Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FlashMetroid

[GGAC] Jam Match-up Thread

Jam vs Millia. I know this is already in Millias favour, she not only outranges you with her pokes, you can't jump in on her, so j.HS and iad214k are off and her sweep outranges yours. I seem to only win when I rely on my Shishou's; other than that, mixing up my pokes with f.S and 2D seems to be the only other way to get close to her; but even that's too risky. Another thing I came up with is to and get her from below with j.S while she's in the air; but other than the afore mentioned, there isn't much to do. Any advice?

I'm not sure what to say here, other than don't let the fight drag on for too long. A good millia will eventually crack any player's defense, so win fast. The single one I played against in Taiwan (who, while outrageously good at offense, wasn't that great defensively), I just went all out offensive, because the trade is significantly in Jam's favor. There isn't really much to talk about here. Against her mix/crossups, you learn it by experience. Against her pokes, you have other matchups that are far worse, so I don't really see that as a problem. Only thing to watch out for is trading against her FB. Learn to bait that thing consistently. Someone else will be able to provide better help on this one. My approach is to just charge at her and go for it, regardless of what I have to start with. You do enough damage to her such that any type of combo plus another one will kill her. Another thing to keep in mind is that while millia is a pain in the ass to hit using other characters, she is not that hard to loop with Jam. That plus she's light, so 2d into 2 kick is all kinds of funny.

The match-up with jam vs milla is basically 2S links and 2D chargded dragon kicks and she will be down for the count!!!

My match up opinion has been updated I havent been doing much on the forums becuase I was training for evo but im gonna start agian soon and im gonna be changing alot of things that I learned in the match ups that ive already wrote aswell as finish off the other ones so be on the look out\ also honestly I dont like the dos and donts but let me know if you guys wanna keep it I was thinking about trying something new

Still nothing about Axl huh?... Nobody plays Axl in US? ...I find him to be a real pain in the ass! My matchs against Axl are always random. I can't really predict the guy and he counters (you know, his special parry-counter kind of moves) whenever I get in... So he screwd up and my first phase connects and I win with a "perfect" (or almost).. or I just lose without being able to do anything... the latter happens more frequently though... -_-' some advice would be appreciated.

We've discussed Axl somewhere in the earlier pages. He is an annoying character to play against, but should not be a hard to beat with Jam. Just stay on the ground till you find an opening, then charge in, air or ground. Basically. Once you are in, the fight should be over. He can't outpoke you, he can counter you with dp as a high risk/low reward, or he can catch as high risk/mid reward. Basically anything Axl try to do when you are up close is high risk because you will blow off 70% against anything he guesses wrong, or take a 60% combo into knockdown. As for when he is on the offensive. He has a total of 1 real mixup (bomber, I don't consider 6h a mixup, it's way too slow), and a crossup that can be beaten easily once you become use to it. He can cancel that blue unblockable thing, which is annoying, but that's all it is. Jump and FD then that thing is no longer a problem. Besides, Axl players only do it at specific distances, so once you learn to recognize it, you can just take a chance and run them into the ground. I mean it's a trade highly in Jam's favor: If you get hit, it's like 60-70 damage? and knockdown. If he gets hit, it's at least 50%, location and tension pending, and possibly knockdown too. Basically, Axl setups are too specific. He can only chip away at your life, and if you play carefully, his catch counters should not be an issue. Don't take risks in the air and feed him free combos. Just keep in mind he needs to get a lot of openings to win, you only need one. ps. Use alot of 6h baits at correct distances, which you'll have to learn yourself. 6h crushes both 2k and 2d, both are axl's safest pokes, result in a counter.

The Jam vs Axl fight is probably one of if not the easiest fight she has Once your in the match is done from far away a random FB can end the match His hi/low mixup is easy to parry so you can shut his offense down completely I play my match up in the air usually cuz I find it easier to bait counter from the air(like when I air dash) but I know exactly how Axl plays considering I was pretty much the most succesful Axl in the US atleast so far Parry Ransengan its a free get in for free card, dont eat the early jump in bomber over head and and everything else is done once your inside you treat him like sol just play careful and watch out for counters the same way you would look out for VV

Mirror matches comes down to who can control the field better, that and for the love of god don't FB randomly. The opponent can reverse FB on reaction, and there is nothing you can do to stop it at that point. There is no strategy. You know what you should watch out for, and what you can counter with. Read the opponent and retaliate accordingly. I don't know much about I-no, but I don't think she can be that hard. Then again, I haven't really faced a good I-no in AC yet. The parry-low block option select should beat her cleanly on wake up. Watch out for the occational throw mixup, that's about it. Someone else will have to help out on this one.

Mirror matches comes down to who can control the field better, that and for the love of god don't FB randomly. The opponent can reverse FB on reaction, and there is nothing you can do to stop it at that point. There is no strategy. You know what you should watch out for, and what you can counter with. Read the opponent and retaliate accordingly.

I don't know much about I-no, but I don't think she can be that hard. Then again, I haven't really faced a good I-no in AC yet. The parry-low block option select should beat her cleanly on wake up. Watch out for the occational throw mixup, that's about it. Someone else will have to help out on this one.

You were right on point for Jam vs Jam

Ino vs Jam is either rush that bitch down or run away and let him run into your stuff becuase her dash is lame

Jam vs. Jam is gay.

your just mad becuase i raped you on stuff you dint know about at evo lol

Yeah because the best Jam player does not always win out like when Ka2 got beat by Jam-ojisan.

that was 1 match im pretty sure Ka2 wins most of the matches they play

WOW! You didn't rape me lol. Rape is like 2-0 double perfect! IT was 1-1 and I got hit by FB ball into zomg. Lol we'll see Rape at SER i assume? Because at evo you didn't rape me son. lolz. And when did barely winning become rape? Lol ima destroy you at SER!

KA2 loses to people that spamms 236s~ any variation. There are two things KA2 has no idea how to deal with, the other being grand viper. If you watch any mike vs KA2 matches, KA2 looks completely confused most of the time. This happened even in slash.

After watching videos of Ka2 most of his loses have been to other Jam Player. I have always said the worst enemy is yourself!!! We will see were the great American Jam player are at when SER comes around I might take one of yall stops Dorean and Flash you cant stay on top forever!!!

input parry and then 1+your faultless buttons of choice. You cancel the parry into faultlessing down back whether or not it catches an attack. Make sure to faultess though, if you don't you get a backdash that usually gets destroyed by what ever you wanted to parry.

Option selects are extremely high level execution defense. That's how most pro players are able to successfully defend against things that can't be read or reacted to. Every option select can defend up to 2-3 type of mixup or crossups. You look at the set up by the opponent, choose one of the inputs, and then hope you guess right. It's not always a good thing to do though, because the input takes time, and leaves you pretty vulnerable at times (especially if you screw up the input. When that happens, the likely outcome is just that you aren't blocking). But being able to chain multiple defensive inputs together is paramount in high level play.

Option selects are extremely high level execution defense.

It's like Bulletball Extreme? ..a "High Caliber" execution defense table game? ^^

(I mean, no exageration... it's not that hard to pull out... you just have to know the stuff and train to be able to think of it in a match.. that's all.)

It's pretty hard to do it right. You may be able to guard against 2-3 things at once, but you are completely defenseless against everything else. Problem with most option select is that you are assuming your opponent will have optimal timing to his pressure, or that he won't delay bait. Because if either of those things happen, you will get nailed during your input due to stupid shinannigans. Even the most basic IB/backdash option select can get screwed up very often. There are a lot of other risks with option select. However, in certain situations, it's imperative.