the proration is bad.

Jakou (623D): Hazama tosses Ouroboros diagonally upwards. On hit, it slams the opponent down. Air unblockable.

Distortion Drive Overview

Jayoku Houtenjin (236236B): Hazama disappears briefly and reappears with an upward kick. Invincible on startup, fast, very useful for escaping pressure, and allows for a [short dash, 5C] combo on hit. Removes one guard primer.

Mizuchi Rekkazan (632146C): Hazama summons a portal to the opponent that starts an auto-combo on hit. Please note that it can be blocked.

Combos

Bread and Butter Combos

5B/5C 3C xx 214D -> C, 5C 2C xx 623D

5B/5C 3C xx 214D -> C, 5C 2C (JC) j.B [j.C x n] [dj.C x n] xx dj.214B

6A xx 236236B, 214D -> C, 5C 2C 4D, 623D

6A xx 236236B, 214D -> C, 5C 2C 4D (jump) [j.C x n] [dj.C x n] xx dj.214B

5B/5C 3C xx 214D -> C, 2C (JC) [j.C x n] (land) 2C xx 623D, 632146C - 50% Heat

j.D -> C, j.B (land) 5B 3C xx 214D -> C, 5C 2C 4D, 623D, 632146C - 50% Heat

214D -> B (FC), 623D, dash, 3C xx 236236B, 214D -> C, 5C 2C 4D -> D, [j.C x n] [dj.C x n] xx j.214B - 50% Heat

5B/5C 3C xx 236236B, 623D, 632146C - 100% Heat

5B 3C xx 214D -> C, 5C 2C 4D xx 1632143D - 100% Heat, requires Astral conditions

Throw Combos

B+C, 6D -> D (jump) j.B [j.C x n] [dj.C × n] xx dj.214B

4B+C, 5D -> D (jump) j.B (land) 5C xx 623D - Can add optional 4D before 623D

4B+C xx 632146C - 50% Heat, can add optional 5D before super.

236C, 5B 3C xx 214D -> C, 5C 2C 4D -> D [j.C x n] [dj.C xn] xx dj.214B

Matchup Data

vs. Λ-11:

vs. Arakune:

vs. Bang:

vs. Carl:

vs. Hakumen:

vs. Hazama:

vs. Iron Tager:

vs. Jin:

vs. Litchi:

vs. Noel:

vs. Rachel:

vs. Ragna:

vs. Taokaka:

vs. Tsubaki:

Thank you so much! I read through about 30 pages of the CS thread and didn't find anything. EDIT: Google Translator = :vbang: Description for 2A: "So-called Copan, Hazama occur very quickly in the (fastest?). Roll cancel, but accepted, even when we used to consolidate the guard five minutes or so to lose to Rampage or the other?"

You can mash Hazama's j.C for more, uh, j.C's, or something. I think the x n is just a placeholder. I don't think people really know, yet, how many C's you get and in what situations you get them in.

Thanks! :keke: I'm going to do my best to translate Google's translation for the move list. Don't hesitate to correct my mistakes! Also, I'd be vey appreciative for a comprehensive list of videos. Once the Hazama thread is opened, we can just stash 'em in the "Hazama Video Thread", but for now, we can stick them here. Thank you!

"Roll" in google translate is usually an equivalent to "mash" (ie. roll/mash the button)- "roll cancel" for 2A = you can rapid-fire it. Generally speaking, the first jC of a combo is going to be 1-3 hits, however many you need to put them at the right height to hit with a full jCx5 right after. Drive moves: 5D sends the chain out horizontally, 6D sends it up at a ~30 degree angle, 2D sends it straight up, 4D sends it up at like a 70-80 degree angle. Air D moves have similar angles IIRC, but I forget if they all flip from up to down or not. After sending out the chain you can push a button for various effects, you can do this up until he pulls it back naturally IIRC. #DA - pull the chain back, faster recovery than if you just sit there in a silly pose. Has some limited combo use, mostly to make the chain safer if you know it's going to whiff or to play MIND GAMES??? #DB - Hazama pulls himself in a parabolic path towards his opponent. Useful for some combos, mostly used to have a more evasive movement. #DC - Hazama pulls himself and ends up behind his opponent with no momentum. Used for tricks/crossups. #DD - Hazama pulls himself in a straight line (if the chain is extended all the way or hit something fairly far along) and rockets forward with a lot of momentum. Most useful extension for combos and general movement.

