Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bjholmes2

[CS1] Hazama Complete Guide

Yeah, you can just grab the "screen" and fly around like a jerk. Also, I can't really tell how long it takes to get Ouroboros back. I'll try to get more info when I get home. If you have any questions, I can try to answer them.

OK, at this point, I just need someone to verify the move data that I've got up. Mainly just to see how well MisterBadguy and I can interpret engrish. :v:

Also, I would like a list of gatlings and move properties, e.g.:

5A: Special Cancellable, Jump Cancellable, 2A, 5B, etc...

EDIT: Oh yes, I musn't forget:

:toot:Special thanks to MisterBadguy and CrimsonDisaster! :toot:

Also, koogy, thanks a bunch; now we can finally stop theory fighting. :kitty:

Is there a color sheet available for Hazama? I'm torn between Bananarama and Smooth Criminal, but I'm sure he's got other awesome colors.

i think u can follow-up at any time, but that's just a guess, i believe i saw a vid of him doing so but nothing definite.

I've never seen anyone cancel immediately with anything other than A...maybe canceling with the movement has it wait till it extends to a certain point

OK, at this point, I just need someone to verify the move data that I've got up. Mainly just to see how well MisterBadguy and I can interpret engrish. :v:

Please feel free to double check. I won't be offended. Crimson already found one goof :x

I"ll try to help with the engrish!

I'll start by trying to find the properties of his normals :O

GREAT! My BBCS online career is gonna start with Hazama mirrors.:I:

Basic move properties would be a godsend at this point, so the help's appriciated Miso.

Remember this is what I can understand from the odd translations. Remember to pass by the original page in case something seems fishy... A moves 5A-doesn't hit crouching Rachel and her ilk. (litchi, carl?) Can be used to get a person out of an low air dash (IAD?) 2A-says top, guessing it can be blocked both high and low. can be used to stuff rolls 6A-says middle. Overhead? o.o safe unless at point blank range, cancellable J.A-horizontal punch can be cancelled into drive (maybe) can use j.C afterwords B moves 5B-can be gatling'd from 2a, 5a good in combos (guessing proration) safe on block 2B-low attack slightly slow start-up (relatively methinks) 6B-low attack can be canceled to super on hit breaks a primer J.B-big reach mentions something about Eriarukonbopatsu 5A. I would think that it's used in a combo after "eriarukonbopatsu", after 5a, which I would think is his drive. Gatlings to j.C C moves 5C- many things gatling into it, 5a, 2a... used in BnBs fast, but short reach 2C-as fast as 5c used in BnBs needs to be barrier/IBd in the air (anti-air) anti-head attribute many things gatling into it, 5a, 2a... 6C-stagger on CH 3C-low attack used in BnBs short reach J.C-mash for more hits j.C x 5 > 5c is possible jump cancellable? J.2C-says it's better to use j.C this is all I can get from it. Sorry if it's something you already know... I just wanted to help. Maybe some other people who knows Japanese could contribute! :O Hopefully... no pressure.. o_O

His drive is translated to something like ourobourosu, so the j.B bit probably refers to kick super or 214DC. Thats my guess anyways. EDIT: At second glace it's air-combo-patsu. So whatever patsu means... possibly a theoretical method of relaunching?

yeah I meant drive cancels. Either that or it specifically refers to using the ouroborous stock, and not just throwing snakes around. And more specifically zoning to the target to combo?

Hmmm... makes sence. So j.B would be the jump in of choice during drive movement then? Stupid moonspeak. Can't wait for the arcade release to hit somewhere nearby. Thanks Miso, every little bit helps.

some great new footage today:

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm8944946

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm8944813

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm8944229

214D~D/mistcancel is a bit faster than people are making it out to be....still no one uses 6C or 236D...wonder if the moves are really just that bad

anyone know if hirentotsu (j.214B) is an overhead?

If hirentotsu is the combo finisher that's used after j.C x n that looks kind of like ragna's final follow-up after inferno divider, then yeah it is. Looks like a downward kick right?

I feel like I've tried TK j214B and had it blocked low, but it might have been Tager and his crouch animation is deceiving :V I'll try to confirm later today. 6C is decent after 623D ender as it's a free guard primer. Followups are a bit iffy but whatever, it gives you space to do chain zoning. jB is indeed the followup of choice after drive movement.

is j. 214B safe on block if done low to the ground... also, is 6C cancelable into 214B? if both yes then hazama has some decent guard break potential after 214B knockdown (or off random close block) also, is 6C good for oki? seems like since it jumps back you might be able to start some pressure if they roll behind (which seems to be the hardest thing for hazama to punish) or is there too much recovery on whiff (though I would hope that it would catch the roll before they go behind) can you follow up to a low to ground 214B? something like lambda/nu's TK sickle loops?

Hey, bj. It just occured to me, but doesn't 214DB look more like the first hit of King's Trap Shot than Rugal's Genocide Cutter? Not nearly as recognisable in print, but still...

6C-stagger on CH

jump cancellable, but can't use j.C (not sure on this one)

This is false. 6C has no jump cancel ability.

Can you use j.2C as a cross-up?

Yes. It's a better cross-up than j.B, as the hitstun is longer. You can easily do j.2C -> 3C -> basic combo at pretty far ranges.

from my experience -AvA - j.C>j.A>j.B (j.C is fast/has deceptive reach. j.B has a good amount of startup, better for crossup) - hazama's j.B doesn't just stick out and then pulls back in. it sticks out, then he kind of kicks behind him which is great for crossups by whiffin above the opponent before you actually crossup. -jayoku > dashing 214D~C > 5C(2) > 2C > 4D > 623D for about 4k if i remember correctly -charged 214D~B = fatal counter. Combo to 6D > 623D > dashing 3c -cancel 3c to 214D~A to get into opponent's face before they recover from a neutral tech. -214D~A > jayoku possible -the only fatal counters that hazama has is charged 214D~B and jayoku can't think of all the other stuff i know atm but will update later today when i remember.