Takin a crack at it. These are from said wiki, just reformated to our notation.

From 5B/5C

5B/5C>3C>214DC>5C>2C>[623D] or [j.B>j.C×N JC j.C×N>214B]

5B/5C>3C>214DC>2C>j.C×N>2C>(4DA)>[4D>623D] or [4DD>j.B>j.C×N JC j.C×N>214B]

5B/5C>3C>214DD> dash 2B>2C>j.C×N JC j.C×N>214B

5B/5C>3C>214DC>2C>j.C×N>2C> (4DA) >623D>632146C

5B/5C>3C>236236B>2C>4DA>4DD>j.B>j.C×N JC j.C×N>214B (unconfirmed)

5B/5C>3C>236236B>623D>632146C

Note:It seems that average bnb damage with meter is around 2100~3000, exceeding 4000 with 100 heat.

EDIT: j.CxN nonsence fixed.

6C: Hazama hops forward and throws the knife diagonally. Causes stagger on CH.

I thought he hops backwards. Has it changed since the tests?

He jumps backwards still. There are indeed JCs between jCxNs. Hazama has a j9D that goes at the same angle as his ground 6D, IIRC. Forgot to mention this earlier but the chains are considered projectiles, they can cancel out other projectiles (and go into their hit/"stuck" state), Hakumen can slash them to make the vortex, Tager can sledge them, etc.

Corner

5B/5C>3C>214DC>5C>2C>623D>2B>2C>j.C×N JC j.C×N>214B

Throws

6B+C>6DD>j.B>j.C×N JC j.C×N>214B or 6D>623D (2400 damage)

4B+C>5DD>j.B>5C>[(4D) >623D] or [(4DD) >j.B>j.C×N JC j.C×N>214B]

4B+C>(5D)>632146C

The same as 236C>5B>3C~ (I have no clue, supposed to be a throw combo?

My shot at interpreting the rest.

Anti-air

214DA>2A>5B~(ender)

236236B>2C>[4DA>4DD>j.B>j.C×N JC j.C×N>214B] (unconfirmed) or [623D>632146C] (I've been informed that option 2 does over 5500 damage O.o )

Any drive on both hits or CH

>C derivation >j.B>ground combo (against grouded opponent)

Note:It seems that average bnb damage with meter is around 2100~3000, exceeding 4000 with 100 heat.

Hazama 100 heat combo does 5500 damage and some change. Something like flash kick super, chain throw them to ground, ground super.

Hazama 100 heat combo does 5500 damage and some change. Something like flash kick super, chain throw them to ground, ground super.

I'm just writin' what I read man.:keke:

And that combo sounds über-sexy.

So, those times I've seen in videos where he seemingly grapples onto nothing and takes off are actully Hazama hitting projectiles with his drive? That makes sense... EDIT: I'm curious, what is the move where he grabs the opponent out of the air with the chain and tosses them away? Is that 623D? EDIT #2: Also, I've recently discovered that the follow-ups on his drive moves consume one Ouroboros stock. Is it safe to assume that the 214D followups do as well?

So, those times I've seen in videos where he seemingly grapples onto nothing and takes off are actully Hazama hitting projectiles with his drive? That makes sense...

EDIT: I'm curious, what is the move where he grabs the opponent out of the air with the chain and tosses them away? Is that 623D?

EDIT #2: Also, I've recently discovered that the follow-ups on his drive moves consume one Ouroboros stock. Is it safe to assume that the 214D followups do as well?

hes grappling to projectiles? i dunno, it always looked like he could just stop the chain snake thing at a point in air and swing along it. Honestly i don't think some1 has the coordination to keep track of projectiles, predict their trajectory to hit with the chain, and then be able to use that particular angle to ur advantage in the middle of a fight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xcs5N9rAuJE

if you need an idea of what the moves look like. This was made during the locations tests, so shrug if things changed or not

edit: also someone needs to make the picture at 2mins an avatar

Epic vid is epic.

I just read no one has been able to combo off of flash kick, even on CH:gonk:. I'm sure this is old news, but it made me a sad panda.

And I'm sure I've seen vids of him just throwing the chain up in midair and swinging at some point?